JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Crystal Kay - Bet You Don`t Know

Author Topic: The Dwarf Fortress Thread  (Read 26338 times)

Offline hydeo1

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: The Dwarf Fortress Thread
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2009, 07:08:10 AM »
aheaheha sorry

i mean, have some other way to go into the workshops, without be moving into the map until u found the workshop ?

i dont get yet much about the game, i dont know if the dwarfs stay making something or if the shops is working, also i cant put job for the dwarfs O.o, and really dont know how to get resources, because i chose the option but dont know if its work or not

sorry if u dont understand again aehahea :x~~~

Offline Foxy Brown

• Old and cranky
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Super bad!
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2009, 07:39:17 AM »
Dwarf Fortress never makes anything easy.

Offline hydeo1

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2009, 02:45:40 PM »
one thing i think is strange, i dont see the construction, only 1 or 2 itens inside, but nothing showing there is a construction

Fox, i added u on msn if dont have problem

Offline Foxy Brown

• Old and cranky
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Super bad!
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2009, 08:09:48 PM »
Hit t and select a workshop to see what items are there.

If something isn't there that's supposed to be there, it was probably moved to a stockpile.

Offline Foxy Brown

• Old and cranky
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Super bad!
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2009, 05:47:23 AM »
The map I'm playing on now has a an underground chasm, and every once in a while I'll get messages about Batman fighting a giant rat.

Offline ziggurat

• sweetsplash heartbeat
  • Member+
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2009, 09:05:21 AM »

Aftermath of a goblin ambush. There is a well above the entrance wall where all the wrestlers and markdwarfmen partying everyday lol. On the left side is the rope farm.

My wealth overview.

The living quarters. It kinda grows without any good blue print, lol.

I'm using the latest linux dev build, and after a baron, a baroness, a philosopher, an important hammer dwarf and another noble came, i fell asleep. After I woke up, the game hangs lol. I'll check if the save file is good. Damn, I become an addict back.

Jab <3 marimari <3 ChrNo~ your spirit shall live forever.. T_T || zgy@last.fm

Offline Foxy Brown

• Old and cranky
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Super bad!
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2009, 09:27:24 PM »
- That is absolutely useless.

No it isn't. Use it as part of a well that doubles as a meeting area, and all the dwarfs who gather around it will think happy thoughts.

Or use it as part of a weapon trap, and the goblins that step on it will think unhappy thoughts.

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2009, 11:11:30 AM »
- That is absolutely useless.

No it isn't. Use it as part of a well that doubles as a meeting area, and all the dwarfs who gather around it will think happy thoughts.

Or use it as part of a weapon trap, and the goblins that step on it will think unhappy thoughts.

This is true. I've gotten two of those on that fortress, actually. Believe I just stuck them somewhere to beef up the value of a room or two. Never had any artfact mechanisms before this fortress.
Need to play more, JPH!P fortress must be so lonely without me. Last I remember, I killed a dragon, and hadn't gotten a single siege in 10 years. Wild.. Any new developments on your fortresses, Foxy, anyone? o/

Offline Foxy Brown

• Old and cranky
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Super bad!
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2009, 11:58:06 PM »
Not that I don't appreciate my collection of copper-studded barrels, but I wish the game would let me be a little more specific with my workshop orders.

Offline Foxy Brown

• Old and cranky
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Super bad!
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2009, 03:43:09 AM »
The new map I started on has a glowing pit, which comes with some free engravings.

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2009, 07:26:36 PM »
The Big Boss of Fortress JPH!P.

Trying to start playing again, but the laptop I'm using for now really doesn't like a fort this busy. Had a small goblin amush when the Dwarven caravan arrived, they got torn to shreds. I swear that I saw one of their bodies go flying across the map, but I couldn't locate it thereafter. I've rigged one of the two entrances into my fortress with a water tower, and put a portion of the pathway a level down, so I can try to drown the next elven caravan to bother me. There's a big pool of lava that I've pumped, but have no idea what to do with it now. I've gotten a bit lazy with managing the rooms for dorfs..

Anyway, uploaded the fortress for you guys to play if you want: http://www.mediafire.com/?jdezwntymnm -- It's not the prettiest one I've done, but it's almost self sufficient, and packing a fair amount of resources.

Offline Foxy Brown

• Old and cranky
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Super bad!
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2009, 11:31:40 PM »

Awww...

Offline Foxy Brown

• Old and cranky
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Super bad!
Re: The Dwarf Fortress Has Herpes
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2010, 10:07:53 PM »

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
Re: The Dwarf Fortress Has Herpes
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2010, 03:33:40 PM »
I've got my new fortress going. Just looking at the options for medical related things, my brain hurts. The changes to the military are nice, my recruits aren't just mindlessly bashing each others skulls in. Just waiting for someone to get seriously injured to see my doctor in action.

EDIT: So, while digging some multi-level channels, a miner fell down in. After the fortress doctor came and took him to my hospital, and examined him, I found out he completely wrecked his right leg, severely injured the left. The upper and lower part of his right leg was flagged as "smashed apart", giving him "extreme pain", and he lost a ton of blood leaving him faint/pale. Because I started the fort in haste, and didn't begin with a water supply, his wounds couldn't be cleaned, and they became infected quickly. I didn't set out with and thread, so the wounds couldn't be sutured, either.. and I didnt have the material to make a traction machine, or crutches. I just decided to flood the fort with lava, and I will start anew later.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 06:09:31 PM by Amplifier »

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2010, 04:45:20 PM »

New JPH!P Fortress. Stryfe caused  a cave-in that killed tenkei, so I set up an accident for Stryfe <3 Sorry man..

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2010, 02:05:20 AM »
Poor Stryfe, hope he wasn't pissing into a bag after that. :/

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2010, 07:15:23 PM »
I was framed.

Offline Foxy Brown

• Old and cranky
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Super bad!
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2010, 09:15:23 PM »

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2010, 11:55:40 PM »

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2010, 06:35:56 PM »
http://mayday.w.staszic.waw.pl/~mayday/upload/DFG24.zip

Official Mayday version up (aka version with 'nice' graphics). GO GET

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Crystal Kay - Bet You Don`t Know