JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Koyote - Love...ing

Author Topic: (Group) Passpo☆  (Read 574518 times)

Offline thewolf

Re: (Group) Passpo☆
« Reply #2240 on: July 17, 2016, 05:00:17 AM »

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #2241 on: July 28, 2016, 11:45:36 AM »
 :?

Offline clem84

• Member+
« Reply #2242 on: July 28, 2016, 02:59:53 PM »

That goes for me too.

Didn't realize she was 15. lol
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 03:56:24 PM by clem84 »

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #2243 on: July 28, 2016, 04:44:33 PM »
PASSPO x Fudanjuku 2-man tomorrow. Should be even more interesting now that their outfits look like wedding dresses?

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #2244 on: July 29, 2016, 02:16:29 AM »

That goes for me too.

Didn't realize she was 15. lol

Hinata Yagi's
Smile
is really
nice

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #2245 on: July 30, 2016, 04:16:44 AM »
Meanwhile, Omochu is 18. PuchiPa = deceptive loli group (in a good way?)

PASSPO got served pretty good at last night's 2-man with Fudanjuku since 80-90% of the fans were girls there for Fudanjuku. Normally, Aipon gets the most shouts but there was nobody! Nachu got some special treatment since it was her birthday though. Missed out on handshakes because it was over in less than 5 minutes while the Fudanjuku fans were clogging up the line to buy CDs and get handshake/cheki tickets.

Guess it makes sense since they finished the tour for the last single with 2 shows on Saturday the week before and were probably doing events all week. The passengers must be tired and low of money at this point. And yet, they're at Idol Takarakuji today and have another release event at Tokyo Dome City Garden Stage (the same place they showed off their "new" outfits) on Sunday.

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #2246 on: July 30, 2016, 05:28:20 AM »
Quite often I wonder why do idols bother, they work so much and I doubt they get much money from it.

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #2247 on: July 30, 2016, 05:08:43 PM »
I still get confused by the PASSPO fanbase. They could fill Tokyo Dome City Hall and even now after two major players have left the group, they perform successfully in bigger live houses. But Two Mans with other groups has their fans always in the minority. (Hacchake Tai with BiSH, Up Up Girls). Is there an explanation?

Just re-watched 7's Up and realised Yukki only has shortened vocal lines compared to the others. I just wanted to start venting my anger about it until I saw Annya having no solo lines at all. :lol:

Quite often I wonder why do idols bother, they work so much and I doubt they get much money from it.
Them getting positive attention from people (no matter their creepiness in parts XD ), standing on the stage in the spot light and being "popular" for often below than average talent? I can see the attraction to that. Especially if we talk about girls.
And I am soooo glad they don't bother about it. What would I do with my live otherwise?  :lol:

Favourite Idol: Yanagisawa Ayano
Favourite Groups: PASSPO & Party Rockets GT

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #2248 on: July 31, 2016, 06:00:37 AM »
PASSPO has been doing release events for Bachelorette since May and just finished a Osaka/Nagoya/Tokyo tour to promote it with 2 shows each time as well as more release events for the entire week it came out. Plus, kind of hard to get excited for another live when you anticipate more than half the audience to be rabid danso fangirls.

Also, any time a live/event starts at 6-7pm or earlier on a work day makes it more difficult for fans to get there.

I think they work/perform too much, especially after seeing Mio had both knees taped up pretty heavily recently.

A lot of it has to do with scheduling and how hardcore/free their fanbase is. Upga got pretty much blown out by BELLRING when they had a 2-man too. It was on a Tuesday and BLAZE was maybe 40% full? I think BELLRING has more fans who are students as opposed to Upga, who sway more towards working adults and then students?

With a ton of events always going on, DD fans can always be swayed to be somewhere else.

Even though idols are having longer careers and not all of them are immediately graduating once they hit 20, even the ones that aren't major probably get a lot of benefits they wouldn't have if they stayed "normal".

Watching the Idol Summit show from New Year's Day, I think Anya said one of the ways they get paid is on how many handshakes/cheki they sell? She's got a pretty decent amount saved up for a down payment on a house it seems.

Looks like they're having another talk show (with all members) at 2.5D studio Monday night too. So that means they've gone more than a week without a day off? Realizing how busy idols are and how many people they must meet daily, I don't even expect any of them to remember me, especially when I'm not one of those fans who go to most of their events.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 05:26:33 PM by mixedmedia »

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #2249 on: July 31, 2016, 09:00:27 AM »
Thanks for the input. Haven't thought of some of the reasons you mentioned.  :thumbup
And now I know, why MioMio always wears this ridiculous long dresses - to hide her knees :lol:

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #2250 on: August 03, 2016, 11:07:49 AM »
So Passpo only sold less than 10,000 copies of their recent single? That's shockingly low.  :shocked

Offline clem84

• Member+
« Reply #2251 on: August 03, 2016, 06:07:52 PM »
 :( It hasn't been a week. Maybe sales will pick up. Both songs are great.

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #2252 on: August 08, 2016, 04:06:16 AM »
I thought my interest in PASSPO was dropping a bit but no, I think I saw most of their performances at TIF, and they were just awesome  :cow:

Offline iamcrazymike

• "Crazy"
  • Member+
  • "Crazy" Mike was here!
    • iamcrazymike
    • iamcrazymike
« Reply #2253 on: August 08, 2016, 12:48:54 PM »
On the flip side, it feels like out of the people I know or talk to that's into Japanese music/idols I'm the only one that knows or is really into PASSPO☆

Offline iamcrazymike

• "Crazy"
  • Member+
  • "Crazy" Mike was here!
    • iamcrazymike
    • iamcrazymike
« Reply #2254 on: August 17, 2016, 01:45:56 AM »
So word on the street is that PASSPO debuted a new song at their live yesterday and a member of Silent Siren helped write it?

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #2255 on: August 17, 2016, 05:46:00 PM »
Seems like it. Rezar could have told more about it, if...
 :P

Offline infzer0

• Member+
« Reply #2256 on: August 17, 2016, 06:52:54 PM »
Man, silent siren should do a single / music video together with Passpo, that'd be too awesome.

seems like they already quite close to each other these days...why not go all the way ?  :P

Offline clem84

• Member+
« Reply #2257 on: August 17, 2016, 08:31:34 PM »
It's kind of an unlikely collaboration between the two isn't it? Passpo enjoys a modest popularity these days. Their liquid room flight attracted over a 1000 people but it seems to be the execption. Whereas Silent Siren filled the Budokan not too long ago. Although, I don't know if that represents the norm for SS. I don't follow them that closely.

I think it's awesome but yeah, just an unlikely thing to happen. It's great exposure for Passpo though. I guess they do share a similar sound, so both crowds will find something to love in the other group.

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #2258 on: August 17, 2016, 08:35:22 PM »
Check out this blog for infos on Silent Siren lives.  ;)
http://passpogasm.wordpress.com/

What Liquid Room flight you mean? I kind of forgot  :lol:

Offline clem84

• Member+
« Reply #2259 on: August 17, 2016, 08:41:34 PM »
Back in March of this year I think?

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Koyote - Love...ing