JPHiP Radio (11/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Boris - 1970

Author Topic: Bayonetta  (Read 62731 times)

Offline arun.yothin

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Bayonetta
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2010, 11:33:25 PM »
WOOOOOOO! Just bought mine today and lovin' it. I haven't played the demo in a little while so I forgot a few of my favorite combos to do. I can't get enough of her voice.

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2010, 11:44:25 PM »
I do hope it does well. Valkyria Chronicles had disappointing sales - I'd hate to see Sega resign itself to just pumping out more crappy Sonic knock-offs.
Hey! I love Valkyria Chronicles..they're making a sequel this year :thumbsup

I LOVE Bayonetta!! Can't stop playing it right now :)

Offline arun.yothin

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2010, 03:00:58 AM »
Ran into one RE reference and a Viewtiful Joe reference today. I meant to play for just a about 20 mins before The Office came on but ended up playing for about an hour and a half. There's never really a good place to quit playing since there's always so much ass to be kicked.

Edit: Just got another reference. [bgcolor=#ffffff]Capcom ladies: Claire, Trish, and Sylvia.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 06:57:13 AM by arun.yothin »

Offline orac

• SNSD Jessica for life
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2010, 01:38:52 PM »
Finished my 1st play through of bayonetta on normal difficulty yesterday.  Seemed quite difficult actually, lol.  Going through on easy now for some halos to buy some of rodin's stuff.

Offline Yuna

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2010, 06:11:39 PM »
Man I love this game. But sadly I'm not playing it regularly, for two reasons:
. it's hotter than hell here in my city, over 40 ºC most days, so it takes my mood away, especially when I'm scared of my friend's xbox dying on me.
. I also bought FFXIII, and since I'm not only an RPG fan but even more an FF fan it definitively is a hard competition.

But regardless, this game is a blast to play, it already made me forget about all the other of its genre coming: GoW3, Dante's Inferno, and the one that were released. Only after playing the demo of Bayonetta made me not want to buy anyomore Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2.

Even though I have a ps3 I'd recommend anyone to play it on the Xbox 360. I wouldn't be able to play on it if it weren't for a great friend of mine who was kind enough to lend me his console. (It had a x360 but it broke 3 times, so anyone can understand how scared I am of simply turning it on).
But after seeing and playing the two versions, I'd say go with the 360 one, way smoother, visuals are clearer but most importantly the loading which is non-existent.

And like arun.yothin said, I just can't get enough of her voice, it's so sexy and charming. Rodin is pretty funny too, everytime I enter at hell's gate and he says something I star laughing!

It's already January and this one may be one strong contender for game of the year!

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2010, 07:29:41 PM »
It sure lifts the bar higher for action games.

Who needs wall-crawling, when you can magically strut on walls with high heels. :roll:

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2010, 11:28:00 PM »
played a little more just now...I LOVE the bike stage..sticking out her middle finger to start the bike..

WICKED FRICKIN YES!!! anybody who got this far will know what I'm talking about :)

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2010, 09:40:00 PM »
Oh man I love this game! I've fought angels on a clock tower as it's hurtling down a cliff, summoned a dragon made of hair to eat a large enemy and fought a two headed dragon in the sky as it ripped a temple off it's foundations. And it's only at Chapter 3! :o Bayonetta's a great character, that moment when she kicked a rock into the dragon's face as it was apologising to her, just because she wouldn't accept it, was complete badass. I just grin from ear to ear when playing it.

I'm noticing references all the time. The halos being the most obvious, but then I hear Magic Sound Shower in one cutscene, and Rodin telling Bayonetta he's not willing to put a chainsaw on her arm (Madworld). And there will probably be more to come which I'll totally miss. Also I didn't realise that the weapons you get after collecting the Hymn disks were just given to you, I thought you had to buy them, which means there's so many combat possibilities already and I'm still flexing out the options with Scarborough Fair!

I can't get enough of her voice.

It's pretty sweet. "Bust a cap in yo ass" XD Also, managed to get a Platinum trophy in the prologue (don't ask me how) and genuinely laughed out loud when she said "I should have been a pole dancer!" :lol:

Offline Mucca

• Go! Amazon Goddess!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2010, 03:50:57 AM »
For sheer ridiculousness, nothing beats the endgame (spoiler): you kick God's ass, then hurtle the pieces of its body into the sun; and you get to CONTROL the flight path of God's body through the solar system as you do so.

I haven't played this much lately (so many other games right now, and besides, I've already beaten the game three or four times), but it's so much damn fun. Like, it's so much sheer fun that my brain doesn't even process the fanservice (like the alternate costumes, or any of that stuff). Right now it and Mass Effect 2 are my candidates for Game of the Year, though I'm still waiting on Final Fantasy XIII.

As for Rodin, I think my favorite line of his is when he says, "Yo, check this out: 'Whaddaya buyin'?' Hah! I heard that in a game once!"

