JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Sakda Pattasima - I love the Thai people

Author Topic: Do you think Berryz needs auditions or new member(s) ??  (Read 10524 times)

Offline Kyobu

• PLATICA
  • Member+
  • GAO!
Do you think Berryz needs auditions or new member(s) ??
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2006, 01:19:12 PM »
Quote from: Shaoran;253316

That "soon" is something I have been reading for years, and something in what I had faith too, but it's been 2 albums, 2 mini albums, and 12 singles, and there's no improve because people already knows what do they have to offer to them. About the wota thing... you can appreciate it on album releases. Like I said, a casual fans waits for an album to be released and this is why album sales always > single sales. This does not happen with Berryz, showing their fanbase is closed at all. I even think they don't want to expand it. UFA is happy doing 20K for each single but like MoMusu sales went downhill because yes, even wotas lose interest, one of these days it might happen to Berryz, and by then, adding someone will be useless; but adding someone now might make people get interest in a future third album and give them the definitive push they need. Just what I think :p

Their sales don't seem to be dropping, so they could still "soon" have a big hit which really puts them on the map, and I don't think they need a new girl to do that.  Solid sales are better than dropping sales.

Remember that Berryz only debuted in 2004, and the arrival of Maki was in 1999.  The addition of a girl was successful then but remember 6th gen?  As much as I love them, they did nothing for the sales or popularity of Musume.  Times have changed.

I still believe "soon" they could make it big, simply because in a few years time, they would all be a little older, meaning they would all be even better at what they do than they are now.  They soon may just have that song, like special generation.

Berryz have been around for 2 years, Morning Musume have been around for 10, and Berryz are having to cope with the reality of the internet, when back when Maki joined, people would buy the single out of intrest.  With Berryz, people might download the single out of intrest, doesn't effect their sales.

Overall, I just think it's still too early to give up hope with Berryz.

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2006, 01:26:39 PM »
いらなぁい~

Quote from: Shaoran;253316
That's it. 100,000 people were in MM for Furusato and Maki changed that into 1,000,000! That's why maybe Berryz needs their gold girl. Not a lot of new generations but some miracle.

Your comparison to pre-Maki and post-Maki isn't really working any more. Hello! Project is outdated. You get looked down upon by non-fans who probably picture the stereotypical otaku in their heads every time they hear the word Morning Musume. I seriously doubt those non-fans are going to have a change of heart because of a so-called "miracle member" joining one of the H!P groups.

I'd say that the H!P fan base is reaching its limit.

Offline kingthaking81

• konkon's bonbons
  • Member+
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2006, 02:07:19 PM »
i personally wouldn;t mind if they add new members, as long as they keep releasing good music. I find it more interesting to see how an unit can cope with members leaving/joining. thus giving a performance more of a fresh appearance, instead of watching a song everytime being performed by the same members.

Offline prettylovely1

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2006, 03:26:49 PM »
No. I think if 2 or 3 more members them the will need more.
As your enemy I promise to like everything you hate just to annoy you.

Offline Rocaix

« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2006, 05:17:13 PM »
Considering Berryz's fanbase is about 90% wota, I'd doubt adding members will have much of an impact on their popularity.

Offline ayubon

• Shoujo A
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2006, 07:06:51 PM »
Definitely NO.
Berryz strike me as a very tightly-knitt group, almost like Melon Kinenbi. Can you imagine MKB losing one member and replacing her with a new one? ;)

Talking about BK's popularity -- I've never looked at them as a MM's counterpart or rivals, rather as a product meant mainly for the wota-market. They'll never be as big as MM were in the past, but they've already achieved a LOT, maybe even more than people expected of them when they started.

Offline nachdenki

• Member+
  • 桃子はひっぱりだこ
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2006, 07:59:56 PM »
omg! reading this thread makes me sad DX
I hate changes and therefore don't like the thought of Berryz breaking up one day :ONgyaaah:
Personally I don't want a new member nor do I want that someone leaves them.
I'm fine with their sales and popularity as long as they can keep releasing music and concerts. I don't care if they release only a few singles etc. in a year, I even think it's good this way, because I am spending enough money already :ONsweat:
This way, they are able to release some good songs because Tsunku or whoever has enough time to make is sound good D:
ChrNo, I hope you are happy
Support your favorite group, buy CDs, DVDs and merch.
Then make your favorite happy and show off your support in the h!p collection thread
momochi tumblr | berikyuu tumblr

Offline sakurasake

• luv Euroson~*!
  • Member+
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2006, 01:05:26 AM »
i dont think they need new members... they're fine the way it is now... i just think they need more promotions... and keep having more singles released... in order for more ppl to know about them...

