JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Downy - Underground

Author Topic: Discuss on Hitomi Yoshizawa's future  (Read 15134 times)

Offline Linus

• Member+
Discuss on Hitomi Yoshizawa's future
« on: November 17, 2006, 01:20:53 AM »

Yoshizawa Hitomi's recent lose of weight already made the news this week. An article points out how skinny is she looking right now due to all the pressure she has over her shoulders like the fact of keeping Morning Musume alive. About this topic, the article says she is not graduating because MM would definitely fall in a black well and she could only appear on tv shows and focus on futsal.

Yoshizawa has been losing weight ever since Mari Yaguchi and Rika Ishikawa left the ship. She's been trying hard on keeping Gatas from falling apart and keeping Momusu from falling apart. Aruiteru's #1 must have been a relief for her. But it is enough? Wouldn't it be the perfect goodbye for a gold era member? All the preassure on her is killing he health of the reason why I started to like Morning Musume: Yossie. She belongs to the past, and all the past is gone ever since Mari and Rika graduated. She's doesn't belong to the current time.

Yuko and Kaori knew when was their time to quit. Maybe Yossie is being forced to be the captain of this ship until the last breath? I can't believe she's not announcing it yet. Even if she retires like Aya Ishiguro and we only know something about her sometimes (Kei Yasuda anyone?). I'd be happier with her on her own sweet way, maybe joining the university, rather than watching her totally out of place within the new gens. However, I have the sad feel she will stay until the last day of MM.

Offline wakaba_doll

• kakkoi☆
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • forever...
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2006, 01:26:54 AM »
I agree that she should graduate now. It seems really unfair to place so much pressure on just one girl to hold not only one, but *two* groups together (Momosu and Gatas)! XD It's no wonder her health is going down, and honestly, I don't think anything is worth losing your heath. Yossi should graduate now, since Aruiteru has become a hit, and end her career on a high note rather than a low one. It would be awful to just keep her around until Momosu completely disintegrates, and all of her hard work would be for nothing XD

Offline Kyobu

• PLATICA
  • Member+
  • GAO!
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2006, 01:44:36 AM »
I voted yes, her health is more important.  Though, it would be horrid to see her go.

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2006, 01:46:52 AM »
Yossi will probably need to graduate after we get married, anyway. :ONhee:

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2006, 02:12:42 AM »
I haven't watched a whole lot of MM stuff real recently but it seems to me like everyone except for eri has teetered to the thin side of the spectrum. I'm not terribly worried about Yoshizawa, her weight has always fluctuated ever since she joined. Perhaps being the only member left with some real rapport within the industry (with the exception of perhaps Miki) has put the burden on her to prop up the group, but I don't think that is the reason she is loosing weight.

They should just graduate Yoshizawa to do a big anniversary reunion tour with the other graduates, make Miki solo again and add a bunch of new material to MM. Morning Musume will survive the losses, it always has, and it will force others that are perhaps unwilling, or being held back to step it up outside of just Hello Morning.

Offline reyfer

• Member+
  • Sayumin's personal assistant
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2006, 02:14:15 AM »
I love Yossi, and if her health is at risk, I support the idea of her graduating right now. Thing is, knowing her she'll wait until 8th gen is introduced to graduate. I only hope she makes the right decision and thinks of her health before anything else :)

Offline num2son

• Member+
  • Nice to be Important but more Important to be Nice
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2006, 02:27:28 AM »
She should do what ever her mind tells her.  I voted no for right now, but the day will come soon after the 8th generation comes in and settle down.

If she does graduate she should manage the group.  I see her as the next Yuko when it comes to the respect the other members give her.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 02:30:26 AM by num2son »

Designed by Miichan

Offline Masabi

• ミ★
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • metallica orz
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2006, 02:36:17 AM »
I think she should retire if she feels the need to or if she's too stressed to go on.  Health > work.
The artist formerly known as Gray.

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Prance. Do it. Now. N.O.W.
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2006, 02:45:15 AM »
Although I agree that she should place her health over her work, I also agree with the article saying that Morning Musume might fall apart if she wasn't in it. Sure, Aruiteru was a good one, but still, what about the singles after Aruiteru? Can we guarantee Morning Musume's success after seeing Aruiteru? I think not. Not only that, Yossie's like, the only comedy master left in the group next to maybe Miki. So that's a huge blow to their talk shows if Yossie decides to graduate now, considering the other members aren't as outspoken as she is. What I had just said is probably one of the burdens she's carrying: wondering the possibility of MM's future if she were to go.

Nonetheless, if her health gets any worse, then yes, I will support her decision to graduate.

