JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Viyuden - Ja Ja Uma Paradise

Author Topic: 2007, The Year in DORAMA: discuss your favs!  (Read 3378 times)

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
2007, The Year in DORAMA: discuss your favs!
« on: December 27, 2007, 07:02:05 AM »
the year is coming to an end and a new year full of dorama's is just around the corner! what were some of y'all's favs? some of y'all's disappointments? how about some favorite performances? no poll, cus there's like 20 doramas a season, but go head and throw out some names!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 07:54:23 PM by tenkei »

facebook | signatures by boykun. ava by rei-chan. | basugasubakuhatsu

Offline boykun

• トマトケチャップ 100% OK
  • Member+
Re: 2007, The Year in DORAMA: discuss your favs!
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2007, 01:27:04 AM »
I didn't watch many dramas and mostly stuck with the less serious ones, but picking a favorite from each season:

Winter
Hana Yori Dango 2  Just more of the same charm from the first season. Some nice guest appearances and great engrish. "leave, her, arrone."

Spring
LIAR GAME  Good premise, crazy plot twists, and an overly cute Toda Erika, amongst other great performances. To top things off, a killer soundtrack by capsule's Nakata Yasutaka.

Summer
Hanazakari to Kimitachi e  Silly and off the wall. I found this to be the funniest drama I saw this year. Despite the all male cast, they made the show hilarious. Horikita can't look like a guy even if she wanted to.

Fall
Galileo  As the trend of detective dramas continue, Galileo presents more elaborate and complex cases which make science look cool. Good performances by the main cast and great guest appearances on each episode.
Iryu 2  Iryu was my favorite drama last year, and it's sequel might be this years. It's got a "very cool" vibe and it's seriousness is balanced with well placed comedy, tuned to an effective soundtrack.

And other favorites and stuff like that:

Performance by female

Toda Erika as Kanzaki Nao (LIAR GAME)  Nao was stupid but cute as a button. She had cool style and stuff, lol.

Performance by male

Ikuta Toma as Nakatsu Shuichi (Hanazakari to Kimitachi e)  He provided a lot of the comedy and the dilemma about being gay or not was hilarious.

Soundtrack
LIAR GAME (Nakata Yasutaka)  Great electronica and haunting ambiance that accented the mood the whole way through.
Iryu 2 (Sawano Hiroyuki, Kono Shin)  Blending sweeping orchestras and crunchy guitar riffs added to it's coolness factor, and sweet melodies to make you all teary.

Theme song
the brilliant green - Stand by me (Tantei Gakuen Q)  Mellow, but rocking single from buriguri after their hiatus.
YUKI - Hoshikuzu Sunset (Papa to Musume no Nanokan)  YUKI driving along and keeping it real with a bouncy pop tune.

Welp, that's it. Maybe I'll add other stuff later.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2007, 01:38:02 AM by boykun »

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2007, 09:10:41 AM »
Stealing boykun's format.

* Winter
Sexy Voice and Robo
Loved the whole morale thing throughout the series, and Nico's monologues at the end of every episodes were nice. Best part was probably the cast and the guest stars, they couldn't have picked anyone better. Also, the OST by Nakatsuka Takeshi is just brilliant.

Watashitachi no Kyoukasho
Kanno Miho! Probably my favorite drama of the year, and it even had some epic twists. I'd praise the cast, but in this case the writers were the superior ones.

* Summer
LIFE
Bullies, bullying and some more bullying! Again, the cast are to thank for.

Tantei Gakuen Q
Started off really well with some interesting cases, but the last phase just felt really slow. It was still memorable in its ways, though.

Fall
Abarenbou Mama
Ooizumi You is hilarious for various reasons so I decided to check it out since it also had Ueto Aya. I was not disappointed. The little kid was mad cute with that perm of his. :lol:

* Performance by female
Oogo Suzuka as Hayashi Nico (Sexy Voice and Robo)
They gave her like the weirdest wardrobe ever, but it's all good. :lol:

* Performance by male
Ooizumi You as Kawano Tetsu (Abarenbou Mama)
Pimp of the season, hooking up with Ueto Aya and all. He wasn't that much different than his character on variety shows, but I guess I wouldn't have wanted it any other way.

* Soundtrack
Sexy Voice and Robo (Nakatsuka Takeshi)
Epic jazzy soundtrack that really added to the drama's atmosphere.

* Theme song
Bonnie Pink - Water me (Watashitachi no Kyoukasho)
A fitting song for the dark drama.

Mitsuki - Hitotsu dake (Sexy Voice and Robo)
Great newcomer of the year. I totally didn't expect her to be 15 with that voice of hers.

Offline sousora

• Winter is coming.
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 从・ゥ・从
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2007, 09:16:59 AM »
Without a doubt LIFE was the best drama of the year for me, and the only one I watched the full way through. Just amazing in every single way. The acting, the storyline, the fact that I was wishing for the week to go by faster just so I could see what would happen next.

