JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: WINK - Sugar Baby Love

Author Topic: The Fukuda Asuka Thread (福田明日香)  (Read 33557 times)

Offline Mucca

• Go! Amazon Goddess!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: The Fukuda Asuka Thread (福田明日香)
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2010, 07:22:15 PM »
My Asuka story: I've always liked her voice, and thought she got kind of the short shrift because, even though she was essentially the co-lead vocalist of early MoMusu, she was an afterthought after Nacchi (mind you, I understand why Nacchi got the big spotlight push, but I still think Asuka got the short end of the stick)
Favourite thing(s) about Asuka: She was actually really down to earth and mature, especially considering she was the youngest one in MoMusu when she joined.
A memorable performance: A bit cliche, perhaps, but her graduation song, "Never Forget"

A picture that I like:

A video that I like: When she reappeared briefly in 2006

Other comments: I loved when Kei reported in her blog that Asuka was there when the Elder Club graduated last year. It's nice to know that whatever old wounds were there apparently healed enough for her to do that. Also, I sometimes wonder how MoMusu would have been different had Asuka not jumped ship early -- do we still get Maki Goto in 1999? What about the Golden Era? Does that still happen if Asuka stays?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 07:39:24 PM by Mucca »

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2010, 06:49:03 AM »
My Asuka story: True, I don't know much about her. She was always quiet in the Utaban and Asayan episodes I watched. Great singer. Hilarious in a swimsuit, shit wasn't she the youngest at the time? Awesome to see her back around, floating  with books and tabloids. Whatever!! Mystery!!
Favourite thing(s) about Asuka: Admire her for being one of the ORIGINAL Musume.
A memorable performance: MEMORIES!!!

A picture that I like: nice tube top

A video that I like: heartwarming backstage footage

Other comments: Fucking hell, she reminds me of a slimmer version of my ex. This ain't gonna help my Anti-Struggle quest. :/

Dont forget to grab her Grad concert in the sticky thread above!!

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2010, 08:15:58 AM »
OLD SCHOOL!! :rockon:

knowing full well no one will be posting in this thread again, might as well milk it.

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2011, 01:55:03 AM »
a slighty different  montage of Asuka singing never forget 

Offline flamingmoe

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2011, 05:47:26 PM »

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2011, 06:11:23 PM »
HOLY SHIT!!!! :w00t: She's the one I never thought I'd see coming back! Omg! She's so pretty! Wtf!
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2011, 06:16:09 PM »
^ Totally agreed, well I hope her success for the long run
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline shainingj

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ~ IshiYoshi ~ No doubt about their friendship
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2011, 09:43:25 PM »
^ ^ same here.
And she was able to come back because she do have a wonderful voice.
If I may say the best in MM.

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2011, 12:11:50 AM »
Looks like she finally reconsidered the pleas from Whitney Houston Whiskey Hoston to stay active with music...

It's just a shame that she won't be able to work with her biggest American fan...

Old Utaban jokes aside, it's great to see that Asuka managed to maintain that voice of hers after all these years...and she's looking better than ever! Definitely a big surprise to see her resurface. The song title, "Fushichou ~Phoenix~", is quite fitting.
ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2011, 06:57:34 AM »
With this new group debuting this week, here's a short news article on Peace$tone:
http://www.rbbtoday.com/article/2011/11/08/82777.html
They're signed to a company called K&A, and the other two members are vocalist "TERRA" and guitarist/programmer "Yaman-chang".

And here's the whole song:

Sounds decent--I like the funky, percussive intro--but doesn't exactly set my world on fire. Still, I feel like the song has potential to do well...in fact...

