JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Sunny Hill - The Grasshopper Song

Author Topic: RIP, Miyuki Kanbe  (Read 8044 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
RIP, Miyuki Kanbe
« on: June 21, 2008, 08:20:20 AM »
Miyuki Kanbe  (May 7, 1984 - June 20, 2008) star of Sailor Moon the Musical 3rd Stage, Kamen Rider Hibiki  and Battle Royale II passed away June 20th due to heart failure. She was only 24  :(

Source: http://sankei.jp.msn.com/entertainments/entertainers/080621/tnr0806210805003-n1.htm

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
Re: RIP, Miyuki Kanbe
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2008, 08:33:05 AM »
Sunnovabitch! :stunned:

R.I.P.
:prayers:

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline kuno_thunder

• Dance, dance, dance til we run this town!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2008, 08:55:41 AM »
Its always weird to hear about people younger than you passing away, especially ones who actually did something with their lives.  Rest in Peace, Kanbe san.

Offline Kanki

• Kanki-tastic
  • Member+
  • Ooh La-La!
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2008, 08:56:24 AM »
I'm super upset by this ;___;  Here is what I wrote to my LJ.

of my TOP favorite idols of all time, so much that my email address is that of her character in BR2.

Here's the Sanspo article: http://www.sanspo.com/geino/news/080621/gnj0806210504015-n1.htm

I'll translate it below (don't use without permission please..):

3rd Stage Sailormoon of the Sailormoon Musicals, and actress in the movie "Battle Royale II", Kanbe Miyuki has passed away of heart failure on the 18th at 4:08am, at the Kawasaki-shi hospital and had been announced on the 20th. She was 24 years old. 2 years ago in February, Miyuki had to leave her position in "LeMis" to enter back and forth into the hospital. She dreamed of being an actress as well as a fashion icon again, and believed that she would recover from her illness, but she was also unable to do that as well.

She had done a variety of things, stage plays, movies, she was a broad idol who had to leave at the youthful age of 24.

A coworker from her company "Rouge" stated, "Her relatives watched over as she passed away. The body had a peaceful facial expression. A nice child and I urged her on until the last moment, she gave it her all, always..." (hard to translate that)

Last year in February and June she couldn't perform on stage. She went into the hospital to get tested and continuously had to enter and leave the hospital. Just this month on the 9th in Tokyo in Shibuya at her office she met with the company president and had a healthy figure.

Previously she would make old clothes into western-clothes because her interest in fashion was high, on the 9th she said, "I don't just want to do acting, I also want to try and express fashion through photographs as my work," that was her burning desire. However, this week she entered and her physical condition took a sudden turn and she had to have an emergency hospitalization. Her relatives watched over her inside, as she had quiet breaths.

Around 2000 she did an audition for "Bishoujo senshi sailormoon" musicals and landed the leading part of Tsukino Usagi out of 500 other applicants; she entered the world of show business. In one bound she become popular. After this she performed in the film "Battle Royale II", Drama "Kamen Rider" and other performances. Opinions were that she strained her body in LesMis and thus she had to drop out. Toho production company offered her, "If your health becomes better, we really wish for you to return."

Also, people who knew Miyuki and were delighted by her had now become really shocked, they felt it was an April Fools type of joke and thought it was just an announcement of her retiring, many surprising emails were sent. Many people talked about her cheerful character.

Her funeral service is on the 21st at the Kawasaki funeral hall and will just be with close relatives.

Offline ichijoujirena

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2008, 04:46:23 AM »
I never had the chance to fully watch her musicals, but all of the clips I had seen of her were amazing. Definitely my 2nd favorite Moon actress.

This news was just so...sudden. :mon waterworks:

Offline Jeani

• Member+
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2008, 05:34:17 PM »
I´m really sad  :cry:

R.I.P ;_;

Offline genericpaperdoll

• マスタ☆ピンク。
  • Member+
  • neverending.white.light
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2008, 06:01:56 PM »
Oh, man. This is so sad... It's always sad when people so young pass and Miyuki was my 2nd favorite Moon. Rest in Peace.  :'(
Dollie's GraphicsI'll Never Forget You ♦

Offline Blu-Cherri

• Figure of Sorrow
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Figure of Loneliness
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2008, 10:57:11 PM »
I found out a day or two after it happened as was in shock.(missed this thread though)
I still can't believe it to an extent.  Only a few moths before had she become my favourite moon(after purchasing and watching her first musical, I've not watched the rest apart from clips because I want to own them)
She was Sailor Moon to me and I loved her voice and how was was on stage.

R.I.P

set made by me
Here's me singing and dancing!
http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=15604.0

Offline hydeo1

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2008, 05:14:56 PM »
dont have other girl of that sailor moon live who died other day ?? or is this one ??

tsc, poor  Miyuki, with only 24 years and occours this :\

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2008, 10:23:07 PM »
I came across these and thought I'd share...such potential to be an even bigger star. Look how artsy and elegant her Navi  PB was.

Kanbe Miyuki - I am Rainbow 2000 (59p)

DOWNLOAD
http://www.mediafire.com/?styl25qjysx

Kanbe Miyuki - Navi ( 80Pics) (2004)

DOWNLOAD
http://www.mediafire.com/?ujah8bhynng

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2008, 10:48:31 PM »
^
Just lovely. :yep:

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline Kirigirisu

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • チュlip~
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2008, 11:25:32 PM »
That's awful, I remember watching the Seramyu years ago and thought she was pretty damn good, she was so young!

Offline mastermind05

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2009, 06:52:47 PM »
she is still young... just 2 years younger from me but... she is already a star while iam nobody... but why she pass away so early?

Offline jhluva

• Member+
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2009, 10:28:38 PM »
I know this thread is old, but I just had to say this is still so sad for me.. she was my second favorite Moon actress, and I still can't believe she died so young. And I had just heard that she was getting better, since she'd been in the hospital for a while... she had to cancel her role as Eponine in Les Miserables because of poor health, but was excited to be feeling better... :( It's still weird listening to her singing and thinking that she died.
~*~HAPPY PRINCESS SPARKLES... OR SOMETHING~*~

JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Sunny Hill - The Grasshopper Song