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2008, 01:04:08 AM »
aight, i'll post my things!! format jackmove~

winter
Tokyo Tower
fucking awesome. great acting all around, REALLY sad. not a lot of people watched, but it was just a great story.

spring
Tokkyu Tanaka 3go
hilarious as all fuck, GREAT GREAT supporting work as well as an awesome debut lead performance from Koki.

summer
Hanazakari no Kimitachi he
another really funny show. horikita at her best, also great support work from the ensemble cast, ikuta toma, oguri shun, etc.

fall
Galileo
holy shit what a show! great leads, great stories, INTERESTING cases. the best of the detective influx this year

Utahime
i really loved the story of this one, nice acting from nagase and aibu saki too. and the ending is just a fucking heart breaker!!

performance by female
Toda Erika (LIAR GAME)
great performance from toda. she played the innocent, confused girl all too well and quite cutely XD

performance by male
Tanaka Koki (Tokkyu Tanaka 3go)
his first lead role (afaik) and it was great! really funny, yet believable. i was worried he wouldnt be able to carry a show, but i was damn wrong

Akiyama Ryuji (Tokkyu Tanaka 3go)
FUCKING HILARIOUS. nuff said.

wtf... i dont get it
Sexy Voice and Robo
everyone loved this show. i couldnt stand it!! i hated the dude (robo), i think he's a horrible actor (he sucks balls as L in death note) XD i watched like 2 and half eps and couldnt take it anymore... but w/e at least most people liked it XD
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 07:55:14 PM by tenkei »

Offline suki*

• Shweet Bitch
  • Member+
  • mikitty~!! ^o^
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2008, 07:14:33 AM »
Winter
Hana Yori Dango 2  The irritant factor was A LOT higher this season than the first, but still overall the most watchable/palatable of this season just coz it's fun to watch!
Karei Naru Ichizoku  Good drama, good acting all round. But it's not a dorama for everybody coz it tends to weigh very heavily on the heart. One of the darkest doramas that I have watched in a while.

Spring
Watashitachi no Kyokasho  Reasons for my choice is almost the same as 'Karei Naru'. Very watchable but only if you can take how heavy going it is.
Seito Shokun!  Surprisingly good acting by everyone
First Kiss  Very run-off-the-mill storyline but excellent casting/performances imho which made this one of the doramas that I looked forward to watching every week.

Summer
Hanazakari to Kimitachi e  Possibly THE MOST watchable dorama of the year, it'll most likely be talked about for a long time to come. The cast was simply delightful and the way that the characters were portrayed/brought out was just awesome!!
Tantei Gakuen Q  Interesting story, good acting from a bunch of relative unknowns. Kamiki Ryunosuke has come a long way~

Special Mention
Sushi Ouji!  If you deem yourself to be in possession of an intelligence that is higher than a green pea, do NOT watch this. 'Bad' and 'lame' does not even begin to describe how horrendous this is. And damn! There's supposed to be a movie on it to. Lord save us all...

Fall
Galileo
Iryu 2
SP

I liked these 3 for pretty much the same reasons : Intelligent plot, good casting and good pacing. Basically, at the end of each episode they all make me go "TSK!! I have to wait ONE WEEK for the next episode?? That's too long dammit!!". I should think that that's a pretty good guage that I think the dorama works for me. XDD~!!

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2008, 07:21:40 AM »
OMG sushi ouji is so horrible I had blocked it out of my life until you mentioned it suki!! why koichi... why?!

i cant even describe how bad it was... and suki made it ALL the way through... I cried after the first ep and never looked back
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 07:56:36 PM by tenkei »

Offline herachan

• hera_melancholic on skype. add me thnx!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • add me on skype hera_melancholic thank you!
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2008, 11:31:24 AM »
Tantei Gakuen Q

i think its a good adaptation from the anime. although kazuma looks like an emo kid, megu is too hot, kyu is well, (no comment i think he is fine)
mikitty + ikuta toma = grease
ayaya + jun matsumoto = utawara
miyabi + inoo kei = scandal

Offline aimaime

• Ai T's Iced Tea
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Gakky^^
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2008, 05:45:22 PM »
Trying to remember what I saw last year.. hmm..

Papa to musume no nanokakan - very short and sweet.. and FUNNY. The Papa was hilarious as a high school girl trapped in a middle aged salaryman's body^^

Yama onna kabe onna - another funny dorama, with countless boob jokes :lol: glad to see Kyoko Fukada back on form in this one..

Jotei - bad acting, even worse storyline, but I couldn't stop watching. lol. rosa kato has that effect on me I guess  XD
 "If i can't make love to your body, I'll make love to your heart"

Galileo - great mystery dorama which involves real world science. I love the battle of words between shibasaki kou and fukuyama masaharu and the guests in each episode..

Iryu 2 - continues right where the first season ended and is edge of the seat stuff from beginning to end. my fav one by far..

The Brilliant Green's Stand By Me (they're back.. yay!) and Hikki's Flavor of Life are my choice for dorama songs of the year :grin:

I really wanna watch HanaKimi..

sangatsu7 - movies, music, variety shows, japan, aichan, rants, etc..

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Viyuden - Ja Ja Uma Paradise