JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Blackpink - Don`t Know What To Do

Author Topic: Post your PC's specs here! + Discussion about hardware  (Read 104796 times)

Offline NAzu

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Post your PC's specs here! + Discussion about hardware
« Reply #360 on: August 03, 2009, 04:25:42 PM »
so is it ok for taking the ECS as my mobo, since i'm not a hardcore gamer ??
Pretty much the same which one you pick if you dont have strict requirements for the mobo (overclocking features, special connectors/slots etc). Just make sure the mobo has the right socket for your cpu and it supports your cpu, has right memory slots (ddr/ddr2/ddr3) and has enough sata/ide ports for your harddisks/optical drives. For basic computer user the ECS mobo is totally ok. About Foxconn having bad quality control, not sure about that. Might be same kind of things like "ASUS SUCKS!!!" and actually the guy saying that had one Asus mobo that broke down. No manufacturer has zero fault free stuff, people should remember that. Also Foxconn makes motherboards for Intel so I'm pretty sure they dont make crap stuff.

Offline LASVEGAS

• ecchi
« Reply #361 on: September 08, 2009, 01:19:28 AM »
Upgraded my PC 8):

CPU: Intel Core i7
Motherboard: ASUS P6T X58
RAM: 3Gb DDR3 Kingston 1333Mhz
GPU: nVidia GeForce 285GTX
Cooling System: Zalman CNPS9900

Offline Takuya7

• Member+
« Reply #362 on: October 27, 2009, 12:24:37 AM »
MB: P5S-MX-SE
HD: 160GB
VC: GeForce7200GS 256MB DDR2
CPU: Intel core2duo
RAM: 896

well, that's all I know regarding my pc setup

Offline BX_LeMans

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #363 on: October 28, 2009, 08:53:58 PM »
My sister always get my old pc, when I buy a new one for myself. This time hers broke down so I had to think about a new one for her or a new one for me and the old one for her  :lol:

Since my girlfriend and me wanted a good entertainment system and I need a good system for games, we decided to kill some money.

My sis got my old one (P7) + a new 22" LCD and two 512MB XFX GeForce 9600GT XXX GDDR3 DVI TVo PCIe because one of the old ones makes terrible sounds. Sold them to a friend with a new cooler.

So I use now since this month(as very early X-Mas gift :w00t:) the following with a total of 2800€

CPU : AMD Phenom X4 9850 4x2500MHz 4x512kB AM2+ Box Black Editon
Cooler : Thermalright IFX-14 AMD Heatsink S AM2/AM2+
Fans :  140x140x20 Aerocool Streamliner LED-Fan silver , 2 for the cpu-cooler, 1 for the bottom of the case
Board : Asus Crosshair II Formula AM2+ NF780a HTB 5200MT PCIe ATX
RAM : 2x2048MB Kit G.Skill 4GBPI 1100MHz CL5 , two sets, in total 8GB, limit of the board :(
Graphic : 512MB MSI Geforce N9800GTX Plus-T2D512-OC GDDR3 DVI TVo PCIe , two over SLI
Sound : Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro Series , together with the onboard sound, i can play, while my girl is watching DVD
HDD : 1000GB Samsung Spinpoint F1 32MB SATA 2 Retail , two of them, in total with one of my old hdd, 2,5TB
Blue-Ray : LiteOn DVD Blu-Ray R/RW/DL/RAM SATA
Power : Aerocool HorsePower - 1020 Watt
Case : Thermaltake Xaser VI Super Tower G4000BNS                                 

Screen : 26" Samsung SyncMaster T260 Rose Black 5ms 20000:1 DVI-D/HDMI
Sound : Logitech Z Cinema
Keyboard : Logitech Ultra-Flat Keyboard black
Mouse : Logitech G9 Laser Mouse

TV runs over a 46" Samsung LE46A557 30000:1 Full HD 1080p since end of juli, a gift for the 1.2 Abitur of my girlfriend.

And there it goes to hell  :OMG: :dizzy: :depressed:

Totally burned down. The power pack had a short circuited and four condensers burned, that shot on the 5V-line 16A through the system and completely killed everything except one RAM and the big HDD!

Just ordered a new system. For more place this time a bigtower.

I really  :bow: that I can restore the data on my terrabyte-hdd, 800GB with japanese movies, doramas and my collection with mp3's and pv's from H!P. A desaster, if this is destroyed.
The harddisk itself runs, just the boot directory is gone. If I can restore the data, this wil need muuuuch time to sort everything  :nervous
I'm not the signature, I'm just cleaning here.

