JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Sonamoo - Deja Vu

Author Topic: Street Fighter X Tekken / Tekken X Street Fighter  (Read 13483 times)

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
Re: Street Fighter X Tekken / Tekken X Street Fighter
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2010, 07:41:09 AM »
lol who says I'll even play it competitively online? I haven't played tekken since 1996! I'm much better at VF but I still get thrashed anytime I go online, I still enjoy it a lot anyway.
I can actually do long strings in VF because you're allowed to just tap it out in sequence (most of the time anyway) and it will come out.
I know tekken isn't good as VF, but I have a friend who plays, that's good enough to keep me entertained with it.

Offline OpsMonkey

• ecchi
  • Member+
Street Fighter X Tekken / Tekken X Street Fighter
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2010, 07:46:37 AM »
I don't even LIKE Tekken, I haven't played it since T2 on PS1 and I rented that one time, but I'm totally excited for this!!!!  :panic:

Yeahh, even in the SF version those Tekken characters look like they're working quite well, maybe they still have their T6 combos and stuff because it looks like they were getting lots of hits up close

I have to buy Tekken 6 now  :lol: cause I totally want to try out what Namco will do in T x SF!!!

lol, trust me, you won't like/can't handle tekken 6 buddy- i can see it already... if you don't like linking in SF4, you will HATE tekken 6- all the people online will juggle your ass you will be complaining about not being able to do ANYTHING.

jugglers are easy to counter because all they want do are the same chains. if you can fuck with their heads by stalling or poking at them they get frustrated.
Selective Hearing @ JPH!P Radio every Friday night/Saturday Morning starting at 00:00 MDT until 02:00 MDT.

Offline meowchi

• still listening to Viyuden
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2010, 08:08:02 AM »
i've played tekken 2, 3, tag, 4 (fave), 5 and i have tekken 6 for the PS3... i main nina/asuka and i'm gonna take a guess that the tekken chars will have a lot of juggle movesets, so that'll make it interesting vs the SF characters. better hook up the ol ps3 back up!

yeah jugglers who do the same sets in tekken 6 are nublets, and it's all mind games (what fighting games come down to). i was hoping for a namco vs cap title because i would like to see soul calibur characters, but i'm happy with tekken and SF, meaning that we won't see obscure characters no one cares about (MVC3 for instance, don't give a crap about the other characters aside from chris, chun, ryu, etc)

now the only cross over left i'd want to see is namco x tecmo x capcom x snk... lol

Offline hibachifinal

• リトル・プリンセス
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Super Fab Imouto II Turbo
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2010, 09:32:43 AM »
dont hate on juggling. getting a Bn'B combo in is about the same concept as getting a shoryuken or hadouken in. its part of the game. (if you dont like it, then its not for you).. and many people use the same combo 'sets' because they're probably the most effective and damaging strings... why not use it.

hating on tekken 'jugglers' is like hating mvc2 players who use assists. :roll: and like what opsmonkey said, knowing the right pokes helps. :lol:

and lol, tekken's 'dialing' is nothing like 1-frame linking in SF... and if you thought VF was lenient in execution (which believe me, is not), then Tekken (6) will be easy for you pika.

ro・∀・nin
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 09:40:38 AM by ronin »

シャイニーくももかがやくよKY PP FCpixiv@hibachifinal

Offline meowchi

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2010, 10:42:11 AM »
dont hate on juggling. getting a Bn'B combo in is about the same concept as getting a shoryuken or hadouken in. its part of the game. (if you dont like it, then its not for you).. and many people use the same combo 'sets' because they're probably the most effective and damaging strings... why not use it.

hating on tekken 'jugglers' is like hating mvc2 players who use assists. :roll: and like what opsmonkey said, knowing the right pokes helps. :lol:

and lol, tekken's 'dialing' is nothing like 1-frame linking in SF... and if you thought VF was lenient in execution (which believe me, is not), then Tekken (6) will be easy for you pika.

ro・∀・nin

you can't play tekken since tekken 2 and not love juggling. or combos for that matter.

u/f+3, 2,1, 2,1,1+2 B! WS+1,4. <3
1+4,2,1,1,1,4,b+4,2,b/d+4,3. <3

let me rephrase what i thought was obvious :roll: : jugglers who use the same sets after their opponent learns to adapt and defend/counter against it are nublets, in which case is comparable to shoryuken/hadouken spammers (who keep on using it despite being punished) SF4. obviously if something works in a fighting game, you should keep on doing it, but that being said, if you keep on doing a same move over and over again with success, your opponent isnt much of a challenge to begin with, since adapting to the situation is always key to winning any match in any game

by the way, my post to pika is not a hate on juggles, but rather my personal input on what pika would think about the game, since i've been playing fighting games with him on a regular basis and i know for a fact he (sorry pika) can't handle a situation where his character cannot move due to being "lp'd in corner", lol. that being said, i juggle. a lot. and LOVE IT.

