JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: B`z - Hadashi no Megami

Author Topic: More Than One Story...[111016 Loving You Forever]  (Read 236728 times)

Offline stefy

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: More Than One Story... [Glass Slipper: Chapter 17 - Eternal]
« Reply #420 on: March 30, 2009, 05:13:46 PM »
^*shakes head*

kRisZy-chan.... I have just 1 word for you my dear friend...

SLOW!!!!

XDD

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #421 on: March 30, 2009, 09:17:00 PM »
Glass Slipper
Chapter 17 - Eternal

“I’msorryItoldmyparentsyouwerepreggers.”

The strings of words came out so fast and murmured that Reina wasn’t sure if she had heard the sentence correctly. Whipping her head around from looking out the window to face the terrified bunny shivering in her seat, the wonky eyed one ignored the sharp pain shooting down her neck sustained from the sudden action and glared irately at the other occupant.     

“YOU WHAT?!?!?!”

The bellow sounded exceedingly loud in the confined space and Sayumi had to cover her ears with her small hands to prevent her injured eardrums from popping out.

“I’m sorry! My family found the pregnancy kit. You know they’ll kill me if they knew I was pregnant.”
Ah, so THAT'S why Sayu wasn't locked up in her room earlier.

Wait a sec........Oh.......shit.  Do Sayu's folks know Reina's folks? :o

Pushing her mounting concern for the guys out of her brain and disregarding the larger percentage of anxiety she had for Taka over the person she was officially dating
Jun, I presume? If so, he could be in BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG shit (for more than one reason, if my previous suspicions prove true).

Reina shouted at the top of her voice for the second time within that short duration.

“HOLY S**T! You’re preggers? Damn it Sayu!”
Reina = :OMG:
Sayu = :mon whimper:

“How many times did you and Kuu get it going on? Don’t tell me he’s a crack shot!”

The bizarre reaction Reina displayed sans berating her in a spray of saliva for dragging her name through dirt or strangling her to death should have made Sayumi sink to her knees and thank the neko-like girl profusely for her enormous magnanimity. Nonetheless, Sayumi only flapped embarrassedly at Reina guessing the truth so quickly, her amusing behavior very much akin to a chibi anime character.   

“Kuu was very good. And very gentle too.”

“Oooooooooooohhhhhhhh!”
Kuu, you dog you. :pimp:

Reina = :mon misch:
Sayu = :gmon sweet:

“I need you to help me with one last thing.”

After making sure she had gotten Reina’s full attention after she trained both eyes on her, Sayumi continued.

“Get Jun to tell Kuu that I’ve found somebody new.”
Sayu...nooooooooooo. :(

His eyes were heavily lidded as he tried to wake, his limps leaded and sore. But somehow Gaki managed, fluttering his eyes open. The world was cloaked with a deep red and Eri's face was fuzzy in his vision. Mouthing her name, he was unable to phonate as his breath failed him, his lips chapped from being bone-dry. Although he could not speak, his mind was strangely vigilant, alerting him to the fact that there was no one else about the dilapidated structure.
He's ALIVE!  Sure, he's in bad shape, but HE'S ALIVE!!! :w00t:

*GAKI FREES ERI*
:hip aww:

"Kamei-san!"

She didn't remember when was the last time she felt such immense gratitude at hearing her name being called. Raising her head up and realizing that a savior had come in the form of Jun, Eri uttered weakly with tears streaming endlessly from her bloodshot eyes.

"Help me."
OMGASS! JUN FOUND THEM!!!  :cow:

Wait a sec though, where's Taka??? :?

~Flashback~
Hot DAYUM that was heroic. Possibly dumb, since they had no idea if they were armed or not, but yeah...pretty damn heroic.
:cool1:

Leaving the man lying on his back, Taka got up from his half squat position and turned away, not expecting the evil man to retaliate. He barely took one step from his original spot when an arm was snaked vehemently around his neck. Jerked harshly backwards, Taka slammed his elbow into his uncle's stomach. Nevertheless, the crazed man didn’t loosen his grip. They battled and thrashed wildly for some time before both men fell to the ground with a crash. An agonizing grunt was released from the tangle of bodies when the metal spear impaled deeply into the flesh of one.
:shocked

Oh please say it was the evil uncle who grunted.

*GAKIKAME IN DA CAR*
GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! GAKI CAN'T DIE NOW, HE SAID HE RABURABUS HER!!!
 :gyaaah: :gyaaah: :gyaaah:

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline kRisZ

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ...shiawasekai...
« Reply #422 on: April 01, 2009, 12:34:54 PM »
^*shakes head*

kRisZy-chan.... I have just 1 word for you my dear friend...