(yes, I've been saving that one for a while)
ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

Offline MaxMcKay

• Chaotic Neutral
  • Member+
  • Offence is taken, not given
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2011, 07:03:11 AM »
To quote a post from another forum (not by me of course)
Well overall, the vocal talent WAS better in the old days of H!P and MM. Asuka is only one example. IMO, 99% of 1-5 gen could sing well, and those who couldn't still knew how to sing in a way that their voices didn't completely suck. Their tone wasn't screechy, even though some had higher voices. Because most of my favorites are at least on that list because of their vocal talent, I feel like the first 5 gens were overall the best. We got some good singers after that, Miki, Eri, Reina (when she's not whiny), Linlin... In terms of vocal talent recently, 10th gen is better than 9th overall, but neither are anywhere near what Asuka was. I mention Asuka for a few reasons... And second, she was 12 when the group was founded (iirc). 12. TWELVE. The age of the current newbies is around the same age as Asuka was. But these newbies are nowhere near as amazing... They let go a girl like Murakami Sara, the BEST singer in the 10th gen auditions. They brought in Meimi to S/mileage, with her high picth squeaky voice. No, it's not because she was 12 when she joined. Asuka was 12 too. I mean, I never became a huge Asuka fan, for the simple reason that she wasn't around very long and I didn't get to see her in many clips and such. But in terms of liking her voice, that, I do. She had an AMAZING voice all those years ago, and even now, her voice is even more amazing. But she was in MM in the first gen. In the very beginning, when they were all about harmonizing and vocal quality. Now, they just don't care as much anymore. Kare to Issho ni Omise ga Shitai is one of MM's latest songs. All that chanting with sub-par vocals as the lead... There's no emphasis on vocal talent in H!P anymore. They have a few scattered songs with nice harmonies, here and there... Like Kono Ai wo Kasanete. That has nice harmonies, and the singers can actually carry a tune, in recording and live performances. They are from 5th gen. The second A-side mentioned earlier, was led by the 6th gen. The vocal quality was not half as good. That's just more of why I believe first gen through fifth gen had the best singers, overall. I think first gen is particularly amazing though. A 5nin group who sound amazing together, with beautiful harmonization and overall vocal quality. H!P has a few good singers scattered throughout, right now, but they're really not as good as they were in the early days, overall. I'm happy for Asuka's comeback to the music industry, and I'm glad she's focusing on actual music, rather than idol music. It suits her beautiful voice more than H!P ever could.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 07:09:25 AM by MaxMcKay »

Morning Musume died on December 15 2010 RIP ● S/mileage died on August 27 2011 RIP

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2011, 02:31:47 AM »
Asukacchi, お誕生日おめでとうございます!! :deco:

Asuka turns 27 today (December 17) !!!

Offline Mucca

• Go! Amazon Goddess!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2012, 03:47:54 AM »
Peace$tone live back in July:

Offline muppet

• Member+
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2012, 04:48:27 AM »
Live performance was fantastic! Asuka and her band mates deserve success, their talent is clear!

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2012, 12:42:03 PM »
Fukuda Asuka Interview Translation
Posted by suki beam ~~~<3, 28 October 2012

