JPHiP Radio (27/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Bugy Craxone - Orange No Mikatz

Author Topic: (Artist) Lee Jung Hyun (이정현)  (Read 11869 times)

Offline Danyu

• B e r r y z
(Artist) Lee Jung Hyun (이정현)
« on: August 14, 2006, 02:37:10 AM »
I did a search and found nothing, but if there IS a thread, just close this one, my bad.  And I didn't know where to place this, her being Korean, I'm guessing this is better than the General?

Anyway, any Lee Jung Hyun fans here?  Gotta love "Ba Kkwo", but has anyone heard "Dala Dala"?  Love it.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 10:34:53 AM by daigong »

Offline donkeykong83

• ecchi
  • Member+
[Kor] Lee Jung Hyun
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2006, 05:37:48 AM »
Hells yeah I love her! First saw her when she performed in POp Jam. Love her techo-ish stuffs. Its a pity most of her japanese songs are covers of her korean songs. Haven't heard from her for some time though.

Offline aedon

• Member+
[Kor] Lee Jung Hyun
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2006, 08:20:49 AM »
Bah I should've started a thread for LJH earlier :evil: Just thought J-Music wouldn't be 100% appropriate as she's Korean after all and she never really succeeded in Japan...

Well, LJH is _still_ alive, and her 6th album is supposed to be released in September now but it was pushed back like a gazillion times since April so maybe we won't ever see it at all -_- It's unconfirmed, but apparently the album won't be her usual techno style but instead there'll be medium-tempo tracks and hip-hop beats... Yuck! Please, don't abandon techno Hyony ;_;

The first track from the new album is supposed to be "Eoh Ddeoh Kae" (How?) and it's used in Korean drama "Trees of Heaven". The drama has ended already but NHK is still airing it in Japan, so I guess the song is used only in Japanese dubbed version or something :o

Links:
official site http://www.yedang.co.kr/leejunghyun/
English forum http://www.htj.ej.am/forums

Hyony :heart:

絶 望 も 希 望 も な い 空 の よ う に 透 き 通 っ て い た い

Offline xkwanwahx

[Kor] Lee Jung Hyun
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2006, 05:47:35 AM »
I will always remember her as the hardcore techno queen...ahahahaha...those were the days...

Offline TwYsTeD

[Kor] Lee Jung Hyun
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2006, 04:41:23 PM »
Ljh is one of my faves i have all her albums i love  her earlier videos ....

Offline aedon

• Member+
[Kor] Lee Jung Hyun
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2006, 03:26:55 PM »
You can download Hyony's new album Vol.6 Fantastic Girl @ Jpopsuki. Prepair yourself, because it's very different from her previous works, but I like it much more than Vol.5 Passion.

Offline bloo_pie

• White & Nerdy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Soonk ラブ
Re: [Kor] Lee Jung Hyun
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2007, 05:50:12 PM »
*major bumpage*
why does it seem like most people like her only when she's singing techno? ??? don't get me wrong, i like her techno tunes as much as the next person... but one of the things i love most about her is how well she adapts to so many different genres of music. in her second album alone, she goes from mellow pop, to r&b, to just plain screaming her head off. her voice is so versatile, and it would be cruel to make that sort of talent stick to only one style of music.

thanks for the icons, Rina. :heart:
((Graphics Thread))

Offline aedon

• Member+
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2007, 05:06:53 AM »
*major bumpage*
why does it seem like most people like her only when she's singing techno? ??? don't get me wrong, i like her techno tunes as much as the next person... but one of the things i love most about her is how well she adapts to so many different genres of music. in her second album alone, she goes from mellow pop, to r&b, to just plain screaming her head off. her voice is so versatile, and it would be cruel to make that sort of talent stick to only one style of music.

Everyone and their mom is singing r'n'b now, it's not that Lee Jung Hyun can't pull it off, she's just lost in the crowd of other hip-hop wannabes imho. Her techno style was distinctive, but I guess it's out of fashion now...

