JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Buono! - Winter Story

Author Topic: [CHI] Donnie Yen  (Read 82338 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
Re: [CHI] Donnie Yen
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2010, 07:52:25 AM »

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2010, 07:38:26 AM »
Cast and crew members promote "14 Blades" at the film's premiere in Beijing on January 26, 2010. [Photo: CRIENGLISH.com]

Martial-arts film "14 Blades" premiered in Beijing on Tuesday in the absence of female lead Zhao Wei.

Zhao was absent due to "personal reasons," according to the film's production team.

Rumors that the popular actress is pregnant have not been confirmed by neither Zhao nor her agent.

At the premiere, lead actor Donnie Yen led other cast members Wu Chun, Kate Tsui and Qi Yuwu in sharing behind-the-scenes tidbits.

"14 Blades" is about a Ming Dynasty secret agent (Donnie Yen) who fights to uncover a conspiracy. It was directed by Daniel Lee.

Chinese folk singer-songwriter Sa Dingding, who won a BBC World Music Award in 2008 for her previous album "Alive", sings the movie's theme song.

The movie will hit local theaters on February 4.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2010, 10:00:33 AM »
"14 Blades" Premieres in Hong Kong
2010-02-09

Cast members Qi Yuwu, Kate Tsui, Donnie Yen and Wu Chun attend the premiere of the martial art film "14 Blades" in Hong Kong on Monday, February 8, 2010. [Photo: sina.com/Tungstar]

here's the MV:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2010, 09:41:48 AM »
The man can do it all!! lol his wife is so tall.

Donnie Yen Fortune Telling

Yesterday evening, Donnie Yen attended a reception accompanied by his wife Cecilia Wang, he revealed that he'll soon film a movie "Guan Yun Chang" that will be directed by Alan Mak Siu Fai, for the movie he'll be both actor and Action director, saying that he'll go to look for settings with director MAk. It is said that "Guan Yun Chang" will be quadruplets (4 movies on the same topic) as many directors fight to film it ? He said : "I heard of it." The movie he's starring often get twins but he always was first... He smiled saying "I also don't know why ?"

About "14 Blades" that he is starring getting bad box office, he admitted that he was a little disappointed by the Hong Kong box office. He said : " But it was ok the next morning, I can say that even though we are pessimistic about Hong Kong box office, we will win over the whole globe, in Mainland, the box office reached 130 Millions, 3 times what Raymond Wong's "All is well and Ends well 2010" got, I'm not talking big." But after he said that he was optimistic about "All..." it got beaten by Eric Tsang's "72 Tenants".

Donnie says "When filming, there will be losses and gains, there's no way to win every year, the most important is that Chinese speaking movies win, this year, you earn, next year I do, I came out acting Hong Kong movies, so I wish the best to all of my peers."

Source: Ming Pao
Translated by: little bee @ AsianFanatics

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2010, 08:15:13 AM »

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2010, 08:37:18 AM »
Yo Homie!! it's been leaked! Check DA LOM :pimp:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2010, 07:06:00 AM »
You know you made it big when they make a wax figure of you!!

Donnie talks about how weird it is getting measured and shit.

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2010, 11:41:25 AM »

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2010, 10:28:19 AM »
his manliest role EVER!!!

Donnie Yen Leads 'Guan Yunchang'    
2010-04-29 14:18:35     CRIENGLISH.com      Web Editor: zhucheng

spy photos brought to you by the same hosts of JunJun and LinLin's new blogs!

Led by Hong Kong action film star Donnie Yen, the film "Guan Yunchang" has started shooting in Hebei Province, M1905.com reports.

Yen plays general Guan Yu, also known as Yunchang, the famous character from the historical novel "Romance of the Three Kingdoms".

Award-winning mainland director-actor Jiang Wen plays the role of Cao Cao - the leader of Guan's enemy kingdom. Actress Sun Li will also play an important role in the film, according to the report.

Yen said honestly that he's not quite familiar with the character of Guan Yunchang and he's reading the novel, even taking it into the bathroom with him.

"I have to do a lot of homework to prepare for the rivalry with Jiang Wen. He has a very heroic personality," Yen said.
The appearance of Donnie Yen's version of Guan Yunchang is quite different from the traditional understanding, the report says. The well-dressed general now wears shabby clothing in the film. Even his style of beard is different. The film depicts a young Guan Yunchang.

