JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Shiina Ringo - Sakana

Author Topic: Gilmore Girls (LAST EPISODE MAY 15)  (Read 4310 times)

Offline Princess Pudding

• Member+
Gilmore Girls (LAST EPISODE MAY 15)
« on: July 15, 2006, 05:09:37 PM »
Well, so one day in IRC some of us were talking about Gilmore Girls, and I felt like making a thread for it!! I THINK they just ended Season 5, and I know it's on DVD, but I have no clue. I'm only seen the first 3 seasons basically all the way through and then random episodes in the 4th and 5th season!

Talk about GG because I KNOW there are people here that like it, even if it's "for Lorelai" :lol:

:heart:
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 05:47:24 AM by daigong »

Offline Chatin

• Miki's Idol
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Gilmore Girls
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2006, 06:01:14 PM »
Definately "for Lorelei". :P  However, I love a lot of the other characters too (Emily rocks my socks and such)!  

Just to clear things up (ahem ;) ), Season Six finished airing in NA back in.. May?  Beginning of June?  Around there.  The Season Six boxed set goes for sale on September 19th (yay!)!  Season Seven will begin airing sometime in September or early October on the newly formed CW Network (joining of UPN and The WB).

I'll avoid talking about my thoughts on Season Six until the rest of you catch up.  Hopefully that's around the DVD release when I refresh my memory.j

In the meantime, everyone should check out Weeds (right, Masa?).  The boxed set for season one just hit stores this past Tuesday, and season two begins in August.  Gotta love those MILFs. :-P

Offline tamatron

• Evil Super Villain
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Arse Gratia Arse
Gilmore Girls
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2006, 09:34:26 PM »
OMG ISN'T THIS MASA's FAVOURITE SERIES EVER? :w00t: HE TOLD ME HE CRIED WHEN RORY AND DEAN BROKE UP!!!

Screw the Gilmore Girls. Lane and Paris are the hearts of this series!!!

Offline Princess Pudding

• Member+
Gilmore Girls
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2006, 04:46:42 AM »
Quote from: tama-chan
OMG ISN'T THIS MASA's FAVOURITE SERIES EVER? :w00t: HE TOLD ME HE CRIED WHEN RORY AND DEAN BROKE UP!!!

AHAHA IT WASN'T ME THIS TIME! :heart: :heart:

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
Gilmore Girls
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2006, 10:21:28 AM »
Gilmore Girls is the shit, bitches!

I'm currently watching the 5th season so my observations are about pre-S6 stuff.

Some random shit:
- GG has some of the funniest and wittiest dialogue ever
- Lauren Graham is THE milf
- Rory is constantly getting more beautiful
- The Little Miss Goodie Two Shoes herself is becoming a slut, Rory's almost like a female version of Jerry Seinfeld. Her taste is pretty bad though.
- It sucked that Rory and Dean broke up so fast. They basically ruined Dean's life for nothing.
- I always thought Jess was the biggest jerk in Rory's life but then Logan came in the picture. Rory should have hooked up with Marty.
- Emily is a biotch, yet I can't imagine the show without her.
- Paris is another annoying yet lovable character. She could be a daughter of Woody Allen and Ally McBeal. She is that neurotic :lol:
- Luke is cool and he and Lorelai are a great couple. I always knew they were gonna hook up eventually but I didn't know it was gonna happen so soon.
- Lauren Graham's booty is hot :jerk:
- Lane kicks ass and she's the cutest 30 year old ever
- Kirk's imaginary girlfriend dumped him. Really, Kirk's imaginary girlfriend dumped him.

Quote from: tama-chan

[22:31] I'ma go rat you out
[22:31] about what?
[22:32] About your fandom
[22:32] everybody knows i like GG
[22:32] masa has confessed his love for lorelei on many occasions
[22:33] I'ma go start some rumour then

I swear tama & Purin have some kinda conspiracy against me. I'm too hardcore for them so they are trying to make me look soft :lol:

Offline Princess Pudding

• Member+
Gilmore Girls
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2006, 03:10:17 PM »
Quote from: Masa
[22:33] I'ma go start some rumour then

I swear tama & Purin have some kinda conspiracy against me. I'm too hardcore for them so they are trying to make me look soft :lol:

I didn't actually believe her, I just felt like replying at the time :lol: I have nothing on you! :D

Offline Chatin

• Miki's Idol
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Gilmore Girls
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2006, 07:31:13 PM »
My take on some of the characters:
Lorelei: Poor girl just has so much hell in her life at times, but she is just wonderfulness on a stick and I love her to pieces.  She needs to keep herself away from Chris though.  He's bad news.
Rory: Lovely little bookworm who began to open herself up socially after she started dating Dean.  Now she's just a big slut.
Emily: There are times when Emily is just so incredibly cruel, but some of it I can understand because of the way her character is.  In the end, she can be so hilarious and lovable too!
Richard: Richard can be incredibly nice or a real jerk.  He's cool though.

