JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: WINK - Eien No LADY DOLL

Author Topic: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread  (Read 993623 times)

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
Re: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread
« Reply #3340 on: May 16, 2017, 12:08:46 AM »
^ I've never heard of that either, might have to look into getting one myself..

but,  https://beam.pro/SkepticaLxCynic  I'm streaming live, join me as I play Forza Horizon 3 Hot Wheels and listen to UK Garage  :cow:

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #3341 on: May 16, 2017, 04:13:26 AM »

From todays' session. I got bored playing Lone Wolf, and this was the first group I was put in - Played several matches with them, and when we lost, everyone was down to run it again until we got it right. No team kills or stupid shit, it was refreshing (the last time i played ranked i kept getting killed by my own team to the point that i took the quitting early penalty rather than remain with those dick faces). I wish every fps game from now on would adopt the lean thing

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #3342 on: May 19, 2017, 07:39:16 PM »

Forza Horizon 3 Hot Wheels gameplay - this expansion is so much fun. The tracks really do feel like they're made of plastic (which is why it's hard for me to stay off the walls - sometimes you get launched off the track on some of those loops and stuff lol)

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #3343 on: May 26, 2017, 10:25:38 AM »

been playing Forza Horizon 3

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #3344 on: May 30, 2017, 07:16:03 PM »
Ghost Recon Wildlands Fallen Ghosts dlc is pretty cool so far - getting back to what makes Wildlands great (none of that Narco Road malarkey)

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #3345 on: June 06, 2017, 06:14:20 AM »
anyone else pre-order DIRT 4? I think i'm gonna broadcast, I don't remember the last time i was this excited for a game

mixer.com/SkepticaLxCynic

EDIT: yeah, it's fuckin' Meimei
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 07:39:00 AM by john_hung »

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #3346 on: June 10, 2017, 05:04:13 PM »

latest video, using a new video editing software  :cow:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3347 on: June 17, 2017, 04:16:06 PM »
E3 has come and gone for another year and left some cool announcements in it's wake. I'll go through the difference conferences and showcase what I liked the most out of it

EA - Oh boy. EA this year was rough. The worst showcase from them or any company in general that I've seen in a long while. Battlefront 2 looked cool but it's more of the same, it definitely didn't need a 30 min showcase of a multiplayer match. The most interesting game they showed was A Way Out, a strictly co op game from the creative minds behind Brothers : A Tale Of Two Sons.

Other than that the conference offered nothing else of interest with all it's talk of e-sports and far far too much talking rather than any demonstrations. The only thing that entertained me was delivering one of the most awkward moments of all E3

Microsoft - Heavily focused on the new console, the Xbox One X (terrible name...). It's capable of a lot, certainly powerful but...$500? Really guys? Assuming you have a 4K TV already, why pay $500 for a console when the PS4 Pro is also out? For all those MS exclusives? Forza is still great but for me MS doesn't have the same pedigree of exclusive games to justify the purchase. Some interesting games were showed though. Anthem, the game made by Bioware, looks absolutely unreal just looking at it. Hoping there's more of a Bioware pedigree story to it than what's shown here but still, one to look out for

Ubisoft - One of the strongest conferences for me, lots of cool looking games. Ubisoft makes so many games that are usually hit and miss, but the variety of them is important I think, it would be a poorer industry without them. They showed some of Assassins Creed Origins which makes me happy as a fan. Ancient Egypt is a setting I would have wanted to see for a long time.

They seem to deliver on the game I was hoping for with Skull and Bones, an expanded game on AC Black Flag's naval combat. Sadly no hand to hand combat, or single player mode but multiplayer naval skirmishes in tropical settings with sea shanties aplenty? Day One.

Another big surprise was just how good Mario & Rabbids looked! Was not expecting a turn based tactical RPG like XCOM!

Sony - We've been spoiled by Sony in recent times. They've announced some major surprises, long awaited sequels and projects fans can only dream of like a FF7 remake or Shenmue 3. None of those were shown, unfortunately, which is where disappointment for me sets in. I'm of the opinion now that games should really only be announced when they're within 9 months to a year of being released. As it stands, KH3 still doesn't have a release date after being announced 4 years ago and FF7 may as well never come out after news of issues during development requiring a change of personnel. Still, the conference did have some fantastic looking games and surprised including Monster Hunter:

God of War

And one of my favourites showings at E3 this year with Spiderman

Nintendo - Short and sweet, Nintendo announced more interesting titles for the Switch, most notably Mario Odyssey which looks charming as hell

And of course...Metroid Prime 4. It's just a logo, can't get too excited...but I've wanted a Metroid game for so long. The first Prime game might be my favourite game of all time so this announcement convinced me that I have to buy a Switch at some point. Could be a while before it comes out though.

