JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hyuna - Morning Glory (Feat. Qim Isle)

Author Topic: Best Video Game Cutscenes  (Read 3139 times)

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Best Video Game Cutscenes
« on: February 23, 2011, 12:04:22 AM »
Usually something gamers lament and criticise modern games for having too much emphasis of, video game cutscenes can genuinely be pretty good. Funny, badass, even emotional on a rare occassion. Time to let us know some of your favourites. Try to include a video if you can so we can all see the glory of it!

I will suggest however, to try and avoid anything too spoilerish. It would do no good for someone playing a game for a long time only to have the ending ruined here! If possible, try to precede the video with a bigass spoiler warning.

I'll get the ball rolling with a few faves of mine:

Devil May Cry 3 - Opening

Final Fantasy VIII - Opening

Metal Gear Solid - Psycho Mantis

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
Re: Best Video Game Cutscenes
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 03:42:48 AM »
I convinced (read "forced") my cousin to buy a new PS2 saying how good it was, just so I could buy the game and do overnight runs on it at his place.
Ah, good times. :)

There were a lot of great scenes in FFX. And sure, some were more touching and important to the storyline, like the underwater lovelove scene. :oops:
But it was the moment I started a new game, this came on, and... "Waoh!" :w00t:

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 08:39:55 AM »
One that really hit me the most was the end of Half Life 2: Episode 2. Launching and watching the rocket was amazing. I have honestly never felt such hopelessness, anguish then to anger and longing for revenge as I did after this.

COMPLETE AND UTTER SPOILERAGE! IF YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED IT BUT PLAN TO DON'T WATCH!

Some others (more massive spoilers)

A bunch from Metal Gear Solid games, I like how they put little interactive parts where you can see through Snakes eyes or do certain things, see info flashbacks ect.
[noembed]

[/noembed]

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 08:57:09 PM »
Shenmue II

The scene where you see Lan Di for the first time since Shenmue I. So close yet so far away. And then the following fight with Dou Niu was epic in itself until you pulled off the Counter Elbow. Ryo for the first time finally begun to see that size doesn't matter and it's focusing your energy that counts, it was a sign he was one step closer to being on equal footing with Lan Di. A shame then we'd never see it.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2011, 01:46:21 AM »
Fist of the North Star : Ken's Rage

It's a really well made intro video that sets up what the game's about and gives a giddy thrill to fans of the manga. My favourite part is 1:04 because Rei is just such a badass.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2011, 01:10:04 AM »
Speaking of badass, Escape from Butcher Bay really made you feel like one when sneaking around in the darkness and snapping guards necks, but Riddick shows he can be a badass as well in the cutscenes with some epic one-liners.

Offline zoolander

• Member+
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2011, 03:07:22 AM »

Do these count?  :shocked

Offline zoolander

• Member+
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2012, 04:55:13 AM »
Probably my favorite of all time, from HL2 Ep2 again.  :lol:

Recently [noembed][/noembed]

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2012, 03:00:22 PM »
Onimusha 3

Offline UltraM

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2012, 06:20:45 PM »

one of my fav., but every MGS is a emotional cutscene festival...

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hyuna - Morning Glory (Feat. Qim Isle)