JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Tommy Heavenly6 - Heavy Starry Chain

Author Topic: STORIES OF US --- [All I Want For Christmas] Xmas One-shot -- 27/DECEMBER  (Read 37963 times)

Offline Beecubed

• Charmy Follower 4 Life. <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • I am of IshiYoshi faith.
I N D E X

COMPLETED

A Little Faith
Sublime Subleader
All I Want For Christmas

PENDING

These are fics that I currently have a very strong feel for (in relation to plot + characters). Hence why I’ve made fanfic posters for them xD
These are in no particular order...

So...

If there are any in particular that you would be interested in seeing next, please let me know. ^__^

Boss Battles –

Let’s just say… this was definitely the most enjoyable to plan xD I remember spending a lot of time smiling like an idiot while jotting down ideas for it. xD
The poster's a gif, so have a look at it to see the other lead character...  :P
And if you’re thinking WHY this pairing, I have no choice but to send you here.

Love in a Time Capsule –

If you’re a Rokkies fan…
If you like your angst and your moodiness…
If you like your love shapes in your love stories…

Broken Angels and Their Star Fragments –

Has a lot going on in terms of plot (and characters too), maybe too much. Can only imagine how complicated it would be for me to write T___T

The Unshelling of a Turtle’s Secret Relationship –

When I think of this, I think of typical highschool Jdrama… xD (Though what’s wrong with that? The mere thought of Hana Yori Dango still gets my heart racing…)
Though with Eri as the lead, I don't think I can go wrong with this. xD Also features all eight Momusu members. This one should be a fun ride... hopefully...  :grin:

ONGOING

SUMMARY:

Takahashi Ai, who’s suffered her whole life from an agonisingly shy personality, is finally able to see hope one night when she masters her talent of mind control. On this particular night, Niigaki Risa, her flatmate, is in the middle of writing up her thesis in the study room. Ai has secretly been having fantasies about Risa for a long time, even before the bean entered a relationship with somebody else – and now, with the power of mind control at her disposal, Ai is tempted beyond all fiery hells to turn her fantasies into reality...

Theme Song: Find a Way by SafetySuit.

Rating: Mature. Very mature. XD

Remarks:

Please overlook the rather mediocre title *bows*

This fic was inspired by a talk I had with a friend about hypnosis and mind control and the possibilities that they offer. I was immediately interested in the ideas involved. And no surprise that my imagination took flight… :sweat: ..

Because I’m not well-learned in such areas, please don’t expect any of the events that you will be reading about to be accurate (or even plausible xD) in any way.

The idea I had for this fic was initially meant to be the sole basis of a one-shot perv, but as I planned it out, I kept wanting to add more and more to it. So I slowly developed a bit of context for the perv, and out came this rather nice little story I hope is more than just the standard serving of sex and sleaze.

Why TakaGaki? Just because. I love them way too much not to write about them XD I’d initially planned to give this to ReinAi because I was thinking they might have been better suited to the character dynamics. But in the end I just couldn’t pass up the chance to cast TakaGaki. Sorry to those who are put off by this pairing. I’m hoping the story is interesting enough to make up for any shortcomings. ^__^

I kind of took a risk with this so there may be things that readers find upsetting. I’m truly sorry if that is the case. *bows*

---

C O N T E N T S.

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 01:59:42 PM by Beecubed »

Offline writerjunkie

• Junior Moderator
  • Member+
  • KameShige= <3 ^_^
Re: STORIES OF US --- [Secret Admirer]
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 01:55:06 AM »
Yay! Bee! (I need a nickname for you) You started this thread finally! I look forward to the fics you will post. They all look promising from the posters you put up. Did I mention you are kick ass at photoshop?! lol I hope you will post your fics soon so everyone can read. Also, AiMiki?! I'll need to read a fic to be convinced about that pairing. XD

Offline SarangAi

• TakaGaki<3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • GAKI-SAN!!! <333
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 02:02:46 AM »
ahhhh I can't wait to read some of this!  of course, as a TakaGaki fan, I'm most excited about Secret Admirer... and I think I can handle the very mature level of it :twisted:
And the AiMikitty pairing is quite intriguing... I'm open to new pairings so you better make it good!!  XD

avii&sig by the wonderful kawaii beam~!

