JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Mass of the Fermenting Dregs - Hikizuru Beat

Author Topic: Momusu wikipedia Impact on jpop, impact on performers,(etc) + free use image?  (Read 4560 times)

Offline Masabi

• ミ★
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • metallica orz
"And for an article on a musical group, there are various other topics that need to be covered. For example, where is the discussion of Morning Musume's influence on other performers? On J-pop in general? Where is the discussion of critical reaction to the group? Where is the discussion about their songs, the themes in them, etc.? Their style? Perhaps the "Milestones" section could be converted into prose and combined into a "Sales and critical reaction" section discussing general successes and criticisms of the band."

from the peer review

If anyone has any information on any of the following, it would be really good:

- Influence on other performers
- Influence on jpop
- Critical reactions to them
- Discussion about their songs
- Themes in their songs
- Sales information
- A fair use image of the current Morning Musume, meaning one that was taken by a fan (non-promotional)

thanks in advance!
The artist formerly known as Gray.

Offline elgie

• Yossi's worth a good jerk
  • Member+
  • Miss you, Jab
As for the fair-use image, I'm afraid that, even being a fan-taken one, it won't be useful for the wikipedia.

Japan's personal image rights are quite more strict than in other countries, meaning that you can't publish a picture of someone without express consent, regardless of where did you take the picture from. The only thing you can do to help it is asking the people involved or the company that manages their image rights to give consent for the publication of the images.

R.I.P. Jabronisaur

Offline Masabi

• ミ★
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • metallica orz
^ Then how does Friday get away with all that stuff??

Offline Angelus

• Yasashii.Kimochi
  • Member+
  • EighthGen <3
Why don't you get a concert picture? I know a friend who went to the 10th anniversary concert and she said she took pictures, so maybe she took a picture of all the girls together. I can ask.

Offline Masabi

• ミ★
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • metallica orz
^ That's kind of what I was looking for.  If you can get some pictures with all of them together I would be eternally grateful

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
I though the press was free to publish pictures of other people if it accompanied "news".

The only critical reation towards H!P that I can think is "kimowota" and "hentai" :lol:

As far as their influence on J-music, there rise in popularity a few years ago did lead to a little boom in the female j-idol/singer group. And that also led to the rise of "kimowota"

In terms of theme's of music they have straight forward melodic idol-pop about happy times, sunshine, and all that nice stuff, crazy funky pop songs about random girl stuff, and r&b-ish pop about relationships and breakups.

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Quote from: StreakInTheSky;327863
In terms of theme's of music they have straight forward melodic idol-pop about happy times, sunshine, and all that nice stuff, crazy funky pop songs about random girl stuff, and r&b-ish pop about relationships and breakups.

I just want to add "one-sided love" to this.

I'm too lazy to check but I'm pretty sure it's common in H!P songs as far as I can remember.

Offline Masabi

• ミ★
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • metallica orz
^ Unrequited love, I think it's pretty common too

Offline shione

Fair use is defined by where you are or in this case where the wikipedia servers are. If you want to put it up on the English wikipedia site you are fine. A country's laws only have jurisdiction within its borders and for good reason too. Imagine if you divorced your husband and xxxxx country's laws applied...

Offline Celedam

Why is this a concern at all? There is already a Wikipedia template in place for Hello! Project publicity photos...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Image_copyright_tags/Fair_use#Publicity_photos

As for the structure of your Wikipedia articles, how much feedback do you really want? Or to put it more bluntly, how proprietary are you feeling?

Offline Masabi

• ミ★
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • metallica orz
^ As much as possible.  

And I guess it's an issue because some people are iffy when it comes to wikipedia and fair use, and I was going to put it up at featured article candidate

Offline JaisBane

• ecchi
  • Member+
Quote from: Gray;327790
^ Then how does Friday get away with all that stuff??

Friday gets sued for it all the time, they make enough money to outweigh the expenditures in settlements.

Offline Angelus

• Yasashii.Kimochi
  • Member+
  • EighthGen <3
Quote from: Gray;327813
^ That's kind of what I was looking for.  If you can get some pictures with all of them together I would be eternally grateful

Sorry for the late reply. Anyway, I'll talk and see what I can get, if she took anything.

JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Mass of the Fermenting Dregs - Hikizuru Beat