JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Taetiseo - Holler

Author Topic: (Group) Wonder Girls (원더걸스)  (Read 315957 times)

Offline Pharadox

• ecchi
  • Member+
(Group) Wonder Girls (원더걸스)
« on: March 25, 2008, 04:48:35 AM »
:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: 

WONDER GIRLS

I am so surprised how little love Wonder Girls gets here at JPH!P. I did a search for them here and got two results that weren't even related to them. So I'm giving them the love they deserve and have been missing! Feel free to join me!

Wonder Girls is a South Korean girl's group under the production of Park Jin-Young of JYP Entertainment. The group debuted in February of 2007 with the single Irony with members Sun Ye, Ye Eun, Sun Mi, So Hee, and HyunA. However, HyunA was pulled from the group by her parents due to health issues in July of the same year during production of their second single, Tell Me. She was soon replaced by Yoo Bin, who has since integrated into the group as if she were there from the beginning. Because JYP had not been known for producing a girl's group for 10 years, popularity for Wonder Girls grew due to curiosity. But it was their second single Tell Me that grabbed a tight hold of the publics' attention.

They released a third single in late 2007, but shortly after ceased promotion of their album The Wonder Years (released September 2007) to prepare and study for entrance exams to university. Their most recent activity includes an EP released in November, Joya Joya,  a small tour to the US, where they put on a concert in New York City and also made appearances in California (Yoo Bin's family lives in San Jose, CA, so it was convenient for them to visit there while they were already going to NYC). Plans for promotion of their next album are scheduled begin May 2008! Look forward to it! I know I am. :D

PROFILES

Stage name: Sun Ye (선예)
Full Name: Min Sun Ye (민선예)
Birthdate: August 12th, 1989
Height: 160cm
Weight: 46kg
Favorite artists: Beyonce, Yiruma
Favorite color: Blue

Stage name: Ye Eun (예은)
Full Name: Park Yeh Eun (박예은)
Birthdate: March 26th, 1989
Height: 165cm
Weight: 47kg
Favorite artists: Lauren Hill, Aretha Franklin, So Hyang
Favorite color: Green

Stage name: Sun Mi (선미)
Birthdate: May 2nd, 1992
Height: 164cm
Weight: 43kg
Favorite artists: Beyonce, Bi
Favorite color: Purple

Stage name: So Hee (소희)
Full Name: Ahn So Hee (안소희)
Birthdate: June 27th, 1992
Height: 163cm
Weight: 43kg
Favorite artists: Beyonce, Alicia Keys, Bi, Im Jeong Hee
Favorite color: Pink

Stage name: Yoo Bin (유빈)
Full Name: Kim Yoo Bin (김유빈)
Birthdate: October 04, 1988
Height: 163cm
Weight: 45kg
Favorite artists: Lauren Hill, Eve
[/font]

MEDIA

Tell Me (MP3, 4.97 MB)
Ebabo (MP3, 5.3 MB)
Joyo Joyo (MP3, 2.08 MB)

Wishing on a Star PV (AVI, 98.7 MB)
Wonder Girls Dance Battle (AVI, 276 MB)
Tell Me (MP3, 4.97 MB)
Ebabo (MP3, 5.3 MB)
Joyo Joyo (MP3, 2.08 MB)

Wishing on a Star PV (AVI, 98.7 MB)
Wonder Girls Dance Battle (AVI, 276 MB)
(AVI, 187 MB)

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Edit: Almost forgot! Credit to YooBin at YooBin's blog, where I downloaded these AVI video files from.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 10:09:04 AM by daigong »

Offline Pinkosa

• (:
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: [KOR] Wonder Girls
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 05:07:48 AM »
Since the SNSD love is huge, most of the members don't like WG that much, you know XD But I do like them :3 My fvaourite is Sunmi and then YeEun, then the others...lol. I think my love for them died a bit when all the Tell me fuzz came but oh well, I adore Ee Babo, my favourite song of them  :heart: I just think their style is too sexy for Sunmi and Sohee XD