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2010, 02:19:20 AM »
Well sounds like you have a lot of them planned :sweatdrop:

well can't wait for it B^3
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline fallenxangel24952

• TakaGaki Supporter 4 LIFE!!!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • TakaGaki=Forever Love
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2010, 04:24:00 AM »
all story sounds cool!!!  :twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs

can't wait for more :lol:

Offline Tightrope

• Disciple of Bee ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2010, 01:59:53 PM »
How come I missed this thread?  O_o

If I say I'm excited I'll be lying. I'm beyond excited. Since I have been lurking in this forum (even before I made myself an account) I have been something like a closet Beecubed fan (lol). I'm happy you decided to open your own fic thread, I'll be cheering for you  :cow:

All the stories seems interesting so far.  I'm really, really curious about Boss Battles. Never thought of that pairing, but I see a lot of potential there. Being a Rokkie's fan and a angs lover since forever I'm excited about Love in a Time Capsule too :heart: On another note, I will love you forever for The Unshelling of a Turtle’s Secret Relationship because I see a serious lacking of Kameshige lately (too much Tanakame and Tanashige, maybe?), and a fic with Kame as main with J-drama in mind = Awesomeness. AND I LOVE HANA YORI DANGO BTW.. About Broken Angels and Their Star Fragments... I get the feeling this is one of those fic I would like to read really slow, really enjoying it, preferably with hot chocolate in hand and bad weather (I wonder if that makes sense? lol). Heavy plot and deep characters... definitely looking forward to it!

And finally, about Secret Admirer...

Why TakaGaki? Just because. I love them way too much not to write about them XD I’d initially planned to give this to ReinAi because I was thinking they might have been better suited to the character dynamics. But in the end I just couldn’t pass up the chance to cast TakaGaki.

Oww, I would have love seeing the ReinAi one. But is ok, in fact, I love both, but I like more TakaGaki pairing :lol: ReinAi would have been quite interesting, since is not a popular pairing (at least not as popular as TakaGaki), though. Either way, I'm really looking forward to read it, I like the idea of the fic. And you made me wonder... Who is dating Gaki in this fic? I hope is not Kame I guess I'll have to wait and see~

I think it's time to request access to pervy section, because I'm sure this one is gonna go there in no time  XD

Sorry for the incoherent rant! Congrats on your thread and good luck with the writing! I'll do what I can to keep your motivation up  :cow:

Editing: I forgot to say, fanfics poster are AWESOME. Saved them all!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 02:06:26 PM by Tightrope »

Offline oddball

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Off in the woods........
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2010, 04:46:37 PM »
All your stories look intresting Beecubed! the postetrs are great  :thumbsup

Looking forward to the first chapter of Secret admirer.....

Offline gracula

• Blame Sayu for
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2010, 11:41:07 PM »
I'm just excited looking at the posters. I actually did a fistpump (of unbridled joy, not this kind:  :fap)

I can't wait to read em, Beecubed. 'Secret Admirer' sounds like a winner already- Tanagaki MIND CONTROL secks and related ethical issues angst FTW!

Now that you've stated your intent,  there really is no turning back. Positive reinforcement aside, to quote NaNoWriMo, the looming spectre of personal humiliation is a very reliable muse. This has become a motto for my life. Meaning, just keep writing and don't look back. Hope this lights a fire under your ass sufficiently motivates you.

~grac

"I'm still blaming Sayu for my lolicon tendencies now." ~Essy

Offline Beecubed

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2010, 04:28:35 AM »
@junkie-chan:

*squishes junkie*
Thank you! I seriously hope you enjoy the fics...
So again, thank you for leaving a comment, and thanks for all our fic conversations, and thank you for writing and inspiring me to write.  :wub:
You're awesome.

Did I mention you are kick ass at photoshop?!

I can't remember, but thank you for saying this too. xD
And hey, you told me you were open to most pairings and AiMikitty sounded just fine to you! Well... I guess I'll just have to show you their magic with the fic. Just you wait!

@SarangAi:

Wooo, SarangAi!  :love:
Thanks for your reply!  :P
Fellow TakaGaki enthusiast, I really do hope you enjoy the fic!  :heart: It'll be plenty mature, but I'm sure you'll lap up every bit of perviness  :twisted:
o__o

AiMikitty! Looks like I'm going to have to prove the worthiness of this couple!  :on woohoo:

@kuro:

Yeah  :sweatdrop:
I keep getting idea after idea... they don't stop! This mind of mine is a constant buzz of ideas! xD
Thanks for your interest and hope you enjoy!! <3

@fallenxangel:

Thanks for stopping by to have a look!  :love:
Hope you enjoy all the fics... ^___^

@Tightrope:

@___________________________@

Who are you? And why are you so awesome? 

