JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: misono - Complicated

Author Topic: When & Why did you start liking Nacchi?  (Read 13061 times)

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
When & Why did you start liking Nacchi?
« on: July 24, 2006, 02:11:04 PM »
This isn't just for those whose favourite member is Nacchi, but for anyone who likes her! What made Nacchi likeable to you? :D

I could write an essay about why I like Nacchi, but for now, I'll just share the moment she probably became my favourite. I'm not sure (my memory's bad about these things), but it may have been when I watched Pinch Runner in April 2004. Pinch Runner was one of those terrible Morning Musume movies, made in 2000. My first favourite in H!P was Yuko, and I started watching Pinch Runner for her. But Yuko's role was pretty small, whereas Nacchi's cuteness was everywhere. She was so adorable the day after I wrote a crazy loving fangirl post about her in one of my fan journals. So somehow I turned into a Nacchi fan... I quickly started loving pretty much everything about her. So I guess that's it. :D
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2006, 02:14:56 PM »
Nacchi was one of the first members to stand out when I started watching Morning Musume.

I could actually tell her apart from the others in Renai Revolution 21 and Motto Miracle Night.

It was the Do It Now PV that sold me on her though. She's so hot in it. :D

Offline huggumwuggums

• さゆみのLOVEマシーン
  • Member+
  • Soo Young = My genie
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2006, 02:18:49 PM »
I've liked Nacchi since I found out about Morning Musume which was about 1 year ago but I was really into her since I saw her act in Takaramono. What's not to like about her? She has cute face with a hot body, and she has that immature, yet seductive look that I can't really explain. In short, I :heart: Nacchi!

Offline kman1998

• Member+
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2006, 06:38:05 PM »
I like her from the song "love Machine". l feel her cuty, lovely and pretty.

Offline freya86

• Fangirl Extraordinaire
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2006, 11:35:25 PM »
I actually can name the date perfectly ... 2nd of August last year :P

I've only been into H!P for something over a year now and on this specific day I was watching a bunch of Ayaka's Surprise English Lessons.

One of them was Nacchi's "Where in Japan are you from?" and she was just so utterly adorable in it that I couldn't help but love her.

Now she's one of my Top3 members and, honestly, how can one not love Nacchi???

// renai revolution ~ a j-pop/h!p slash community~ // yuko . kei . aika . koha . kanna . nacchi //

Offline teth

• Member+
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2006, 04:49:01 AM »
OMG. There's a Nacchi board! I'm slow. :P

I became a fan of Nacchi...umm...back in 1999. I started out liking Asuka when she was graduating...but Nacchi's constant presence as the lead got me to notice her. And then, I was devastated to see her spotlight being taken away by Maki...and even more so when she lost her solo single debut and started gaining weight. I was very sad for her when she only sang backup in I WISH.

Anyway, long story short, I'll always support Nacchi!

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2006, 05:22:18 AM »
In spring 1999, I was re-introduced to Musume and Company.  And almost ALL I saw was Nacchi -- she really WAS Morning Musume.  Lead vocals, lead everything on TV.

And heck what's NOT to like? Anorexic Nacchi doing the sexy hip sway in "Summer Night Town" or chubby Nacchi losing in arm wrestling in the classic "Heso" games.  

Always upbeat, always a professional idol.  Yeah she's had some bumps along the way but that's show-biz.  

She became a SEXY idol when she gravitated to the solo stuff and I think I liked her even more -- it became OK to drool!  I NEVER thought she'd become a bikini babe!  She can do it all!

Offline Rei-chan

• Caribbean Queen
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2006, 09:16:04 AM »
For me it started when I was watching an episode of Hey!x3 Music Champ where Momusu was playing in some sort of games and races, and she just stood out so much for her natural cuteness... I kept thinking "I so wanna be like her~"  XD  Then I saw a performance of Mr. Moonlight on the same show and my attention then was captured by her and Yossi XD  After that, I started dl-ing MM stuff and that's pretty much it. She was always my favorite ^_^

++    Ongaku! Project   ++

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2006, 09:45:11 AM »
Pinch Runner might be a terrible movie but it was the best out of all the other crap H!P movies out there. XD

I loved Nacchi when I pitied her when she went to New York alone and had to get voice/acting training. I still remember that mean old white guy insulting her singing voice and she just had that WTF is he saying look on her and just nodding her head. And also when she "street entertained" ppl on the streets. I loved her even more in Prison Girl when she became this fucking hot.

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2006, 10:18:59 AM »
Quote from: Mugen
I loved Nacchi when I pitied her when she went to New York alone and had to get voice/acting training.

Oh, man...