SLOW!!!!

XDD

looks like it  XD

Offline Kuji

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • amqersand
« Reply #423 on: April 06, 2009, 02:40:38 AM »
So I basically love this whole collection but since there's a lot of stories here this post is only a review on the one I feel the most compelled to review right at this moment: Guardian Angel. So here comes a post of Kuji-style long-windedness (this is a warning :sweatdrop:).

Why Guardian Angel? The web of intersecting emotions that are so intricately woven together and the imminent collision of feelings, of course! Between Eri, Risa, Ai, Sayumi and Reina are some complicated relationships. Basically, you have a winning set-up here that I'm totally in love with.

If I were forced to box the girls into certain roles, I'd have to say that Eri is the 'bad guy' at the moment and Reina the martyr. Sayumi and Risa the hapless victims and Ai... well, I'm not too sure about her tragic heroine on her way to redemption? The reason I say this about Eri is because of how she's treating everyone. Sayumi goes into a coma and the one who visits her everyday is Reina, not her. Instead she shacks up with Risa, keeping her apart from Ai. After keeping Risa in the dark for so long, when she feels guilty about what she's done, instead of making amends, she distances herself and runs off to declare her devotion to Sayumi. Like a child who doesn't know better, she doesn't even pick up on Reina's feelings and forgets that right now, she's the only one that Gaki has.

In chapter two, I have to wonder what happened to Sayumi since she vanishes and the next we see of her is in the hospital. It's not explained but I assumed that either she collapsed soon after getting help with Ai or that this was more a projection of Sayumi's conciousness and the physical body of Sayumi had already slipped into the coma (I do favour the latter as it seems to fit more with your writing).

Reina is the leader of Momusu, huh? Weird that Ai quit after not pursuing a relationship with Risa for the very fact that such a relationship wouldn't be allowed within the group. Way to go leader former leader. I feel so bad for Reina, I honestly think she's the only stable person in this story. >_> At least it looks like she's winning Sayumi over if the bunny's thoughts in the last chapter was anything to go by. :wub:

Koharu x LinLin...? :O

I want to know more about these drugs Gaki-san's on. DDDD: For how long has she been taking them and why has she only forgotten Ai-chan? k;ajsdf;akjadkflj *fades into incoherance*

(Ahhh... and I loved manly!Risa in Prince Charming ♥♥♥)

/lengthy post

Offline lil_hamz

• Sapphire and Nouveau... like it should've been
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • She makes every summer sweet, every moment happy
« Reply #424 on: April 08, 2009, 03:00:30 PM »
Argh...1 min to post this. Will be back!!

-----

Guardian Angel
Chapter 8 - Remember. Snow. Flower

A drenched figure sat on her bed with the cream colored sheets swirled in a tangle around her feet. She hadn't bothered to change out of her clothes since she arrived home to an empty apartment. It had been raining heavily when she exited the lobby of the five-star establishment but the platter of water drops on her soggy clothes on this freezing winter night didn't stop her from running blindly through the streets.

She didn't know where she was headed or which destination the never ending roads would lead her. The sole concern weighing on her mind was the identity of the stranger named Ai. Who was she and how did she know her name when she didn't recall ever meeting her. Was she someone whom she had forgotten about from the two years of memory which she had no recollection of?

But Kame never mentioned her when I asked about my past.

~Flashback~

"How did we leave Morning Musume?"

Days after Eri had discovered her cold and limp body lying lifeless in the marble bathtub of her single bedroom apartment, Risa had recovered miraculously with almost no sign of barely escaping the jaws of death except for the telltale mark in the form of a long scar running along her lower arm.

"We graduated...together. Don't you remember?"

Shaking her head slowly from side to side, Risa lifted her brownish eyes towards the window, trying hard to remember an event which should have been one of the more memorable moments in her life. From a tender age, the Yokohama native had aspired to become a member of the female idol group. And when she finally realized that goal, it was like a dream come through for the then 12 year old.

"Why did we graduate?"

Staring back at her friend dressed in hospital garb, Eri took Risa's hands in her own and held them close to her chest, as if afraid that she would disappear if she loosened her grip. The image of Risa dripping blood from her slashed forearm as it dangled over the side of the tub and the pooling of red fluid into puddles on the white tiled floor still sent shivers down her spine.