:lol:
Yay for new reader!  :cow:
Your comment makes me so happy~  :heart:  To hear all that from somebody I've never even seen around before, it's strangely touching  :mon cute:
The first time I read your post, I was in a bit of disbelief  ^^; I guess I just wasn't expecting that kind of a response even before anything has been posted, and certainly not something that elaborate and encouraging. So thank you again, you gave me such a pleasant surprise! My first (impulsive) response was to send you that private message.  XD

I have been something like a closet Beecubed fan (lol)

EHH??!? xD
I'm surprised I managed to make a fan out of you even though I never had a fic posted!
My long-ass, extremely fangirly comments must have touched your heart that much then?  :P hehe.. thank you, thank you! I'm so glad to hear they encouraged more than just the writers *huggles* I wanted to give you an affectionate *pat pat* on the head, but upon discovering that you're actually older than me, I refrained from doing so... xD

Thanks for spending the time to write up a brief run-through of all the fics!  :love: You seem to be interested in all of them... which doesn't quite help me decide what to work on next :nervous
AiMikitty needs more love. Actually, it's not much of an established OTP at all XD But having planned through a whole fic with the two of them as leads, I can safely say that they are a pair to be reckoned with!  :mon bleed2:

(too much Tanakame and Tanashige, maybe?)

Tanakame maybe, but I haven't seen much Tanashige around  :(
KameShige though is one OTP that is often neglected >.< People see the relationship as purely platonic. I beg to differ.  :grin:
You're an avid J-drama watcher? Yay for HYD! xD I'd never be able to write a plotline that awesome, but I hope to give the momusu girls a real fun (and eventful) highschool year with this one.  :)

As for what you said about Broken Angels and Their Star Fragments... you're a really perceptive one, aren't you?  :wriggly:
It's a bit of a complicated fic and quickly got messy during the planning process, so I left it... I started planning it at the end of last year, actually! >.< Damn.

But is ok, in fact, I love both, but I like more TakaGaki pairing

Do you mean you like TakaGaki more or you like ReinAi more? I'm not sure  XD

ReinAi would have been quite interesting, since is not a popular pairing (at least not as popular as TakaGaki), though.

Not as popular for a reason. TakaGaki prevails.  XD *hides from ReinAi supporters*
Trust me, if I had stuck to ReinAi, I don't think I would be able to write with as much passion and love for the story.  :luvuluvu:

And you made me wonder... Who is dating Gaki in this fic? I hope is not Kame I guess I'll have to wait and see~

Not a fan of GakiKame?  :P
You'll find out in the prologue~

I think it's time to request access to pervy section, because I'm sure this one is gonna go there in no time  XD

You're going to need 30 posts for that, but don't worry about it. ^__^ When the time comes, I'll get everybody to make a request for it. Every lurker that I get to message me will receive a Tsukkomi-like slap to the head before I pass them the perv. xD (DAMN LURKERS! I blame you guys for some of my fav stories falling out!)

Congrats on your thread and good luck with the writing! I'll do what I can to keep your motivation up  :cow:

Your excitement makes me excited! *looks at my response to your response* o.o

Thank you for your support, you have no idea how much I appreciate it!  :wub:
(After reading your post, I got right back to working on the prologue xD...)
Thank you SO much!  :kneelbow:

@oddball:

Thank you! :heart: Spent hours on PS making those >.<
I'll get it up very soon, just a bit to go. Hope you enjoy the prologue... yes, it'll only be the prologue  XD Thanks for your comment!

@grac:

I'm just excited looking at the posters. I actually did a fistpump (of unbridled joy, not this kind:  :fap)

I'd be a bit worried if you did that other kind of fistpump... xD

I can't wait to read em, Beecubed. 'Secret Admirer' sounds like a winner already- Tanagaki MIND CONTROL secks and related ethical issues angst FTW!

I'm really happy to hear that, although I think you meant to say 'TakaGaki' rather than Tanagaki. >.< OMG. You...
But yeah, I'm still trying to figure out how the mind control 'secks' is going to play out *scratches head* ethical issues and angst, there will be too. You got all that right!  :yep:

Now that you've stated your intent,  there really is no turning back. Positive reinforcement aside, to quote NaNoWriMo, the looming spectre of personal humiliation is a very reliable muse. This has become a motto for my life. Meaning, just keep writing and don't look back.