Offline Pharadox

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 05:11:26 AM »
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 03:32:09 PM by Pharadox »

Offline Pharadox

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 05:26:20 AM »
Since the SNSD love is huge, most of the members don't like WG that much, you know XD But I do like them :3 My fvaourite is Sunmi and then YeEun, then the others...lol. I think my love for them died a bit when all the Tell me fuzz came but oh well, I adore Ee Babo, my favourite song of them  :heart: I just think their style is too sexy for Sunmi and Sohee XD

Yeah, that's kind of what I thought, but in reverse. I though that since I liked Wonder Girls so much I couldn't allow myself to like SNSD. Haha. But then I actually came across a thread at another forum which was about both groups and discovered that, for the most part, the groups get along well when they participate in events with each other. I think there's a lot of respect between them. So I listened to SNSD and I like them a lot too, now.  :wub:

And about So Hee. She starred in a movie called "I Like it Hot". I saw it recently (it came out in January of this year) and her role is really almost completely about the character's sexuality. It seems she actually makes life choices towards being more sexy for her age. She was only 15 when it was being filmed, and portraying images such as this one:

It was a good movie, though.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 05:28:24 AM by Pharadox »

Offline Seagull

• Ryo's lover <333
  • Member+
  • Soshified Shapley, E.L.F, Ryotard <3
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2008, 09:20:19 AM »
I was thinking about making a Wonder Girls thread, but no, to many SNSD fans XD.

Wonder Girls is good (not as good as SNSD if you ask me XD) and they are funny and cute  :heart:.

Favourite girls *thinks* SunYe and YooBin, but SunMi is growing and SoHee and YeEun too, but not as much as SunMi.

Offline tamatron

• Evil Super Villain
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Arse Gratia Arse
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2008, 10:01:09 AM »
For some reason, I thought we'd always had a WG thread. :lol:

Sunmi is so cute! And I still can't believe that she's younger than Momo. XD

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2008, 10:08:37 AM »
I may hate their music, but I got nothing against them personally :P
Being a SNSD fan really has nothing to do with it since I hated their music before I even knew SNSD :lol:

Plus I think SunYe and YooBin are hot.

It's weird that they didn't show up in search though, since they were brought up a few times in the Korean Pop/Rock thread.

Offline Pharadox

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2008, 01:00:13 PM »
I was thinking about making a Wonder Girls thread, but no, to many SNSD fans XD.

Wonder Girls is good (not as good as SNSD if you ask me XD) and they are funny and cute  :heart:.

Favourite girls *thinks* SunYe and YooBin, but SunMi is growing and SoHee and YeEun too, but not as much as SunMi.

Haha. I know what you mean. It was like "Can I survive being knew around here AND hated for my WG thread?" and I decided it's just the internet and anyone that has a problem with this can just not come here.  :P

Sun Ye and Yoo Bin are my favorites, too.  :heart: They're the most talented, in my opinion, but in different ways since Sun Ye has the singing voice and Yoo Bin is a rapper. But Yoo Bin actually sings in Wishing on a Star.  :w00t:

I may hate their music, but I got nothing against them personally :P
Being a SNSD fan really has nothing to do with it since I hated their music before I even knew SNSD :lol:

Plus I think SunYe and YooBin are hot.

It's weird that they didn't show up in search though, since they were brought up a few times in the Korean Pop/Rock thread.

Yeah. Yoo Bin and Sun Ye ARE hot. I'm not even going to try to lie that it isn't part of the reason they're my favorite members.

Offline zay05ohayou

• Flip..
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • shoubu shoubu PATII PATII~!
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2008, 01:16:50 PM »
Oh Wow! Wonder Girls Thread!
I was just thinking about them earlier and then I saw this thread.
I love their song Irony it's the best! Sun Mi and Sun Ye are my favorite! So cute and pretty!
They're really awesome and they dance great too!