Offline NAzu

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #364 on: October 28, 2009, 09:26:56 PM »
Quote from:  BX_LeMans
And there it goes to hell   

Totally burned down. The power pack had a short circuited and four condensers burned, that shot on the 5V-line 16A through the system and completely killed everything except one RAM and the big HDD!

Just ordered a new system. For more place this time a bigtower.

I really   that I can restore the data on my terrabyte-hdd, 800GB with japanese movies, doramas and my collection with mp3's and pv's from H!P. A desaster, if this is destroyed.
The harddisk itself runs, just the boot directory is gone. If I can restore the data, this wil need muuuuch time to sort everything

Listen to me now. Back the order and change the psu. This is from preventing the last time happening. Super flower doesnt produce good quality psu's. I recommend getting a Enermax Modu82+ 525w or 625w model. Corsair HX620w or HX750w are good picks too. Psu is one of the most important parts of your computer. you should NOT save on the psu. Lower quality psu's like probably the one you had in your older system doesnt have good circuit protections so once the psu fails it will drag the whole system to hell. Good quality psu's protect the computers parts from voltage spikes and if the psu from some reason blows it doesnt harm the parts of the computer.

Other notes from the parts you chose:

1. The ram heatspreaders are unnecessery. Valueram isnt for overclocking and if you choose to overclock the ram it will be fine without the heatspreaders.
2. Wayyy to much ram=waste of money. Name one application or a game you use that benefits from 16GB of ram? There are probably none and will be like that in future. 8GB is plenty for photo editing and other ram heavy usage. 4GB is the usual amount people buy for they're systems and it's enough for gaming and normal use.
3. You can spend the saved money on better videocard. Like the HD5850 or HD5870.

Otherwise the parts look ok.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 09:29:06 PM by NAzu »

Offline BX_LeMans

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #365 on: October 28, 2009, 09:50:23 PM »
OK, sounds good. I send the ordered PSU back and change with the Enermax.
http://www.mindfactory.de/product_info.php/info/p426273_Netzteil-ATX-Enermax-MODU-82--625W-ATX-2-3.html

The rest I don't change. Until now I always counted on Nvidia and I don't really want to change that :D

I don't really care for the money. This system is the money from my part time job in a business school, more a hobby than work.
I like teaching and I can help people to get a new job with the additional knowledge.

Offline NAzu

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #366 on: October 28, 2009, 09:54:32 PM »
Good. As long as you're happy with the system  :)

Offline BX_LeMans

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #367 on: October 28, 2009, 10:01:05 PM »
I looked in the onlineshop. An alternative graphic would be the GTX295. Seems there is no nvidia with GDDR5-memory at the moment. I can replace that later too. One of our apprentices will have a use for the sparkle :D

Offline Guchi_Jnr

• Livin' Your Dream
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #368 on: October 31, 2009, 05:19:25 AM »
My pc is really old and falling apart, and the other day I heard something go "bang!" inside, so think it's time to replace it... Yeah??

Can't justify spending much since I'm not a gamer (have no games at all), and all I use the pc for is work related stuff, watching downloaded TV shows, ripping DVDs and playing music..
So was thinking about getting this tomorrow..

Gateway
デスクトップパソコン Model DX
DX4822-45

会員様web特価    89,800 円 (税込)

Code: [Select]
■ 仕様 ■
CPU:インテル Core 2 Quad プロセッサー Q9400

・動作周波数:2.66GHz
・2次 キャッシュ:6MB
システムバス:1333MHz FSB
チップセット:インテル G43 Express チップセット

メインメモリ:
・標準/最大:4GB(2048MB×2)/8GB
・仕様:DDR2 SDRAM 800MHz
・スロット数(空き):4(2)

表示機能:
・グラフィックス:nVidia GeForce GT230
・ビデオメモリ:専用1536MB、最大4351MB (メインメモリーと共有)
ハードディスクドライブ:750GB 7200RPM (SATA)
光学ドライブ:DVDスーパーマルチ(DVD±R 2層記録対応)
サウンド:第三世代 Dolby Home Theater
通信機能:

