JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Denise Ho - Hoh Hoh (Cocoa)

Author Topic: (Artist) Imai Eriko  (Read 9451 times)

Offline Dizzy

• Takahashi Ai *FAP*
  • Member+
(Artist) Imai Eriko
« on: July 22, 2006, 06:37:01 PM »
Actually ignore this post, I was half asleep, I just ordered a photo book, still happy though XD  I thought it was a CD...this is what I get for pulling an all nighter and browsing YesAsia at 9:00AM
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 07:10:07 AM by Masa »

Offline aedon

• Member+
(Artist) Imai Eriko (Elly) is back!
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2006, 08:26:05 AM »
Imai Eriko is actually supposed to release an album in September under alias elly. And she's doing 2 solo concerts in October.
http://www.ellymusic.com/

And the photobook you found was released in 2005, no? XD

絶 望 も 希 望 も な い 空 の よ う に 透 き 通 っ て い た い

Offline Dizzy

• Takahashi Ai *FAP*
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2006, 12:12:32 PM »
Yeah I knew about her going under the name Elly but I can't find a site that sells a legit copy of her CD which saddens me because I have every single CD she has released up until Stairway : (

It's called Star no?

Offline aedon

• Member+
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2006, 02:30:00 PM »
Her official site doesn't list the actual release date, nor title, so I guess that's why the online stores haven't put it on pre-order yet. Gotta wait a bit more :)

Offline Dizzy

• Takahashi Ai *FAP*
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2006, 08:15:38 PM »
Check under Discography : P

[elly]

2005.09.22 『1st Maxi Single 「star」』

Offline aedon

• Member+
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2006, 09:00:56 AM »
elly's 1st album "Neverland" will be released on 9/27 and will include 15 tracks according to fan-net :)

Offline romi

• マキ命
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2006, 11:32:08 AM »
She already has 2 singles under the alias elly. Star and Journey. Star was initially only avaliable at her return concert tour Rebirth. I managed to get it cuz I attended the concert. It was make avaliable on her official webshop later on. But right now, everything is sold out.

Journy was only avaliable during her 2nd concert Journey. I am hoping that it will be make avaliable on the webshop. ;_;

Her releases are kind of semi-self funded, and therefore there is no official distributors I guess. Tough on the fans.

I am hoping that I can make it for Tour Neverland in Oct.
Gocchin.com

"私は、はっきりいって、冷めてないよ。クールでもないよ。セクシーでもないよ。子供なんだよ。" 後藤真希

Offline wakaba_doll

• kakkoi☆
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • forever...
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2006, 02:52:06 AM »
Quote from: aedon
elly's 1st album "Neverland" will be released on 9/27 and will include 15 tracks according to fan-net :)

I know this is an old topic, but I haven't kept up with Eriko in ages and I had no idea she had changed her performance name!! LOL

Has anyone gotten this CD yet and if so, how is it?? I really loved her old stuff... identity is still one of my favourite J-pop songs EVER^^ :heart:

Offline Dizzy

• Takahashi Ai *FAP*
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2006, 04:13:02 AM »
According to Romi (biggest Eriko fan I've ever met) the first press release of the CD gets a personally signed card by Ms. Imai herself, which of course she was lucky enough to get.  I was 1 week late on ordering her CD so here is hoping (@___@)

Offline romi

• マキ命
  • Member+
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2006, 07:43:51 AM »
^ It's a her hand written message in a nicely printed format.  I am sure you can get it, dizzy. ^^
And the album is great..a varitey of songs...she either composed or wrote the lyrics or both. A
direction that I had said 6 years ago..that I want to see her go...producing her own music.

It's definitely different from her past releases...maybe I would say it's closer to say Butterfly
and stariway. But I still love her old songs...like Red Beat of My Life, Identity, Dawn, Aozora,
Our Relation,and Only For You....these are some of my faves.

This album is definitely worth it...after all all erillers' has waited 5 years for this album. O.o

Gocchin.com

Offline wakaba_doll

• kakkoi☆
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • forever...
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2006, 12:12:30 AM »
^ Thanks for the info, romi!^^ That is way too cool that she had a signed card as an extra... And the fact that she had a lot to do with the production and composing of her songs, that really marks her as a true artist^^ I really enjoy her and Takako Uehara's music, outside of SPEED... My Place has been on rotation in my CD player since I first got it like 4 years ago LOL^^  
« Last Edit: October 08, 2006, 01:13:03 AM by wakaba_doll »

Offline Dizzy

• Takahashi Ai *FAP*
  • Member+
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2006, 12:16:56 AM »
SOON?  She just released a CD less than 2 weeks ago XD

Offline wakaba_doll

• kakkoi☆
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • forever...
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2006, 01:15:20 AM »
^ ROFL Yeah, I just realized that... Fixed my reply. Sorry, it's been a LONG day! XD

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2006, 10:30:37 AM »
*hugs wakaba_doll*

WOW!! Eriko had the best voice in speed imo! but her singles just went dance dance faster and faster. awesome disc romi, is it mainly soft pop? or are there rockin tunes? not on avex anymore huh :(

Offline romi

• マキ命
  • Member+
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2006, 06:32:50 PM »
It's not really mainly soft pop..there are cute songs too..and also more upbeat stuff. Her singles are release on self funding..but for this album, it is release under Vision Factory (SPEED's old label) and also under Avex's  Rhythm Nation subdivision (if I am not mistaken).

I am actually very glad to see VF helping her out here. Shows that they still have good relations despite the move to Avex. I still think that the move to Avex is a mistake. Look at hiro now. They could have done much more for her but they did not. -_-
Gocchin.com

Offline donkeykong83

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2006, 11:17:58 PM »
I haven't heard the new album but I did enjoyed her debut album. I thought she was good with the rockish stuffs and all.
Identity is teh shit!

And yeah hiro should actually be doing well. Screw Avex.

Offline wakaba_doll

• kakkoi☆
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • forever...
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2006, 11:21:49 PM »
Quote from: donkeykong83
I haven't heard the new album but I did enjoyed her debut album. I thought she was good with the rockish stuffs and all.
Identity is teh shit!

Definitely agree with you on that one!!^^ identity is my fave Elly song... I wish she would have stayed with the rock style, I thought it fit her really well! :heart:

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
Re: (Artist) Imai Eriko
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2011, 04:27:48 AM »
 Eriko lends her name and efforts to  assist macdonalds charity  which assists families with chidren that are fighting cancer   

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2011, 09:59:27 PM »

Imai Eriko – one of the four members of the legendary group SPEED – has revealed that she will be releasing her eleventh single this fall!

Imai’s upcoming single is titled “Nankurunai Saa“, and will be released on November 16th. The title track was used as the ending theme to the NTV documentary program “Nankurunai Saa ~Imai Eriko ga Musuko to Ayunda 6nen~“, which follows Imai’s day-to-day life as a singer and a mother raising a hearing-impaired child. “Nankurunai Saa” is an Okinawan phrase for “it’ll be okay”, providing a glimpse into Imai’s roots while simultaneously spelling out sincere parent and child feelings.

The coupling track will be “Cou☆G“, which was recorded during her one-man live last year as she sang with her audience.

Tokyohive

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2011, 03:33:47 AM »

Can't believe our biggest Speed fan forgot someone's 28th B-day today. XD

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Denise Ho - Hoh Hoh (Cocoa)