JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Go! Go! 7188 - Umasi Kamono

Author Topic: Japan Earthquake and Tsunami: HELP OUT!  (Read 62254 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: Japan Earthquake and Tsunami: HELP OUT!
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2011, 07:09:08 AM »

HEY DC/MD/VA PEEPS!

I'm helping put on a fundraiser to help Japan.  Here are the details.  The event is also on my Facebook wall, so if you'd like, you can check it out and RSVP there.

Fundraising for Japan!

Saturday, April 9 at 7:00pm - April 10 at 2:00am

Tortoise & Hare Bar and Grille
567 South 23rd Street
Arlington, VA

Zeta Sigma Chi Multicultural Sorority, Inc. has teamed up with Tortoise & Hare Bar and Grille to raise funds to benefit those affected by the disaster in Japan.

Join us and enjoy great food, drinks and live music, all while lending support! $5 at the door will get you food and drink specials! We will also raffle off prizes graciously donated by local businesses and collect additional donations inside the restaurant.

100% of the proceeds will go towards Mercy Corps in their efforts assisting the victims of the disaster in Japan. For more info about the organization, please visit: http://www.mercycorps.org/

If you cannot make it to the event, you can still contribute by visiting our donation page: http://www.mercycorps.org/fundraising/zscforjapan

Venue details:
Tortoise & Hare Bar and Grille
567 South 23rd Street
Arlington VA 22202
Phone: (703) 979-1872
Metro Accessible from the Blue or Yellow Lines!

NOICE! Way to do work Kimmy :thumbsup so proud of you homegirl. I'll help pimp.

oh totally Wonderboy, we donate if you want - I don't bother to write it in my taxes (hope taxman isn't reading this)

The telethons going on...

Here's hoping the snowy weather doesn't affect the search and rescue too much, and shit, the nuclear situation improves. Everyone in a panic over radiation. Heard on the news this one guy talking about people taking buses outta Sendai, feeling they've betrayed the peeps.

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2011, 08:55:24 AM »
For other UK people donating, don't forget gift-aid!
If you donate to the UK Red Cross like me or any other related charity in the UK, like oxfam, save the children, Japan relief fund and pick gift-aid the UK government will boost your donation by a pretty decent amount, which is really pretty awesome!

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2011, 06:05:11 PM »
The Dutch government donated 1 million Euro to the Red Cross  :thumbup

edit: finally got my paycheck so I made my donation as well. It's not as much as some of you guys donated (props!!) but I hope it will help someone eventually.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 02:16:02 PM by BarrieV »

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2011, 04:01:28 AM »
^ GJ Barrie. Anything counts, it's what's in your heart! Just because the news is focusing on the West trying to fix gas prices doesn't mean the crisis is over. The search continues. Mad props to the firefighters and workers trying to cool down the nuclear reactors. Progress but shit the radiation.

They did something awesome locally here:

For an entire day, Famoso pizza will donate all its profits to disaster relief efforts in Japan.

“Our world is more connected than ever and it’s devastating to see the desperation people are going through,” said Christian Bullock, co-founder of Famoso.

“If it was us, I think we’d greatly appreciate the world’s help.”

On March 22, across Alberta, all five Famoso Neapolitan Pizzeria locations will join together to donate an entire day’s worth of profit toward the Canadian Red Cross for relief efforts in Japan.

The goal is to raise $10,000.

“I don’t think it takes much to feel tied to Japan,” said Justin Lussier, spokesman for the pizzeria.

“We expect it to be very busy.”

jasmine.franklin@sunmedia.ca

thx to the homegirl Mika for the link. Just amazin how strong the Japanese are during these times.

Like Rika says:

被災地の皆さんへ

心よりお見舞い申し上げます。
皆さんの安全、健康、平和をお祈りしています。

日本全国の皆さんへ

まだ余震が続いていますが、元気と笑顔を忘れずに!

最大のパワーとなるはずです!

今日は「旅サラダ」でアルゼンチンの旅を放送しました。

今回はスタジオにお邪魔出来なかったので、来週はスタジオでお届けできるといいな。

そして今、私はある作品を作ってます!

皆さんにお届け出来る日を楽しみに

今、私に出来る事。

目の前にあるものに全力で取り組むこと!

