JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Dayo Wong - Cockroach

Author Topic: Official FOOTBALL Thread  (Read 246682 times)

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Official FOOTBALL Thread
« Reply #1620 on: August 24, 2013, 12:58:12 PM »
I didn't think Cesc would ever go to be honest. Barca was his dream club he wanted to play for and yes he hasn't got much playtime but with Xavi and Iniesta not getting any younger, now would be the time to stay and make a name of himself. We should have just given up at the first offer. We aren't really doing so hot at the transfer market right now. We've cocked up getting Felliani and Baines so much too. After promising a marquee signing, Moyes has now come out and said we might not sign anyone before the market closes. Worry about our center midfield if Carrick is the only regular playing there. Sure Cleverly has promise but still, he's not the type of player we need.

Considering other teams have bought big and gotten stronger (on paper at least) than last season. City just throwing cash about like it's nothing and Spurs making some big business over the Bale move. Which is sure to happen as Madrid have reportedly sold shirts with his name and are building a platform on the stage to do a presentation. Has to be the reveal of Bale. I think Spurs have done some brilliant business on the back of that move, considering the players they have got as a result.

Look at this goal from Paul Pogba. Literally could not have asked for a better seat.

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1621 on: August 24, 2013, 01:53:02 PM »
Willian :kickass:

I'm happy with the business Spurs have done so far. Soldado, Paulinho, and Chadli have looked great. And if we pick up Lamela? Shit.
I just want the shitstorm surrounding both Bale and Willian to finally end. It'll be sad to see Bale go, but at the figures reported, then it would be irresponsible to not sell.

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #1622 on: August 24, 2013, 07:42:07 PM »
freaking over 100M for Bale... they have to sell now inbefore dude gets a major injury

AC MILAN lost XD Luca Toni was the man

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1623 on: August 25, 2013, 07:01:18 PM »
Cardiff 3 - 2 Man City. God I love days like these. Is Joe Hart the most overrated footballer in the league? Double agent Campbell doing the business for Cardiff. Of course it's only two games in and it's very early days but still, let's all laugh at Man City for the time being.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 07:14:12 PM by Tuffty »

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1624 on: September 22, 2013, 08:55:37 PM »
Paulinho in Extra Time vs Cardiff (Lamela Assist)

Paulinho!!!
I was worried for a minute, even though Spurs looks pretty good the whole game. I wished I had been able to watch that Manchester Derby too, though..  :cokecat:
All the new Spurs signings look really sharp, can't even say I miss Bale at this rate.

in before tuffty

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1625 on: September 23, 2013, 12:29:10 AM »
So that Manchester derby..

It's not so much in terms of losing, or points lost, but what's been most disappointing is the size and the manner of the defeat. The stats aren't even indicative of the game, because Man U have had a few chances shy of goal attempts and more possession when the actual game shows that they were all over us in that game. Media will no doubt mark it as the beginning of the demise of the club but with 5 games gone in the season and 5 points separating us from the top, the only thing to do now is to pick up and move on.

Oh and sell Young in Jan. He's proper shit.

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #1627 on: December 07, 2013, 12:12:20 PM »
Just saw the World Cup draws....

U.S.A. in group of death :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My laughter could not be contained XD
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline mfnp

« Reply #1628 on: December 24, 2013, 10:33:27 PM »
Just saw the World Cup draws....

U.S.A. in group of death :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My laughter could not be contained XD
Well, my team has a "taste" for "groups of death" lol...  :heart: Portugal  :heart: !!

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1629 on: June 09, 2014, 11:48:15 PM »
WORLD CUP FANTASSY

http://en.mcdonalds.fantasy.fifa.com/leagues/43057

Password is 'rika'. BE THERE :cokecat:

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1630 on: June 10, 2014, 01:38:17 PM »
Double post

I created a predictor as well. CHeck it: http://en.castrol.predictor.fifa.com/groups/5605

Password is: 'tamamad'

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1631 on: June 12, 2014, 06:15:46 PM »
Be sure to not miss out on our World Cup Watch Party™ in IRC. BE THERE.

Result predictions? Croatia isn't bad, but against Brazil IN Brazil.. God help them. I almost want Brazil to lose, to see the public's reaction, though :cokecat:

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #1632 on: June 13, 2014, 12:41:21 AM »
Great first game, lots of wacky and entertaining moments. Mostly good moments, though.

--

Here's my squad for the group stage in the fantasy league. Using kind of an "all eggs in one basket" strategy with great field and a sub-par bench. Might work, might not. If players get rested/injured, it's Iran/Algeria/Honduras time! Haha... the rules are also more complicated than in the Euro fantasy 2 years ago, so we'll see how it goes.

As you can see, so far my picks are both great and not so great. Marcelo incredibly managed an own goal, which was an automatic -2 points and also killed both his and Cesar's clean sheet points (2x4). I thought it was so hilarious I didn't even mind that he was in my team and effectively cost me 10 points. Neymar was stellar however, so he kinda made up for it, especially as a captain. So Cesar 6pts, Marcelo 4, Neymar 28 (14x2).

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #1633 on: June 13, 2014, 09:53:07 PM »
My current pitch

facebook | signatures by boykun. ava by rei-chan. | basugasubakuhatsu

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #1634 on: June 13, 2014, 11:27:30 PM »
That match was just complete insanity. Wouldn't be surprised if Casillas wasn't playing in the next one, even if they're much much easier.

--

Man, I'm glad I didn't pick any Spanish defense... :lol:  Alonso was a good pick, he scored Spain's only goal and got 10 points. Iniesta didn't do much, 4 points from him.

So, with 5 of my players already played, a total of 55 points so far.

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #1635 on: June 13, 2014, 11:57:52 PM »

Fear my non existent points until my players play against each other tomorrow  :shakeit:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1636 on: June 14, 2014, 01:17:41 AM »
Quite surprising that Spain got thrashed so convincingly. Think it was a mistake to take Alonso off, Spain lost any control of the game after that and couldn't get it back. I wouldn't mind if Van Gaal just bought all the Dutch players for the Man Utd job! As for Spain, well, look on the bright side. I did make Alonso captain so his penalty got me double points. Dante wasn't playing yesterday sadly, but it's only 2 out of 11 players so far and with 20 points, I guess that's pretty good! Regetting not getting RVP now after today! Like Stryfe, my sub bench is full of lesser players (and Fernandinho) so hoping none of my first XI get injured!

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1637 on: June 14, 2014, 11:58:56 PM »

Bench is secret, DEAL WITH IT :tama-mad:

Offline boykun

• トマトケチャップ 100% OK
  • Member+
« Reply #1638 on: June 15, 2014, 01:02:08 AM »
Changed my formation cus I made bad decisions