・モデム:Data 56kbps/Fax 14.4kbps PCI
・LAN:10/100/1000 Ethernet LAN

インターフェース:
・VGAポート:背面ビデオカード×1 (ミニ D-Sub 15ピン)
・DVIポート:背面ビデオカード×1(HDCP対応)
・HDMIポート:背面ビデオカード×1
・USB (USB 2.0):前面×2 + 天面×2 + 背面×4 (合計 8)
・IEEE 1394(6)ピン:×1(背面)
・モデム:RJ-11ポート(背面)
・LANポート:RJ45ポート(背面)
・キーボード・マウス(PS/2ポート):キーボード用×1 + マウス用×1(背面)
・オーディオ入出力 (前面):ヘッドフォン 出力 (ステレオ)、マイク 入力 (モノラル)
・オーディオ入出力 (背面) :7.1 チャネル ハイ・デフィニション・オーディオ
 ヘッドフォン/フロントスピーカー出力 (ステレオ)
 センター/サブウーファー出力
 リアスピーカー出力(ステレオ)
 サイドスピーカー出力(ステレオ)

メディアマネジャー:マルチインワン メディアマネジャー
(コンパクトフラッシュ (Type I&II)、CF+ マイクロドドライブ、xD-Picture Card、メモリースティック
  (Memory Stick、Memory Stick PRO)、セキュアデジタル (SD Card、Mini SD Card、MicroSD Card)
 マルチメディアカード (MMC、MMCPlus、RS-MMC、MMCMobile))、マルチメディアカード (MMC、MMCPlus))

拡張スロット (空き):
・PCI-E x 16:1 (0) グラフィックボードに使用
・PCI-E x 1:1
・PCI:2 (1) モデムに使用

拡張ベイ (空き):
・3.5 インチベイ数:4 (3)
・5.25 インチベイ数:2 (1)
電源:500W
外形寸法(H×W×D):412.4mm (H)×413.2mm (D)×180mm (W)
本体重量:8.5kg (本体重量)

メーカー保証期間:
・1年パーツ・作業費
・1年無償テクニカルサポート、E-メールおよびライブチャットによるサポートあり

付属ソフトウェア:
・Norton Internet Security (60日版)
・Cyberlink PowerCinema (CPRM対応)
・Nero 9 Essentials
・Adobe Reader

付属品:
・USB 接続ステレオスピーカ
・Gateway マルチメディア・キーボード (PS/2 接続)
・Gateway 光学ホイールマウス 3ボタン (USB接続)

Do you guys think that'll be alright, or should I keep looking?

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #369 on: October 31, 2009, 07:57:58 AM »
^ And with such a system he says he is not going to use it for games  :thumbsup

Offline NAzu

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #370 on: October 31, 2009, 01:15:00 PM »
^ And with such a system he says he is not going to use it for games  :thumbsup
Sarcasm? Anyways, that's a shitty videocard in the Gateway system but shouldn't be a problem since Guchi_Jnr said he's not gonna play games with it. It would be cheaper to build a computer by buying the parts separately and assembling it yourself. But if you don't have experience with computers, a comp like the Gateway is a better pick.

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #371 on: October 31, 2009, 01:17:25 PM »
Looks more than sufficient for any non-gaming purposes (and most games except the most bleeding edge).

The only sticking point would be the 750gb hard drive. I'd consider going to a TB one if you want to download a lot of video to it.

Offline Guchi_Jnr

• Livin' Your Dream
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #372 on: October 31, 2009, 03:49:42 PM »
Thanks for the input guys..

@NAzu
Haven't had any problems building pcs in the past, and I was going to do that again, but after having a look around, I realized I have no clue on what's good and what's not these days.. And I'm way too lazy to read a shit load of reviews..

@Asmodai
I've been living on 370gb for the last 7years.. 750 will be fine.. And I could always throw in 250 from my current pc..

That being said, I might have to wait until next pay day, since one of our cats is throwing up blood tonight..
Need to take him to the vet first thing in the morning and see what the hell is going on..   :cry:

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #373 on: October 31, 2009, 07:13:22 PM »
That being said, I might have to wait until next pay day, since one of our cats is throwing up blood tonight..
Need to take him to the vet first thing in the morning and see what the hell is going on..   :cry:
Cats go first, sure hope its curable! Keep us posted.

I have build PC's myself, but these days when they have run 3-5 years it way easier to just buy a new (compact) system then try to build one again.