伝えること!

そして笑顔をお届けすること!!

私の思い

届きますように

http://yahoo-mbga.jp/35356426/diary/804422825

translated by Dan:

From me

To all of the affected areas
My sincere sympathy.
I pray for your safety, health, and peace.

People all over Japan
The aftershocks are still continuing, remember to smile and be happy!
It is supposed to be the greatest power!

Today "Travel Salad" with Argentina was broadcast.
Because it was not possible to be in the studio, I hope to be in the studio next week.

And now, I'm working!
I look forward to telling you all about it in the coming days

Now, what you can do for me.
Commitment to tackle what is in front of you!
Communicate!
And do things with a smile!!
My desire
To get through this

POSITIVE!! :japan:

Offline electric mole

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2011, 03:56:47 AM »

http://wordisbond.bandcamp.com/album/hope-for-tomorrow
Here's a 38 track hip hop compilation album for only $6 USD.
100% of the profit goes towards charity.
“Hope For Tomorrow” is our humble idea to make a difference. We are reaching out to YOU to support our efforts in providing help for those struggling in the aftermath. Our friends at Kevin Nottingham have come on board to assist in the release of a charity album. We are grateful to be in a position to use the talents of some of the undergrounds most respected hip-hop artists. It is our hope that this project will continue to garner attention for the people of Japan and raise some much needed funds.

100% of the money will be given away and shared between the charities Save The Children and

GlobalGiving. The best news is that the album is available for only 6 dollars so it's hard to say no. Artists to feature include Substantial, Dela, Soulchef, Thomas Prime, Marcus D & K-Murdock aswell as some big names from Japan. The global theme of the project is expressed through participation of artists from France, UK, Japan whilst other artists hail from Australia, Germany, USA and the rest of the world!

Alongside the music is a chance to enter our competition for prizes, with the larger the donations the bigger the chance of winning a coveted prize. 20 Dollars or more will see you entered into our top tier of prizes, 10 Dollars will give you a chance for our second tier, but better still there is a guaranteed chance of a prize so long as you can donate in some form.

Offline Rickker708

• Member+
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2011, 06:16:58 AM »
I was planning on donating, but after getting the credit card bill(gass and food ad up fast) I put it off for a but.
During Kuno Thinders Bombastic show i was on my laptop and gave to red cross through the Sakura-con site. Sakura con is offering con goers a gift at thecon if they bring a reciept showing that they donated at least $10. win win. Any H!psters that havent donated yet and are going to meet up over the Berryz goodness thats gonna be Legen.....................wait for it.
Life is one time.

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2011, 02:03:17 AM »
AKB x Weekly Playboy made a video of some of the girls encouraging Japan.  All proceeds from the video and the Akira Toriyama 'genkidama" video will be donated to Japan relief so watch them all!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2011, 06:51:28 AM »
Korean music artists KARA also did this show of support:

and various other slideshows around the net:

saw this tweet:
Pau (Gasol of the LA Lakers) is donating $1,000 per point in Lakers-Clippers FRI to Japan relief fund. "Try to be a leader in a way, and hopefully attract more people."
http://twitter.com/KevinDing/status/51021298863849472

NBA stars also did this for the tsunami in Indonesia and they got a good amount of people to do it. Jermaine O'Neal actually dropped 55 in his donation game.

AND local HiPster boykun is partnering with a T-shirt printer to help donate to the cause  :thumbup

Currently available stuff you can check out here:

http://theyep.yolasite.com/

*snip*

ps, on the wake of the Japanese tsunami and earthquake disaster, Spreadshirt (which is what I use to print) is offering options of donation for Japan
  • Free shipping with the coupon code HELP4JP (valid until 31 March)
  • $20 off orders above $100 with the voucher code HELPJAPAN (valid until 31 March)
You can use the money you save towards donations.
I'll also donate $10, if one of my shirts gets purchased (for the first couple of shirts, cus I'm not rich), to the cause.

check the shirts out here: http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=28896.0

watched a grandmother break down on NHK news  :(

the Japanese people are just starting to pick up the pieces - keep sending dem thoughts and donations. the support never stops.  :japan:

Offline Fenrir

• RPG baka
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2011, 10:36:00 AM »
Made my donation with the family earlier this week.