"It was time. We were already twenty years old."

"I see."

With a wistful sigh, Risa ended the conversation and turned her attention back outside the small window, her line of sight transfixed on a yellow canary. The tiny creature had landed on the sill and was currently hoping from one end of the ledge to the other.

"Reina and the others will be here to visit you in a little while."

Giving her hands a squeeze, Eri smiled at Risa, her gentle features relaxing the slightly older girl. On the first morning after regaining consciousness from a short coma, Risa had been alarmed at finding herself alone in a foreign environment. She didn't know how she had ended up in a hospital ward or why her arm was tightly bandaged up. Her screams could be heard from the corridor and the distressed voice resulted in Eri bursting into the room in a frenzied state.

Dropping the bouquet of sunflowers she had brought along for the visit onto the floor, Eri scooped the agitated patient into a warm embrace and tried to sooth her with comforting words. Never leaving her side in the days of her recuperation, Risa's daily companion explained how she had accidentally cut herself with a kitchen knife while preparing a meal and injured her head when she slipped on the kitchen floor in her haste to attend to the wound.

"Has every one of the members visited?"

"Yes, they make up all of them."

"Really? Cause I feel like there's someone missing."

Her statement sent shockwaves through Eri and for a moment, she held her breath without realizing it. Did Risa remember Ai's existence? Would she one day realize that every piece of information she had been feeding her empty awareness with was pure fabrication on her part? Forcing the numerous negative possibilities out of her mind, Eri convinced herself that she had made the right decision. Since god had wiped out Risa's memories of the car accident and Ai's role in her life, she would go along with the unbelievable circumstances and remove every speck of reminiscence which had tormented the very person who had pulled her out of her own depths of despair.

From this second onwards, their roles would swap and Eri would take on the responsibility of keeping anything and anyone who could potentially hurt Risa away from the vulnerable girl.

~End of flashback~

-----

"Tanaka-san? Where are you going?"

Pushing herself up on her elbows so that the soft blanket slid from her chest down to her waist, Koharu scratched at her messy head of hair. Cracking one eye open, she watched Reina pull on a thick jacket with fur trimmings. Tugging at the travel case she had brought along for the overseas trip, the wonky-eyed one stopped and turned back when she reached the door.

"I have to return to Japan. I need to tell Sayu how I feel."

Now fully awake after hearing Reina's astounding confession, Koharu flung her blanket completely off her lower body and jumped out of bed, rushing towards the shorter girl in her sleeping outfit of t-shirt and track pants.

"But the concert.."

"There are two more days before the next live. I'll be back before that."

"What about Manager-san? He'll flip when he finds you gone."

Afraid of the reaction that would be displayed by the man in direct control of them for the duration of the trip when he discovered Reina missing, cold beads of sweat appeared at the back of the young sub-leader’s neck. She dreaded the frantic scurry which would ensue as the staff clamored to replace Reina's leader duties on slated television appearances and magazine interviews. The prospect of being left in charge (Read: in the lurch) in a foreign country was much more than she could handle. Though she had been assisting Reina with the task of running the group for quite some time, in reality, Aika was the one doing most of the work.

"Cover me. Please Koharu, this could change my life."

Pleading with the miracle with eyes which had suddenly glazed over with tears, Reina begged. Heaving a sigh, Koharu's action demonstrated that her determination in keeping Reina in Korea until the end of their tour had undeniably swayed.

"Fine. But you owe me big time, Tanaka."

Omitting the polite form of speech when addressing a senpai, Koharu waited with batted breath for Reina's response. Will the ex-yankii who still exhibited signs of violence every now and then swipe her with an ugly left hook? Or will the smaller sized girl pounce on her and tackle her to the ground. Fortunately, the deadly attack never materialized. Instead, Reina released her grip on the handle of her luggage bag and stepped forward. Taking the younger into her arms for an appreciative hug, she muttered.

“Thank you for everything. I‘m glad you‘re my sub-leader.”

The only sounds in the wee hours of the morning within the hotel's corridor were those emitted by Reina's branded trolley bag. As its tiny wheels churned, she strolled confidently towards the elevator.

Even if she rejects me, at least I tried.

It had begun to snow by the time Reina checked in for her flight and was shown to her seat by the window. A blizzard of snow flakes fell repeatedly against the exterior of the airplane in the darkened world outside. The soft material disappeared almost instantly after making contact with another surface. Keeping her vision trained on the millions of tiny snowflakes, Reina watched their slow and steady descend, thinking back to the first time she and Sayumi went out together.

