JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: 80kidz - Getting You Off

Author Topic: The Bioshock Thread  (Read 20682 times)

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: The Bioshock Thread
« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2011, 07:39:11 AM »

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2011, 11:55:56 AM »
I will love watching this on youtube!

But really it does look quite incredible. I loved how fast and crazy the gameplay looked in an earlier clip, too, on those tracks, hopping over etc
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2012, 09:56:14 PM »
The developers just announced a '1999 Mode'. But what is it?

BioShock Infinite’s 1999 Mode will feature an especially demanding gaming experience, forcing you to examine your decisions while going through your adventure in Columbia. With every choice you make, there are irreversible implications, and if your choices guide you down a path not suited to your play style, you will suffer for it.

It’s not simply a matter of adjusting the difficulty sliders in the game – the team went much further than that. Resource planning? If you’re to survive this mode, proper planning will be crucial. Combat specializations? You’ll need to develop them efficiently and effectively throughout the story; any weapon will be useless to you unless you have that specialization. Combat? You will need to carefully target every shot, and your health will be set to an entirely different baseline. Game saves? Well, yes, there will be those, but according to Irrational Games Creative Director Ken Levine “there are game saves, and you’re gonna f***ing need them.”

http://irrationalgames.com/insider/announcing-1999-mode/

Awesome! Sounds like something I will do after playing it once! In fact you could say I'm gonna party like it's 1999! (Sorry, that joke had to be made)

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2012, 07:28:49 PM »
After months off the grid, the marketing is back up with this, with a new trailer.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2012, 03:04:10 PM »
Footage of the game's opening, spoilers obviously.

Much has been said of their choice for the box art in this game and it's 'chin down, eyes up' male protaganist with a gun glaring. So much so, that they are even including reversible box art covers as an appeasement.

Some of the cover art options are cool, I like #4 and #6. However, those options and the fact that there are a lot of gamers saying they're so much better than the one they picked to be the default one, shows exactly why hardcore gamers are not marketers. Had I not known anything about the game, I wouldn't be able to tell you the first thing about the game just by looking at some of those alternative covers. At least from the default cover they've chosen, you know 'oh ok, so a shooter then'

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2013, 07:07:15 AM »
Oh my +_+ I'm always a sucker for those stop and smell the roses dicking around parts.

Elizabeth  :tama-bigheart:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2013, 09:49:23 PM »
Bioshock Infinite is out this week? Seriously? I've been on such a media blackout that I only know about it now! Now I'm excited. :w00t:  I read one review which said it's as important as Ocarina of Time and even went as far as to say it was not only better but infinitely better which is....ridiculous!   :lol:
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 10:03:56 PM by Tuffty »

Offline zoolander

• Member+
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2013, 10:27:13 PM »
Anyone else played Infinite yet?

I just beat it and those last few hours I was about like:

They really outdid themselves with this game in just about every way. Brilliant music and sound design. Slick, exhilarating traversal and combat. Mind twisting and ultimately really touching story. Not to mention an absolutely ASTONISHING beautiful world to see and explore. I think I need to let it sink in before I play again but I want to go through it knowing everything. I think there were a lot of hints I didn't pick up on. lol

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2013, 12:39:23 AM »
Got it yesterday and yeh, the world is great. So much so that I'm just walking slowly through the world taking all the detail in. I've played it for an hour or more and I haven't even got that far into the game because of that reason. The Beach Boys was a great touch. So yeh, so far I'm really enjoying it. I'm actually glad to have avoided any trailers for this because for the first time in a while I have literally no idea what to expect because I've avoided any kind of marketing for this game which all too often lets you see some of the big set piece moments or general gameplay/story beats. I can't wait to play more.

Offline fakkuaccount

• ecchi
« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2013, 12:21:26 AM »
I am currently playing infinite and my god the world is beautiful. everything is so detailed. So far the game play is amazing, its definitely stepped up from bioshock 2. Cant wait to finish it!

Please come have a Visit, tons of zettai ryouiki and thigh high
http://ournobodywasheres.tumblr.com/

Offline nachdenki

• Member+
  • 桃子はひっぱりだこ
« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2013, 11:20:20 PM »
Got this yesterday. Looks beautiful. Is addictive.

At first I didn't expect very much except for the graphics. Thought the complexity would kill the fun for me.

But I got into it quickly once I walked around at this holy place. Turns out the transportation via rails is done easy and comfortable.
The only notably negative point for me so far is the fighting :lol: I like it best when it's all peaceful and shiny looking good, makes me wish it would be some kind of GTA like game.
At some points some parts feel like skyrim but guess that can be both good and negative~ personally I don't like those moments too much but it doesn't hurt.
ChrNo, I hope you are happy
Support your favorite group, buy CDs, DVDs and merch.
Then make your favorite happy and show off your support in the h!p collection thread
momochi tumblr | berikyuu tumblr

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2013, 02:03:23 AM »
My Songbird arrived in the mail today. Looking forward to it. :)

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2013, 11:47:45 AM »
I'm not really enjoying Infinite as much as other people or reviews hype it up to be. I think a big part of it might be that I'm playing on Hard and it almost seems unfairly hard. My shields break so fast and fighting the Handyman is just so frustrating because there's nothing I can really do. He always hits me and I always die, so it's an exercise in just chipping away at his health each time before I die, then come back and wittle it down til it's dead. But even if the gameplay was perfect then the story's not really gripping me nor do I really care as much for Elizabeth as the game wants me to. I mean the opening hours are great, completely immersive and I was enthralled throughout. But the middle which I'm on right now? Eh. Kind of tame. Maybe it'll all turn around for me at the end, which I've heard people say is the best thing about the game. Don't get me wrong I like playing it still, but is it a 10/10? Nope.

