JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Go! Go! 7188 - Cutie Honey

Author Topic: The Closet Fan  (Read 11444 times)

Offline tivx

• Beauty To My Ai's
  • ecchi
  • Member+
The Closet Fan
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2006, 02:00:43 AM »
Quote from: Yoake.no.Senshi
I wouldn't consider myself a closet fan. It not like I'm so proud that as soon as I meet someone I would let them know I am an H!P fan, but I wouldn't hide it from them. I've always kinda been a little different from other people, even my friends and family (some said that's what they liked about me), so I'm kinda used to people thinking I'm a little weird.

ya i'm the same way. since i'm usually quiet, the way they find is if they had seen me do the RR21 dance, or if they had asked what am i listening to. like someone had mentioned it's not like i go around saying i'm a fan.

R.I.P. Kyle, already missing you man.........

Offline Lunar

• GanbaREINA~ !
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Tanakacchi <3
The Closet Fan
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2006, 02:32:08 AM »
I am the same as many others.I don't hide that I am a fan
but I am not the one
who jumps arround shouting "HP and j-pop for the win".I wear HP t-shirts sometimes and if someone asks about this stuff I would just tell them about it.
I don't rly care about what other ppl think of the stuff I like since it's my choice.If people who claim being your friends would turn away from you just becuz you listen to other music ,then they have never rly been your friends.

But it's just the same with all other things.

closet fans :

I think being a closet fan is not a bad thing , it's just another way.
Peoples characters are different and so are their behaviours.
In my opinion they enjoy the music as much as everyone else and
they are not less proud , so let the closet fans be as they are .

Offline klise

• Kagolise
  • ecchi
  • Member+
The Closet Fan
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2006, 05:36:03 AM »
what is a closet fan anyway? is it a fan who hides all his mm stuff from others?

i've been DCCing my friends (boys and girls) great h!p vids and songs via mIRC...
when i drive most of the times the tunes played will always be from h!p
and sometimes i played h!p tracks at a slightly loud volume at my room
i thought that its better to openly declare ur interest than keeping it secret as if its illegal...
lucky for me that my friends accepts it!

Offline num2son

• Member+
  • Nice to be Important but more Important to be Nice
The Closet Fan
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2006, 03:27:51 AM »
For now i am a closet fan...:neutral:
« Last Edit: November 21, 2006, 04:56:46 AM by num2son »

Designed by Miichan

Offline jkpark78

• ecchi
  • Member+
The Closet Fan
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2006, 01:25:37 AM »
i'm closet fan.. My ipod's full of MM songs, but my friends are like 'why do you have a japanese songs when you don't know japanese?'  (i'm korean.)
I do like their music (sorta old-school senselessly happy korean songs from back in the days,) but i do have to admit it helps to have the singers who are smoking hot.. :-P

Offline Gblue

• 流れ星
  • Member+
  • 流れ星
The Closet Fan
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2006, 01:41:58 AM »
personally, i want my own dance-troupe to follow me around. thats why i love berryz & c-ute. because i want them to follow me around and dance randomly. i like up-tempo music!
but as i learn more japanese, some of the slower songs have really grown on me - like aruiteru.

sometimes i'll have my headphones in and someone will ask me what i am listening to. i tell them, and they look at me like 'what?' then when i explain that its japanese etc they just dont really care. i don't go around professing my love for all things h!p.

Offline Nouciel

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • nouciel
The Closet Fan
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2006, 03:22:15 AM »
I'm the contrary to a closet fan o_o I make my friends H!P fans! XD

but yeah, I have to chose carefully the songs and pvs to show the first, otherwise they all would have get ANNOYED XD

Offline Himalia

• Unofficial Mr. Moonlight
  • Member+
The Closet Fan
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2006, 01:00:21 AM »
Cant say im a closet fan in the slightest infact ive even managed to convert a fair few people to the joys of HP Goodness.
Himalias Hello Project Photocard swap shop.
http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=11481.20

Offline misugi

• ecchi
  • Member+
The Closet Fan
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2006, 06:47:10 AM »
I normally don't talk about them to someone I'm not a close to, but to my close friend and family I am an open fan.  At least my phone is full of Momusu songs, I listen to them in my notebook all the time at home, watch hello morning and have their concert on TV very often as well.

