JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Morning Musume - Do it now

Author Topic: Hello! Pro QUESTIONS  (Read 335442 times)

Offline mini*wheat

• @Shell_Maree
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Mini<3sRina
    • shell_maree
    • shell_maree
Re: Hello! Pro QUESTIONS
« Reply #920 on: October 30, 2008, 05:11:17 AM »
No (at least not that I've been personally made aware of). They did have a cheer song for the Rakuten Eagles which was The Manpower. That's about the closet thing they have to like... a big national thing I guess. Not that it's close to a television show/anime or whatever. Haha.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 05:52:02 AM by mini*wheat »

:::Twitter
::Rest in Peace, Jabs. You'll be forever missed. <3::

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #921 on: October 30, 2008, 06:57:30 AM »
I don't think you could call this a major drama, but  Victory!~Futto Girls no Seishun had Go Girl~Koi no Victory~ as the theme song.

I suppose you could make a case for Hyokkori Hyoutanjima since it was the theme to a TV show, except that the single from Morning Musume was a cover.
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #922 on: October 30, 2008, 10:44:16 PM »
Thanks for the info.... just as I thought. 

I just think that if they could start having a tie-in single with either a dorama, series, programs or movies, they could have a bigger appeal to the general public.  Many popular artists nowadays usually have or had tie-in singles to such j-doramas, tv programs, anime series and movies.

But I guess even without such tie-in, they're still capable of good sales... But if they do have a tie-in, they could possibly increase their sales and popularity in the japanese public. 
If maybe Takahashi Ai's dorama is able to have a MoMusu or even an Ai-chan's solo song as a theme or insert song, it could definitely help. it may be a small step, but still a significant one.

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #923 on: October 31, 2008, 08:48:49 PM »
What is the official spelling of the Kirarin combo? Is it Milky Way? Or Milkyway? Or both? (like with the varied spellings for Biyuden)

Offline Naomi

• Member+
« Reply #924 on: October 31, 2008, 08:56:45 PM »
What is the official spelling of the Kirarin combo? Is it Milky Way? Or Milkyway? Or both? (like with the varied spellings for Biyuden)
It's MilkyWay. It's written that way on Hello!Project.com and on their singles as well.

Offline Anton_91

• [El_Rango]
  • Member+
  • [BerryZ iz da besuto!]
« Reply #925 on: November 01, 2008, 08:39:56 PM »
Wasn't there an announcement in the beginning of 2008 (Around the times of 16sai no Koi Nante) that one of the C-ute kids would debut solo during 2008?  :? Or have I been dreaming?  :P

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #926 on: November 01, 2008, 08:53:33 PM »
I don't remember hearing of such news, and a quick search of the forum for c-ute and "solo" or "debut" doesn't give anything like what you're talking about.

Similarly, no such news has been posted on hello-online.
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline Koolmon93

• Member+
  • Karaoke is srs bznz.
« Reply #927 on: November 01, 2008, 09:24:09 PM »
That news was concerning a new solist IIRC, but that turned out to be Mano Erina, not an H!P Kid.

*Set by Gypchan*

Offline strawb3rrykream

• JPHiP's official imouto <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
« Reply #928 on: November 02, 2008, 06:59:19 AM »
So I was watching this game show (I wanna say it's called Quiz Sappuri, but IDK), and Kinoshita Yukina from the 5th gen auditions was on it. I looked her up and found that she's a gravure idol and model.
Does anyone have any info about how she got in the business? Did it happen right after losing the audition or was it something more recent?
Thanks, if anyone has an answer. I'm just curious. :lol:

Offline tiny

• bananasama
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #929 on: November 02, 2008, 10:11:53 AM »
Kinoshita Yukina was 13 when she participated in the 5th gen auditions (2001). Japanese Wikipedia says that she was a Yankii and a leader of a youth gang in junior high school. Let's just say she went to school. XD

In 2006 Yukina (age 18) was scouted by her agency in Shibuya. In 2007 she became the San-Ai Swimwear image girl for that year. That's when her career really took of. She appeared on many TV shows including Quiz Hexagon II. On that show she met another girl who auditioned for Morning Musume: Satoda Mai. Together with Suzanne they form the J-Pop group Pabo.

Offline strawb3rrykream

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
« Reply #930 on: November 02, 2008, 05:10:04 PM »
^
Ok, thanks. :lol: Damn, she was a yankii? :w00t: I can see it.

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #931 on: November 07, 2008, 09:30:12 PM »
ok I remember that I read a morning musume "featured artists" page @ jpopmusic.com in 2003, 5 years ago (but the links doesn't work anymore).  Back then I wasn't a particularly huge fan like I am now, I just decided to read up on them after watching the Love Machine PV.  I remember reading about how Tsunku would annually sent the girls to a shrine and have them do chores, pray and stay for several days.  Is this regard to the training camps for auditions or does the members actually participate as well?
I dunno why, but I just thought of this now, so I'm curious...