That's actually what made me hesitate a lot before starting up this thread >.<
I am now accountable, and have the duty to make sure I update consistently  XD

I'll keep that motto in mind  :thumbsup
I didn't know what NaNoWriMo was, so I looked it up. I don't think we have that in Australia? You written something for that before, grac?

Hope this lights a fire under your ass sufficiently motivates you.

:rofl:

Definitely did. xD
Thank you for your comment, truly thank you.  :heart:

---

NO THIS IS NOT AN UPDATE, THIS IS ME SAYING THANK YOU. IN A VERY LONG-WINDED BEECUBISH KIND OF WAY.

:heart: :heart: :heart:

Offline kano-chan

• Member+
  • ~Angel Miya~
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2010, 04:35:44 AM »
Aww...I'm late on commenting.. :sweatdrop:

I can't wait to read your stories!!!  :w00t: I am really, REALLY interested in AiMiki! :heart: :yep: Since they're both my favorites and same ranked! :wub: I went through those pics and they're just so cute together! :cow:

Offline writerjunkie

• Junior Moderator
  • Member+
  • KameShige= <3 ^_^
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2010, 12:50:47 PM »
Hey, you big meanie! You post in here, but it isn't an update. *pouts* You're going to keep everyone waiting, huh!? lol You shouldn't be so surprised about the amount of people that commented. I told you that this would happen. See! Sometimes I'm right.

Offline Tightrope

• Disciple of Bee ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2010, 01:55:56 PM »
I'm glad you liked my fangirling. There is still a lot to come, so be prepared. And in any case, thank YOU, for all this  :heart: My first (impulsive) response to your (impulsive) private message was saying  OMG MARRY ME but I thought it was a bit extreme lol Thank for your impulsive response

I really don't want to spam your thread so I'll try not to rant too much. I'm starting to think we can be a pretty dangerous convo XD

My long-ass, extremely fangirly comments must have touched your heart that much then?  :P hehe..

In fact, yes. It show that you care for the writing and for the writer. Or at least for her/his effort to write. And don't worry I love to be pat pat-ed, regardless the age. But I certainly love huggles too   :heart: *huggles back*

Do you mean you like TakaGaki more or you like ReinAi more? I'm not sure  XD

What I was trying to say it's I like TakaGaki more, but since there is a lot of TakaGaki fics and very little of ReinAi fics, I would have love reading the other version too. But of course, I have no complains about TakaGaki, none at all :wub: And reading that this pairing is going to encourage you more for writing, then I'm more than happy you chose that one. Now to wait for the TakaGaki hotness  :heart:

And  I'm planning to reach the 20-30 post required to enter the pervy section while you write, so don't worry. I can assure you I won't miss that fic ~

Not a fan of GakiKame?  :P
You'll find out in the prologue~

That sounded like it's gonna be GakiKame! >_> And it's not like I don't like it. I don't exactly ship it either. It's just I can't really picture Gaki-san with anyone but the lovely leader. That and the fact the little KameShige shipper in me screams everytime I read Kame with everyone except Sayu  XD  KameShige needs love. Especially now, with Kame nearly graduating  :cry:

So about what I would like to see next I'll give you more information then. Broken Angels and Their Star Fragment is what I would really like to read next. BUT. I know that one is difficult to write, so I don't think it would be the best to start right away with that one after Secret Admirer. I have high expectations for it, so I want you to take all the time you need. But apart from that one, I can't choose between the rest.  I want to read them all... this really didn't help you either on deciding, did it? :lol:

(After reading your post, I got right back to working on the prologue xD...)

YES  :cow: That's the reaction I'm aiming for! And again, thank YOU  :cow:

Now go and write the prologue! We want to read it soon ~

Offline gracula

• Blame Sayu for
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2010, 07:02:37 PM »
I'm really happy to hear that, although I think you meant to say 'TakaGaki' rather than Tanagaki. >.< OMG. You...
:roll: *cough* sure... that's exactly what i meant. yes, yes, it was a typo.

I didn't know what NaNoWriMo was, so I looked it up. I don't think we have that in Australia? You written something for that before, grac? 
Yes, I have exactly 6 more days to complete- oh, another 46,000 words. *sigh* i guess i'll put it off for another year. Maybe you'll join me. :)

Now go and write the prologue! We want to read it soon ~

Amen to that!

