JPHiP Radio (11/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Malice Mizer - Beast of Blood

Author Topic: (Group) Hello Venus  (Read 35327 times)

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
Re: (Group) Hello Venus
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2012, 05:07:17 PM »

Ahhh this is really cute stuff. Could watch these girls all day (tho I don't like what they did with Alice's hair). All is forgiven!

The album on soundcloud:

Venus by fiddl
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 05:26:56 PM by Stryfe »

Offline Flyp

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 12th gen supporter
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2012, 06:34:43 PM »
Loving it, both the song and the MV!  After the 4th time watching it, I've concluded that my favorite is definitely Yoo Ara.  She's so pretty and cute~  Hello Venus is on my watch-list now.

Favorite parts:  Nara giving her invitation to the guy in the car, so cute.  And Yooyoung dancing with that guy by the bench.

This song's gonna be in my head all day now.

Offline Kid_Alpha

• Jerk Kouhai
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • (」゜ロ゜)」
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2012, 07:49:18 PM »
Wow, I like all the songs on this album sans Venus, a little too cutesy for my tastes. Love Appeal is my favorite track, I hope they perform it live or at least on a radio broadcast.

Also, Yooara is really cute~ :heart:

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2012, 02:11:28 AM »

http://music.bugs.co.kr/holic/interview/8054

More Hello Venus goodness from an article at Bugs. Wish they'd always have Alice's hair like this... :3

Pics from the Bugs interview and the official site (which is all pimped out now). Individual shots:

Yooara

Alice

Nara

Yoonjo

Lime

Yooyoung

*_*

Offline Flyp

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 12th gen supporter
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2012, 03:48:09 PM »

Hello Venus's debut stage on M!Countdown.  I hope Yoonjo's absence doesn't hurt her in the long run =(

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2012, 04:07:32 PM »
^ Good stuff. Pity that background is a total quality killer in these hd vids...

Legs and tummies. Good times.

Melon interview

Another interview, this time at Melon. Check out the vid at the site, tho it's short and uneventful.

Mnet wide news, with some backstage stuff. Yoonjo watching the others dance, so sad. :_(

Offline Flyp

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 12th gen supporter
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2012, 05:44:26 AM »

Music Bank time!  No awful background display to garble the image quality this time, and they throw in a bit of Hello for Stryfe to boot~

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2012, 04:00:28 PM »
^ "FROM PLEDIS WE THE BADDEST!" Nice. :P

And here's Music Core. The colours, the colours!

« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 04:15:05 PM by Stryfe »

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2012, 03:55:35 PM »
Hurr, there was a perf in Inkigayo but seems like SBS has taken all of the vids in youtube down... bastards.

The girls held their first fanmeet, here's sum video (in sweet, sweet high definition) and a bunch of pics.

Offline storyboard

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2012, 06:20:02 AM »

Just skimming through it, it looks interesting. Hopefully subs can come out soon >.<

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2012, 02:16:21 AM »

Long time no penis greetings! The girls coming back with a digital repackage and a pretty sweet little tune called "Like a Wave". Here's the audio, not sure if there's gonna be an MV for this, probably not if they're performing already...

Yes, performing! Here's dem @ M!Countdown!

Photoshootan! Little clip from the official channel.

Offline storyboard

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2012, 09:30:44 AM »
So I started watching their show Birth of Venus @kpopjunkie.com and this was a clip I enjoyed from ep3 :lol:

Offline storyboard

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2012, 04:29:14 AM »
Weekly idol with eng subs! Yoonjo is missing :(

Ahh, Yooyoung is so adorable...

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2012, 04:35:57 PM »
I've been finally watching the Birth of Venus subbed eps and man I'm really loving these girls more and more. Alice and Lime are especially hilarious.

So, there was this funny pic of a 17 (Korean age) year old Lime in the ep I just watched and I thought, hmm, I wonder what Alice used to looked like...