~Flashback~

The pair was seated huddled closely together on the stone chairs of a deserted pavilion. Reina recalled vividly the same snowy scenario and how both of them were wholly underdressed to battle the drastic drop in temperature from the early first snow. As the winds picked up, Reina felt the girl pressing against her side shiver. Tilting her head to give her a sideways peek, she inched her hand over to grab at Sayumi's which was resting on her lap. Before the mirror loving girl could protest, Reina had dipped their entwined hands into her own coat pocket.

The heat that radiated from the soft and silky hand she was clutching sent a rush of excitement racing through her whole being and the adrenaline of her blood pursing through her veins spoke volumes about the magical effect Sayumi had on her. The neko-like girl had never felt this way before and the only reason Reina could think of to explain her body's strange reaction was that she must have unwittingly fallen for the self proclaimed cutest girl in the world.   

~End of flashback~

-----

Her lips were cracked and her throat dry. Extending her arm outwards in the direction of the bedside cabinet where the nurse left a fresh jug of water every morning, Sayumi felt around for the accompanying glass. Knocking into the cup unintentionally, she knew from the force created that it would no doubt tip over the age. Squeezing her eyes shut behind the bandages wrapped around her head, she waited for the sound of the unenviable crash. Surprisingly, it never came.

A hand grasped itself around her wrist and a glass filled with liquid was pressed into her palm. The visitor guided the opening of the crystal mug to her lips and angled the apparatus so that it leaked water into her mouth. Going along with the actions of the silent stranger, Sayumi gratefully drank her fill. When the glass was once again returned to its original spot, she raised a question.

"No--t E--ri. Lei--naaa no. Who?"

Startled that the dark haired woman could tell her identity despite having her vision compromised, the gentle helper gasped. Nodding her head knowingly, she acknowledged the fact that the middle Rokkie remained exactly as she was in terms of observation skills, no different from the last time she saw her two years ago. Sitting down on the portion of the bed which was unoccupied by Sayumi, she answered.

"I'm sorry that I didn't come sooner."

Pausing after that statement to allow Sayumi some time to digest the sincere apology, she waited until the signal to continue was given.

"I'm in town with the troop for the staging of a musical performance. I'm intending to stay in Japan until I find out what happened to Gaki-san."

The shocking revelation stunned Sayumi and she didn't know what to reply the person exuding the air of determined aura. From the second her skin came into contact with the hand gripped around her wrist, she knew from its touch and the firmness of its hold that the person helping her wasn't either of the two she was accustomed to. Reina would have exerted more strength while Eri's actions would have been more cumbersome.

She had been wondering in the back of her mind for the longest time why neither of the Gokkies had dropped by throughout her stay in the hospital. Nevertheless, the whereabouts of both leader and sub-leader were never revealed to her as Eri evaded the questions each time she brought the issue up while Reina side stepped her queries by saying it wasn't her story to tell.

"Ai?"

Before the former leader of Morning Musume could confirm her identity, the entrance to the private room swung open.

"Why did you come back? Why must you jeopardize everything I've painstakingly built?!"

Turning her body to face the owner of the voice, Ai watched as Eri entered the room carrying a basket of fruits. Though her outer appearance wasn't vastly dissimilar from before, Ai recognized from the stony gaze and the hardened manner by which her lips fell into a thin line that Eri clearly didn't welcome her.

"Eri..."

"Don't utter my name! You're not fit to!"

"Eririn?"

Astonished at Eri's callous behavior towards their friend, Sayumi tried to intervene. Nonetheless, her efforts proved futile as Eri ignored her well meaning mediation.

"Your heartless rejection almost killed Gaki-san, your irresponsibility burdened Reina and your absence caused my spiral into depression!"

No....

Eri's irate rant left Ai flabbergasted. Did her decision to leave for New York without consulting anyone really set off this chain of unthinkable events? At that time, all she wanted was to escape to a place where she could leave the unhappy memories behind. And in the new environment, she had managed to make a name for herself by finding success in a line of work she loved - stage productions. She didn't expect her presence to be so sorely required by the other members back home in Japan nor did she realize the severity of the situation after her departure. Was she wrong to have chosen to run away?

"I'm sorry. I didn't think..."

"You're right about that. You didn't think. You never considered the feelings of others except for yourself."

Adverting her eyes away from Ai, Eri chew hard on her quivering lower lip. Forcing back the tears which were threatening to fall, she willed herself not to cry. Repeating in her mind the promise she had made to herself on the same night Risa was admitted to the hospital, she vowed.