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2010, 02:15:25 PM »
Oh man, I just completed chapter 4, the boss battle with Fortitudo, and it was sick! Bayonetta running her mouth and when she lets her hair down, she means business! Tossing that dragon around like it was nothing! I wondered why whenever I dodged a few of his attacks at his final stage that it wasn't going into Witch Time when I noticed, the whole fight at that point is in Witch Time. Badass, that was a great boss fight.

Gotta learn to be patient though, I keep getting my combo broken and I get frustrated when it happens, even though I'm fighting new enemies and trying out new weapons and moves all the time. Maybe it' cause I spent a lot of time with DMC4. Shouldn't let it get to me now, I can try aiming for Platinum medals later.

Right now my preferred weapon set is Scarborough Fair for Set A and the sword with the shotgun boots for Set B. I tried the whip but it keeps getting blocked from these new monsters I'm fighting.

Offline Yuna

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2010, 03:16:04 AM »
I got today in chapter XIV, only two more to go. I gotta say I LOVE this game! These last boss battles, and stages were simply fantastic!
since Uncharted 2 and Bayonetta I didn't have that much fun, and "sensation of AWE" in such a long time. If I were to point, I'd say Shadow of the Colossus.

This game is one that's worth every minute of my time. I'm already checking some guides on how to replay the game making lots of Halos.
Something about 500+ to 5millions in 10 minutes, of course, depending on your equip and all.

If you don't know there's this one super easy, right in chapter 1

Offline Mucca

• Go! Amazon Goddess!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2010, 03:40:07 AM »
Right now my preferred weapon set is Scarborough Fair for Set A and the sword with the shotgun boots for Set B. I tried the whip but it keeps getting blocked from these new monsters I'm fighting.

My favorite set is the sword with Odette. I've seen numerous people swear by the Sgt. Kilgore combo, but that's a bit too slow for me.

One thing I love about the game is its replayability. I had more fun going through and unlocking crap, and then using that stuff to go through the game over and over again. And I haven't even cheated to get some of the higher-end weapons and accessories!

Offline Yuna

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2010, 09:41:06 PM »
I know what you mean! I'm at the last stage, and yet can't control myself to start replaying it.
Comparing this game to Devil May Cry 4 makes DMC4 feels like slow motion.

It just made me lose interest in God of War 3, just for how great the fighting and controls are.

Sad thing, the infamous "convert to ps3 problem" may have made an impact on the game sales. While they are not bad, it's nowhere near as DMC4 and this game is many times better.
If Sega would've just waited and released it a month later, with the ps3 problems fixed (like the patch did now), it wouldn't have had this reputation, that I believe not only hurt PS3 but 360 sales as well.

While I'm playing both versions, one original and the other pirated, and the differences are noticeable, you can have a blast with either one.
I do hope Sega releases a "Special" version by the end of the year, more level, and better porting should help this gem to sell more, because I want so badly a sequel to it !

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #53 on: March 04, 2010, 10:19:21 PM »
While I'm playing both versions, one original and the other pirated,

You filthy pirate!! :P

I'm a massive fan of DMC4, it's one of the only 2 games I've got full Gamerscore for, but even I'll say that Bayonetta, at 5 Chapters in, is crazier than the whole of DMC4. I mean, she just had that boss battle with Jeanne in the rain, and she can now transform into a panther.....dude...what?

Also, I really struggled on that Chapter! I've never died so much, those Grace and Glory enemy types are an absolute pain, especially the one who screams and stuns you. I really must learn to take the time, lay back on the combo thrashing for a while, and dodge at the right time before wailing on them. I came across my first Alfheim portal in that Chapter too (which I'm sure I've missed others in earlier chapters), it's where you have a limited number of punches and kicks. Couldn't do it. I think I'll have the sword equipped next time and charge it up when I activate Witch Time.

Offline Mucca

• Go! Amazon Goddess!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #54 on: March 04, 2010, 10:35:29 PM »
Also, I really struggled on that Chapter! I've never died so much, those Grace and Glory enemy types are an absolute pain, especially the one who screams and stuns you.

Get used to hating them...especially if you play on the harder difficulties! Those are one of the few enemies I'll equip Lt. Kilgore (messed up the rank in my last post); I'll just jump up and launch projectiles at those fuckers.

I came across my first Alfheim portal in that Chapter too (which I'm sure I've missed others in earlier chapters), it's where you have a limited number of punches and kicks. Couldn't do it. I think I'll have the sword equipped next time and charge it up when I activate Witch Time.

I started to use a guide to find some of the Alfheim portals because I couldn't for the life of me figure out where many of them were -- I never thought to backtrack! I think I've completed just over half of them now. (And yeah, I think your proposed strategy is what I used for that particular Alfheim; Witch Time + charged sword attack.)

The most recent Alfheim I tried was one where you had to do 5 successful torture attacks, and there are three or four rounds of enemies. One time I was, literally, one hit from succeeding, when the enemy got a cheap shot in on me and I died. I was sooo pissed. But I can't stay mad at this game forever; I'm sure I'll go back to it once I'm done with my current backlog of games.