EDIT: I did not intend to sound like I'm disrespecting any of the other Gatas or MM members when I say Yossie is what keeps them up. Don't get me wrong, I love them all dearly, but I also honestly say that I don't think most of them can uphold a good interview if they are too shy or something. So y'all, forgive me if I sound like I'm setting Yossie on a pedestal the other members can't touch.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 03:06:36 AM by Yuuyami »

Offline Nouciel

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • nouciel
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2006, 04:02:17 AM »
Yossie shouldn't put her work ahead of her health. Even if I feel she's was doing great as a leader, her current health evidences she has too much on her own hands. Before Mako & Konno graduations I was sure that Yossie would be graduating the next. She surely will be missed when she does it, but really, she can hurt herself for some group she has already saw on the top of the weekly charts, and because of better reasons. But even saying that, I was happy seeing Aruiteru as a weekly #1, because and just because Yossie could get some relief.

Also, since MM is trying hardcore to keep the image of young girls, Yossie kinda doesn't fit there (I'm a huge Hitomi fan btw). Koharu is a seller-machine, and Miki has GAM on her side, every member of MM gets more spotlight than Yossie.

Offline ferrar1

• エロリン ~ 大っスキ ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2006, 04:14:27 AM »
She should just graduate and form a group with Mai & Ayaka. They can name it M.A.Y XD

Anyway even if she would be graduating anytime soon, it would likely be at next year's summer concert. In the meantime, they really need to sort out within MM who should do the leading, who should be summarising their act. I would give my vote of confidence to Miki as leader & Risa as sub leader.

4th Pic of Eri courtesy of t-motion's gallery ~ Sangokushi Taisen anyone ? http://sangokutaisen.blogspot.com/ ~ Lame attempt at a personal blog ~

Offline num2son

• Member+
  • Nice to be Important but more Important to be Nice
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2006, 04:23:32 AM »
Quote from: ferrar1;236790
I would give my vote of confidence to Miki as leader & Risa as sub leader.

Risa would pass that to Aichan.

Designed by Miichan

Offline RionZ

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2006, 04:42:10 AM »
I voted not sure.

Tell me, not to sound wrong or anything, but what exactly does a Morning Musume leader do? (rhetorical)

Yossui doesn't get that many parts in songs...she doesn't talk that much in the shows they appear on beyond an introduction of the song or group and when she does talk it doesn't seem stressful.  I also doubt that she's involved with big corporate aspects of the record label to stress her as well.

She does Gatas because she enjoys it, simple as that, and you can attribute that to her weight loss.  People saying its unhealthy need to take a look around at other artists (Nakashima Mika, anyone?) and just because she was a lil chubby once before, doesn't mean being skinny is bad.  Yossui was a teen when we saw her weight fluctuations, and now that she is a woman there will be less of that.

Morning Musume can still function without her, how can u make such a big statement that they'd fall apart without her?  Or that she's the only one holding them together? The newspaper that ran that article just probably wanted to fill some space.

That being said, I hope Yossui stays for as long as she wishes.  She's still refreshing to see on H!M and other places.  And I'd hate to see her go.

Once again, I'm just bashing the article, not Yossui. <3

Courtesy of the best, Miichan!

Offline ferrar1

• エロリン ~ 大っスキ ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2006, 05:04:53 AM »
^ theoretically a leader's job is nothing. Probably just to remind members when to show up, relate information they get from supervisors/managers or tsunku.

But they actually need to act like a big sister to the lower aged members and most importantly lead by example. They are also the one that girls look for when in doubt and feeling down and when they are in trouble, mediate fights etc. Leaders also need to teach the young & new members the guidelines to stay out of trouble and succeed in the entertainment circle.

Miki though not the best choice will suffice for now because i believe we won't see her long staying in MM. The long term solution would be Risa and i hope they can train her early so she can be a good leader for the next generation of musumes. I actually see her and Kamei as the 2 to lead the next generation if they do still exists that long XD. They work well together and can summarise well.

4th Pic of Eri courtesy of t-motion's gallery ~ Sangokushi Taisen anyone ? http://sangokutaisen.blogspot.com/ ~ Lame attempt at a personal blog ~

Offline aimaime

• Ai T's Iced Tea
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Gakky^^
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2006, 07:44:46 AM »
^
^
exactly what i thought Rionz.. i dunno if there's any actual proof that she's got a problem with her health.. i always thought she's skinnier now than ever b4 but never to the point of scary mika nakashima skinny.. it might be because of the pressure.. but i doubt there are many people out there actually expect her and putting pressure on her shoulders alone to keep momusu alive.. and i also doubt it's because of gatas.. football's always fun, win or lose.. and as a big fan of football i'm sure she feels the same way too..

but i hope it's not a psychological problem like anorexia or something. where she's getting to self concious and starts to starve herself.. that kind of thing won't go away even if she leaves momusu..

anyway i voted 'not sure' because i'm kinda divided.. she already seems out of place a little right now and with the new gens coming (they're getting younger & younger all the time) i don't think the old skool chemistry will be there anymore.. but it's really sad if she does go. this is yossie we're talking about here after all.. *reminiscing about all the good times*

sangatsu7 - movies, music, variety shows, japan, aichan, rants, etc..

