JPHiP Radio (27/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Double - Run Away Love

Author Topic: LoVendoЯ in San Francisco  (Read 20176 times)

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
LoVendoЯ in San Francisco
« on: July 04, 2013, 09:55:41 AM »
OMG
Quote from: Amped from JPLOP
Lovendor will be going to J-POP SUMMIT FESTIVAL in San Francisco Japantown, USA on July 27th and 28th
http://www.j-pop.com/2013/lovendor/

admission is free.

7/27 (Sat) 5:15pm @ Pagoda Stage, Japantown
    7/28 (Sun) 2-4pm @ Union Square

Don’t miss the very first U.S. concert of brand new 4-piece girls rock band ‘LoVendoЯ’ led by Reina Tanaka, a former star of “Morning Musume。,” and three more members who were chosen from among 4,000 candidates at the nationwide audition!

◉ LIVE PERFORMANCES:
    ▶ 7/27 (Sat) 5:15pm @ Pagoda Stage, Japantown
    ▶ 7/28 (Sun) 2:00pm-4:00pm @ Union Square, downtown SF
    LoVendoЯ will be performing their very first concert in the US at the Pagoda Stage in Japantown on 7/27 (Sat) at 5:15pm! On the following day, Sunday 7/28, they will appear on the Union Square Live stage, downtown San Francisco to join other superstars from Japan! Free admission. For more information about Union Square Live, please see HERE!

◉ “TOYOTA x STUDIO4℃ meets ANA” TENT:
    ▶ 7/27 (Sat) & 7/28 (Sun) 11:00am-6:00pm Free admission
    Come to “TOYOTA x STUDIO4℃ meets ANA” Tent to see LoVendoЯ and other guests from Japan! For the two days at the festival, various events including autograph sessions, talk events, merchandise sales and mini-lives will be held inside the tent!

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
Re: LoVendoЯ in San Francisco
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2013, 10:41:45 AM »
Already started looking at hotels XD It's only a $400 trip if I drive cross country and stay at the Get Raped Inn :P

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2013, 12:31:08 PM »
Thought it deserved its own topic 8) Hope you don't mind

AYEH REINA
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2013, 01:14:06 PM »
:panic: :panic: :panic: YAY AREEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAA :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

WHERE THE FUCK ARE MY FELLOW BAY AREA H!P FANS AT??? That's right, all 3 of you. :P

Seriously, though...I've been wondering for a long time when Up Front was finally gonna send someone my way! I never thought J-Pop Summit would be the place considering Kylee has been their biggest act so far...but I guess with Kyary Pamyu Pamyu coming this year I should've raised my expectations. Sure, it isn't technically H!P, but OMG IT'S REINA!

TANASATAAAAAAAN!

OTSUKAREEEEIIIINAAAAAA!

It's kinda funny...to be honest I was secretly hoping nobody H!P-related would come to America this year simply because I wouldn't be able to afford to travel to their location. But as it turns out all I'll have to do is struggle with parking!

Time to catch up on some LovendoЯ material!
ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2013, 03:57:14 PM »
HEY anyone who wants to write for jphip, PM daigong!

...He's sitting at 47999 posts and can't post this himself. LOL
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline kitaoji

• Member+
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2013, 04:10:10 PM »
Hi.

I don't even have to worry about parking. :)

I'll be around!

Offline Rina the Robot

• ☠☠☠
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2013, 04:26:37 PM »
West coast gets all the cool shit as usual, you lucky bastards.  :P No chance of me going, just wanted to say I hope everyone who's planning on going has fun!
rina ♥ mini

Offline Chibs

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Confessed Eriholic
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2013, 04:21:27 AM »
Hi Im going yeah

Offline kurotsuki

• Member+
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2013, 04:43:20 AM »
Are you kidding me!!! I was in San Fran for school and now that I'm away for the summer, everything good is happening while I'm not there!