"Asayan" took me for a ride during that segment (Fall 1999).  I REALLY believed that Nacchi was going to "level up" as they say in Nihongo.  I mean, New York City!  To paraphrase the famous song, "if you can make it there, you can boo Alex Rodriguez anywhere..."

So Nacchi gets voice lessons, dance lessons and... MIME lessons?  Yes, the segment began with the shooting of her first SOLO shashinshuu and ended with a public display of humuliation.  OUR dear gal making like a hobo on the streets.  I never forgave The producers of "Asayan" for wasting their budget on such a thing.

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2006, 11:45:56 AM »
LOL yea man. Shit, She looks like a freaking bum too when she was street entertaining.

Offline Shumatsu Samurai

• もっちぃ
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2006, 11:46:37 AM »
This picture (from ~2003):

I remember this well because it was almost like a shock that had me wondering what I was thinking all these years, why I didn't see her greatness.
While she was in Morning Musume I never really took much notice of her and didn't find her attractive or standing out or anything... *hides*
She really caught me unprepared and now she's one of my favorite H!P members.

Offline JTRIX

• Looking for Green Kame
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2006, 11:52:51 AM »
I actually liked Nacchi not from her being a MM member, but actually seeing her in the dorama Aiken Rosinante no Sainan when I was in HK. At that time I didn't know that Nacchi was in Morning Musume (because I had no intent of knowing MM in that time), and then later on when I got my interest into MM I realized that "this girl looked similar to this girl I saw in a dorama", then with some searches I found that she was Nacchi!
:lol:

but ya.... right now aside from her songs and performances in H!P I saw all her dorama and had a copy of each dorama she's in!

Aside - at that time there were these 3 girls in my school (elementary girls) who performed "Chu! Natsu Party" in the school concert and I didn't know that song was from H!P sang by Rika-chan, Aibon and Ayaya ~ ~ ~
:lol:
but at that time I knew the song very well (also the dance) because I was the stage manager + head technician and had to listen and watch them practice everyday!
The 5 beams: Sexy Beam, Mayuge Beam/Akabiman Beam, Miracle Beam, and Usa-Chan Beam

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2006, 11:59:37 AM »
Quote from: Mugen
LOL yea man. Shit, She looks like a freaking bum too when she was street entertaining.

But wasn't she also cute as hell?!? :lol: I remember dying from cuteness watching it.

Maybe I'm weird, but I actually liked the mime thing and stuff. It was one of those "is there anything Nacchi can't do (to entertain)??" kind of moments for me :P

Loving everyone's stories, please keep them coming!!
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline aedon

• Member+
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2006, 01:46:57 PM »
I blame shirenu.

Seriously, I can't remember when I started to like Nacchi. It's like she's always been one of my favorites. I think it's must've been around "Koi no Hana" time when I was totally converted to Nacchism though, because the song pwned and she was über-kawaii in the PV <3

I think if you don't fall in love or at least fancy Abe at first sight you have a heart of stone XD

絶 望 も 希 望 も な い 空 の よ う に 透 き 通 っ て い た い

Offline Princess Pudding

• Member+
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2006, 06:58:36 PM »
I'm not even a fan of her, but I LOVE her cute expressions she makes :lol:

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2006, 09:19:03 PM »
I started liking her when I saw this:

:drool:

Quote from: shirenu
Loving everyone's stories, please keep them coming!!
I think my "story" is the low point of this thread :lol:
« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 10:40:03 PM by Masa »

Offline JaisBane

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2006, 11:30:13 PM »
If I remember correctly, back when I first saw the PV for "Daite! Hold on Me" in late 98 in an import store in NYC, Nacchi was the one that stood out the most to me.  After that I more or less put MM on the back burner until I stumbled across Love Machine and got sucked into the madness.  At that point my favorite members were Yaguchi and Yuko, but Nacchi was always high on my list as well.  My "Nacchi-dom" probably reached its highpoint when Kiiro5 came out, that pv was simply infectious.

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2006, 12:08:51 AM »
Quote from: shirenu
But wasn't she also cute as hell?!? :lol: I remember dying from cuteness watching it.

Maybe I'm weird, but I actually liked the mime thing and stuff. It was one of those "is there anything Nacchi can't do (to entertain)??" kind of moments for me :P

Yea she was cute! but she also had that I'm lonely and depressed look on her face. LOL

Offline boykun

• トマトケチャップ 100% OK
  • Member+
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2006, 12:17:32 AM »
since the first Hello! Morning I watched,
which was the 2003 new year's special,
where in the skit was

she just stood out in the episode is all.

JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: misono - Complicated