Offline i.Love.Music

« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2007, 03:56:39 PM »
They do need a 13 years old blond Maki, yeah :p

I don't want them to turn into the Musume audition methods, one audition per year... but maybe after three years, one new member wouldn't hurt anyone.

Offline love_0o

• .:Tanaka-fan:.
  • Member+
Re: Do you think Berryz needs auditions or new member(s) ??
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2007, 09:54:14 AM »
I really don't want more members for Berryz Kobo..If there would be more..they wouldn't be Berryz for me.

Offline nox_xie

• reina's bodyguard
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • tanakacchi_lover
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2007, 11:04:32 AM »
And definately do NOT i repeat DO NOT put berryz(or c-ute) in MM, it will just crash and burn and confuse the general public

'wait wasn't that girl in that other group?' 'no she was always this one.' 'no im sure she wasn't'

^ that is what will happen -__-" As another reason MM are loosing popularity is no1 knows who they are anymore.

i 2nd that.. yup.. sometimes its quite confusing.. seeing aibon in w then in momusu then again in minimoni.. haha.. but that for the public.. it a big NO PROBLEM for the fans.. especially u..

Berryz strike me as a very tightly-knitt group, almost like Melon Kinenbi. Can you imagine MKB losing one member and replacing her with a new one? ;)

yay.. i agreed with u.. for now BK is a great group which din need any new member.. but if maiha still around, she's one of the reason for me to like BK a lot..

Offline JTRIX

• Looking for Green Kame
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2007, 12:24:58 PM »
They don't need anyone to join in, the way they are now are great!
They are just between 13-15s, they still have lots of ages to keep the group fresh!

Maiha's graduation doesn't change much in terms of me. I mean I wasn't really a big fan of Maiha and I don't notice her much when she was in BK. Also like some of our members said, since she wasn't the "front" of BK, her graduation doesn't really show much a change to BK.

Anyway NO ADDING MEMBERS to BK like MM does!
Don't kill the cuteness + fun of BK!
The 5 beams: Sexy Beam, Mayuge Beam/Akabiman Beam, Miracle Beam, and Usa-Chan Beam

Offline palstela

« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2007, 02:42:53 PM »
put simply : not right now :p

Offline Pinkosa

• (:
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2007, 03:03:20 PM »
Their sales are getting better. Also the SSA tour made them stronger!
They don't really need to change the members~

Offline Tyball

• Nice man with candy X]
  • Member+
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2007, 04:09:14 PM »
Berryz is perfect as they are IMO.  ;D

Offline Secchi

• Charmy Gaki 510
  • Member+
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2007, 07:01:00 PM »
I hope they keep going like this

Offline yumestarlet

• Hmm~ YES MY LOVE!
  • Member+
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2007, 07:08:46 PM »
I like how static Berryz has been, other than Maiha's graduation, anyway. I like how it's different from MM in that it isn't a constantly changing line-up. Right now, I'd say no. I really like the group as it is, but I wouldn't be 100% opposed to a new member, but instead of brand new auditions, I'd prefer if they took one (or however many) from the H!P Eggs for the group instead.

Umeda Erika | Linlin & Junjun | Sugaya Risako & Tokunaga Chinami | Noto Arisa | Sugiura Riho
& MUCH thanks to genericpaperdoll for the lovely ava! :heart:

Egao YES Idols -- New blog on H!P and other J-pop idols!

Offline Rhyno335

• Member+
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2007, 12:22:40 AM »
I think right now they are fine as is. It's sort of nice to have a core group stay together. Changing them now would mean they are trying to do something out of desperation and I don't think they are at that point.

Offline katatsumuri

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2007, 08:36:17 AM »
Holding auditions to add new members should belong to MM exclusively. (so as not to kill the 'novelty')

Offline Rick-e

• **Gaki Lover**
  • Member+
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2007, 12:27:08 PM »
I agree. Berryz doesn't have to be the next MM by doing auditions and such, they're berry good already (excuse the pun) :D

Gaki-san 大好き!

JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Sakda Pattasima - I love the Thai people