And for disks: I use 2*500GB as main drives, the rest is USB external drives for archival storage (I think I finally am up to the level someone earlier posted here: above 16TB  :grin:)

Offline rebornsoul

• Member+
« Reply #374 on: November 15, 2009, 12:59:29 PM »
im going to overclock my harddisk so it gets more rpm  :banghead:

Offline 1517

• Member+
« Reply #375 on: November 30, 2009, 03:46:55 PM »
while waiting new PC (specially want mobo with USB 3.0 ports & low power quad proc)
my current PC spec :
- Intel DP965LT
- Pentium D 805
- 2x Kingston KVR533 1GB
- ST 3250820AS drive
- WDC 2500KS & 6400AACS drives
- HiS Radeon 3650 IceQ
- Enlight PSU 500watt
- Windows XP
stable enough so far to run capable softwares and 24/7 online, although EVEREST reported current temps :
GPU:45C, Mobo:61C, CPU:62C :doh:
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 03:49:47 PM by 1517 »

Offline adventwriter

• Forever a Linlin wota.
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #376 on: January 08, 2010, 02:20:40 AM »
HP Pavilion dv6000
AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-56 - Dual Core
2GB DDR2 RAM
160GB Internal Hard Drive
320GB External HD
160GB External HD
NVidia GeForce Go 6150
Windows Vista Home Premium SP2

- this is a 2+ year old PC.... saving for a new one.

Offline Guchi_Jnr

• Livin' Your Dream
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #377 on: January 24, 2010, 02:33:55 PM »
My pc is really old and falling apart, and the other day I heard something go "bang!" inside, so think it's time to replace it... Yeah??

Can't justify spending much since I'm not a gamer (have no games at all), and all I use the pc for is work related stuff, watching downloaded TV shows, ripping DVDs and playing music..
So was thinking about getting this tomorrow..

Gateway
デスクトップパソコン Model DX
DX4822-45

会員様web特価    89,800 円 (税込)

Code: [Select]
■ 仕様 ■
CPU:インテル Core 2 Quad プロセッサー Q9400

・動作周波数:2.66GHz
・2次 キャッシュ:6MB
システムバス:1333MHz FSB
チップセット:インテル G43 Express チップセット

メインメモリ:
・標準/最大:4GB(2048MB×2)/8GB
・仕様:DDR2 SDRAM 800MHz
・スロット数(空き):4(2)

表示機能:
・グラフィックス:nVidia GeForce GT230
・ビデオメモリ:専用1536MB、最大4351MB (メインメモリーと共有)
ハードディスクドライブ:750GB 7200RPM (SATA)
光学ドライブ:DVDスーパーマルチ(DVD±R 2層記録対応)
サウンド:第三世代 Dolby Home Theater
通信機能:

・モデム:Data 56kbps/Fax 14.4kbps PCI
・LAN:10/100/1000 Ethernet LAN

インターフェース:
・VGAポート:背面ビデオカード×1 (ミニ D-Sub 15ピン)
・DVIポート:背面ビデオカード×1(HDCP対応)
・HDMIポート:背面ビデオカード×1
・USB (USB 2.0):前面×2 + 天面×2 + 背面×4 (合計 8)
・IEEE 1394(6)ピン:×1(背面)
・モデム:RJ-11ポート(背面)
・LANポート:RJ45ポート(背面)
・キーボード・マウス(PS/2ポート):キーボード用×1 + マウス用×1(背面)
・オーディオ入出力 (前面):ヘッドフォン 出力 (ステレオ)、マイク 入力 (モノラル)
・オーディオ入出力 (背面) :7.1 チャネル ハイ・デフィニション・オーディオ
 ヘッドフォン/フロントスピーカー出力 (ステレオ)
 センター/サブウーファー出力
 リアスピーカー出力(ステレオ)
 サイドスピーカー出力(ステレオ)

メディアマネジャー:マルチインワン メディアマネジャー
(コンパクトフラッシュ (Type I&II)、CF+ マイクロドドライブ、xD-Picture Card、メモリースティック
  (Memory Stick、Memory Stick PRO)、セキュアデジタル (SD Card、Mini SD Card、MicroSD Card)
 マルチメディアカード (MMC、MMCPlus、RS-MMC、MMCMobile))、マルチメディアカード (MMC、MMCPlus))

拡張スロット (空き):
・PCI-E x 16:1 (0) グラフィックボードに使用
・PCI-E x 1:1
・PCI:2 (1) モデムに使用

拡張ベイ (空き):
・3.5 インチベイ数:4 (3)
・5.25 インチベイ数:2 (1)
電源:500W
外形寸法(H×W×D):412.4mm (H)×413.2mm (D)×180mm (W)
本体重量:8.5kg (本体重量)

メーカー保証期間:
・1年パーツ・作業費
・1年無償テクニカルサポート、E-メールおよびライブチャットによるサポートあり

付属ソフトウェア:
・Norton Internet Security (60日版)
・Cyberlink PowerCinema (CPRM対応)
・Nero 9 Essentials
・Adobe Reader

付属品:
・USB 接続ステレオスピーカ
・Gateway マルチメディア・キーボード (PS/2 接続)
・Gateway 光学ホイールマウス 3ボタン (USB接続)

Do you guys think that'll be alright, or should I keep looking?