"I'm still blaming Sayu for my lolicon tendencies now." ~Essy

Offline StephanyLee

• Member+
  • Just call me Steph
    • Rdz89Steph
    • s_teph_89
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2010, 12:32:08 AM »
Finally!! YAY!! :cow:

Glad to see you finally decided to start a thread ^^

And i'm here to complain >.>
(I think u know why LOL) but... I won't go there xD

That AiMikkity sounds interesting, although i don't really get that pairing, it's like super weird for me o.0 but look forward to it ^^ as well as the prologue.

You better give a hell of story here so i can read it beyond everything XD

*This is not me not excited about this, this is me not knowing how to make a proper post*  :peace:
Twice took over my life and I'm not the same since then ♡
My love for H!P will never die ♡

Offline Haruka

• ^Every time I see you, my heart hurts^
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ~ Miki Queen ~
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2010, 04:01:03 AM »
Waaaaaaaa can't wait for update XD

The summary gives me a very nice hint =D

Looking forward it ^^

God!! She knows she's HOT!

Offline badsaints

• in love with Love
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2010, 08:59:11 AM »
*pokes head in* Hmm what's this? A new story from Bee?

I really should be working right now but your story idea intrigues me and woke me up from the spell of sleepiness :lol: Looking forward to what you have in store for us

Offline rokun

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2010, 07:52:43 PM »
Haha, Bee, you're so funny... and awesome of course :heart: I'm glad to see you doing your best to almost single-handedly bring more life to this forum, with certain "other" people slacking on it perhaps. >___>; And now you might finally start writing stories too!! You've already delurked at least one person, so we'll see how many more you can get. :lol:

Pardon since I'm not as great a commenter and so don't quote or anything, but... Oh, I did have to quote this:
Quote from: Beecubed
@Tightrope:

@___________________________@

Who are you? And why are you so awesome? 
XD And so true. Maybe "Ropy"-chan will help others de-lurk as well, although I do know it's not completely a lurking problem anymore. :( With the rise of Korean groups and AKB that is unfortunately where many (including some of my "friends") are going. >_< Not... that I'm being judgmental of course... :ph43r:

Anyway.

You are so organized in setting all this up. Are you going to put all the stories just in this thread with an even more organized ToC, or will there be a thread for each extended fic? Have you already said that and I'm just being baka in asking stupid questions? :lol:

As to the stories themselves...

Hmm.

I have to be with Ropy-chan there in preferring the ReinAi over TakaGaki in Secret Admirer, but you know, that's just me >.> ReinAi and I just have a... history. That said, reading blogs and such recently I have to say I'm becoming at least slightly more open to TakaGaki. Maybe you can get me to like them more again, even if the story sounds a bit... odd. :lol: It would have been fun seeing tsundere Reina in that role though...

Out of your other stories, I'd say what actually appeals to me the most is Boss Battles. But why do I think Aichan would appear to get her ass kicked very badly? (of course, note key word appear there...) And if it does get into the hot 'n' sweaty AiMiki, well... I can't say it's without precedent. After all, I... wait... have I actually never written the two of them?!? Oh. Whew. Thought I'd lost it for a second. There were hints at least in Circle of Three. :lol: Or well... perhaps more than hints... but nothing real-time still. :lol: Looking very forward to what you would do with them!!!

I'm not a very big OG fan, but I do somehow still have a bit of a soft spot for GAM. It's probably all of Commie's great works in the past, as well as the fact perhaps that Miki is well... Miki. :lol: Damn husband keeping us from her recently. >_<

Anyway, hope you manage to write some of them. ^^

Offline Beecubed

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2010, 04:41:53 PM »
@kano-chan:

You're definitely not late... !!! ^__^ I only got the prologue finished and edited properly like... yesterday, so I have no idea how you could be late >__>

Thanks for dropping by and leaving a comment! A lot of people are taking an interest in AiMikitty, and awesome that the both of them are your favourites. I'm sure you'd have a blast with the story. That's if I ever get around to writing it  XD
Thank you~!  :love:

@junkie-chan:

I wasn't doing it deliberately  :sweatdrop:

You know how much I agonise over my writing... lol. Well, I finally got everything done yesterday. And again, I'm not all that fussed about the amount of comments I get (though of course I do like to receive comments, all writers do  :heart:). I'm more worried about stumbling into writer's block and thus disappointing readers with zero updates >.<

I hope you enjoy the prologue  :)

@Ropy:

Bring on the fangirling!  XD
Rest assured, I'll be fangirling along with you... hehe.  :thumbsup

I'm starting to think we can be a pretty dangerous convo

Do you mean 'combi'?  :lol: yeah, definitely. We seem to be on the same wavelength and feed off each other really well... so shutting up is a bit difficult. xD I'll try to cut down these responses so we don't have so much to attend to (I mean... on top of our growing PMs and everything..)  ;)

It's just I can't really picture Gaki-san with anyone but the lovely leader.