This disaster hit close to what I call my 2nd home. I was an ALT (Assistant Language Teacher) teaching English to students in a little countryside town for 2 years in Miyagi Prefecture and made many friends and “family” while I was there. I often visited the seaside town of Ishinomaki, about a 30 min drive, to hang out with fellow Japanese friends and other ALTs.

So when I heard that the same area was hit again with a large earthquake, I didn’t think much of it as the area was always volatile, but when I saw it was a 9.0 and images of the tsunami flooded the media, I was shocked, worried, and heartbroken. I immediately tried contacting all the people I knew and luckily the town I lived in was far enough inland that there was no worry of the tsunami, however, I knew of friends in Ishinomaki. I finally was able to contact all of them, but some of their homes were washed away.

Ishinomaki is one of the hardest hit towns and seeing images of rubble strewn streets and buildings completely gone, it feels like a part of my home is gone. The places where we used to hang out and eat, the pier where we caught crabs, and the river banks where we watched fireworks completely disappeared, leaving only the memories left in my mind.

I cannot imagine what it is like right now over there. The news I have from my host mom is that electricity was restored on Monday and after almost 2 weeks running water was finally working, but the weather has been cold and with a lack of fuel, it is difficult to get warm. I hope to return one day, and help rebuild what I can. During that time, I hope to take photos and show how your donations have helped.

If there is anything I learned while in Japan is that the people there are resilient. They are kind, caring and willing to help each other in times of need no questions asked. It may take years for them to rebuild and get back any kind of resemblance of their lives prior to the earthquake, but with your help and generosity I know they will. I’m definitely not a local person or one who can be a proper representative for them, but after experiencing their kindness to me during my short 2 year stay, I thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your generosity to all the people affected in Japan. 

本当にありがとうございます。

頑張れ日本!頑張れ東北!頑張れ宮城!

Pictures taken by another ALT who teaches in the same town I was in.
Ishinomaki

Wakuya - the town I was stationed in

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2011, 12:25:24 PM »
Ryohei Suzuki with the horipro message in English 

Offline metoice

• hitomi-chan my darling
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2011, 08:44:46 AM »

แทบไม่เชื่อสายตาว่าเป็นเรื่องจริง
กับทุกสิ่งที่เธอกำลังต้องเผชิญ
ทุกอย่างดูเหมือนมันยากเย็นเหลือเกิน
ที่จะลุกขึ้นเดินผ่านเรื่องนี้ไป
ขนาดนี้อยู่ตรงนี้จิตใจฉันยังทนแทบไม่ได้
และเธออยู่ตรงนั้น
ไม่อยากจะคิดว่ามันจะเจ็บขนาดไหน

กัมบาเตะเนะ สู้ต่อไป
เข็มแข็งเอาไว้ไม่หมดหวัง
ฉันนั้นเชื่อว่าเธอจะต้องลุกขึ้นได้อีกครั้ง
กัมบาเตะเนะ สู้ต่อไป
เธอจำได้ไหมหลังความมืดมิด
ยังมีดวงอาทิตย์ดวงนั้น
ส่องแสงขึ้นมาอีกครั้ง ส่องให้ใจเธอแหละฉัน

ฉันขอมอบเพลงนี้ให้จากใจ
ด้วยจากตะโกนสุดเสียงจากเมืองไทย

translated

Hardly believe my eyes that is true.
With everything that you're facing.
Everything seem so difficult.
I can get up to walk through this.
This is mind, I still stand here, hardly.
And she was there.
I do not want to think how much it hurts.

GAMBATTENE fight on.
Remove the needle hard not despair.
Likewise believes that she will have to get up again.
GAMBATTENE fight on.
She remembered after dark.
There is sun.
Light up again. Thus my second heart.

I dedicate this song to my heart.
With the shouting loudly from Thailand.

ก็เพราะฉันหลงทางหลงอยู่กลางใจของเธอ อยู่ไหนก็ใกล้เธอเพราะว่าใจเธอกว้างใหญ่

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2011, 04:45:21 PM »
FenFen :heart:

Thailand support :thumbup I still remember 2004 fresh in my mind...

Offline maiZe

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2011, 01:30:30 AM »
Hey everyone,

We at International Wota are running a charity auction to raise funds to help aid in the Japan relief effort.  This is being done in conjunction with a few other blogs.