Ishiyoshi~ DEF.DIVA~ GAM~ hANGRY&ANGRY <33

Offline Pharadox

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2008, 01:28:25 PM »
Oh Wow! Wonder Girls Thread!
I was just thinking about them earlier and then I saw this thread.
I love their song Irony it's the best! Sun Mi and Sun Ye are my favorite! So cute and pretty!
They're really awesome and they dance great too!

Yeah, Sun Ye is really incredible. She can really sing and she's a good dancer (I think Yoo Bin is the best dancer though). But Sun Mi is great, too. Welcome to the Wonder Girls thread! I thought we could use one here.  :yep:

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2008, 01:38:22 PM »
I like Wonder Girls, but not as much as compared to say, MoMusu. but still a fan. I only listens to 2 of their songs, Irony and Tell Me, though, and Baboh from their 2nd album.  Favorite Member is Sun Mi, watch from a Star Golden Bell that she's a weird little girl, talking to herself and about space and explosive stars, which adds to her charm point.
Reminds me of my fav. girl Kamei Eri and her nonsense humor.  Too weird and adorable for words..

Although I like "tell me"  i think it's been overplayed too many times.  
If u think about this, Wonder Girls "tell me" is like MoMusu "Love Machine"  back in the day.  
2 songs that boost the respective groups' popularity.
To add to the comparison, Love Machine is also one of my favorite songs from MoMusu, but it's too been perf. too many times.  MoMusu have many more great songs, but most of the public will only remember LM and they also perf it on Special TV programs, always squeezed it in somewhere (remember how much hate their Kohaku perf got from internet fans, we rather see something new and 2007 rather than something back in 1999).

Offline Pharadox

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2008, 01:49:43 PM »
I like Wonder Girls, but not as much as compared to say, MoMusu. but still a fan. I only listens to 2 of their songs, Irony and Tell Me, though, and Baboh from their 2nd album.  Favorite Member is Sun Mi, watch from a Star Golden Bell that she's a weird little girl, talking to herself and about space and explosive stars, which adds to her charm point.
Reminds me of my fav. girl Kamei Eri and her nonsense humor.  Too weird and adorable for words..

Although I like "tell me"  i think it's been overplayed too many times. 
If u think about this, Wonder Girls "tell me" is like MoMusu "Love Machine"  back in the day. 
2 songs that boost the respective groups' popularity.
To add to the comparison, Love Machine is also one of my favorite songs from MoMusu, but it's too been perf. too many times.  MoMusu have many more great songs, but most of the public will only remember LM and they also perf it on Special TV programs, always squeezed it in somewhere (remember how much hate their Kohaku perf got from internet fans, we rather see something new and 2007 rather than something back in 1999).

One thing I do like about Wonder Girls more than Morning Musume, though, is their PVs. WG's PV's have more substance, more story-line. But I can't blame the Morning Musume girls for that because they don't have control over it. But I do see your comparisons. It's a good thing that they're working on another album for this year because Tell Me has had enough. It's exhausted from all the attention and it needs a vacation.  :grin:

Offline zay05ohayou

• Flip..
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • shoubu shoubu PATII PATII~!
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2008, 01:56:50 PM »
One thing I do like about Wonder Girls more than Morning Musume, though, is their PVs. WG's PV's have more substance, more story-line. But I can't blame the Morning Musume girls for that because they don't have control over it. But I do see your comparisons. It's a good thing that they're working on another album for this year because Tell Me has had enough. It's exhausted from all the attention and it needs a vacation.  :grin:
Yeah I agree about the PV's, the Morning Musume PV's seem to declare the song. Lol, producer's fault  XD... Can't wait for the their new album to come out. I'm really looking forward to it. I loved Tell Me but since it was on too much the song was overused and became tiring. So yeah it does need a vacation!  :lol:

Ishiyoshi~ DEF.DIVA~ GAM~ hANGRY&ANGRY <33

Offline Pharadox

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2008, 03:44:23 PM »
I love of Yoo Bin. It makes me feel like crying when she cries. Wish I could find a HQ version of it.