Offline chera

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2006, 08:37:13 AM »
I feel horrible for saying this, but Yossie is the leader and she has to lead.  That means putting others before yourself.

Sub-leader Miki simply doesn't have what it takes to be the new Leader.  She might be one of the most popular girls, but everybody knows she wont be around for long.  

And Aichan is still not ready to take up the mantle.  Give her a year, maybe two.  Give her a few singles, and get her out in front of the media more.  Give her more confidence and let her lighten up a bit.  Then, maybe Yossie can pass the leadership down to Ai-chan.

Offline Demanding More Makoto

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2006, 08:43:03 AM »
If Yossie wants to graduate then she should be allowed too.
Her health is more important than Morning Musume or H!P. It UfA don't want her to graduate then they should allow her sometime off to gain some weight and rest.

Quote from: Nouciel;236777
Yossie shouldn't put her work ahead of her health. Even if I feel she's was doing great as a leader, her current health evidences she has too much on her own hands. Before Mako & Konno graduations I was sure that Yossie would be graduating the next. She surely will be missed when she does it, but really, she can hurt herself for some group she has already saw on the top of the weekly charts, and because of better reasons. But even saying that, I was happy seeing Aruiteru as a weekly #1, because and just because Yossie could get some relief.
Also, since MM is trying hardcore to keep the image of young girls, Yossie kinda doesn't fit there (I'm a huge Hitomi fan btw). Koharu is a seller-machine, and Miki has GAM on her side, every member of MM gets more spotlight than Yossie.

I couldn't agree with you more. Although I thought that Miki and Takahashi would graduate before Makoto and Konkon. I was so shocked when I read the annoucement that Mako and Konkon were going to graduate :cry:.
I cant help feeling that Hitomi never wanted to be leader she just got landed into that role. She said at Konkon graduation that she was worried when she first became leader maybe the worry has never gone away. She always seemed happier messing around with Makoto and Miki on Hello! Morning before she was leader.
Whatever happens I just hope that Hitomi gets better and get given the chance to do what she wants to do rather than what UFA wants.
W.H.O.A member
Demanding More Makoto mistress and head of Makoto branch
:heart:  Everytime someone is mean about Makoto and Kei I love them a little bit more:heart:

HELLO! Otaku Academy Member of the World-wide HELLO! Otaku Academy

Offline tamatron

• Evil Super Villain
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Arse Gratia Arse
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2006, 09:18:23 AM »
I've been saying this since Rika's graduated... FREE YOSSIE!

I'm not sure you can compare Yossie's weight situation with Mika's. I'm not her fan and haven't been following her works, but Mika has always been this thin to me. So that's how she is. There's probably nothing wrong about her, she's just naturally thin. But Yossie...her weight shifted a lot. Remember before Goto's grad when she, like, bloated and it took a big while for her to get back in shape. Then she got a bit thinner, then got chubby after that, and now she's thinner than ever.

And allowing her to have some time off to get rest? No time off in MM. You know who just had a time off? Makoto. That's how you get a time off.

Offline smellysarah

• Member+
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2006, 09:58:08 AM »
I love Yossi to bits, but I'd rather see her graduate than see her look so tired and sickly thin. Whether what the article speculates is true or not, I think it's pretty obvious to see that Yossi doesn't look well right now, for whatever reason, and even if it's something outside of Momusu or Gatas problems, having that extra strain can't be good.

I'm curious though to see if this being in the news will effect anything. I don't know if it's caused as much of a stir amongst japanese fans as it has to us, but I'd imagine that up front would want to do something if Yossi's getting...I guess it's somewhat negative press.

Offline cynee

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2006, 04:09:51 PM »
Yossie's weight loss really looks worrying... especially when we all saw how 'big-sized' she was at one point of time. i think Yossie has too much leadership (MM, Futsal) in her hands suddenly and perhaps this is sucking up all her energy.

as much as i would like her to graduate and be in a smaller group (think Pucchimoni!), i don't think UFA will let her out of MM anytime soon. MM is already small enough and besides, there's no other leader material. Miki seems too heck care about MM, while Ai is lead vocal and they never had a lead be leader at the same time too, that will be too much focus on just one person (like how Nacchi was never leader). i think Yossie is doing the leader job well, but they just need to stop overworking her! and make her eat more! besides, i cannot imagine MM without any golden era member... then MM will really seem un-MM-like to me...

JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Downy - Underground