The central page for the auction can be found at http://www.intlwota.com/the-international-wota-charity-auction/. All the information and auction listings (as well as future listings) can be found on this page. Most of the things in the auction will be J-pop goods, and many of them are H!P goods. For these auctions, shipping is limited to the continent of the seller, but shipping is also being covered by the seller so that when people make bids they don't need to factor in how much they need to set aside for shipping.

Hope some of you can find something that catches your eye and make a bid for a good cause! :)

Offline RoyMoy

• Member+
« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2011, 06:58:35 AM »

This is a charity product. For each purchase made, a ¥1000 donation will be made to the Japan Red Cross in order to support relief efforts in Eastern Japan.

The famous Miku Nendoroid is joining the efforts to restore Eastern Japan, and she is bringing with her a brand new smile, a support flag and pompons so she can really cheer on the people who need it most. She will also be sold at a special low price of just ¥3000!

Show your support for the victims of the disaster by grabbing Nendoroid Miku: Support ver!

They will be taking overseas orders starting April 8. Made to order basis.

http://www.goodsmile.info/product/en/3115/Nendoroid+Miku+Hatsune+Support+ver.html

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #54 on: March 31, 2011, 03:51:15 AM »
Hong Kong charity event on 7pm-10pm, 1st April at Victoria Park.
Artistes 311 Love Beyond Borders

It's headed by entertainers like Jackie Chan and Eric Tsang, and many celebrities in the Asia area will be participating.
So please support it if you get the chance. :jphip:

Offline Beecubed

• Charmy Follower 4 Life. <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • I am of IshiYoshi faith.
« Reply #55 on: April 01, 2011, 07:25:58 PM »
I've already made my donation to the Red Cross... but I still want to do more.  :cry: Japan has given me so much over the years, and watching them go through this struggle, in these darker times... just makes me want to do something.  :heart:

So here:

http://www.hello-online.org/index.php?/topic/20717-beecubeds-box-of-treasures-update-april02-one-week-sale-100-of-proceeds-going-to-relief-efforts-in-japan/

I have a bunch of H!P/Morning Musume merchandise going for sale that I'll put towards supporting Japan:

2nd to 9th of April: 100% of proceeds will go to Red Cross to help with the relief efforts in Japan
9th to 16th of April: 50% of proceeds will go to Red Cross to help with the relief efforts in Japan

Please support!  :love:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #56 on: April 02, 2011, 09:40:04 PM »
Thanks for your charity projects maiZe & Beecubed, I shall help pimp :)

Really great to see peeps stepping their charity game up.  As the great Jerry West said recently: "Anything you can do to give back. Give your time, do something nice for someone is the best feeling you can get in your life."

did u check it out winner? I saw the song on TV and got goosebumps. They gonna air the special tonight on TV

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #57 on: April 03, 2011, 11:52:09 AM »
I only watched it on tv. They were able to raise over HK$18million funds through the event. :thumbup

Offline twissie

• Wildcard, bitches. Yeeeeehaw
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2011, 11:14:50 PM »
I'm sitting here trying not to cry as I type this, because I'm so moved by what I'm reading... anyway.

My friend who was in Natori at the time of the earthquake and following tsunami is an amazing photographer, and he's decided to sell prints of his photos in order to collect money. He's going back to Natori later this month, and the proceeds from the first round of prints will go towards school supplies for his students. He is a teacher, and the schools he taught at won't be able to house the students. They've got a lot of rebuilding to do. I'm so moved by what he's doing, I'm going to help out, and I hope some of you are willing to help out too.

You can look at available prints and learn more about my friend and his experience in Natori here: http://www.heymistereric.com/

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #59 on: April 05, 2011, 02:59:33 AM »
twiss :heart:

Truly honourable of him, i heard of those returning to the scene. who want to be there for the rebuilding through loyalty and duty. Remarkable photos of nature and animals!

It was a pretty emotional special winner, I too watched it on TV. Donnie Yen to Wonder Girls were there. This one veteran songstress spoke of how emotional she got looking for her sons and really got worked up that she was lucky, but for the mothers who lost theirs.

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Go! Go! 7188 - Umasi Kamono