Luke: He's the perfect guy for Lorelei.  However, he has a lot of relationship issues he needs to workout before he starts taking everything out on Lorelei and their relationship.
Lane: Lane is awesome.  I'm just disappointed that she wants to tie herself down with Zack, because she could do so much better.
Mrs. Kim: Mrs. Kim is the funniest character in the show.  At first, she just seemed anal in a bad way, but now her attitude is absolutely a riot.  I love her to bits.
Other Stars Hollow Peeps: These people are hilarious.  I would never want to live around them, but they're great to watch.

Paris: They've turned her into a total joke now, but I really liked her character when she could be funny at times, but she was a still a serious character.
Dean: He's a pussy.  I used to like him, but now I just hate seeing him around.
Jess: At first, I hated this little SOB.  I wanted Emily to run him over.  However, since Logan has been on the show, Jess doesn't seem so bad.
Logan: Rory is a total, toootal idiot for hanging around this guy.  He is a terrible influence, and there is nothing redeeming about their relationship.  I can't even find their relationship believable.
Other Yale Peeps: Boring as hell.  These characters aren't aren't nearly as interesting as those in Stars Hollow.
Luke's Sister (forgot her name): She's nice, and funny, but she's an idiot for staying with TJ.
TJ: I just hate him.  Completely.  He's annoying, loud, gets in the way, obnoxious, holy crap.. I would love if they killed off his character.

Offline Sangreal

• Member+
Gilmore Girls
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2006, 04:37:05 PM »
i like this series, because they're so wordready
i mean they just throw punch line like that, snaps-snaps...

Offline MurasakiNeko

• 今を生きる、今を楽しむ
  • Member+
Gilmore Girls
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2006, 06:09:48 AM »
I once watched it on mute. It was more entertaining for me that way O_o

Yet, there was a time when i knew the character's names due to my sister cranking up the volume in the living room.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2006, 06:29:22 AM by MurasakiNeko »

Shut Up. If I wanted to listen to an arsehole, I would have farted.
キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!

Offline robber

• the Who?
  • Member+
Gilmore Girls
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2007, 07:05:56 PM »
this series are cool... I like luke and Logan, cool guys..but Roary is a cute and nice Character :)

Offline gimmeryce

Gilmore Girls
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2007, 07:49:23 PM »
i watch this with my girlfriend
it gets her in the mood to cuddle
hahahaha i love this show

Offline jimmydotnet

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • proud to be malaysian
Gilmore Girls
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2007, 03:47:20 AM »
i love alexis bledel...she is so kawaiii :heart:  :inlove:  :heart:

Offline eynjel18

• Sayumi Daisuki
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • SAYUMI MICHISHIGE CUTE FOREVER!!!
Gilmore Girls
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2007, 09:53:01 AM »
I love Gilmore Girls. This is the only TV show that I always watch when it's on. The conversation among the characters in GG is very entertaining and never boring not even a second.
I LOVE SAYUMI MICHISHIGE FOREVER!!!

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: Gilmore Girls
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2007, 05:46:43 AM »
Gilmore Girls' to wrap after 7 years!!

last episode is May 15th! Masa, prepare your hankies :lol:

Offline jimmydotnet

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • proud to be malaysian
Re: Gilmore Girls (LAST EPISODE MAY 15)
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2007, 06:49:35 PM »
last episode already?? wahhh...last time i watch this series just to see alexis...that kawaii girl...when will she eventually acting nude...heheheh :P

Offline oragami33

• ecchi
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2007, 04:40:20 AM »
Major 80's references from Lorelei = th3 ownz

Offline claymore

• Shining Hustler
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2009, 03:31:45 AM »
Nothing can prepare a person for how awesomely cute alexis is in person.
"This isn’t an invention, it’s a responsibility. We need to study this, and if we find that it will help mankind move peacefully forward, then we shall share it’s teachings, because we are not only men of science, we are men of hope."

JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Shiina Ringo - Sakana