anybody can execute. execution is only a part of tekken 6; you would have to deal with defending chains and mind games, knowing which pokes take priority, when to wake up and when not to, zoning is INTENSE, wall damage, etc etc, so i wouldn't take tekken 6 for granted, lol. most of these guys i play online have been playing since tekken 1, it's a much more hardcore fanbase then most of the casuals you see on SF4 online. although i would reccomend it to you pika cause maybe it'll make you comfortable with doing links in SF4

but if you're comfortable with VF, tekken would be like a second home to you, lol at least offline. to put it in perspective:

-VF, you can't mash. Tekken, mashing is encouraged (think eddy/christie). however the same can be said for any fighting game, and that doesn't necessarily make tekken 6 an easy game. hell just buy the game so i can fight you, and then you can get mad at me for spamming juggles :)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 11:03:55 AM by meowchi »

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2010, 10:57:32 AM »
lol

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2010, 12:32:43 PM »
Tekken seems widely regarded as being the button mashers/casual gamers game of choice though. Well ok, either that or DOA. I guess it's because of the juggles and the easy combo strings to pull off. I don't know what the online commnity is like cause the last one I played was Tekken 5. From my experience of fighting the AI a lot I can see how it can be annoying to be juggled in the air a lot (damn you Bryan!), but like meowchi said there's an art when it comes to fighting and punishing move spammers which a lot of people don't quite seem to appreciate. It's happened to me in VF and it's happened in SF too. I like the Tekken series, I played the hell out of 5 (Hwoarang/Lee FTW) so I'm looking forward to Namco's game.

All this talk though makes me wish the community for VF5 was bigger and more active. Nobody's playing it online at all. I can see why people don't like it as easy cause there's none of the flash associated with Tekken or SF, and it's not newbie friendly as a lot of it is on execution. But hell I love it because of that.

I was thinking about the immediate disadvantage the Tekken characters have against the likes of Ryu or Chun-Li as Tekken doesn't do projectile attacks. But then I remembered that True Ogre has fireballs and Devil Jin has laser eyes. And if you have characters like Ibuki who throws kunais or Cody who throws rocks, then surely they can slap a few projectile attacks on some characters to balance it out a little. Give Yoshimitsu some shurikens for example. Or maybe they won't, I've seen and played in plenty of matches where characters like Dudley or Zangief destroy players like Ryu or Ken if they're in the hands of better players. Like meowchi choosing Makoto when playing against me :nervous
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 12:41:29 PM by Tuffty »

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2010, 01:20:49 PM »
... but i'm happy with tekken and SF, meaning that we won't see obscure characters no one cares about
wait, so Skullomania isn't going to be in it? :stoned:

Offline hibachifinal

• リトル・プリンセス
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Super Fab Imouto II Turbo
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2010, 05:10:27 PM »
i juggle. a lot. and LOVE IT.

clown spotted  :lol:

jk.

but yeah i get your point now lol. I played 5DR and vanilla T6 pretty seriously when i had access to an arcade scene, and i gotta agree tekken is one of the most pressure filled games around (probably next to mahvel or ggac). That said, Tekken's are solid games, they have a bizarre flavor, but its all well laid out.

offtopic: regarding VF, i love the series more than tekken tbh, but yeah, its such a dismay that after 4Evo, interest really died out, and current games haven't been ported yet, even worse, VF5R/FS cabinets are rental only (arcades only rent then from sega on a time lease.. in japan), so im pretty sure our last chance is to wait for console ports. My fandom for VF has now been relegated to watching match vids and tournaments all over the internet and learning from those (lol)... its about the same act as watching UFC fights for me at this point.

and back to the main topic: how do you think capcom will handle the 'canned' combos for tekken characters? from the teaser gameplay vid, seems like they work like target combos, not to mention Ryu does the team super right after HP->HK Target... odd.

ro・∀・nin
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 05:16:50 PM by ronin »

シャイニーくももかがやくよKY PP FCpixiv@hibachifinal

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2010, 07:45:21 PM »
^ I can only imagine they'll take a look at some of the more flashy moves of Tekken characters and can those into special moves. In that gameplay clip you see Kazuya's lightning uppercut as an ultra move. I could easily see King's muscle buster or Paul's elbow smash as an Ultra also. I imagine there will be a lot of target combos for those characters. I'm more interested to see how SF characters get converted to 3D.

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2010, 11:34:55 AM »
First impressions of Tekken 6?

UGH

All I can say is I'm glad I got this cheap, cause it's not worth full price  :lol:

Problems:
1) Why can't I practice while looking at the move list? 3D fighting games have a crapton of moves and I seriously have to go back and forth in the menu for every single one of them? or go on the internet and write/print this all out? why? Sega has been letting you practice in this manner since the beginning of time, why should a modern game not have this included? I did a little looking around and they actually DID have this in previous versions but not in this one? why? wtf are you doing!?

This is the biggest problem for me, as a new player, I want to practice with the characters I think look cool and see who I would like to play as, right? Can I do that? well, kind of, but I have to keep swapping back and forth so much between the menus that I forget most of the stuff I was doing in the first place, and it takes WAY longer than it should do.
In VF, you can run through the movelist quickly, and it's a great way to learn, or get the feel of a character to see if you like them or would like to play as them, also it's great for practice, I usually run through the whole movelist of my character 1 or 2 times before playing in VF, can't do that here really.