So, the Wonder Girls won't be at the Peace Concert. They originally planned to be there but will be unable to because of scheduling conflicts. To make up for this, they will perform at the Hollywood Bowl on May 17th.

Not that it makes much difference to me because I can't go to either concert. Yeah, imagine that was said with about as much sulk as possible.

Wonder Girls confirmed @ Hollywood Bowl 2008

March 20, 2008 by coolsmurf

After dropping out of the 2008 Peace Concert in April because of schedule conflicts, there was good news for Wonder Girls fans living in America because in the latest performer list released by Khype.com today at midnight, they were confirmed as one of the performers for 2008 Hollywood Bowl!

But because tickets already went on sale early on 21st January and many have bought without knowing who went, you might not be getting a good seat if you only start buying now. But at least those who have bought and is a Wonder Girls fan, you should be mightily happy right now!

What: 2008 Hollywood Bowl
Where: Hollywood Bowl, 2301 North Highland Avenue, Hollywood, CA 90078
When: 17th May, 2008 @ 6:30 to 11:00PM

How to Buy Tickets:
By Phone: 323.692.2055/2068/2070
Online: Visit their website to purchase your tickets online.

Current confirmed artistes (As of 20th March):
# Fly To The Sky
# SG Wannabe
# Super Junior T
# Wonder Girls
# Lee Hyori
# Ock Ju Hyun
# Tae Jin Ah
# Eru

This is not all and more artistes names will be released before 23rd March 2008. Check Khype.com and for discussion and if you want to find someone to go with, visit Soompi Forums. There will also be fireworks at the end!!!

Credit: Wondergirls.wordpress.com

Offline Pharadox

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2008, 04:02:58 PM »
“I will marry Yoo Bin if I win an Olympic gold medal!”
January 8, 2008 by coolsmurf

This was what 20 year old Korean judo under-73kg exponent, Wang Ki Chun told reporters over the weekend at the Olympic village training center.

Yoo Bin is the sexy member of Wonder Girls who is always clad in mini hot pants. Although he has never met Yoo Bin in person before, he still said, “For the sake of Yoo Bin, I will do my very best and bring back the gold medal.” Both are them are considered superstars in the song and judo world respectively. Wang Ki Chun came to fame after defeating fellow Korean Lee Won Hee who was known as the one bout winner at last year’s World Judo Meet. He is heralded as a young Judo hero since achieving that.

Looking at Wang Ki Chun spiky hairdo, he represents the new generation of judokas but the only thing that makes his heart race even faster is sexy same-age singer, Yoo Bin who is constantly on his mind than winning an Olympic gold medal. Wang Ki Chun said again, “Will I be lacking something if I propose to Yoo Bin publicly?” I think concentrating on perfecting your judo techniques rather than daydreaming would give you a better chance at the Beijing Olympics 2008.

Credit: Coolsmurf @ Wondergirls.wordpress.com

Haha. Hahahahaha. Haha. Wow. If I were yoo Bin, I think this would definitely be a "WTF" on the Flattering-to-WTF scale.

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2008, 06:18:17 PM »
^ I'll feel sorry for the guy after all that and he didn't win (Yoo Bin might give a sight of relief though).  But it sound like a pure and wishful dream.  He'd have the courage to say that in public, he should be granted something somehow.

Maybe Yoo Bin would acknowledge him in some way?  or say if he get within the top 3 (If not Gold, then Silver or Bronze), a date or something...
he should probably clear up his acne or something so maybe he'll have a better chance getting a k-i-s-s.

btw, i agree with the PV thing, H!P/Momusu PVs doesn't tell a story, just the girls dancing singing and close-up.  no story, no artisitic value, no emotions and feelings, no creativity whatsoever.
Only thing good about H!P PVs is to watch the pretty girls in galore.  admire their beauty and their irresistable cuteness and sheer AWESOMENESS of how cute and sexy they dances, even if the dance steps aren't that great.