Honrable Mention - The 2D Dragonball Z fighting game is winning multiple game of show awards and is a great showing of what makes E3 a great event by surprising people with something they didn't know they wanted until they see it. Dragonball holds a warm fuzzy place in my heart so seeing something that looks this good is really special.

What did you guys enjoy the most from E3 this year?

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #3348 on: June 18, 2017, 05:43:51 PM »
(looks like thank yous aren't loading for me rn)

Thanks for the review!! I actually missed E3 because of travels so it was nice to see some of the stuff coming out here! (E3 is one of those things I enjoy live, but can't be bothered watching after the fact - like Eurovision lolol)
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #3349 on: June 19, 2017, 02:10:37 AM »
^^ obvious choice for me would be Forza 7, except I just got my one s just before christmas - i'm not about to fork over 500 bucks for yet another xbox (plus i still don't even have a 4k tv yet, and atm i'm not in a hurry to get one). other than that i didn't really pay any attention to e3 this year  :sweatdrop:

also, i made a new video (this one features some cool liveries made by various forza painters, there's even a card captor sakura one  :twothumbs )

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #3350 on: June 19, 2017, 07:26:47 PM »
E3 thoughts:

Super Mario Odyssey looked amazing - gave me that kind of excitement that Mario Galaxy had. I even looked up what a Switch was all about after that.

The Xbox One X has a stupid name, and an even stupider price point - you can buy a PS4 and an Xbox One and have money left over to buy two games for the same price as that. I really don't know what the point is of the Pro and X tbh, since I've never even heard of anyone having a 4k TV before

Monster Hunter World looks good - and I've never played one before so quite interested in checking that out - although if you have to pay for online, may just skip it.

The only other game I remember reading about which looks interesting from my perspective from E3 was The Last Night, love the style of it.

Chihiro

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3351 on: June 21, 2017, 09:02:07 AM »
Last Night looks amazing yes, buuuut then you read the premise of the story is pretty lame (how equal pay and rampant feminism has made a dystopian hell scape by killing people's creative drive...somehow) and the fact the lead programmer is a massive GamerGater and it's like ugh, no thanks.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #3352 on: June 21, 2017, 12:20:22 PM »
^ LOL WTF
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline maruda

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3353 on: June 22, 2017, 07:44:17 AM »
Games from this year's E3 that interested me:

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
The Evil Within 2
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus
God of War
Spider-Man
Days Gone
Anthem
Vampyr
Call of Cthulhu

the Xbox One X (terrible name...)

And its initials spell out XBOX.
I venerate ample posteriors and, furthermore, I am unable to fabricate information.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #3355 on: June 28, 2017, 06:01:50 PM »
I've gotten to the point where I've become pretty exhausted with Forza Horizon 3, so I decided to buy Forza Horizon 2 - I had it on the 360, but was curious how different the Xbox One version was (the 360 version had no dlc or anything). Holy crap, it's essentially a totally different game. Aside from looking much better, it essentially plays just like FH3 - it's obvious that part 3 is picking up right there 2 left off - a lot of the core game mechanics and stuff are exactly the same (which is good) and thanks to the dlc, there are vehicles that weren't in the 360 version.

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #3356 on: July 05, 2017, 07:23:33 PM »

DIRT4 rallycross  :thumbup

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3357 on: July 10, 2017, 06:20:17 PM »
Finally! Reached LL400 in Destiny, was missing an artifact to go from 399.1 to 400, Eris care package came to the rescue  :)
Not enough time to do Raids and not many strikes, so mostly done with bounties and some quests (and in 21 days playtime)
Also managed to keep a 1000+ to 1 K/D ratio.

Time for D2...  8)2

Offline scorn

• オナニー
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3358 on: July 15, 2017, 09:57:11 PM »
MMORPG The Secret World relaunched as F2P
Beautifulest women of all time 1.)Kim Sohee 2.)Minatozaki Sana 3.)Myoui Mina 4.)Fukumura Mizuki 5.)Uemura Akari 6.)Yabuki Nako 7.)Oguri Yui 8.)Nashiko Momotsuki 9.)Na-yeon 10.)Ikuta Eripon

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #3359 on: July 17, 2017, 01:52:46 AM »
MiniMetro and Polybridge are fun, if difficult on mobile.

I played Switch at the Nintendo store in NYC and will buy one ASAP.

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: WINK - Eien No LADY DOLL