Offline RikoLiFan

• Member+
« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2013, 08:21:44 PM »
Are handymen vulnerable to murder of bee- I mean crows?

And yeah, the gameplay does feel like I'm playing Silent Scope with my carbine

Well I'm at least glad its not another "Duty of Battlefield Honor" modern military shooter
(and it's not almost entirely all cutscenes to the point it's a visual novel I'M LOOKING AT YOU BLACK OPS2 & TOMB RAIDER2013)

Offline zoolander

• Member+
« Reply #54 on: May 06, 2013, 02:47:12 AM »
There are a lot of people that seem to be having troubles with the difficulty. I think with any game if I ever have problems, I just lower the difficulty to easy and enjoy the ride. I just don't tend to have any patience. :lol: Although tbh I didn't find Infinite all that hard. Even 1999 mode I didn't have too much trouble until the final battle and that was more because it is so chaotic and I brain farted on a key thing. I died here and there but it wasn't frequent.

I think a lot depends on play style and gear. The strategy I found which is fun and makes you mega powerful:

-Burning Halo (switch to Storm when not using charge a lot)
-Blood to Salt (switch to Winter Shield when in an area with skylines)
-Urgent Care (switch to Brittle skinned when needed)
-Overkill (switch to Vampire's Embrace when needed)
-Upgrade salts then shields
-Upgrade charge boost and charge aid asap
-Shotgun + Carbide
-Use undertow to take out entrenched enemies, sniper groups and knock tough enemies off ledges

You are now God :lol: You have invulnerability+shield recharge once you hit an enemy with charge, tons of AOE and chain damage due to the charge upgrades, storm and/or overkill.

As for fighting the Handyman I really liked them just because they are so aggressive and keep ya moving. The strategy I found worked well if done right was to jump on the rails above them to get them frustrated. Then as soon as they jump on to shock you off, drop down and you can get a couple shots at their heart. You can also use undertow on them (or any other machinery) which not only short-circuits them, it also sets them right in front of you for a few seconds to get shots at the heart.

Here's a video with a similar set up.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #55 on: May 06, 2013, 01:41:54 PM »
Keeping in mind that I'm playing on Hard I made it to the Lady Comstock boss fight and that may be one of the worst boss fights I've played in any game. Makes me wonder if anyone at Irrational Games playtested it before putting the game out there. I lost so much goddamn money by dying over and over and it actually got so bad that the game decided to just kill the boss for me as I respawned and continued on with the game, as if to say "hey we know we fucked up the balance dramatically on this one so we'll let it slide." If it does anything like that again I'm just putting it down to Normal and playing on, because it's not worth me getting frustrated over it. Fucking ridiculous.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 02:00:44 PM by Tuffty »

Offline CrisisReversed

• ecchi
  • Nothing to put here
« Reply #56 on: May 08, 2013, 02:07:09 AM »
Keeping in mind that I'm playing on Hard I made it to the Lady Comstock boss fight and that may be one of the worst boss fights I've played in any game. Makes me wonder if anyone at Irrational Games playtested it before putting the game out there. I lost so much goddamn money by dying over and over and it actually got so bad that the game decided to just kill the boss for me as I respawned and continued on with the game, as if to say "hey we know we fucked up the balance dramatically on this one so we'll let it slide." If it does anything like that again I'm just putting it down to Normal and playing on, because it's not worth me getting frustrated over it. Fucking ridiculous.

Tell me about it, I'm stuck on that part on 1999 mode.  I'm just trying to use the sniper, but the constant resurrections  :cry:

Offline zoolander

• Member+
« Reply #57 on: May 08, 2013, 08:40:17 AM »
Oh man don't just sit there and snipe, charge that bitch with the AOE gear! You need to fry her minions so she cant keep raising them over and over. Charge with burning halo, blood to salt, urgent care, overkill etc. It will damage her with a AOE that will turn the solders bodies to ash so she can't resurrect em.

Basically just bum rush her with charge shotgun/rockets and charge her whenever she tries to raise her minions, use undertow if the minions get up and run or use return to sender when in trouble or when she is charging up her blast.

I beat all three instances first try on Hard and 1999 (although it did get pretty hairy for me a couple times lol) :D

Offline CrisisReversed

• ecchi
  • Nothing to put here
« Reply #58 on: May 10, 2013, 12:47:37 AM »
Oh man don't just sit there and snipe, charge that bitch with the AOE gear! You need to fry her minions so she cant keep raising them over and over. Charge with burning halo, blood to salt, urgent care, overkill etc. It will damage her with a AOE that will turn the solders bodies to ash so she can't resurrect em.

Basically just bum rush her with charge shotgun/rockets and charge her whenever she tries to raise her minions, use undertow if the minions get up and run or use return to sender when in trouble or when she is charging up her blast.

I beat all three instances first try on Hard and 1999 (although it did get pretty hairy for me a couple times lol) :D

Woahhhhhh thanks man!  This advice actually let me beat her at the graveyard (did die once T-T) >:D!  When I played through on hard, the first encounter was definitely the most difficult fight I feel and I should hopefully breeze through the next two with this strategy!

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #59 on: May 12, 2013, 02:06:00 AM »
I switched on the game for the first time again after that ridiculous boss fight and guess what? Because of the game's horrible checkpointing, I have to do it all over again. Fuuuuuuuuck that! :banghead:

I don't mean to badmouth the game a lot, I'm not trolling. These are just obvious complaints I have about the game that prevent it from being this 10/10 perfect game I constantly keep reading.

JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: 80kidz - Getting You Off