JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Kokeshi Doll - Suicide Boogie

Author Topic: Videogames 50 Post Challenge *Postwhoring Olympics Special*  (Read 16683 times)

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
Re: Videogames 50 Post Challenge *Postwhoring Olympics Special*
« Reply #80 on: September 15, 2012, 01:38:01 PM »
C16. Game that most needs a sequel.
I'll take the fall and say Half-Life 2 :lol: :lol: :lol: (Ok not really a sequel since it'd be part 3, but...)

I HAVEN'T EVEN PLAYED THIS GAME (yet, I do own it). But everyone's always making jokes/hopeless predictions about a Half-Life 3 release and if one actually came out, it'd be hilarious and a mindfuck and would create a ton of hype AND most importantly, would probably give us another badass game (again, I haven't finished any HL games yet because I suck, but their reputation speaks for itself).

...I really need to get to re-installing Half-Life so I can give it another try. Maybe I'll suck less :lol:

Anyway, basically, a 3rd part to Half-Life would be entertaining not only to those playing it, but anyone into gaming watching the release and after party unfold, too. :lol:

I can't really comment on whether the game NEEDS follow-up or not because I haven't played it, durrr.
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #81 on: September 15, 2012, 01:50:36 PM »
It definately needs something. HL2:Episode 3 or an outright sequel in HL3 because let's say that Episode 2 sets things up on what to expect....and we're still waiting XD

...I really need to get to re-installing Half-Life so I can give it another try. Maybe I'll suck less :lol:

You might want to take a look at Black Mesa Source. It's a free HL1 mod out now, a revamped version of HL1 with updated graphics and a physics engine more closer to HL2. Though you'll need a Source engine game installed (I think L4D2 should be sufficient) to begin with and the mod (apparently) isn't quite finished and will only take you so far. Here's more detail

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #82 on: September 15, 2012, 02:39:30 PM »
^ I've heard of it, yeah... I dunno, I think it's easier for me to dl the old one via Steam as before. Old graphics don't really bother me, either. I know Black Mesa is coming for Steam, too, but I might not have the patience to wait :P
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #83 on: September 26, 2012, 10:05:28 PM »
C23. Favorite Pokemon game.

Uhhh pass. I'll say Pokemon Black for the craic :lol:

C24. Favorite Pokemon.

Charizard. Cause you don't mess with Charizard.

C25. Your favourite FPS and why.

COD4 easily had the best multiplayer experiences for me, playing with friends at Uni for all of first year and throughout the summer. Though I gotta say, Unreal Tournament holds a soft spot in my heart. Fast, frantic and a lot of fun to play, even against bots. And the map where you're fighting in an asteroid hovering around the Earth was epic.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #84 on: October 06, 2012, 02:17:38 PM »
C26. Game that you played longer than any other.

I think my save file in Dissidia Duodecim says it all. 197 hrs. And counting.

C27. Your favourite console generation and why.

I think it's this one in all honesty. There's just been so many good games released this gen. Plus when you take into consideration stuff like online play, downloadable games etc, it means more games are accessible than ever.

C28. The videogame character you would take to a Haunted House.

Jill Valentine. She's done it before and she's the master of unlocking after all.

JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Kokeshi Doll - Suicide Boogie