Offline arun.yothin

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #55 on: March 04, 2010, 11:35:49 PM »
lol I love and hate the Alfheim portals. I love having the conditions to mix things up, but I hate how playing them can really mess up your time for the level. I spent about an hour trying to do one where you could only use Wicked Weave attacks.

While I was playing, I was already looking forward to playing again to go back and buy everything else. I bought two costumes (I actually bought all the others, but never actually saved it and accidentally wrote over my last checkpoint so I lost my costumes and about 5 levels i beat on Hard) and a few accessories, but I've lost most of the interest in buying everything. I'm still playing just to play though. I was playing on Hard at first, but I've been playing some of the levels on Normal to get better scores since I understand the game more.

Offline Yuna

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #56 on: March 05, 2010, 12:56:51 AM »
You filthy pirate!! :P

I'm a massive fan of DMC4, it's one of the only 2 games I've got full Gamerscore for, but even I'll say that Bayonetta, at 5 Chapters in, is crazier than the whole of DMC4. I mean, she just had that boss battle with Jeanne in the rain, and she can now transform into a panther.....dude...what?

Come on, you can't blame me ?  :P Since I got one version original I though, well, I'll just play the better version for free  :D

But about DMC4. It's not that I didn't like but after playing DMC3, which is so damn good, I felt like DMC4 was a step down.
The controls in DMC4 are better, much more fluid and all, but the game itself is so repetitive. I think I only didn't beat it because the game kept giving some weird errors on my PC, if I took too long to finish some stages the game would start giving many bugs and than freeze not just the game, but the PC itself.

In my old 360 I ended up not playing it. Then when I bought my ps3 I borrowed from a friend, and downloaded a save to go to the stage I had stopped but it wasn't the same anymore.

But this is the Bayonetta thread, not DMC, back to Bayonetta, I've just beaten it!
This game just got in my book of all time favorites. The final boss battle, OMG it's incredible!!!! The characters are so fun, I really hope Sega makes a sequel, together with Kamiya.

Offline Mucca

• Go! Amazon Goddess!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #57 on: March 05, 2010, 01:14:41 AM »
I comfess that I've never played any of the Devil My Cry games. And even after enjoying the heck out of Bayonetta, I'm not sure I need to.

But this is the Bayonetta thread, not DMC, back to Bayonetta, I've just beaten it!
This game just got in my book of all time favorites. The final boss battle, OMG it's incredible!!!! The characters are so fun, I really hope Sega makes a sequel, together with Kamiya.

Isn't it, though? I mean, it's a fairly old trope (fighting God), but it's so well-done, and just a great fight -- very epic. Plus I got a kick out of the fact that after you beat the game you still aren't done, because there are the bonus fights during the credits sequence itself! I also thought it was kind of neat that the credits started rolling -- and then stopped so you could get rid of Jubileus once and for all.

(Obvious warning: spoilers about the endgame are above.)

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #58 on: March 11, 2010, 12:29:27 AM »
Just saw the ending too! :twothumbs

Don't know if you guys did this, but I kept reading the Angel's book everytime a new one was updated.
It was really interesting how the angels sounded like such good guys, while your summoned bunch are described like monsters from hell... oh, wait! :P

Some of my fave moments of the game was:
1. Of course the boss fights! I said before I didn't like the trend of quicktime events in recent games. But Bayonetta really found a great balance of epic scene/timing/and control, making some pretty memorable stuff!
Well, I still died 2-3 times over in most of those cheap '2 button press or Game Over' spots. :angry: but it's 97% FANTASTIC!!

2. When finishing off Golem, the Summoned arms started playing volleyball.. and failed. Totally unexpected! :lol:

Hee's their developer blog, it might be an interesting read:
http://platinumgames.com/games/bayonetta/

Like this snippet, which I thought was pretty funny~ :nervous
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kamiya-san(Director): Hey Kudo, when Bayonetta gets damaged…
Kudo (Effects Designer): Yeah.
Kamiya-san: …We should do something special with that.
Kudo: Yeah, we should.
Kamiya-san: Maybe something like Okami’s hit effects, where flower petals flew off.
Kudo: Yep! That’s a great idea. So Bayonetta would use…
Kamiya-san: A rose, of course.
Kudo: OK. But it’s damage, right? So isn’t there supposed to be blood?
Kamiya-san: If it isn’t pretty, then it isn’t Bayonetta!! Even the blood that flows out of her body can be turned into a rose with magic!!
Kudo: Whoa!!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 04:59:52 AM by winner »

Offline sh15uya

• °(è_é)°
  • Member+
« Reply #59 on: March 11, 2010, 10:10:22 AM »
Finally I've finished it, was in a hurry because of FFXIII

I didn't really enjoyed the timed button press sequences during video scene  :sweatdrop:
I'll play few more time for sure; I want a full platinum in very easy mode xD

be careful with spoilers, your post is shown clearly on a dark jph!p theme  :panic:

and the dance scene at the end ... lol

JPHiP Radio (11/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Boris - 1970