Same...  :P
Ai-chan can be paired off with the others, but I can only imagine Gaki-san with our leader too. Her other pairings feel too sisterly to me.  :sweatdrop:

KameShige needs love. Especially now, with Kame nearly graduating.

QFT. Which is why I'm kind of stuck between Boss Battles & the Turtle one as the one I'd like to do next...  :(

LOL. No, you didn't really help  :P *pat pat*
The Broken Angels one - if I plan to drop it altogether, I'll still tell you about the story, so no worries. ^_____^

Thanks again for all your support! It's much appreciated... :heart:

:otomerika: :yossi:

@gracula:

Yes, I have exactly 6 more days to complete- oh, another 46,000 words. *sigh* i guess i'll put it off for another year. Maybe you'll join me.

If you ever get around to completing one, you better share with us. ^___^
I'd be interested... but knowing myself, I'd probably have to pass. I have hardly any motivation to write as it is... I guess I'm much more of a reader XD

Good luck, and thank you!  :love:

@StephanyLee:

:w00t:
Steph! Weren't expecting you to drop in, but thanks for your interest. :) 

And i'm here to complain >.>

Of course you would, with the apparent lack of AiEri love that I've shown so far... but have no fear, I have something that I would like to dedicate to you sometime down the road...  :grin:

You better give a hell of story here so i can read it beyond everything

Can't guarantee anything but I'll try!  :heart:
And don't worry about your post, what matters is that you left a comment to acknowledge me by. Thank you! <3
(And this reminds me, I still have to begin catching up with your AiEri one-shots!  XD)

@Haruka:

Thank you!  :heart:
I hope you enjoy the prologue~

@baddie:

It's YOU!  :shocked: Lol, I'm ashamed to say I didn't notice that you'd come back  :sweatdrop:

Welcome back!  :jphip:

Last time you said there were things you needed to deal with first before you could concentrate on your fics~ I hope you've been well, and that life isn't treating you so harshly. I'd also love to see you update your Fairy Tale fic.

But thanks for dropping by and leaving a comment; I'm happy to hear that you're intrigued by the story idea. It's what I'm aiming for, after all. Thanks!  :heart:

@rokun:

:nya:

I must rejoice, for it's senpai rokun who has come visit this thread  :heart: Another person I wasn't expecting to show interest, considering how I've seen you respond to TakaGaki before... (or was it only Gaki? xD). Thank you, thank you, it means a lot!  :heart:

As for the slackers...  :lol:
Well, you guys have been around for AGES, haven't you? Can't expect you to hold the same level of enthusiasm and commitment you may have back then. For me, it's just really heart-warming to see that you've decided to stick around all this time, to guide and support all of us new ones.  :wub:

Awww, thank you~ But rather than awesome, I've always seen myself as annoyingly long-winded .. but it's good to know that my efforts are appreciated. Arigato!  :thumbsup

Well... it wasn't me who delurked Ropy, actually. It was gracula. Another writer you should definitely follow! <3  :yep:

although I do know it's not completely a lurking problem anymore

I used to be a big K-pop fan back then, when Lee Hyori just started out and Se7en was still huge. But I've had a change of heart, and I'm never looking back  :heart: (massive headache trying to catch up with all the K-pop bands coming out >__>)

Yeah, it really isn't JUST a lurking problem, but it's still a lurking problem nonetheless. If I remember correctly, in SarangAi's last fic (which didn't finish too long ago), she held a little poll at the end and over 150 lurkers voted in it... so we DO have a lot of readers here, who HAVE accounts. Sarangai did a good job with her updating (which was incredibly fast and consistent), so she rightfully earned a lot of readers.

But it's a little disappointing not to see more explicit support for our writers here.  :thumbdown:

You are so organized in setting all this up. Are you going to put all the stories just in this thread with an even more organized ToC, or will there be a thread for each extended fic?

It's strange how organised I have to be on the net, as I'm disgustingly messy in real life  XD
I was thinking to have everything in this one thread - I'd rather deal with just this one thread than have several out to look over. But I don't know... would it be better to have a thread for each fic?  :?

That said, reading blogs and such recently I have to say I'm becoming at least slightly more open to TakaGaki.