Maybe people don't like her being a little chubby either >_>;

But she's so cuuuuute *pinches Hyony's cheeks*

Offline bloo_pie

• White & Nerdy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Soonk ラブ
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2007, 12:09:44 PM »
haha you have a point there. but i don't think her techno style is completely dead yet, in Passion and Fanastic Girl, you can still hear somewhat of a techno influence. and she always performs her classics like Ba Kkwo and Wa. maybe we'll get another Let's Go To My Star-type album in the future? :D

yeah, i've heard people complaining that she's too fat. ... uhh? that is NOT fat at all. XD i like the chubbiness too. she used to be sooo skinny; in the I <3 Natural booklet, she basically has sticks for legs. now they're nice and shapely.

;D

((Graphics Thread))

Offline aedon

• Member+
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2007, 02:23:27 PM »
Old news but heck, I found this K-pop blog today :-[

Lee Jung Hyun will sing at the 2008 Olympics
Singer Lee Jung Hyun will sing the official theme song for the 2008 Olympics in China next year and she was the only Korean singer selected to sing at this significant event.
http://popseoul.com/2007/02/12/lee-jung-hyun-representing-korea-at-the-2008-olympics/

Offline bloo_pie

• White & Nerdy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Soonk ラブ
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2007, 12:58:44 AM »
woo, go Hyunnie!  :bingo:

((Graphics Thread))

Offline vicmu

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2007, 06:07:34 AM »
Her This is Hyony album (while technically a japanese album) is amazing.
i had it on repeat in my car's cd player for a month.

(and then i got sick of it and had to change the cd, but while it lasted, it was great)

Offline Mikitan

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 秋元才加・藤本美貴・後藤真希
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2007, 01:38:23 PM »
ooh! I love Lee Jung Hyun^^ one of the few korean singers I listen to xDD she's awesome  :heart:

Offline aedon

• Member+
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2008, 09:52:56 AM »
Lee Jung Hyun's new song Love Me (in Chinese)

[youtube=425,350]a9mIJAvUA1A[/youtube]

Yep, she's still alive, and apparently is going to release her first Chinese album this year :) I couldn't find much info about it yet, except that it was postponed a few times (Fantastic Girl anyone). I've also read that she won't make music in Korea anymore, only acting. Good luck in China, Hyony!

Offline wakaba_doll

• kakkoi☆
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • forever...
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2008, 02:14:07 AM »
^ FABULOUS  :wub:

I'll definitely be looking out for her Chinese album! It's a shame she won't be doing any more music in Korea, but as long as she's still active in other scenes, go JangGu!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2008, 07:10:27 PM by wakaba_doll »

Offline aedon

• Member+
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2008, 08:34:23 AM »
Lee Jung Hyun is now starring in an epic historical drama Dae Wang Sejong :w00t:

[youtube=425,350]tCeVFSMw_Eo[/youtube]

Hyony in hanbok :inlove:

Offline wakaba_doll

• kakkoi☆
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • forever...
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2008, 02:22:12 AM »
Any news on the progress of the Chinese album? I've tried searching, but nothing so far...

Offline aedon

• Member+
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2008, 08:49:39 AM »
Looks like the Chinese album is getting delayed. The reasons aren't clear, I think there was even a rumor about Hyony getting married... and there's also this:

Lee Jung Hyun "Love Me" vs Rainie Yang "u r bad guy"
[youtube=425,350]1NYFDMIiPD4[/youtube]
Seems like Yang's song came out earlier :(

Offline Owaranai_sLaVe

• Right now it's... KKANGPAE SHIDAE!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Does Don Jess have to slap a bitch?
Re: [KOR] Lee Jung Hyun
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2008, 05:48:39 AM »
Skip to 4:10

Love Xman! She did a parody of her own two songs and made it sorta into a drama. There used to be subs to this, but Coolsmurf got deleted. Anyway, it was a competition and she won :D

SEriously, this girl made Korean techno so cool <3 and she's so pretty! I can't wait for her 09 Korean comeback!

-O_sLaVe
Edit:
Subbed version of the second video. start at 2:05

« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 06:50:21 AM by Owaranai_sLaVe »
>>LIFE ~is just another story~2008/12/26<<
Please Spread The Love; Pervy Thinkers Association

Offline Wonderboy

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ☆彡
Re: [KOR] Lee Jung Hyun
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2008, 07:06:22 PM »