Arashi's Kazunari Ninomiya's movie "Platina Data" is showing in SF in Aug. Kyary Pamyu Pamyu is performing a free show in SF in July. And now Lovendor is going to be there in July! I won't be back in SF til Sep.  :(

I should have stayed on-campus for the summer.  :badluck:

Offline Tris-chan

• Rhyme Fiend
  • Member+
  • MM girls ain't nothin to F* with
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2013, 10:03:39 PM »
Finally something I can freaking go to!

Then Sacramento the next day for a cosplay performance thing...

That weekend is going to be the most busy ever @_@

Offline Chibs

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Confessed Eriholic
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2013, 02:39:45 AM »
@kurotsuki
just come back to san fran early xD

Offline kurotsuki

• Member+
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2013, 07:33:36 AM »
@Chibs
I wish I could but I can't :( Maybe next summer I should just stay in San Fran in case something like this happens again.

Offline rokun

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2013, 10:08:40 PM »
Wtf? How did I just see this now????

This actually gives me an EXCUSE to go visit my mom in the bay area! I can see Reina too!!!! ...maybe it'll make me feel better after not being able to go to her grad concert T_T I promised at the time (though maybe hollowly since I promised the grad too >_<) that I'd be able to still see her in LoVendoЯ, and now she's coming to almost my own back yard (though I don't live there now, I've had residency there before since my mom lives there, and I go at least once a year)!!!!!

Finally I'll be able to see one of these acts in a place I'm familiar with too :lol: My old Japantown stomping grounds... Union Square too, wow...

So if the message hadn't come across, count me in!! Looking forward to seeing you all again too! :D (and maybe finally meeting rndy???)

Offline rokun

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2013, 10:43:20 PM »
Has anyone seen the schedule yet? (I was tipped off by Mirai on jplop)

http://www.j-pop.com/2013/toyota/

7/27:
11:00am: LoVendoЯ Talk event and music video
11:30am: LoVendoЯ autograph session
5:00pm: SWEETY and LoVendoЯ Live Performance at Peace Plaza

7/28:
2:30pm: LoVendoЯ Union Square Live
5:00pm: LoVendoЯ Autograph session and merchandise sales

Here I was hoping I could just make an evening of it Saturday  :( not sure how I'm gonna be able to make it in time for things at 11.

Offline Assman

• aka 大光
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2013, 08:38:16 AM »
GOOD ON YOU ROKS! Anyone meeting up together? Wish Marina a happy bday!

here's more deets:

Quote from: Press Release
Sample New “Cross Collaboration” Anime Project As Well As Live
Girls Band LoVendoЯ and J-Pop Group Sweety, Music Video Screenings & Special In-Person Appearance By PES Anime Director Hidekazu Ohara

San Francisco, CA, July 22, 2013 – Toyota Motor Sales & Marketing (TMSM) has announced its participation with “PES (Peace Eco Smile),” a collaborative animation project with STUDIO4ºC, and its Diamond Level Sponsorship of the 2013 J-POP Summit Festival, taking place Saturday, July 27 and Sunday, July 28, 2013 in San Francisco, CA, to present a range of special animated programming and live music events for the annual Japanese pop culture celebration.

At its booth during J-POP Summit, Toyota Motor Sales & Marketing will present “PES (Peace Eco Smile),” a new collaborative animation project with STUDIO4ºC, a leading Japanese animation studio. A prominent PES tent will be stationed in the center of the Festival to host PES screenings, live appearances by a variety of special Guests of Honor and music video screenings by a variety of hot J-Pop and J-Rock acts.

For more information and images of events and activities at PES (Peace Eco Smile) is available at http://p.tl/u8c6.

Toyota Motor Sales & Marketing and J-POP Summit are also proud to present the exclusive U.S. concert debut of the new girl band, LoVendoЯ, and girl’s pop trio, Sweety. This will be the first time that LoVendoЯ and Sweety will perform live in the United States.

