JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Utada Hikaru - Jinsei Saikou No Hi (The Best Day of My Life)

Author Topic: Have C-ute had it easier than Berryz?  (Read 4385 times)

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
Have C-ute had it easier than Berryz?
« on: December 17, 2006, 03:06:31 PM »
I'm talking about foreign fans' attitudes here o/

As far as I understand, when Berryz Kobo debuted, most foreign fans hated the whole idea of Hello!Pro Kids and didn't want to even give them a chance. Seems like the majority of foreign fans who like Berryz became fans during or after Special Generation was released (and that was already their 6th single). Basically, it has taken a long time until the foreign fan community has started to accept Berryz.

However, when it comes to C-ute, it seems people have already got used to the idea of these "kid units", so C-ute won't have to fight against the same odds that Berryz have had to. So, should C-ute be really grateful to Berryz for making it easier to them to debut? :P

I don't know how it is in Japan, though. But to me it seems like people here have quickly accepted C-ute, whereas Berryz were ignored and/or hated for a long time.

And no, this isn't a Berryz VS. C-ute topic, it's just an observation I've made about fan attitudes :D And I just wanted to make a new thread!:panda_kiss:
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline tamatron

• Evil Super Villain
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Arse Gratia Arse
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 03:45:01 PM »
Maybe. But it also makes a 'bond' between the fans who've been there from the start and the group tighter, too. I don't know what it was like with Japanese fans when they first debuted, but now it seems to me that Berryz has the most hardcore fans (on 2ch at least).

C-ute might not be hated like Berryz was, but they have other battles of their own. It took them a long time to debut and when they finally got to debut, they had to 'compete' with Berryz.

But whatever. Gaijin wotas don't count anyway! :lol:

Offline Linus

• Member+
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2006, 03:53:52 PM »
Well, my story...

Berryz came out in the inappropriate moment. People was still angry, I was very angry with Tsunku because of PucchiMoni, Tanpopo and Minimoni disbanding. H!P was awesome and every MoMusu concert could include this three acts together with it. Goto graduated, the three subgroups ended, MoMusu had to hold concerts by themselves and only their music. Random shuffle songs, it's never been the same...

OMG! I drifted from the original point XD Er... yes. We're on the subgroups disbanding. Aa! And ZYX had no continuity, and all of a sudden, with MoMusu's songs going downhill, Tsunku puts effort on a kids group. Of course people would not accept them! I did not hate them, I was indifferent. I remember not giving a damn until 4th single Happiness~~ because the song draw my attention and I saw a continuity on them (Not like original idea of rotate the members of BK). Although it was not enough to make me learn their names or care about... But then I realized they were having the good songs. And later I met Tama- It was when I got converted XD

Of course C-ute had it better. We were ready already to watch good songs going to someone else than our dear MoMusu, and we were used to the kids thanks to Berryz. So it's all about them now. Not to mention BK is not kids anymore and C-ute is taking the ubercute place that Berryz left when they grew up. All my judgments are under the songs, not under the girls. So far, the four indies singles couldn't make me learn their names. Let's see if the first single creates a better environment for the C-ute love to grow up.

Offline Nouciel

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • nouciel
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2006, 08:36:19 PM »
There's also the people that HATE Berryz with a friggin' passion, and find C-ute more interesting, just to say a word.

Offline Gblue

• 流れ星
  • Member+
  • 流れ星
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2006, 08:46:11 PM »
i've fully embraced my c-ute luff. i love them the same reason i love berryz - they are pros already! dancing and entertaining. momosu are nowhere near as 'genki' as the 2 h!p kids groups.
if there was berryz & c-ute on haromoni i would totally watch it.
i've already decided to support c-ute no matter what, even if their 'debut' single sucks. which it won't!
« Last Edit: December 17, 2006, 08:48:35 PM by Gblue »

Offline ~Dan~

• Happyyyy~~~
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2006, 01:51:26 AM »
I guess C-ute have had it easier than Berryz because Berryz were first, and now people are more ready to accept the idea of a kids group.
Sig gone. Tinypic is no more.

Offline Masabi

• ミ★
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • metallica orz
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2006, 02:23:57 AM »
Quote from: Nouciel;261405
There's also the people that HATE Berryz with a friggin' passion, and find C-ute more interesting, just to say a word.

I am one of those people so I can provide truth for the statement xD
The artist formerly known as Gray.

Offline 楊枝君

• データが出た!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ももち
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2006, 06:37:27 PM »
I think °C-ute had it easier because of Berryz debut before them, so many H!P Kids haters had time to come to appreciate the awesome of H!P Kids, but I know that many Berryz fans just don't like °C-ute and see them as unwanted competition.

Now that's all starting to change.

So maybe °C-ute had it easier, but they did have to fight to establish a position in the Berryz fans' hearts.

Or so I think XD;;;
Veni Vidi Wiki

Offline misugi

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2006, 05:41:06 AM »
C-ute certainly had it easier than Berryz, but I guess it will be difficult for them to gain as much fans as Berryz.

Offline Shoko

• Member+
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2006, 10:03:24 AM »
Well, I came in around the time just before C-ute debuted, so I wouldn't know. But I like both Berryz AND C-ute. Berryz for their songs and C-ute for their members.

C-ute also sounds AMAZING (even better) live. See: Cutie Circut Final. They're stealing my attention away from Berryz :o, but I still like Berryz anyway.
Having a hard day? Send me a PM and I'll create a parody of something! It's my policy to make you laugh. If you don't, I will do it again. Until you crack a smile :)

Offline Blu-Cherri

• Figure of Sorrow
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Figure of Loneliness
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2006, 05:43:50 PM »
But also c-ute are much older now, so it's not so much like a bunch of kids debuting..well it isn't to me and some are very close to my ages.
Also, we've had longer to get to know them a bit more whereas berryz were probably just thrust out after zyx and aa!
I wasn't a fan at that time so I can't comment much, but c-ute have become a group in a totally different way with the indie singles and mass amounts of random performances - to build up a fanbase before their first official release.
I wouldn't say they had it easier as such, as with all their performances before their first single, I think they've had to push harder and work more to build up a ready fan-base.

saying that I love both groups! ^^

set made by me
Here's me singing and dancing!
http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=15604.0

JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Utada Hikaru - Jinsei Saikou No Hi (The Best Day of My Life)