Offline ~Dan~

• Happyyyy~~~
  • Member+
« Reply #932 on: November 08, 2008, 02:57:26 AM »
ok I remember that I read a morning musume "featured artists" page @ jpopmusic.com in 2003, 5 years ago (but the links doesn't work anymore).  Back then I wasn't a particularly huge fan like I am now, I just decided to read up on them after watching the Love Machine PV.  I remember reading about how Tsunku would annually sent the girls to a shrine and have them do chores, pray and stay for several days.  Is this regard to the training camps for auditions or does the members actually participate as well?
I dunno why, but I just thought of this now, so I'm curious...

It's not an annual thing, it only happens during the audition process. The finalists (usually approx 10 to 12 girls) go to a temple for around 3 days where they do cleaning, cooking, voice training.  Tsunku then looks at how each girl has improved before and after and uses this (among other criteria) to help choose the winners.
Not all generations did it, only 1st, 3rd & 4th.  2nd gen didn't, and I'm fairly sure the later generations didn't do it either, (I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.)
I don't think it's a H!P thing, I think 70's idols did something similar.
Sig gone. Tinypic is no more.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #933 on: November 08, 2008, 12:09:58 PM »
5th, 6th & 8th gen also did training camp, but not sure it was exactly the same (a temple or what)... And there was one for 7th gen audition, the one that didn't have any winners. :lol: Koharu didn't do the camp. Also H!P Taiwan audition had a camp like this.
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline ~Dan~

• Happyyyy~~~
  • Member+
« Reply #934 on: November 08, 2008, 08:04:46 PM »
5th, 6th & 8th gen also did training camp, but not sure it was exactly the same (a temple or what)... And there was one for 7th gen audition, the one that didn't have any winners. :lol: Koharu didn't do the camp. Also H!P Taiwan audition had a camp like this.

Ah ok.  I just remember that Asayan stopped before 5th gen so there weren't really any shows to show that sort of thing any more.  Musix showed some stuff on 5th gen and probably Hello Morning showed some tiny clips of the later ones, but the later stuff was never as good as the Asayan stuff which is probably why I've forgotten it. :lol:
Sig gone. Tinypic is no more.

Offline strawb3rrykream

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
« Reply #935 on: November 09, 2008, 06:11:39 PM »
Does anyone know what Gaki and Ai-chan's little sister's names are? I know it's a long shot but maybe someone knows? :D

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #936 on: November 10, 2008, 04:53:47 AM »
Up-Front Works handles several labels under it's name and with 3 that's connected to other companies.

Epic Records is own by Sony Music Japan and Piccolo Town is own by King Records.  Which one belongs to Pony Canyon?

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #937 on: November 10, 2008, 06:01:10 AM »
Up-Front Works handles several labels under it's name and with 3 that's connected to other companies.

Epic Records is own by Sony Music Japan and Piccolo Town is own by King Records.  Which one belongs to Pony Canyon?
Piccolo Town is under UFA dude.
http://wiki.theppn.org/Up-Front_Works

As far as Pony Canyon goes, it's a subsidiary of the Fujisankei Communications Group (who also do the Fuji TV Network). 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fujisankei_Communications_Group

You can tell the two of them (Pony Canyon and Fuji TV) are linked by the fact that they have the same logo on their official websites.

EDIT:
Pony Canyon
Official Site - http://www.ponycanyon.co.jp/
Wiki - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pony_Canyon

Fuji Television
Official Site - http://www.fujitv.co.jp/en/index.html
Wiki - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuji_Television
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 06:03:32 AM by JFC »

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #938 on: November 10, 2008, 07:44:39 AM »
^but isn't Pony Canyon distribute one of the labels under UFA? isn't there a connection between UFA and Pony Canyon? 

UPDATE:  I just found some info, It seems hachama is the label handle by Pony Canyon, so there's the connection. 
and Piccolo Town is handled by King Records, I mean, maybe not own like I said previously.
It seems UFA owns the labels, but it's handled/distributed by its' respective parent company. 
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 07:48:40 AM by BigDnm01 »

Offline tiny

• bananasama
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #939 on: November 10, 2008, 11:12:30 AM »
Up-Front does not do record distribution or own a distributor itself. Therefor works of Up-Front owned labels are distributed by Pony Canyon, King Records and Sony Music Distribution. There is most likely no other relationship between these record distributors and Up-Front than their business dealings (no ownership).

JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Morning Musume - Do it now