JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: May J - Here We Go feat. Verbal

Author Topic: [NEWS] 'Winter Sonata' actor Park Yong-ha found dead in apparent suicide  (Read 3509 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
 :shocked

'Winter Sonata' actor Park Yong-ha found dead in apparent suicide

박용하, 논현동 자택서 숨진채 발견
June 30, 2010

Park Yong-ha, a Korean actor and singer, was found dead at his home in Seoul early Wednesday morning in what appeared to be a suicide, police said.
Park's body was found at his home in Nonhyun-dong, southern Seoul, at around 5:30 a.m. by his mother, police said, noting that he appeared to have hanged himself. No suicide note has been found.
According to his family, Park said "I'm sorry. I'm sorry," last night after massaging his father, who is terminally ill with stomach cancer.
His family and acquaintances said Park had been severely distressed by his father's disease.
The 33-year-old actor and singer, who debuted in 1997, is widely known across Asia for his role in the 2002 hit drama series "Winter Sonata," and has also released song albums.
Last month, Park was cast as the leading role for a Korean television drama, which is a remake of the popular 1996 Hong Kong film, "Comrades, Almost a Love Story." The shooting was set to begin in July. [Yonhap]

source: http://joongangdaily.joins.com/article/view.asp?aid=2922511

Offline yossierocks

• ecchi
  • Member+
oh no... really? That's just awful... I hope it doesn't set off  a pack of suicidal Japanese housewives...
Worshiping Yoshizawa Hitomi since 2001

Offline DO Me DO Me

• °Erien Godmother
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • K-M-E-I Kamei! K-A-M-E Kyamei!
Just a note, this is not "Yon-sama", the main guy in the Winter Sonata drama that everyone loves, Park Yong-ha was the supporting actor. But nonetheless I was very shock and sad to hear this news last night. Last time I felt sad about a celeb's death was when Lee Eon died (from Coffee Prince). I thought he was a very handsome actor. The last time I saw anything of him was when he was Ayaya's guide in Korea when she went over there last year to film a Merengue no Kimochi episode. Turns out that he's an actor from Up-Front in Japan. RIP Park Yong-ha.

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
Just a note, this is not "Yon-sama", the main guy in the Winter Sonata drama that everyone loves, Park Yong-ha was the supporting actor. But nonetheless I was very shock and sad to hear this news last night. Last time I felt sad about a celeb's death was when Lee Eon died (from Coffee Prince). I thought he was a very handsome actor. The last time I saw anything of him was when he was Ayaya's guide in Korea when she went over there last year to film a Merengue no Kimochi episode. Turns out that he's an actor from Up-Front in Japan. RIP Park Yong-ha.

I was actually thinking it was him for a moment and it kinda sent a chill down my body. Although I've actually never seen Winter Sonata I have seen Ledgend and know how iconic Yong-joon is in Korea and Japan.

Still very sad to see something like this.  :(  R.I.P.

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: May J - Here We Go feat. Verbal