Didn't end up buying then, because other things took more priority, but last week, my old pc was badly fucking up :( , so went and had a look again .. 
Instead of going to Joshin, I went to Joshin Outlet, and fuck yeah!! it was only 48,000yen..  :twothumbs

Can't believe how quick this is compared to my old piece of shit!!  :fap

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
« Reply #378 on: January 29, 2010, 06:07:49 AM »
Here's my PC specs. The system was originally put together in January of 2007 but has seen a bunch of changes since...

Shuttle SN27P2 barebones system with 400w PSU, still going strong
AMD X2 6000+ dual core processor @ 3.1 Ghz (originally AMD X2 4600 @ 2.4 Ghz)
8GB DDR2 RAM (originally 1GB, later upgraded to 4GB)
Western Digital Velociraptor hard drive with 300GB of space (originally a basic WD hard drive with 250GB, which is still in the system)
ATI Radeon HD 4670 video card (originally ATI Radeon X1650XT)
Gateway FHD 2400 monitor, 24" screen with 1920x1200 resolution (originally a ViewSonic VX922 19" monitor that was carried over from a previous system)
- And on that note, I also have an HDMI hookup to my 26" Magnavox flatscreen TV, but I don't dual-screen much due to the TV being horrible for PC usage compared to my main monitor and because it causes MP4 videos to lose sync with audio, though it's great for standard resolution DivX/Xvid files
Samsung TS-H552U DVD burner carried over from my previous system
Mitsumi FA-404 card reader/floppy drive combo (previously a basic floppy drive that carried over from two systems back--came with a Gateway PC I bought in 2001!)
Logitech Z-4 2.1 speaker system (originally some basic 2.0 speakers that also carried over from the 2001 Gateway system)
Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 USB keyboard (originally a Gateway keyboard that had survived since 2001)
Logitech RX1000 laser mouse (previously a basic Logitech optical mouse)
Xbox 360 wired controller and a Logitech Dual Action gamepad (the latter of which isn't really used anymore), both carried over from my previous system
Wacom Graphire3 tablet, also carried over from the previous system, currently the oldest hardware still in use
Canon CanoScan LiDE70 flatbed scanner (replaced a Visioneer 7600 that came with the 2001 Gateway system and was only officially compatible with Windows ME--the one element of my Gateway setup I miss the least)
Epson Workforce 600 printer/scanner that my roommate owns and is shared for the household (previously a Canon BJC-2100 printer that came with the Gateway--it was the most reliable element of that setup and the one I really didn't wanna part with, ironically I got it for free with the system :P)
Rosewill RNX-N2X wireless network adapter (no previous equivalent, system was hooked up directly to the modem before)
Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit operating system (previously Windows XP Home but I needed a 64-bit OS to take advantage of more RAM)

I only have a few minor upgrades in mind for the forseeable future, such as a bigger hard drive and a newer card reader that can handle SDHC cards. I'm hoping this system lasts me a few more years, but I'm just glad it outlasted my Gateway PC that died a slow, ugly death after just short of 3 years due to both my own lack of maintenance knowledge at the time and a poorly built PSU that broke down and led to an overheated CPU.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 06:11:52 AM by J-Triumf »
ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

Offline zakdl

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #379 on: January 30, 2010, 02:57:34 AM »
MB: Gigabyte EX58-UD3R Intel X58
CPU: Intel Core i7 920 D0 Stepping 2.66Ghz
RAM: OCZ Gold 6GB (3x2GB) DDR3 Triple Channel
VC: XFX Geforce 9400 GT 1GB TurboCache
HD: Western Digital Caviar Green 1.5TB SATA-II 64MB Cache

I also got 2 Samsung P2070's to go with it too. I use this as my DAW pc for making my music and its amazing. So much better than my macbook pro that cost like almost 3 times as much as what I paid for ALL of the things I bought for my PC build.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 03:00:33 AM by zakdl »

JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Blackpink - Don`t Know What To Do