Offline hibachifinal

• リトル・プリンセス
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Super Fab Imouto II Turbo
The Closet Fan
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2006, 10:18:54 AM »
im not a closet fan, perse, it's jsut that, a lot of people around here dont really share my fandom for such... so, in a way, it's still "hidden" within me..

but, if they ask who is on my macbook's wallpaper... (currently GAM), sure, i'll tell them about it... and say im a fan of H!P
and when im listening/viewing some stuff, i don't hide it... but it's not that show it off or something...

luckily i have a few fellow friends who are also into jpop/japan, so, yea, in the commute bus, we babble about these things (mostly fighting over who is hotter).. aloud even.. lol

シャイニーくももかがやくよKY PP FCpixiv@hibachifinal

Offline Blu-Cherri

• Figure of Sorrow
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Figure of Loneliness
The Closet Fan
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2006, 11:49:33 PM »
most people i know, know i like japanese musc but the majority that aren't close friends just don't ask any further questions other than 'who's that girl in your picture' or 'this song's catchy'
People just don't really care here lol.

set made by me
Here's me singing and dancing!
http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=15604.0

Offline Demanding More Makoto

• ecchi
  • Member+
The Closet Fan
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2006, 12:05:00 PM »
Quote from: Himalia;260668
Cant say im a closet fan in the slightest infact ive even managed to convert a fair few people to the joys of HP Goodness.

Yeah I am one of them. I am not a closet fan either. If anyone asks what music do I like I mention Morning Musume
W.H.O.A member
Demanding More Makoto mistress and head of Makoto branch
:heart:  Everytime someone is mean about Makoto and Kei I love them a little bit more:heart:

HELLO! Otaku Academy Member of the World-wide HELLO! Otaku Academy

Offline reyfer

• Member+
  • Sayumin's personal assistant
The Closet Fan
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2006, 11:58:00 PM »
For all you secret fans, the perfect Christmas present to give to your family and friends, so they too can share your passion

:ONkekeke: :ONkekeke: :ONkekeke:

Offline skyxkami

The Closet Fan
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2006, 02:33:22 AM »
I didn't read all the posts yet but I just wanted to get this off my chest. This may be a long rant. The whole thing about being a closet fan, it's about the time and place you're in. For example the time we're in, Japanese entertainment is becoming bigger and bigger worldwide, or else we wouldn't be here right now. The place? Well me, I'm in a part of San Jose California that is filled with bigots and racists. Not only that, but the "japanophiles" don't make things any easier on people that have a mild interest or hobby. Me, I suppose I'm pretty beyond "mild interest" or "hobby" but I'm nowhere near Wota level. I won't showcase that I'm a fan, but its not like I'm hiding it either. An example of "time and place" would be when I was at this year's Fanimecon (2006). I saw a guy walking around with a piece of cardboard with a bunch of Takahashi Ai pictures glued onto it, front and back. That would be the first and last time I met an H!P fan. It was pretty safe for him to carry that thing around at Fanime seeing as how there are way weirder people there.

Also, my friend could get away with putting Hamasaki Ayumi on his binder, I probably wouldn't get away with putting Takahashi Ai on mine. It's not because there are people would know who the two are, but a passerby would probably bring it up. I call that one hypocrisy because my friend is who he is, and I am who I am. He takes French, I take Japanese, he hangs out with potheads, I hang out with the Asians that have Calculus.

My point is, there will be people that when they ask you "what kind of music do you listen to?" you can answer "Jpop" and they'll nod. Or they could give you a funny look. Rarely do you get a person that would ask "oh who do you listen to?" after your answer. I saw a few posters that said they get ragged on for listening to Jpop. Now ask yourself, are those type of people really worth knowing? I'm not saying to pick H!P over your friends, I'm just saying if you're open minded enough to embrace another culture, find other people that are too.

As for the topic question itself, if someone asks me what kind of music I listen to, or what I'm listening to on my mp3 player, I'll say "oh just some Japanese stuff". So in closing, I guess I am a closet fan, but what exactly would be the point of showcasing "H!P love"? In Japan there are the Wotas to turn people off from H!P, and in America, there are the "japanophiles" that turn people off from Japanese culture in general. Thats my rant thank you for listening.

Offline jjkoi

• ecchi
  • Member+
The Closet Fan
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2006, 06:59:47 AM »
I wouldn't really say I'm a closet fan either, since i don't really hide the fact. I listen to a lot of different J-artists, and my brother is even starting to get a to like some of it!
But in a sense, for me at least, I only really started getting into J-pop stuff after living in Japan for a few years, so for me it's more of a personal thing for myself, which I can understand my friends or whatever not really appreciating, since they didn't have the same experience, you know? I mean, living there and being surrounded by it all the time, and now bringing it back to Aus, at first it was a little strange for my friends, but everyone has their own likes and dislikes, right?  :P :P

5th Generation Forever!!

Offline qilver

• Member+
The Closet Fan
« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2006, 06:14:36 AM »
I think a lot of you have provided some good insight on the issue of being a fan of Hello Project, and of Japanese culture in general. The outside public is probably oblivous to anything specific on Japanese entertainment, although there is more recognition worldwide(atleast in some parts of the world) on cool things "japanese". And anime has helped that, but for the most part, having Ai-chan or any other H!P member on a binder, poster or even listening to them on your mp3, most people would either shrug at the thought of it, and could care less, in either case, we are fans, and should be proud of it. Whether we choose to come forth, and acknowledge it, and face embarrassment, or discussion depends on the time and place.

Risa Niigaki

JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Go! Go! 7188 - Cutie Honey