JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Naht - D.I.S.

Author Topic: Official NHL Thread  (Read 551166 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: Official NHL Thread
« Reply #1780 on: September 25, 2011, 12:30:01 PM »
pretty sad. saw them air it here too before the first home pre-season.

pretty sad here too. racism still alive and well. Like really? Good for Wayne Simmonds to just keep scoring the goal.

he said: "It was unfortunate that this incident happened but I am above this sort of stuff. This is something that is out of my control. Moving forward, this incident is something I will no longer comment on so I can just focus on playing hockey for the Philadelphia Flyers."

OILERS keep rollin. love dat SMYTTiE da ENFORCER! going after anyone who sniffs at the young guns, like RNH (who prolly gonna stay for sure)

Darcy Hordichuk for MVP!

Bhulin gonna bounce back like he did with the Flames, so bitches stop whining! Go Oilers GO!!

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #1781 on: September 26, 2011, 06:17:46 AM »
CROSS-POSTING FROM THE VIDEO GAMES THREAD!

Can't help if this was part of the reason why there's been such hype over NHL 12. :lol:

http://tinyurl.com/3z7fk8w

Big props to Mr Tom_Green for finding and shooting the link over to me. :thumbsup

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #1782 on: September 29, 2011, 10:19:34 AM »
^ that's from all that sticky icky in EA HQ XD

THEY BACK!! Horc Hemmsky Smyth line! Who knows, maybe Smyttie will be setting up Hemsky for a 50 goal season!

BUT SHIT!! RNH! Hall!! what a line with Eberle, finishing shit off. Future looking bright!

nice hair Hallsy! (no homo)

dunno about the defensive corps, Whitney gotta get back. Petry looks like he gonna wet his pants and Tom Gilbert just sucks.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 10:29:52 AM by daigong »

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #1783 on: September 30, 2011, 06:19:51 AM »
Picked these up today. :twothumbs

Commemorative felt banner for the first regular season game for the new Jets (against the Montreal Canadiens). Only 500 copies of these were made. I got copy #61.  8)2  I know, I know, I should've looked to see if they had #69. :lol:

Winnipeg Jets primary logo felt banner.

There's a 98-99% chance that I'm going to frame these. Can't let them get dirty, after all. :yep:

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #1784 on: October 03, 2011, 02:32:17 AM »
LOLOLOL what happened BRULE? fail.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #1785 on: October 05, 2011, 06:03:31 AM »
Local Peg Sheety radio station came up with this one:

:wahaha:

Props to Tom_Green for finding these next two. :)

:lol: :lol: :twothumbs

Offline Tom Green

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1786 on: October 05, 2011, 07:43:54 AM »

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #1787 on: October 05, 2011, 08:40:15 AM »

Offline Tom Green

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1788 on: October 06, 2011, 03:19:22 AM »
NHL to host Face-Off Festival in Winnipeg

The National Hockey League will celebrate the opening of the 2011-12 NHL season and the League's return to Winnipeg with the 2011 Molson Canadian NHL Face-Off festival in Winnipeg on Oct. 6.

The NHL will transform "The Forks," Winnipeg's iconic downtown gathering point, for the season-opening hockey and entertainment event. Fans will be treated to live musical performances, interactive hockey attractions, a live broadcast of the opening night game between the Montreal Canadiens and Toronto Maple Leafs from the Air Canada Centre in Toronto and guest appearances from George Stroumboulopoulos, CBC late-night host, among others.

CBC, VERSUS and NHL Network will be on the scene in Winnipeg and will broadcast portions of the festivities live to fans nationwide in Canada and in the U.S.

"While all hockey fans around the world are excited for the new season, fans in Winnipeg have waited 15 years to have the NHL back," said Brian Jennings, NHL executive vice resident of marketing. "The 2011 Molson Canadian NHL Face-Off will be a true festival and celebration with a great combination of hockey and entertainment for fans joining us in Winnipeg and fans tuning in across North America."

"The start of hockey season is a national holiday in Canada," said Dave Perkins, president and CEO of Molson Coors Canada. "We plan to help the NHL throw the biggest 'Welcome Home' party hockey fans in Winnipeg have ever seen."

"We are honored the National Hockey League has chosen Winnipeg and the Jets to host the season-opening event for the NHL year," said Mark Chipman, chairman and governor, True North Sports & Entertainment and the Winnipeg Jets.  "The entire province has been captivated by the return of the NHL to Winnipeg and we are certain the excitement and support of this festival will be just like everything else so far this summer – overwhelming."

"We couldn't be more excited to launch a new season with CBC's 'Hockey Night in Canada' live from Winnipeg," said Julie Bristow, executive director of studio and unscripted programming for CBC. "Like 'Hockey Night in Canada' itself, the start of a new season is a rite of passage for Canadians and we look forward to connecting fans across the nation with our coverage of the euphoria and celebration of the return of the NHL to Winnipeg."

From 3 p.m. to 9 p.m. CT, NHL fans young and old will be able to take part in the free festivities: attractions that test hockey skills; prizing and giveaways; food, beverage and merchandise tents; and live musical performances and the live game broadcasts on giant screens. For fans 18 years or older, the Molson Canadian Hockey House hospitality spectator area will feature live game broadcasts, cold beer and other entertainment. Additional special guests will be announced in the coming week. Fans should visit NHL.com/faceoff for the latest information.