:OMG:

You did not just say that... wow. Okay... I'm in with a chance now to impress rokun  :mon determined:

Maybe you can get me to like them more again, even if the story sounds a bit... odd.

... odd? In a good or bad way?  XD

YAY! That makes me determined to do a good job of this story. <3

Out of your other stories, I'd say what actually appeals to me the most is Boss Battles. But why do I think Aichan would appear to get her ass kicked very badly?

Looks like it's got to be Boss Battles next  XD
Because Miki's the type who can trample anybody ('cept Yuko... and maybe Yossie xD). It's all in that attitude of hers.  :oops:

Hmmm.. I think the poster for this may be a little misleading. Once I have the first chapter up for this (and that will depend on how quickly I can get this first story done >.<), you'll see what I mean.  :)

Damn husband keeping us from her recently. >_<

:angry:

If she hadn't been whisked away by him in the first place, we could've witnessed a lot more AiMikitty I reckon, with Miki being leader & Ai-chan being subleader and everything *shakes fists*

Thanks for your lovely, thoughtful response, rokun. Honto ni!
 :k-inlove:

---

I don't know if you guys can tell... but I'm feeling kind of burnt out right now  XD

I've spent the last few days making necessary preparations and lots of shopping for my upcoming holiday. I'll be out of Australia from the beginning of December and return sometime halfway through Jan next year... I'll still try to update and respond when I can of course, but I'll probably be a bit more rushed (and absent xD) than usual.

But thanks for all the interest you guys have shown, it really does encourage me!  :luvuluvu:

So next is the prologue. Damn, it's just a prologue. But you can view it as a bit of a chapter zero; it is still a chapter. An introductory one. A little more dramatic than I would have liked, but oh wells.

I feel that my writing here is rather heavy-handed... and perhaps not as accessible to English language learners? >.< I'm always worried that it will be hard for learners to grasp, and I know that we have a few handfuls of these learners here at JPH!P. I'll try to tone it down a little in the successive chapters, which should also help to speed up the updates.  :)

Also, feedback of any kind would be greatly appreciated. Discuss, speculate, critque... I'd love to know what you guys think and what I can do better.  :thumbsup

Question:
Do you prefer to have longer chapters but slower updates ... or shorter chapters but quicker updates?

Lastly... please enjoy!  :heart:

Offline Beecubed

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: STORIES OF US --- [Secret Admirer] UPDATE /Prologue 11/27
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2010, 05:02:26 PM »

Prologue

Dear Gaki-san,

This has taken the kind of courage that I can only hope to gather in a dozen lifetimes. But I’ve managed to write this somehow… I guess I’ve reached the point where if I don’t somehow get my feelings across to you, I might just lose it… I might lose everything.

In short, this is a letter of confession. I’m in love with you.

I don’t know when this started, but all I know is that I’ve been watching you from a distance for far too long. 

I probably won’t be able to say anything to you right now without sounding creepy or stalker-like, so I’m going to try and keep it short. I adore everything about you, Gaki-san. Every little thing. You embody everything that I admire in a person; you’re my one ideal girl, my dream girl. I’ve never felt this way about anybody, and I can only hope, however infinitesimal my hope may be, that you may one day return my feelings. 

But right now, it’s just not possible for me to approach you at face value and try my luck. Is it okay if I continue to write you letters? Is it okay for you to write me some in return?

If all this is too much for you and you’d rather have none of this, I understand. I’ll stop. But if you can find the heart to exchange words and thoughts with me, please reply.

Yours truly,

S e c r e t   A d m i r e r.

---

A night time hush has fallen over the apartment.

There’s a desk. On the desk, a folder lays open, spewing out lecture notes; black marker scrawled across the pages, crooked letters, the hasty kind that’s easily mistaken for a child’s handwriting.

Risa hasn’t moved from this desk in almost half an hour – she’s fast asleep. Ai, having watched her for all of that quiet half hour, moves towards her. She stops for a few moments, simply to listen, to revel in this much craved nearness, then reaches out to tentatively shake the other awake.

Eyes flutter open. Risa’s expression is befuddled as consciousness blooms back into focus, and, slowly, she lifts her head from the desk. In the dimmed glow of the desk lamp, Ai notices then the way the girl dazedly looks down at her waist first, how her hand goes down there briefly before turning her eyes up to regard Ai. The bean’s usually tame hair has staged a full scale rebellion, wisps of it having escaped from her now slack and oddly lopsided ponytail.