Offline sh15uya

• °(è_é)°
  • Member+
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2008, 09:00:05 PM »
wow finally a WGs thread :lol:

So-Hee fan here :)

I've seen the movie 'I like it hot' too and it's pretty cool ( not only because of the 'sohee n kimbum' kiss )

Wonder Girls - A Sorry Heart (Nada Sou Sou OST)
http://www.mediafire.com/?tpjimf4mxxr

Wonder Girls - Joyo Joyo (Mini Games Heaven OST)
http://www.mediafire.com/?mmsa9kxcggd

Wonder Girls - The Wonder Begins ( own rip; 320kbps )
http://www.mediafire.com/?017zbynxvr9

Wonder Girls - Vol. 1 - The Wonder Years ( own rip; 320kbps )
http://www.twitter.com/?d=KPKRB38U

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2008, 09:09:07 PM »
I've seen the movie 'I like it hot' too and it's pretty cool ( not only because of the 'sohee n kimbum' kiss

O yeah I remember reading something about that. Sth like fan boys(and/or fan girls) being pissed about that :lol:
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 09:11:45 PM by mode107 »
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline Pharadox

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2008, 09:32:17 PM »
^ I'll feel sorry for the guy after all that and he didn't win (Yoo Bin might give a sight of relief though).  But it sound like a pure and wishful dream.  He'd have the courage to say that in public, he should be granted something somehow.

Maybe Yoo Bin would acknowledge him in some way?  or say if he get within the top 3 (If not Gold, then Silver or Bronze), a date or something...
he should probably clear up his acne or something so maybe he'll have a better chance getting a k-i-s-s.

btw, i agree with the PV thing, H!P/Momusu PVs doesn't tell a story, just the girls dancing singing and close-up.  no story, no artisitic value, no emotions and feelings, no creativity whatsoever.
Only thing good about H!P PVs is to watch the pretty girls in galore.  admire their beauty and their irresistable cuteness and sheer AWESOMENESS of how cute and sexy they dances, even if the dance steps aren't that great.

I think it would be nice if she did go out on a date with him if he won. It would be good publicity for Wonder Girls, as well. But marriage? That's taking it a bit too far.  :grin: Poor guy. I understand what he sees in her, at least. Perhaps it will be the motivation to win for him.

I guess the thing about Up-Front Agency's handling of Momusu's PVs is that they've learned they can get away with not putting in the artistic effort, that the fans love the girls even without it. But I would still be really happy to see a great PV put out by them and maybe their fan base would grow from it, too. But I love how much effort the girls put into their PVs. They do try their hardest to make them the best they can be. :)

Haha. This almost just turned into a Morning Musume thread. So here's some Yoo Bin to get us back on track!

I didn't make them and I don't remember where I got them from, but how can I not share them? Yoo Bin's so adorkable.

Also, I uploaded another video. It's the MKMF Dance Battle between Wonder Girls, SNSD (Girls' Generation), Kara, and Black Pearl (AVI, 186 MB)

Credit to YooBin at Yoobin.skyrock.com, who I downloaded the video from originally. All of her Wonder Girl's DL content is amazing. Check it out.

I've seen the movie 'I like it hot' too and it's pretty cool ( not only because of the 'sohee n kimbum' kiss

O yeah I remember reading something about that. Sth like fan boys(and/or fan girls) being pissed about that :lol:

Haha, I'd think it was the other kissing So Hee does in that movie that was causing all the stir... but yeah, some fans were definitely on the verge of rioting.  :rofl:

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2008, 09:50:37 PM »
^lol, who (or what) else did so hee kiss in that movie?
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Taetiseo - Holler