The Forks will feature video boards to showcase CBC's "Hockey Night in Canada" broadcast of the Canadiens-Leafs from the Air Canada Centre. CBC's pre-game show, "Scotiabank Hockey Tonight," hosted by Ron MacLean, will cover the opening of a new hockey season live on location from Winnipeg, Toronto and Vancouver, airing nationally at 6:30 pm ET.

"Hockey Night in Canada" will also bring viewers the Stanley Cup banner-raising in Boston. Don Cherry returns for the new season of "Coach's Corner," airing live from Toronto during the first intermission of the Canadiens-Leafs game.

VERSUS will offer live look-ins to the festivities in Winnipeg from its set in Boston and its Stamford, Conn. studio. VERSUS' coverage of the Bruins' home opener against the Philadelphia Flyers at TD Garden will start at 6:30 p.m. ET with its pre-game show, followed by live coverage of the Bruins' banner-raising ceremony at 7 p.m. ET and the game broadcast.

NHL Network's coverage of Opening Night will commence at 3 p.m. ET from its set in Boston and will be on the scene in Winnipeg and in Vancouver for the Canucks-Pittsburgh Penguins showdown at Rogers Arena, wrapping its coverage at 7 p.m. ET. NHL Network's post-game show will feature highlights from Opening Night, including the banner-raising in Boston and the 2011 Molson Canadian NHL Face-Off in Winnipeg. NHL partners Scotiabank, XM, Canadian Tire, Frito Lay Canada, Bridgestone, EA Sports and Reebok also will take part in the season-opening festival.

The exciting lineup of musical performers will be announced next week.

Watch for The Winnipeg JPHIP Crew JFC, Johnbobman and Tom Green to be on TV

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #1789 on: October 06, 2011, 03:21:16 AM »
^
Part of me hopes I don't have to work the next day. :P

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #1790 on: October 06, 2011, 03:24:10 AM »
Time to hit up the bars tmr!! Peg SHEETY! CBC!! FUCK YES!!! I'm raising my salad bowl tin foil Stanley cup for MY HOMiES!! :jphip:

LOLOLOL what happened BRULE? fail.

Too busy hanging with rockstars? :doh: Maxim Lapierre is the biggest JOKE in the league. Getting into Peckham's fight, ONLY throwing punches Refs get into defend.. CANUCKS WANNA DESTROY RNH? FUCK DAT

eta:

and lol shit. totally forgot about the JPHiP NHL Fantasy Draft :rofl:

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #1791 on: October 08, 2011, 08:13:06 PM »
Watch for The Winnipeg JPHIP Crew JFC, Johnbobman and Tom Green to be on TV
Myself and johnbobman might not have ended up in any of the TV shots, but Tom Green ended up being right behind the hosts' platform. So if anyone was watching the show, you may or may not have been able to see him since he would have been behind/covered by Strombo's ass. :lol:

Bought a shirt specially made for the event. :thumbsup

Evidently they had been designed before the actual final roster had been decided, seeing as how Scheifele's not on there. :P

To paraphrase the old sayin', you can take the man out of Winnipeg, but you can't take the Winnipeg out of the boy.
http://twitvid.com/UG0EY

Offline Tom Green

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1792 on: October 09, 2011, 04:36:46 AM »
The JPHIP crew did make it on CBC and NHL TV  :D

Here are some pics and videos i took.

NHL Faceoff On CBC

NHL Faceoff On CBC

« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 06:17:40 AM by Tom Green »

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #1793 on: October 09, 2011, 11:34:01 AM »

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #1794 on: October 09, 2011, 01:25:10 PM »
^ hahha That'll be the best defense for the Canucks! Drop da panties.

HOLY SHIT GREAT DEAN!! incredible turnout by the fans, thanks for the pix and vids haha @ the blue and red guys with the chicks. Fuckin gonna be watching Fuelled by Passion: http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/story/2011/10/07/spo-passion-jets-documentary.html?cmp=rss

NHL SEASON STARTS TODAY!! :P

LOL get your tickets now! http://www.stubhub.com/oilers-vs-predators-10-17-2011-1122275/

Dubnyk's new helmet lookin dope

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #1795 on: October 09, 2011, 07:17:55 PM »

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #1796 on: October 13, 2011, 07:36:04 AM »
^ tough start homies. It happens when you get geeked up with all dem ceremonies but at least y'all knocked out two Habs lol.  I was wondering why Mason wasn't in net but I am diggin your rookie - he making shit happen!

HOLYSHIT Oilers future looking bright already

NUUUUGGGE (prnounced like MUGGGGE)

the goal was SO SICK only cuz Taylor Hall did a between the legs pass. FUCK!!

Gotta love Smyttie (No HOMO) just doing it old school hahahahahahaha the fuck is he supposed to do?

Amazing what a few good centreman can do for your PK

Offline natme

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1797 on: October 14, 2011, 01:13:28 AM »
I'm hoping I'll be singing this a lot tonight.

GO BLACKHAWKS!!!!

It's too bad that some of my favorite players from the Stanley Cup team got traded to Winnipeg (Atlanta), and I'll be rooting against them.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #1798 on: October 14, 2011, 01:47:21 AM »
^
It's just as awkward for us Jets fans, since Johnathan Toews (aka the Blackhawks' captain) is a born-and-bred Winnipegger.
:yep:

Offline natme

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1799 on: October 14, 2011, 01:56:55 AM »
^
It's just as awkward for us Jets fans, since Johnathan Toews (aka the Blackhawks' captain) is a born-and-bred Winnipegger.
:yep:

I guess this game won't be enjoyable for anyone then.

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Naht - D.I.S.