“Ai-chan… what the hell happened? What time is it?” she asks groggily.

Half shrouded in inky blackness, Ai glances at her watch, her hands trembling. “It… it’s 9.20.” A moment’s hesitation; she swallows the knot building in her throat. “You must have fallen asleep. How long have you been working on that thesis?”

Risa slouches back in her chair, rubbing absently at her face. “Most of the day… damn.” She begins shifting in her seat, looking down to her waist again. She’s frowning.

“You okay?”

“Yeah…” Risa says, distractedly, her hands slipping to her chest and then off. “Just… I don’t know. Weirdly stimulated like I had one hell of a wet dream or something.” She shifts in her seat again.

Ai twitches as she attempts to observe all this steadily, before a violent rush of blood to her head sends her vision careening, makes her almost tipsy. It’s as though her senses have been plunged under hot water, everything’s rippling around her in coiling waves, and then starts the insane thudding of her heart in her ears.  Quickly, she finds a grip on herself, wills the faintness to dissipate. Whatever words she had ready to offer Risa dries on her lips.

Could she possibly… remember?

She can’t…

There’s no way…

I made sure of that.

“Did that Tanaka stop by and have her way with me while I was sleeping?” Risa asks with a cocked eyebrow, voice hovering between peeved and light-hearted; she isn’t entirely sure if she means to joke. 

“Not that I’m aware of.” Ai chuckles uneasily. Something squeezes inside then, painfully, like a fist, something that hates how easily Risa is able to talk about her and Reina in that way. “Gaki-san, you look worn out. Why don’t you call it a night?”

There’s a glint in the bean’s eyes as she appraises Ai for a lingering moment, almost in an appreciatory way. “I might just.” The moment ends with a weary sigh as Risa fiddles with her study lamp to turn it off. She rises from her chair, her arms taking the brunt of her weight as she tests her unsteady legs. When all seems okay, she stands up straight, raises both arms in a mighty stretch and lets rip a rather unladylike yawn.

It's hard, a lot harder than it should be, but Ai finally manages to tear her eyes away from her friend and leaves the room.

For the rest of the night, Risa keeps looking down at herself, puzzled, as if trying to make sense of something. Ai busies herself as best she can. She bustles about the apartment, purposely finding things to put away or clean, sticking her nose behind a book, but not really reading, just doing everything she can to stop the perilous flow of thoughts. She makes this extra effort to avoid Risa in all manners, not to think of her, but a livid flush still clings to her whole body, like a breathing second skin. The mere sight of the younger girl still looking equal parts confounded and flustered sends a streak of panic ricocheting through her.

Is it possible that Risa could somehow stumble across the memories? Uncover them by accident? Had she really been successful in ridding Risa of those memories? Or was it the case that she’d only managed to tuck them away into a remote corner of the girl’s mind, a place that might actually be possible to find a door to, to set foot in?

No doubt Ai had been too hasty; she should have known better. She should have tested out her abilities on a smaller scale (and involving more trivial things) in order to gauge properly just to what extent she could control a mind and then wipe the associated memories. It was one mammoth risk she’d taken to try something of this nature with Risa on the very first go.

Rash, yes, foolish, even more so. But Ai had felt so brazen tonight, as if the revelation of her powers and its harmony with her very core had imbued her with a new personality. The rush of confidence that had come with it was staggering – but it’s all dulling now, her vigour, that gusto that had driven her to such lengths. What’s left in her is a hollowness she can’t stamp out.

Some part of her had awakened tonight, but some part of her had died too, to give way to this proud new presence. Now tainted in irreparable ways: her innocence, her deep-rooted desire never to cause trouble or harm, no matter how slight. The line that once seemed so distant and unreachable had now been crossed, and not so subtly either. She’d taken a blind step beyond her social confines, or at least what she believed to be her social confines, and now found herself wallowing in the depths of the unfamiliar.

Things too deep and dark for her to have previously dipped a toe in… things like betrayal and corruption, things she’d thought she would never have to concern herself over in this quiet, unspectacular life of hers. All in a single, unsuspecting night.

That night, her life changed forever.

Offline oddball

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Off in the woods........
Re: STORIES OF US --- [Secret Admirer] UPDATE /Prologue 11/27
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2010, 05:10:48 PM »
Awesome start beecubed!!!

So Ai has mind control powers and she, and she used then to have her way with Gaki  :shocked  :panic:

Nice gentle start then  :lol: looking forward to more

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Tommy Heavenly6 - Heavy Starry Chain