JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Neon Bunny - LaLaLa

Author Topic: E3 2012  (Read 30949 times)

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: E3 2012
« Reply #140 on: June 05, 2012, 05:36:47 PM »
I watched gameplay of Star Wars : 1313 on top of an interview for the game. And in an embarrasing quote, someone tied to the game said "It's much more mature, see what I mean he's snapping his neck!" This industry can still be cringeworthily immature at times. Also, thinking about it all, does anyone get the sense that this E3 is particularly violent? A lot of the big games feature some kind of decapitation or up close kills. Someone sai it on my twitter feed best, 'Throat stabs are the new headshots'. It's not that I'm particularly worried it'll turn us all into blood thirsty killers, I just find it a weird juxtaposition that the criterea for a character being likeable still hinges on how utterly ruthless they are.

Offline TeriyakiBoi

• Member+
  • Fantasy Football Champion (3 in 5 years)
« Reply #141 on: June 05, 2012, 06:12:38 PM »
All I can remember from what I watched on G4 yesterday was the demo for The Last Of Us.  I haven't heard a demo with that many censors since....erm....ever.  In typical fashion, the Xbox presentation starts off with Halo 4 (oh joy...).  I lost interest in the Halo franchise after 3 (and maybe ODST).  At least Aaron Priceman ("Mr. Caffeine") wasn't there this year.  That's one speaker I don't ever want to see again.
"Chicks dig the long ball" - Greg Maddux

Offline mini*wheat

• @Shell_Maree
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Mini<3sRina
    • shell_maree
    • shell_maree
« Reply #142 on: June 05, 2012, 07:47:21 PM »
Man, Nintendo's conference was a little lackluster. I'm pretty excited about Pikmin 3 and Scribblenauts, but those games don't really carry a console. New Super Mario Bros. looks really fun and smooth, and of course there's new features, but it's also not quite anything we haven't seen before. Hopefully the 3DS conference brings some more umph.

IDK I just figured with the launch of a new console, there'd be a little more? Even just a tease.

:::Twitter
::Rest in Peace, Jabs. You'll be forever missed. <3::

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #143 on: June 05, 2012, 08:20:52 PM »
It was, sad to say, a lackluster show from Nintendo. All they had to say was "Mario HD, Zelda HD, Metroid HD. Peace bitches" and everyone would be happy. But instead we had 15 mins of the show and closing the conference out to Nintendoland, which looks the equivalent of WiiPlay or Wii Sports. It started promisingly with Pikmin 3, but then the details of the 3rd party stuff came out and it was just gimmicky features added to games that have already been out months before. The tech itself looks cool, I just wish they had shown off some proper games for it. Having said that, I do like new Paper Mario and seeing Heihachi grow massive after eating a super mushroom in Tekken Tag Tournament 2 was pretty funny :lol:

A game like P-100 which they've just shown now after the show. It's a strategy game helmed by Hideki Kamiya (Bayonetta, Devil May Cry). It's colorful, the art style is reminiscent of Viewtiful Joe, and the game itself looks like Pikmin but with an action focus. It looks cool, which makes me wonder why they didn't show it rather than Just Dance 4 or Nintendoland for the 3rd time...

This is funny :lol:

« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 08:26:38 PM by Tuffty »

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #144 on: June 05, 2012, 08:36:00 PM »

Why play it simple on Ps360, when I can have super complicated controls on WiiU?

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #145 on: June 07, 2012, 09:32:51 PM »
^ lol wii-u  :rofl:

crysis 3 omfg, looking forward to the shooters, nothing else seemed to catch my interest  :sweatdrop:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #146 on: June 07, 2012, 09:53:52 PM »

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #147 on: June 08, 2012, 03:56:29 AM »
Hello there Watch Dogs. Welcome to my 'anticipated games' list.
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline TheBlackCatsLuck

• Reina Lover For Life! =3
« Reply #148 on: June 08, 2012, 05:57:04 AM »
Dead Space 3 looks terrible, it's getting farther and farther away from what people originally liked about it. I'm pretty pumped about Dishonored and Beyond Two Souls I have some high hopes for.

Beyond Two Souls looks amazing, as expected from the makers of Heavy Rain.

For fans of platforming games that make you want to rip out your hair there is Hell yeah

Persona 4 Arena also had a  game play session

For those not happy about the LOTR game, you can always check out the Lego verison

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #149 on: June 08, 2012, 07:05:25 AM »
Watch Dogs sure looks nice. I'm wondering if the style (like how they show all the NPC info) will affect other games in the future.

For the circle of hack commands. maybe when you finish the game, they could add a command for some apprentice-assassins to jump in and break-dance. :P

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #150 on: June 08, 2012, 07:38:52 AM »
Nothing else at E3 has mattered or will matter since this moment

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #151 on: June 08, 2012, 07:46:40 PM »
I'll join the list of people who think Watch Dogs looks awesome :P

Why is there so much talking in Dead Space now... Kind of losing its eerie quality. o-o

I had not heard of Beyond Two Souls. Looks like another game for me to Watch on Youtube. :lol:
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #152 on: June 09, 2012, 07:28:14 PM »

Interestingly, Square Enix revealed a tech demo for their new game engine they are working on. This is a tech demo so the footage below isn't indicative of the plot or setting for a future Final Fantasy game, but this is what in game graphics could look like for a FF game in the next generation of consoles.

The video below is just funny :lol:

Between Microsoft, Sony, EA and Ubisoft's shows on Monday, we counted roughly 78 throatstabs, 63 snapped vertebrae, 57 exploded heads, 27 shattered knee caps, a brace of disembowelings and, courtesy of Far Cry 3, a couple of immolated jungle cats.

Offline Deft-Monkey

• Banana Picker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Just like my basement's anti-escape mechanism
« Reply #153 on: June 10, 2012, 12:48:24 PM »
Watch Dogs looks bad-ass. Definitely intriguing.

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Neon Bunny - LaLaLa