JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Do As Infinity - Fukai mori

Author Topic: Mass Effect  (Read 88854 times)

Offline eglue

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Mass Effect
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2008, 07:59:37 AM »
check this out http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=24623 i guess the lady on fox finally saw someone play the game for awhile and realized she was wrong. funny how she stood so firmly on the news. anyway, the game is cool. schools gettin in the way of me playin it though....

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2008, 10:44:04 AM »
Which makes me think of another game that has explicit adult content. Mario!~

Think about it.
Italian plumber going "Wahooo!" all the time hitting his head at brick roofs!  :banghead:
Making himself "bigger" with "mushrooms" :yep:
Taking out venus flytraps with his... ahem..."fire", then going straight down its pipe. :muffin:
And ending the round with what? Racing up a flag pole just to slide down it, and ending in fireworks! :-*
If that ain't bad for children, what is?! :lol:

Yes. This is a friggin joke. just like her.

Offline Foxy Brown

• Old and cranky
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Super bad!
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2008, 08:56:05 PM »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2009, 09:12:30 PM »
Major bump XD

Was pointed to this great video of Mass Effect 2 taken from Gamescom. Shows exactly what I needed to see, gameplay and a hint of the new story and characters including what looks like a whole new alien species. Other than a video review, this is all I want to see of ME2. The first one was completely new to me, I would like to feel the same way with the sequel. Looking good.

Mass Effect 2

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2009, 11:30:12 PM »
Fuck Yea Mass Effect bump!

I think the same section of the game from E3? It's looking awesome (no horrible texture pop in!) and for the combat it looks like they made the cover system less clunky and added some gore and heavy weapons. :twisted:

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2009, 04:04:12 AM »
You know I am down for no more horrible texture pop in. It was annoying.
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2009, 11:28:34 AM »
I'll tell you what should be fixed for ME2. The inventory system. The Normandy is a big ass ship, you mean to tell me I can't store any spare parts or weapons in there without having to sell them? And item drops are so plentiful in ME that it doesn't take long to max your inventory once again.

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2009, 08:02:09 PM »
They really fixed the conversation angles up nicely. :) And the teammate warnings are a nice touch.
Overall, looks great. Hope the end product is also so good.

One thing I kinda want is some "boss" fights. Maybe not GOW stone god epic fights. But where you need to think a tactic, then fight.
ME1 had some... but overall were kinda generic in this department, and never made you go "WTF!! who the hell makes a giant out of lasers!!"

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2009, 11:20:49 AM »
i finally got mass effect to work on my pc. damn DRM copyrights or w/e. im currently in noveria right now lol. my two squad members are the ashley chick and the quarian chick. im trying to mack on them so i can see the so called alien scenes  :fap :fap :fap

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2009, 04:02:38 PM »
Very favourable preview of Mass Effect 2

The preview is quick to point out that technically, it's a massive improvement over the first game. No texture pop-ins in site. More details in a seperate article here. Overall it's very positive, the only complaint being in squad AI but that's being worked on from now until release.

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2009, 08:21:30 AM »
im wondering which answers i should choose when i talk to ashley? im trying to get her in my pants but ever since Liara got on, shes all bitchy and shit. should i always choose the bottom right to get her horniness up?

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2009, 10:22:24 AM »
I think the best way to do it (literally) is to basically agree with what she says, so be in support of her anomisity towards her parents and her xenophobic views on aliens. Though I still managed to do it just by complementing her whilst disagreeing with her views and try reasoning with her. Take into account that you won't actually get to do it until after a certain point near the end of the game.

I actually led both Ashley and Liara on which led to a rather awkward scene later. :nervous I wanted some Tali action. She's the hottest in the whole group.

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2009, 11:21:11 AM »
lol wtf u cant even see talis face  :lol: i heard shes coming back for the 2nd one maybe she'll finally unmask  :twothumbs

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2009, 12:40:17 PM »
Yeah man, it's the suit, the visor, the fact she could die if she ever got out of her suit due to atmospheric changes. It's hot :P

Good to hear she's coming back, if true. Like I said though, Quarian's can't survive outside of their suits over their immune systems being severly susceptible to disease after living on the Migrant Fleet for so long so the chances of her being unmasked are slim.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 12:47:43 PM by Tuffty »

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2009, 10:43:16 PM »
I actually led both Ashley and Liara on which led to a rather awkward scene later. :nervous I wanted some Tali action. She's the hottest in the whole group.

I was the same way. Played both sides till they call you out on it. But Ashley is bland and kind of a bitch, not worth the effort IMO.

Tali on the other hand is very mysterious. She has the whole wanting something you know you can't get factor and I'm willing to bet she's hot under that mask. :hump:

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2009, 12:28:56 AM »
is this game short if you just do the main missions?

i did noveria and therum already, with feros left. but this opened up to viimire? i heard vimire is like the final main mission?

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2009, 12:59:04 AM »

i did noveria and therum already, with feros left. but this opened up to viimire? i heard vimire is like the final main mission?

Relatively. Doing all the side missions and exploring is what I found fun though.

I went with Liara my first time through, my current character is a complete asshole though, so he naturally gravitates towards Ashley.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2009, 01:02:41 AM »
Tali on the other hand is very mysterious. She has the whole wanting something you know you can't get factor and I'm willing to bet she's hot under that mask. :hump:

It's in the eyes :lol:

I would imagine it's pretty short if you just followed the story. As far as I remember, what happens on Feros is pretty crucial to the story and Virmire is opened up once all 3 planets have been visited. I think. Maybe you can proceed after all, but you'll want to know what happens on Feros to better understand the story. Virmire isn't quite the end, there's a fair amount still left to do. Maybe 10hrs worth, though don't hold me to that.

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2009, 01:06:25 AM »
Yep. Playing time will vary a lot based on the difficult and what style of character you play too. There are also numerous side-missions at each major planet, and it's not always clear which ones are optional (unless you're using a guide or something).

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2009, 01:12:14 AM »
yea its kinda weird for the some side missions, they told me to go to a system that hasnt even opened up yet or something. and also, one of the side mission told me to go to the strenuus system to look for this ship, but when i got there, i cant find any planets that i could land in or found any ship to board on. wtf

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Do As Infinity - Fukai mori