2) Bland music, bland stanges, boring story mode, ugh it just suffers from the same problems DOA4 and SCIV have, just kind of dull/bland compared to the older games in the series (from what people tell me about Tekken 3 or 4)

I think if I never played VF in my life before ever I might like it a bit more, but.. no, all it's doing is making me miss VF tremendously, lol.

I'm still hoping the last version of VF5 comes out on PS3, that was one of the main reasons I bought one, just in case, plus it's region free, so if it's Japanese release only at least I can get that, haha. I guess it's just one of those things, though VF isn't popular outside of Japan and maybe that's why they don't want to release it since they make a lot of money in overseas markets now, maybe.. I don't know, I'm still hopeful!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 11:43:31 AM by pikapikapika »

Offline meowchi

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2010, 04:48:18 PM »
I did a little looking around and they actually DID have this in previous versions but not in this one? why? wtf are you doing!?

THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!

... sorry.

did you get it on ps3 or xbox? my gripes in the ps3 version is the long load times, even if it's installed to the HDD. so i'm thinking to just swap mine for the xbox version. might do it for my virtua fighter 5 as well SINCE THE ONLINE IS DEAD, LIKE GAROU OF THE WOLVES DEAD. people still play blazblue so i'll hold on to that one, just don't like playing on a ps3 controller.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 04:59:36 PM by meowchi »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2010, 05:11:58 PM »
VF5's online mode isn't much better in terms of activity meowchi. :(

More I think about it, the more I wished SSFIV's challenge mode was more like VF5's. It asked you to practice a move or combo string and if you needed help then you just pressed a button and it did a demo of not only what it looks like but the actual timing of when to press those buttons. For SF, at least if it asks you to do a string of moves only possible in the corner, it should bloody well tell you.

I wished they even explained some core mechanics better. Like, for example, teching a throw. I've seen the iPhone version of SF4 which has a specific tutorial where you have 30 seconds and you have to survive purely by teching throws. It teaches you the timings and the principles of teching a throw better in 30 seconds than 100 games playing runaway Akumas. I didn't know what an FADC looked like or why it was beneficial until I looked it up on Youtube. Which is great, I'm thankful they exist, but I feel like I shouldn't have to go to such effort. I can't exactly practice good ways of following up an FADC if the game itself won't even show me.

Things would have been a little easier for me and for others in general I would say, if the console version had this:
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 05:19:37 PM by Tuffty »

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2010, 05:45:15 PM »
Anyone play Tekken 6 for the PSP?  I have DR for the PSP, and I feel in love with that version. I plan on getting T6 for the PSP, but it seems at though the game hasn't been favorable.
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
  • Terashima Takuma Fan No.1
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2010, 10:43:31 PM »
I'll get this game, doesn't matter what others are saying  :lol:

Love you, my wonky-eyed Terashima Takuma! <3~ Supporting Terashima Takuma and G.Addict! :3

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2010, 05:31:47 AM »
^ Ya, I guess that's how I've always been. I'm just waiting for a price drop.
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2010, 09:04:49 AM »
Maybe extensive training modes aren't cool anymore or something, haha. VF5's as good as it is, is cut down a lot from the 4evo one, which was like the best training mode EVER lol. VF5 doesn't show you timing for every move either, only the ones it thinks is hard to pull off I guess.

I agree about SF4, it's really hard to tell on the timing for some things, even with youtube help. It doesn't help that a lot of the harder combos are flashy things no-one would ever use in a real match, the timing is just too specific to even be usable, it's just a possible combo so they put it it there, lol. Although SF is a different type of game so it's a lot less bad, I can see how it could phase a new player like you Tuff :(

As for Tekken6, I had fun with my friend like I predicted, haha. I'm getting a bit better with my character, but only because he's the first one I picked (Armor King, because I used him in T2) and I guess I'm stuck with him because of the stuff I mentioned earlier about not being able to check out the others easily, lol. The PS3 controller works okay with it, I think my d-pad is still too new though.
That Azazel boss though, ugh. The dumbest thing is the retarded way I beat him, it's like using your brain isn't allowed when fighting him, just mash buttons, haha.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2010, 05:34:35 PM »
3D model of Ryu in Tekken X Street Fighter was revealed at Gamescom:

http://kotaku.com/5616629/an-early-look-at-tekken-x-street-fighter

They stressed that it's not the final version and tweaks will be made to it. I think it looks pretty good though!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 05:45:36 PM by Tuffty »

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
  • Terashima Takuma Fan No.1
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2010, 06:32:36 PM »
This looks cool! :O
Want to know more about it!!
*sneaks into gamescom hall*

Love you, my wonky-eyed Terashima Takuma! <3~ Supporting Terashima Takuma and G.Addict! :3

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+

JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Sonamoo - Deja Vu