...and holy shit I found this. It's her! Hahahaa... oh man. :lol:  :heart:

Alice is really my steady fave outta this group (along with Lime)... she's pretty awesome and hilarious, and I really like her unique facial features. And of course I'm weak for the k-blondes in general, haha. Looking at this old stuff as "Ora" from 2010, she didn't look bad at all with dark hair either. Of course her styling during those days is kinda... well, hideous is a word that comes to mind. xD

Anyway, yeah she debuted back in 2010 as Ora for Elso Entertainment but obviously wasn't very successful. So, she moved to Pledis and ta-dah, Alice was born. I'mma look for some ye olde pics and post some later...

Another song, this is probably my fave of the Ora stuff. Right, I forgot to talk about the music, haha... Alice has an interesting voice, she has some pretty nice technique (love her short vibrato), but dunno if it's the material or what... maybe her voice is just not great enough to be a really successful solo artist, at least not in Korea.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 05:30:11 PM by Stryfe »

Offline storyboard

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2012, 12:07:08 AM »
OH wow nice find on Alice's solo stuff Stryfe.

Here's another pic with Alice with dark hair. I'm so used to her being blonde so she looks so weird with brown hair XD.

Also Lime is a blonde now

A fun clip of them playing a game

:lol: Nara with the epic fail. What a newb XD.

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2012, 11:36:39 PM »

Some of those Alice pics from the Ora days. This set, and this pic in particular are rather nice.

--

This set, however... wow, that style. Disaster is an understatement.

Here's another pic with Alice with dark hair. I'm so used to her being blonde so she looks so weird with brown hair XD.
Oh right, I actually posted that on the first page, back in the day when I was still trying to identify these girls. :lol:

Offline storyboard

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2012, 12:45:38 AM »
LOL DOH :doh:! I even checked the first page to make sure if it was posted or not...can't believe I missed it :lol:

Offline storyboard

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2012, 08:33:46 AM »

Always fun/cool to hear idols speak english :). Yooyoung's and Lime's pronunciation were very good!
What surprised me about this interview was that Lime chose a BIG song to rap and said Notorious BIG was one of her fav rappers  :O. I was really expecting her to say some Korean song/rapper for that question.

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2012, 05:24:03 PM »
^ Yeah man I didn't see that Biggie rap coming at all.  :shocked:  What with Lime's personality and all.  :lol:

Alice was a quest on Happy Together, here's her cut. Was trying to watch the full show on tube and she seemed to take a little while to get going in the conversation department, but she's still a rookie after all. Actually trying to find a full clip of this or something because Sexyama is there as well. :yep:

--

We all know Alice is a naughty girl, and this here confirms it some more:

HelloVenus’ Alice Lied about College Acceptance to Become a Singer

Alice from HelloVenus revealed a time when she burned a hole into her parents’ hearts due to her thoughtless decisions.

On October 11’s broadcast of KBS’ Happy Together, rookie singer Alice shared that she lied to her parents about getting accepted into college to become a singer.

For the late night snack shop segment of Happy Together, Alice shared her recipe for Milk Ramen, which she ate during her stay in Seoul before her debut.

“My mom was against my dream of becoming a singer, so I lied to her and said I got into college. Using the tuition money, I moved to Seoul. I stayed hidden for three months” said Alice. “When I started running out of money, I would eat ramen all the time and eventually suffered from malnutrition. So I added milk into my ramen, hoping it would make it better.”

She added that she eventually returned home after no communication for three months. “While I was gone, it was a mess in my family with the police and everything.”

Yoo Jae Suk and Park Mi Sun scolded the singer for her immature actions and told her to apologize to her parents. She apologized to her parents and eventually shed tears.
This scene takes place starting at around 9:00 in the vid above. So naughty! Good thing everything turned out well for her after all, though.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 05:49:26 PM by Stryfe »

Offline Quick8

« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2012, 10:03:43 AM »
Yoonjo and family trying out for the Qualifications of Men choir.

JPHiP Radio (11/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Malice Mizer - Beast of Blood