JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Do As Infinity - Would you marry me

Author Topic: The UFZS/Up Up Girls (temporary) Thread (アップアップガールズ(仮))  (Read 100779 times)

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
Re: [News] UFZS - New Original K-Pop Dance Cover Unit debuting on 3/31
« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2011, 06:24:42 AM »

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2011, 09:08:27 AM »
Just a heads-up, they're going to be live on nico nico in about TWO HOURS!

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv60480535
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline Slack

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2011, 11:03:52 AM »
Good show!

Setlist:
1. Bokura no Kagayaki (C-ute)
2. I KNOW (Matsuura Aya)
3. MC - Lyrics quiz
4. KAPPORE Ee Janai Ka (Canary Club)
5. Kimagure Princess (Morning Musume)
6. Shortcut (S/mileage)
7. MC
8. Onegai Miwaku no Target (Melon Kinenbi)
9. SHINES (C-ute)
Encore
10. Dekkai Uchuu ni Ai ga Aru

When they started singing that Canary Club song, it was like "wtf????"
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 12:17:24 PM by Slack »
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2011, 11:27:25 AM »

Been a while... worth the wait tho.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2011, 11:33:09 AM »
FUCK YESSSSSS IT'S SO AWESOME

THEY EVEN SING BETTER THAN I EXPECTED. EXCEPT SENGOKU'S RAP IS TOO SOFT AND NICE AND KONATSU FAEL THAT HIGH NOTE. BUT YEAH
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline writerserenyty

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • L(^▽^) Gucha~~
« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2011, 01:02:45 AM »
I love this so so much!!!! So great!!

I'm especially proud of Sekkii, because she sounds so fantastic in her solos!  :wub: :wub:

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2011, 08:07:04 AM »

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2011, 11:08:28 AM »

Scans from a mag called K★Star Lovers, vol 2, with dance moves and makeup tips. Might be just the pages with Azusa.

Reckon this is the mag: http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B005I5FJNA/

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
« Reply #48 on: October 06, 2011, 12:04:38 PM »

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #49 on: October 06, 2011, 01:20:46 PM »
 :heart: !
They may not have made it further in the competition, but for J-idols they are pretty damn good. Why can't they debut as a proper group?? I don't understand. They're cute, they have talent, this Kpop choreography learning has made their moves sharper etc. I wish they were H!P and not... idk. Low budget floaters D:

The biggest problem is that for Kpop, they still sing too "nice". Sengoku's rapping sounded like she was talking to puppies. Like when she's supposed to fiercely go "COME ON! >:|" she goes like "come on~~ ^____^" But THIS WOULDN'T BE A PROBLEM IF THEY DEBUTED AS A J-IDOL GROUP and didn't do this Kpop cover thing.

LOL

I'm a little bummed yeah. I see all this greatness and it earns them nothing. Wut.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
Moved this from the news section to make it their official thread ^^

I'd just like to remind that there are more random videos at their niconico:
http://ch.nicovideo.jp/channel/up_front_girls

With the videos of Konatsu and Ayanon practicing dances... Konachan's butt looks great in those pants, let me say :lol:

Offline Slack

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...

Offline Slack

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
Wow, that's some exciting news!

Even though they didn't win the K3 Japan audition, they're going to be learning Korean and trying to make it there anyway!
Two original songs, huh?

No wonder Akari thought at first it might've been a prank!

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
FUUUUCKKING AAAWEEEESOOOOOMMMEEEE

That's what I want!! New stuff to see and hear!! Zomg!!

I don't exactly see them competing with SNSD :lol: :lol: :lol: But just a little exposure would be great!

Offline Slack

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
Unfortunately, I think Maana's teeth and Sekii's nose might be enough to hold them back in the Korean market.

Not knowing much about Kpop myself, can anyone else shed any light onto what the Korean market might accept or not accept?

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
Based on the kpop girl groups I've seen... Lookswise... There is only one very popular group with "ugly" members (as in, non-cut eyes) and that is 2ne1. And they often have a very edgy or colourful styling to make up for it. But even they have perfect teeth. Everyone has perfect teeth.

Then again, it might not matter that our Japanese ladies are imperfect if they are advertised as a Japanese group and the target audience understands that they come from a different culture (where wonky teeth are cute and perfectly acceptable etc). Since Morning Musume etc. have some fanbase in Korea as well, they can't all have been completely brainwashed by manufactured perfection :lol:

I hope that the Egg training of the girls will be mentioned when they try to make it. Korea has a lot of respect for girls who train for years before debut. It's always such a big deal "this and that person trained for SEVEN YEARS before debuting!" For 1st gen Eggs, it has been 7 years... Of course, Korean training machinery is very different from Eggs, since they are training for an American type pop career with the power house singing and sexy choreographies. But still, it'd be worth a mention.

IDK I think the girls will still have to work very hard to reach the kind of level that would gain attention in Korea, but with good songs and image they might do relatively alright. I'm not sure how serious their management really is about this. They'd really have to give the girls more budget if they want them to have a chance. Then again, production costs might be cheaper in Korea, I dunno??

I really don't like that autotuned track they want the girls to cover, but Korea seems to love autotune so who knows. The 2nd track sounded better.

I'm super curious about what their original tracks would sound like. Would they actually go for a Kpop sound, or would it be J-idol pop sung in Korean :?

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...

Offline Slack

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
DAMN... AYANON.... :wub: LOVIN HER STYLING HERE... DREAMY!! :heart:

I like the Hot Issue choreography more tho, this felt more all over the place lol

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Do As Infinity - Would you marry me