The 2013 J-POP Summit will offer numerous attractions and events including live bands, edgy fashion shows, anime and live-action film premieres, Guest of Honor appearances, live art performances, merchants and vendor booths. Full details are available at www.J-POP.com.

LoVendoЯ Talk & Music Video Screening
TOYOTA x STUDIO4ºC Meets ANA Tent
Saturday, July 27; 11:00am - 11:30am

LoVendoЯ & Sweety LIVE Performance
Pagoda Stage Peace Plaza
Saturday, July 27; 5:00pm – 6:00pm

LoVendoЯ LIVE Performance
Union Square
Sunday, July 28; 2:30pm - 3:00pm

LoVendoЯ Merchandise Sales & Autograph Session
TOYOTA x STUDIO4ºC Meets ANA Tent
Saturday, July 27; 11:30am - 12:00pm
Sunday, July 28; 5:00pm - 6:00pm
※Autograph session limited to the first 50 customers who purchase a LoVendoЯ CD.

WHOA! better wake up at 3 am to get dat merch!

Offline Chibs

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Confessed Eriholic
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2013, 05:06:28 PM »
Quote from: AyuHikaru
Lovendor had an interview with JpopAsia.

http://www.jpopasia.com/news/exclusive-jpopasias-interview-with-lovendo::14537.html

JPA: Do you have plans to release original singles and albums?

Marina Okada: For the moment nothing is decided but everyone will be soon able to hear our songs.
]
Pack it in guys, this shit is gonna take forever.
I will just put it here xD

Offline rokun

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2013, 06:14:35 PM »
^
^
It also seems to say the autograph session on Saturday will be limited to the first 30 people... they are totally gonna have a riot on their hands.

Edit: Oh wait, UpFrontLink tweeted it'll be the first 50 on Saturday and the first 50 on Sunday too. Still, that's pretty restricted. XD Those Japanese wota on Sunday who'll be happy to just skip the Union Square live to stand in line...
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 06:19:38 PM by rokun »

Offline Rayle

• Member+
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2013, 08:15:50 AM »
I'll be going both days, and probably all day both days.
On Saturday, will be wearing a yellow shirt and grey short sleeve hoodie, faded-black patchwork cap.
On Sunday, will be wearing a red shirt, grey jacket, with faux-cornrows on one side. (a la Gekikara, but with short hair. So more like Berryz's Saki's hair in Special Generation)
Large brown over-the-shoulder bag.

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2013, 09:16:21 AM »
So what's the plans for the weekend? Lunch between/before shows? Saturday night gatherings?

It's only a few days away and I'm still not quite ready; the blessing and curse of living right next door to the whole thing. :lol: Gotta make sure to wake up extra early on Saturday. I might be able to give folks a ride between Daly City and Japantown if need be.

Flights coming in from Japan to SFO on Friday will be arriving mostly in the morning, with a couple in the afternoon...just saying...
ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

Offline kitaoji

• Member+
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2013, 03:35:14 PM »
Looks like it's rokun, Rayle, J-Triumf, chibs, and myself at the least. Anybody else? Step right up!

Today is such a great day to stop in South San Francisco! (hah.) I'm betting my time on the 11:00 am flights.

I can be pretty nondescriptive, but have every intention to wear the Masaki-birthday t-shirt so that'll be pretty distinctive.  Depending on the weather, I'll have my dark kelly green snoopy jacket (you'll notice the snoopy logo on the back) as much as possible, but if it's too cold I'll just have a navy blue fleece.

The other distinction is my Mission Workshop Sanction black rucksack, which stands out a bit due to its back metal buckles, and I'll probably be riding my bike at least on Saturday, so look out for the white helmet hanging at my side. 

PM me if you'd like my phone number to plan out any weekend or hangouts, as Geary Boulevard (out towards the Avenues) and Fillmore Street have some pretty nice places to eat.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 03:43:51 PM by kitaoji »

JPHiP Radio (27/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Double - Run Away Love