JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: A Pink - Boy

Author Topic: Do you think Berryz needs auditions or new member(s) ??  (Read 10526 times)

Offline Linus

• Member+
Do you think Berryz needs auditions or new member(s) ??
« on: December 08, 2006, 12:05:05 AM »
Let's face Maiha's graduation was a big lost.

:pencry:

Life goes on. Why can Berryz have graduations but no auditions? Their sales are always almost around the same numbers, yet songs keep getting better. But not their sales or popularity. If it's not the songs, then it's the members. Why can'd they find a Maki Goto for Berryz? I'd like them to have auditions. This idea to keep the group as it was born is stupid! Even EXILE got new members!

Oh, Berryz has to step into a new phase: their consolidation. They can't lose the battle against AAA, who wants to get all teens money. And let's face Berryz has no fans, they have mowota-fans. Of course they can keep it forever, or they can try to expand it. Go back to release one single per month, for example! AAA released 8 this year! That's the way to be in top tv shows every week, in charts, in magazines, and people gets to know you more and more.

What might be the live at Saitama Super Arena for? Only one day, and in the biggest stadium they could get. They should give the tickets for free on schools so they can gather as much people as possible, young girls, and announce auditions! Berryz <3

Offline Princess Pudding

• Member+
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2006, 12:11:18 AM »
I personally think that Berryz is fine like they are. I think adding someone new to the group would, in a sense, be like adding someone new to Melon Kinenbi. Maiha was cute, but is the group much different now that she left (I DO like Maiha, but c'mon.. it's true, yes?)? She wasn't a front figure in the group like Megumi was. I think they just need to give them more stuff. Something like a song to an anime, and it's easily done, too, since they could maybe do a collaboration with Koharu or get the ending theme or something, but I really don't want to see them adding anyone to Berryz.

Offline sousora

• Winter is coming.
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 从・ゥ・从
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2006, 12:13:47 AM »
Generations slowly killed Momusu. The Berryz don't need it, they're perfect as they are.

Offline Gblue

• 流れ星
  • Member+
  • 流れ星
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2006, 12:16:15 AM »
no!
frankly, maiha was gone before i even noticed her.

Offline Linus

• Member+
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2006, 12:30:12 AM »
Maiha was just a personal claim of sadness :( The point is: We have seen to much groups dying to let Berryz go obscure as well. Good songs come one after another but success never arrives. Something is wrong. And as I said, it can keep on forever (20K per single can keep them alive for ten years or more) or they can try to repeat the history like they did once.

icarian, I'd say (and numbers are on my side) that generations kept MoMusu alive for ten years and God knows for how many more they will. Let's keep in mind that H!P forms idols, not singers and bands. Big labels can rely on the same singers for years... (or add like Orange Range and EXILE) but idols can't have the same appeal forever. Popularity has an expiration date (ask MKB/CM not being active) but adding members is always an appeal (MoMusu, Country w/Rika w/Konno & Miki) and it's a push all the time.

Collaborations, Purin? It's been tried already with ºC-ute singing Kirarin*Rev ending theme. Did that help their album? Not at all. (Watching +40 men on every C-ute event, it's not like I -if I was a father- would let my child buy and get interested in C-ute) I think it's mostly that the buyers already know Berryz and what do they have to offer, and this love translates into the same for years: 20K. Not bad at all. I insist, they can keep this way forever. But history has showed us that there was less wotas in 2005 than in 2004, and less in 2006 than in 2005. Don't think Berryz can't rely forever on guys that sooner or later will stop supporting for whatever reason. Maybe Kirarin feat BK would give the group a big push in terms of kid fans. Just an unlike happening thought.

I also like the current Berryz, of course I do, hell, more than MoMusu! But I don't want them to keep on the same level forever, with the same fans forever. They can't even sell albums to casual fans, which is the opposite to the whole Japanese music market, in which album sells surpass the single sales by miles. For all this I think they need a Maki Goto, some new outstanding member that can repeat MM story perfectly illustrated in Love Machine extended PV: "Hey, those girls got a new member!" and we all know how does it continues.

Offline Didac

• H!P #1 Fanfrog
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2006, 01:12:55 AM »
I say: yes, but not now.

