JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: f(x) - Ending Page

Author Topic: The Official Xbox 360 Thread  (Read 29644 times)

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
Re: The Official Xbox 360 Thread
« Reply #120 on: December 08, 2011, 10:26:27 PM »
i added the last.fm app, pretty cool  :thumbup

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #121 on: December 14, 2011, 11:03:32 PM »
My 360's disc tray has been giving me problems. I usually have to pry it open. And because of this, I've removed the face plate for easier access. My 360 looks like a monster!

I've had this problem for over 2 years now, but it has become worse this year. There were two different occasions where I sent the 360 in for repair (but not for the tray problem). I could tell they worked on the tray a bit, but I guess they were never able to resolve the issue.
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline TimeFire

• Mantis
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • The Red Dragon
« Reply #122 on: December 15, 2011, 02:54:26 AM »
My Xbox 360 Red Ringed on me.

I proceeded to punch it, and weirdly enough, it is working now better than before.

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #123 on: December 23, 2011, 11:57:46 AM »
i won a hyundai veloster tshirt for my avatar lol

(it's yellow and says veloster on the front - was one of those xbox live contest things they have every so often)

Offline champloofan

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #124 on: December 30, 2011, 12:18:03 AM »
I hate the red ring of death. Maybe I should also try punching it? :(
be all you can be

Offline RionZ

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #125 on: December 30, 2011, 05:52:13 AM »
Anyone addicted to achievements like I am? It's consuming my life!  I try to go for the majority of the games I own.  Sometimes I buy games just for easy achievements.  It's a sad addiction.

Look at my profile at this site: http://www.trueachievements.com/Airman+Rufio.htm

I'm pretty mediocre compared to the rest of the achievement whore community.

Courtesy of the best, Miichan!

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #126 on: December 30, 2011, 11:10:07 AM »
I like achievements a lot. Not to the point of buying games with easy achievements but I will try to get all the ones I have for games that I own. I used to let it consume me though, like I would try to get them all in a single playthrough but I found that having to constantly check and re-check to see what achievements I could get was more of a detriment to my first experience of the game and I wasn't enjoying it. So any achievements I can get along the way first time round is great, I'll take them, but anything else I'll put off to one side and aim for it after completing the game once. If done right though achievements are great because they expose secrets in the game or encourage different playstyles to what you normally do.

Offline arun.yothin

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #127 on: December 30, 2011, 05:06:39 PM »
I used to try to get achievements, but since I didn't play online I knew I could never get them all if a game had multiplayer. I would really try in single-player games since I actually had a chance. I tried with Bayonetta, L.A. Noire, Bloodrayne, and Shadow Complex, but eventually I lost interest in and just went back to playing the game. Sometimes I check to see what an achievement is when I earn one, but I don't scan the list to see what I need to do. I hate seeing the ones that just require you to complete the game on normal difficulty, or worse, just chapters of the game.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #128 on: December 30, 2011, 05:18:10 PM »
^ I particularly hate ones that have achievements like 'Complete the game on Easy' 'Complete the game on Normal', 'Complete the game on Hard' but even if you beat the game at the highest difficulty, it doesn't register that so you have to play the game on Easy or Normal to get those specific achievements. They should stack so if you beat it on Hard, you get the achievements for beating it on Easy, Normal and Hard IMO.

Offline RionZ

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #129 on: December 30, 2011, 06:33:32 PM »
^Yeah most games nowadays include stackable achievements.  MOST (eff you LOTR: War in the North). 

I totally agree.  I ruined my Alan Wake experience on my first playthrough, going for all the manuscript pages constantly referring to a collectibles guide.  It was very tedious.  At the end of it all, I love the game, but i felt I would've liked it more without the pressure of getting cheevos.

Courtesy of the best, Miichan!

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #130 on: December 30, 2011, 07:11:58 PM »
God Damn 100k!? That's like unimaginable for me. I'm not even sure how many I have tbh. I think I'm well under 10k in the 5 years I've had a 360. :sweatdrop:

I think the only time I remember looking at my achievements trying to get them was way back for the first Mass Effect which was like the third game I got for it.

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #131 on: January 01, 2012, 07:53:45 AM »
Not really going for all achievements (to much of a casual player for that), but I sometimes do look at them because in one instance it turned out I had somehow done one part only on 'easy' so the 'all campains completed on normal or harder' was not awarded, meaning I could not get a different one that required that. The game (Halo Reach) rewards no achievements on easy, it explicitly says that in the intro when you choose it, so no problem with that.
Meant I had to redo one campain and then was rewarded the missing achievements.

I do like to do all main story line achievements, but I am not fanatical about finding all hidden within that.

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #132 on: February 02, 2012, 10:15:58 PM »
downloaded the crackle app (they have quite a bit of anime - i guess they hooked up with animax) and sync'ed up the 'box with my windows media center computer - fuck yeah  :thumbup

JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: f(x) - Ending Page