This is my translation of an interview Fukuda-san gave that was posted HERE on 2012.10.16. There was a lot of vocabulary I wasn't familiar with and relied on my Japanese dictionary a lot, so please excuse any mistakes as I tried to capture the meaning as best I could.

~~~~~~~
"Former MoMusu Fukuda Asuka Debuted Again"

Idol group Morning Musume's former member Fukuda Asuka (age 27) has been active in an Indies group. She retired from the world of show business at the time of her graduation in 1999, and last year made a comeback as a member of the 3-person unit PEACE$TONE. Until this, she had minimal exposure in musical activities. Why the comeback? Why a unit? Fukuda spoke for the first time to the media following her re-debut.

The 15th of last month was MoMusu's 15th anniversary event, and Fukuda commented on the topic for the first time in a long time. She graduated 13 years ago. During that time, she hadn't kept acquaintances up, resulting in a quiet re-entrance to musical activities and being ranked on Yahoo!Topics. Their name is PEACE$TONE. In October of last year, she re-debuted on their album "Double Fantasy".

"I didn't intentionally think 'I will make a comeback'. I had some long-standing friendly relations with the vocalist from TERRA, as well as the guitarist Yaman Chang, who talked about wanting to do a new band and I said 'If that's the case, I want to participate!'. When they started working on songs, it seemed things were taking shape, but I didn't want to do anything if it was solo."

One can say those two originated from an Indies band, and from the start they had planned to become famous with their activity. Their first live was at Tokyo's local Ootaku Nation Festival. For the locals, they couldn't believe that, before their very eyes, former-MoMusu Fukuda was singing, so they thought they were mistaken. At a live in March of last year, on Douga Kyouyuu's service "Niconico Live Broadcast", nobody recognized Fukuda.

"About 9000 people accessed it, though. But having that sort of status was thrilling. Hearing comments like 'that girl vocalist is promising' made me happy."

It was certainly an "Era of Disguise" during that time, but she was unfortunately exposed afterward. Again, the world began inquiring about her work. Though the degree of her exposure couldn't be helped, she says she began to reconsider because of it.

Nevertheless, the question of her relationship with MoMusu began to arise. Currently, she doesn't have contact information for the producer Tsunku nor the members of MoMusu, so there is no interaction.

However, regarding reports of her rejoining her original agency, she says 'I'm satisfied with my current activities' but she supports them by listening to MoMusu.

Sure enough, Fukuda at least had an arbitrary "reunion" with Kago Ai (24). It was in 2010, when she went to see a live of the reggae unit Def Tech at Summer Sonic. As for that dear face...

"Kago-chan was singing jazz. I thought 'Ah! It's Kago-chan!', and I was one of the people at the front of the stage getting really excited and going 'Yaaaay'. But then I took a step back and realized 'Ah! I was also in MoMusu. If I get recognized it could become an issue'. I drew an excessively long blank at the sensation of being an ordinary person."

As for the members she was a member with, they are making efforts and working hard at marriages, being parents, as well as being talents. Fukuda is rooting for the girls and sees them as rivals.

~~~~

It ends with a blurb about her doing a 6-month project for Oricon called "Minna Tabibito", beginning November 3rd.

http://www.hello-online.org/index.php?/blog/789/entry-11440-fukuda-asuka-interview-translation/

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2012, 03:12:51 PM »
Happy 28th Birthday to Fukuda Asuka!  :twothumbs

Offline scorn

• オナニー
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2015, 06:45:59 PM »
PEACE$TONE is releasing their second album on March 14th 2015, in limited quantities. Available for purchase at live venues or at the band's mail order site.

Title: Door's~夢の住人~
Cat nr: ORCL-1001

https://twitter.com/PEACESTONE_info/status/571327545120960514
Beautifulest women of all time 1.)Kim Sohee 2.)Minatozaki Sana 3.)Myoui Mina 4.)Fukumura Mizuki 5.)Uemura Akari 6.)Yabuki Nako 7.)Oguri Yui 8.)Nashiko Momotsuki 9.)Na-yeon 10.)Ikuta Eripon

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2015, 07:29:46 PM »
Found this almost by accident (hence the lateness). Omedetou Asuka!  :twothumbs

Former Morning Musume Member Asuka Fukuda Announces Pregnancy & Marriage
1 September, 2015

Former Morning Musume member Asuka Fukuda has announced that she has gotten married and is pregnant with her first child.

Fukuda is currently the vocalist of the band PEACE$TONE. She announced her marriage and pregnancy through the band's official website.

In the announcement, Fukuda revealed that she has been married since the spring.

Due to her pregnancy, PEACE$TONE will be going on temporary hiatus as she prepares for childbirth and motherhood.

Fukuda is expected to give birth later this year.
- http://www.jpopasia.com/news/former-morning-musume-member-asuka-fukuda-announces-pregnancy-and-marriage::18266.html

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline scorn

• オナニー
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2017, 04:05:45 AM »
Gold still shine & doesn't lose its luster, not even after 20 years

Beautifulest women of all time 1.)Kim Sohee 2.)Minatozaki Sana 3.)Myoui Mina 4.)Fukumura Mizuki 5.)Uemura Akari 6.)Yabuki Nako 7.)Oguri Yui 8.)Nashiko Momotsuki 9.)Na-yeon 10.)Ikuta Eripon

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: WINK - Sugar Baby Love