It's not only for Berryz' sake, it's for its members' sake: I'm pretty sure Sugaya, Tsugunaga or Natsuyaki don't plan to live in Berryz forever. Some day they'll fully grow up and will develop all the potential they have now, and will try to go further in their musical career. What will be for Berryz then?
There will be two options: or disband Berryz, or get new members. And, obviously, new members must be there before some one else leaves.

But, before starting auditions and such, first Berryz must be more than a band for a bunch of wotas: I think consolidation and promotion must go before any attempt to modify the line-up. They need more singles, more albums, more performances... more exposure. And then, we should start to talk about new members.

Offline wakaba_doll

• kakkoi☆
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • forever...
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2006, 01:27:34 AM »
I agree with icarianwings~ Berryz should stay as it is! One generation~ theirs~ is all they need :heart:

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2006, 01:34:19 AM »
Chinami needs more spotlight, is all. MOAR~! :lol:

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2006, 01:47:27 AM »
Quote from: icarianwings;252918
Generations slowly killed Momusu. The Berryz don't need it, they're perfect as they are.

icarianwings took the words right out of my mouth. One generation of Berryz is enough to conquer the world...

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Offline aimaime

• Ai T's Iced Tea
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Gakky^^
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2006, 02:06:05 AM »
i prefer them not to have auditions like mm does. berryz seem more similar to 'normal' pop groups because the same faces are still there. it's refreshing to see that in a H!P group. i do hope that they could stay as long as they can together. it would be interesting if the same members are still there when they've grown up. even if there is a new addition it should be just 1 or 2 person, not 7-8 generations..

sangatsu7 - movies, music, variety shows, japan, aichan, rants, etc..

Offline Koolmon93

• Member+
  • Karaoke is srs bznz.
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2006, 02:11:12 AM »
My question is how they'll give the lines to the person in the new gen. The current songs are Kumai/Tsugunaga/Natsuyaki/Sugaya while Chinami sings BG and Maasa and Saki usually get a line per song... You can't just take away lines...

*Set by Gypchan*

Offline Kyobu

• PLATICA
  • Member+
  • GAO!
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2006, 02:42:20 AM »
I became a Berryz fan after Maiha left, but since becoming a fan I have listened to pretty much all their old stuff, and seen all their old videos, and in doing so, I never really noticed Maiha.  Her voice was nice but, she never really stood out (to me), and I personally think Berryz wern't damaged by her graduation.  But of course like I said, I was never a big fan so, maybe a Maiha fan would think differently.

The sales could be better, but there is a good chance they will be soon.  The thing I don't understand is people saying wota are keeping them going.  But surely wota are just fans?  Don't fans keep every group going?  Aren't we all fans?  Maybe just not as huge of fans as the wota.

Very few groups, and mainly girl groups, and especially child groups, don't last very long.  Berryz still have a few years until I (personally) feel they would be ready to start solo careers, and even though it would be horrible to see them break up, I doubt we will never hear from them again.

Risako, Miyabi, Momoko and maybe Yurina could have a good solo career ahead of them.  Chinami's voice is getting better and better, so I doubt she'll stop singing.  Saki I'm not sure about, I think she's great though, and Maasa will more than likely grow even more beautiful, and maybe sell some PB's or something.

I don't really think they need generations, the current Berryz will always be Berryz, any new members will just look out of place.  Plus they are all still pretty young, and are only improving.  Better promotion will gain success, not new girls.

All in my opinion of course :)

Offline mr.niigaki

• is a female.
  • Member+
  • remember the noisy girls
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2006, 03:18:13 AM »
Never! This is something I fear a lot that will happen, and I don't think I'll ever be happy if they sink to that.

I don't think new generations would work well with Berryz. To me Berryz is like a set group like MK and shouldn't have anything new added to it. I doubt if they had new members the lines would be spilt up any different so it'd just be more 'girls in the back' which really doesn't help anything. I think they are a good size and a good set up with members. I don't see the need for them really becoming "Morning Musume 2" which is all I think it will look like if they got some new members. If current MM doesn't do that good anymore, what will MM2 end up doing...

Offline Nouciel

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • nouciel
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2006, 03:37:12 AM »
All Berryz are young. All of them have potential, and some of them have already discovered it. They only need more promotion, not generations. And if they have a Maki Goto 2, look at the sales of MM. Exploided when Love machine came in and decreased slowly. I don't want Berryz to end up already like this.