Donnie Yen is also the martial-arts director of the film.

Wu-jing.org plot details:
...The story focuses mainly on the period when Guan Yu was held captive by Cao Cao, showing his inner conflicts, and will see Guan Yu traveling a thousand li on his trusty steed, passing 5 obstacles, beheading six generals. Donnie Yen would play the eponymous historical figure, while Zhang Han Yu Jiang Wen warlord Cao Cao.

Donnie Yen says, "I don't know why so many filmmakers want me to play folk heroes or historical figures. I have heard that many are shooting Guan Yu films, and Louis Koo would be joining one, very fascinating... To me, this is a very challenging role, I'd be acting and action directing, so the pressure is quite big. My schedule is already fully packed this year, but I'm still getting new scripts, more than I could handle."

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2010, 02:20:12 AM »
doesn't look like him at ALL! :lol:

Donnie Yen: Going Home Is More Important Than Box Office

Donnie Yen's character from "Yip Man" is now available in a wax figure in HK Madame Tssauds wax museum. Yesterday he attended to the opening ceremony. Wife Cecilia Wang came to support with her parents, sister, and cousin. Donnie felt the eyes resembled the best.

Donnie's "Yip Man 2" has a box office of 3,720,000HKD (opening day) and is so far his best selling film in one day. He is very satisfied with the box office. First installment has box office around one million in its opening day, this time is the triple.

He said since it has a good box office, he will definitely invite others to dinner. He also hope it will exceed 40 million and boss Raymond Wong will pay everyone a trip to Japan. He stressed earlier that he won't film a 3rd installment, now the sequel has a good outcome, will he reconsider? He expressed he won't because there's not much new elements he can add to the character. Also too many people portray the same character, like "Wong Fei Hung" before, which turned out pretty bad in the end. He won't be like other people. Foreign film "Iron Man 2" will open today and asked is he confident in beating "IM2?" Donnie said it's hard to say, "YM2" has good word-of-mouth, Mainland viewers said it surpassed the first one. He said: "Decide who will win or go home, which one is more important? Of course I'll pick the latter one."

Source: Mingpao
Translated by: Kay's Entertainment

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2010, 08:02:44 AM »
Another hit! it's already no doubt he has replaced Jackie Chan and Jet Li, for a long time now. If you are sneaky enough, you got the screener already but its in Mando. Just check YT.

Donnie Yen's Salary Rockets After "Ip Man 2"    
2010-05-06 17:22:29     CRIENGLISH.com      Web Editor: zhucheng

Donnie Yen's salary has rocketed to 20 million Yuan ( nearly US $ 3 million) per film following his performance in "Ip Man 2", Chinafilm.com reports.

Yen's salary now exceeds that of Hong Kong superstar Andy Lau and actor Tony Leung, but trails some way behind Jackie Chan's 103 million Yuan (US$ 15 million) and Jet Li's 68 million Yuan (nearly US$ 10 million).

According to the report, investment company Polybona believes there's a good chance that Donnie Yen will take over from Jackie Chan and Jet Li as the new king of kung fu movies.

Donnie Yen was offered US $ 3 million to play the lead role in "Guan Yunchang", a movie about a great general from the historical Chinese novel "Romance of Three Kingdoms".

"With his great performances, he's box office gold and worth every penny of his $ 3 million salary. I'm very interested in working with him," said Daniel Lam, president of Universe International Holdings Limited in Hong Kong.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2010, 12:31:02 AM »
Kung-Fu Chen Zhen Returns   
2010-05-10 17:24:34     CRIENGLISH.com      Web Editor: Xie Tingting

"Legend of the Fist: The Return of Chen Zhen", the latest film about one of the best-known action heroes on China's screens, will hit local cinemas in October, producers have announced.

Investors said at a press conference on Monday that they are expecting a box-office take of 500 million yuan (US$73.3 million). That number, if reached, would make the film one of the most profitable Chinese-language films of all time. "The Founding of a Republic", last year's box-office leader, earned 420 million yuan.

