JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Amano Tsukiko - Koe

Author Topic: Martin Scorsese's Shutter Island (2010)  (Read 2728 times)

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
Martin Scorsese's Shutter Island (2010)
« on: August 04, 2009, 09:42:53 PM »

Shutter Island is an upcoming American horror/thriller film directed by Martin Scorsese and starring Leonardo DiCaprio. The film is based on the 2003 novel of the same name by Dennis Lehane. Production started in March 2008; Shutter Island is slated to be released on October 2, 2009.

Shutter Island Trailer 1 HD - Martin Scorsese
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 12:30:24 AM by Masa »

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
Re: Martin Scorsese's Shutter Island (2010)
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2009, 12:31:06 AM »
Paramount Bumps Scorsese's Shutter Island to February 2010!

Whoa, I did not see this coming! Nikki Finke is reporting that Paramount has bumped Martin Scorsese's Shutter Island from its original October 2nd release all the way to February of 2010 next year! The reason? Money, of course. "I hear that Paramount told the filmmakers it doesn't have the financing in 2009 to spend the $50M to $60M necessary to market a big awards pic like this." And yet somehow they think that they'll get Oscar consideration in February? "That's when Silence Of The Lambs came out back in 1991 and it won the Oscar." I just can't believe they think it'll do well in February, but I guess we'll find out.

Unlike Warner Brothers' decision to shift Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince from November to July this year, this is pretty much an assurance that it's being dumped during in one of the worst slots of the year. Sure, Taken did well earlier this year (off of a January release), but a Martin Scorsese drama/thriller? No way! Plus, does anyone really think it can get an Oscar nom in February? "Now that the Academy has Best Picture to 10 films," an insider tells Finke, "it will be easier for a movie that came out in the beginning of the year to get nominated for Best Picture." That's wishful thinking and I bet it really won't make a difference.

Either this is an early warning sign that Shutter Island is really not that great and is being dumped to cover that up quickly and quietly (a lot like Paramount's decision to move The Soloist to April, since that movie was awful). Or just a sign that Paramount is out of their minds and somehow thinks that they can get more out of it running it in February. Either way, this is a very shocking decision. The official trailer has been playing since June. We currently have some calls out to sources to get official confirmation, so stay tuned!
http://www.firstshowing.net/2009/08/21/paramount-bumps-scorseses-shutter-island-to-february-2010/

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
Re: Martin Scorsese's Shutter Island (2010)
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2009, 09:08:23 AM »
The trailer looks promising to me, I want to see this! Hehe I like asylum stuff. And Leo is always great.
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Amano Tsukiko - Koe