And about Maiha~ there are moments in the making-of's of the Berryz when the girl cries, and she's all alone while the others are having fun (I would have kicked camereman's ass). Nobody could feel comfortable that way, and I'm glad she realized that.

Offline tamatron

• Evil Super Villain
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Arse Gratia Arse
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2006, 06:42:29 AM »
HECK NO!

Adding new generations might have helped keeping MM alive, but it's also what makes MM a zombie group, too. I don't want that to happen to Berryz. I'd rather have them disband than be zombies.

Why the sales are bad? I think coz no one gives a damn about H!P anymore. They only know older acts and don't want to waste their time find out about new ones. No one knows wth is Berryz Koubou.

There's a big hance the 3tops might move on to other projects, like soloists, other units. But they don't need to graduate from Berryz. The company should've learnt that from MM.

Maiha's grad... I agree with Pudding. I love the girl but her grad's made the group stronger somehow.

Offline Shoko

• Member+
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2006, 08:13:50 AM »
No :<
Having a hard day? Send me a PM and I'll create a parody of something! It's my policy to make you laugh. If you don't, I will do it again. Until you crack a smile :)

Offline misugi

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2006, 08:41:59 AM »
Berryz don't need new generations cause they were supposed to join MM

Offline tamatron

• Evil Super Villain
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Arse Gratia Arse
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2006, 08:53:28 AM »
Quote from: misugi;253251
Berryz don't need new generations cause they were supposed to join MM

Again, heck no.

Berryz joining MM wouldn't help MM much (if at all), and it'd kill Berryz.

Offline Linus

• Member+
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2006, 11:50:10 AM »
Quote from: tama-chan;253257
Again, heck no.

Berryz joining MM wouldn't help MM much (if at all), and it'd kill Berryz.
Yup. That's something I totally agree.

Quote from: tama-chan;253188
Why the sales are bad? I think coz no one gives a damn about H!P anymore. They only know older acts and don't want to waste their time find out about new ones. No one knows wth is Berryz Koubou.
That's it. 100,000 people were in MM for Furusato and Maki changed that into 1,000,000! That's why maybe Berryz needs their gold girl. Not a lot of new generations but some miracle.

Quote from: Kyobu;253033
The sales could be better, but there is a good chance they will be soon. The thing I don't understand is people saying wota are keeping them going. But surely wota are just fans? Don't fans keep every group going? Aren't we all fans? Maybe just not as huge of fans as the wota.
That "soon" is something I have been reading for years, and something in what I had faith too, but it's been 2 albums, 2 mini albums, and 12 singles, and there's no improve because people already knows what do they have to offer to them. About the wota thing... you can appreciate it on album releases. Like I said, a casual fans waits for an album to be released and this is why album sales always > single sales. This does not happen with Berryz, showing their fanbase is closed at all. I even think they don't want to expand it. UFA is happy doing 20K for each single but like MoMusu sales went downhill because yes, even wotas lose interest, one of these days it might happen to Berryz, and by then, adding someone will be useless; but adding someone now might make people get interest in a future third album and give them the definitive push they need. Just what I think :p

Offline Blu-Cherri

• Figure of Sorrow
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Figure of Loneliness
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2006, 12:13:10 PM »
But Berryz singles sales are increasing and they are gaining popularity.
MF obviously liked their talk enough to ask them back and Berryz have their own wotas, beri-wota(just to claim they're not just using mo-wota)
Sure they're not selling huge amounts like MM do or used to, but they're going at their own pace and it seems to suit them fine.
Generations will ruin Berryz, that's something that gives berryz something MM has lost a lot of, GOOD relationships between members(just look at Maasa and Yurina at the sports fes).

And definately do NOT i repeat DO NOT put berryz(or c-ute) in MM, it will just crash and burn and confuse the general public

'wait wasn't that girl in that other group?' 'no she was always this one.' 'no im sure she wasn't'

^ that is what will happen -__-" As another reason MM are loosing popularity is no1 knows who they are anymore.

set made by me
Here's me singing and dancing!
http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=15604.0

JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: A Pink - Boy