Donnie Yen, who portrayed the fictitious martial-arts hero Chen Zhen in a 1995 TV drama, reprises the role that has also been played by Bruce Lee and Jet Li. A frequent character on China's big and small screens, Chen Zhen is usually portrayed as a student of martial-arts legend Huo Yuanjia (1867-1910).

"Unlike Bruce Lee's Chen Zhen who's uneducated, or Jet Li's version, Donnie Yen has to go further. Yen's Chen Zhen returns to China from France, and is more mature and romantic than previous incarnations," explained Gordon Chan, the film's producer.

According to the production team, Yen's Chen Zhen is a special agent who works against Japanese spies in 1920s Shanghai.

The film also stars Shu Qi, Anthony Wong and Huang Bo.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2010, 06:46:40 AM »
Legend of Chen Zhen trailer!!

official site: http://www.mediaasia.com/legendofthefist/

HAHA and doing the Bruce Lee squeal awesome Donnie!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2010, 10:46:25 AM »
Donnie Yen's blog squashing rumors of beefs with Sammo Hung!

http://blog.sina.com.cn/zhenzidan

lol lots of cool pix:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2010, 10:16:08 AM »
Donnie Yen is THE MONKEY KING

It's official.  The title role for Soi Cheang's Monkey King: Wreaking Havoc In Heavenly Palace has been confirmed and its none other than Donnie Yen, the bankable action star who's been on fire lately.  If you may recall from our previous post, Jet Li was the other prime candidate under consideration from the producers to re-play the iconic character.  The major roles still left to be fill include Buffalo Demon King, Princess Iron Fan, Jade Emperor, and Erlang Shen.  Budget at US $45 million, Filmko Pictures plans to shoot the fantasy adaptation in 3D IMAX with Weta Digital on board to handle the special effects.

According to the poster on the above, the release date is slated for February 2012.

source: http://twitchfilm.net/news/2010/05/donnie-yen-is-the-monkey-king.php

Offline nimrod

• RihoLicious!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • BABYMETAL DEATH!
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2010, 12:19:04 AM »
Tiger Cage 1-3 (Part 1+2 is with Donnie) will be finally released in the Digitally Remastered Versions  :shocked:  :w00t:

http://www.dddhouse.com/v3/product_details.php?ProductID=10918
http://www.dddhouse.com/v3/product_details.php?ProductID=10919
http://www.dddhouse.com/v3/product_details.php?ProductID=10920

I havent seem them yet, but they look like must have  movies
りほ, りほ Password is りほ  ♪

がんばれいな!- twitter - last.fm - DVD Profiler - tumblr

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2010, 11:04:51 AM »
^ EPIC! :D The cast is fucking baller with Simon Yam and Jacky Cheung. Gotta check out the sequells.

man I dug up one of his classic movies from 1985 "Mismatched Couples / 情逢敵手" directed by Yuen Woo-Ping

Fucking hilarious makeup and Pink Shirt! :lol:

Peep the preview stills from 精武風雲.陳真 THE LEGEND OF CHEN ZHEN  :twothumbs

From facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/jing-wu-feng-yun-chen-zhen-THE-LEGEND-OF-CHEN-ZHEN/192883221929

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2010, 10:56:42 AM »
FUCK! This movie is gonna be so epic. Chen Zhen is THE FOLK HERO!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2010, 11:56:33 AM »
Donnie Yen's Action Film to Show at 35th TIFF     
2010-07-27 14:09:19     CRIENGLISH.com       Web Editor: zhucheng

A still of  "Legend of the Fist: The Return of Chen Zhen" [Photo: CFP]

Hong Kong star Donnie Yen's new action film, "Legend of the Fist: The Return of Chen Zhen," has been chosen as a special presentation film at the 35th Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF), Sina.com reports.

The festival committee announced the news on July 27, the day of Donnie Yen's birthday.

Due to scheduling conflicts, the cast may not all attend the 35th TIFF, which will be held from Sept 9 to 19, 2010. Lead actress Shu Qi will be filming director Feng Xiaogang's film, "If You Are the One 2."

The film has also been chosen as the second opening film for the Venice International Film Festival from Sept. 1 to 11.

"Legend of the Fist: The Return of Chen Zhen" will open in theaters on Sept 21.

awesome limited promo figures!

JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Buono! - Winter Story