I will not shed another tear ever again. I will not show my weakness to anyone. I will remain strong for Gaki-san.

Raising her head to glare at Ai, Eri spoke in an even voice void of all emotion for her once good friend.

"Gaki-san always had a smile on her face when she talked about you. She said you were like the Sakura, a flower so beautiful and attractive that she was powerless in your presence. But like the Sakura, the happiness she experienced with you was extremely fleeting, something that she could never grasp for long. I have seen the amount of pain you've caused her from the endless tears that she has shed for you. If you have ever cared for her, then please, don't look her up. Let her memories of you remain buried in the past. Don't destroy Gaki-san's present life. She is finally happy... without you."

At hearing Eri's cruel yet rational plead, the already big orbs of Ai widened further. Though her heart felt as if it was being crushed, she knew that Eri was absolutely right in criticizing her. On retrospect, her leaving did create a whirlwind of change.

What have I done?

Offline ringo-hime

• House of Byuntae
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Risa should not remember. it will just hurt her.

awww. Reina will go back~
Go Koha!  :P

ow fazz, i really feel so sorry for Sayu. T.T

Berserk Eri-chan! go make Ai realize what she has done.

i can't wait///  XD

Offline KonaKaga

• Member+
  • GakiKame now and forever
OMG

:shocked
(I will so put more detail into my comment when I come back home!)

Credit to Clamy-san!
Visit my blog!

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
Guardian Angel
Chapter 8 - Remember. Snow. Flower

The sole concern weighing on her mind was the identity of the stranger named Ai. Who was she and how did she know her name when she didn't recall ever meeting her. Was she someone whom she had forgotten about from the two years of memory which she had no recollection of?

But Kame never mentioned her when I asked about my past.
Oshit...Eri never told her about Aichan! :o

Now while I'm pretty sure that Eri would have only done something like that with the intent/desire to keep Risa from having to go through all that emotional anguish again, in the long run it probably wasn't the smartest thing to do. After all, who would have known that Aichan would return and that one of the first things she'd do was find Risa?

*RISA'S FLASHBACK*
Risa...she...she...
:OMG:

Aichan doesn't have a clue about ANY of this, does she?

"Tanaka-san? Where are you going?"

Pushing herself up on her elbows so that the soft blanket slid from her chest down to her waist, Koharu scratched at her messy head of hair. Cracking one eye open, she watched Reina pull on a thick jacket with fur trimmings. Tugging at the travel case she had brought along for the overseas trip, the wonky-eyed one stopped and turned back when she reached the door.

"I have to return to Japan. I need to tell Sayu how I feel."
DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUUN!  :shocked:

"But the concert.."

"There are two more days before the next live. I'll be back before that."
Easier said that done. Does Reina really think that she'll be able to just land in Japan, confess to Sayu, and then within a few short hours leave again to resume the tour? Never mind the emotional complications, but what if something goes wrong with the flight scheduling and she can't make it back in time?  :shocked

"What about Manager-san? He'll flip when he finds you gone."

She dreaded the frantic scurry which would ensue as the staff clamored to replace Reina's leader duties on slated television appearances and magazine interviews.
Eeps.  :-X

Maybe say that Reina couldn't make it because she's sick and contagious?

"Fine. But you owe me big time, Tanaka."

Omitting the polite form of speech when addressing a senpai, Koharu waited with batted breath for Reina's response. Will the ex-yankii who still exhibited signs of violence every now and then swipe her with an ugly left hook? Or will the smaller sized girl pounce on her and tackle her to the ground.
:dunno:

Fortunately, the deadly attack never materialized. Instead, Reina released her grip on the handle of her luggage bag and stepped forward. Taking the younger into her arms for an appreciative hug, she muttered.

“Thank you for everything. I‘m glad you‘re my sub-leader.”
Awwwwwwww... :oops:

*REINA'S FLASHBACK*
:wriggly:

A hand grasped itself around her wrist and a glass filled with liquid was pressed into her palm. The visitor guided the opening of the crystal mug to her lips and angled the apparatus so that it leaked water into her mouth. Going along with the actions of the silent stranger, Sayumi gratefully drank her fill. When the glass was once again returned to its original spot, she raised a question.

"No--t E--ri. Lei--naaa no. Who?"
She can tell who it is by the feel of their hands? That's just bloody amazing. :yep:

"I'm sorry that I didn't come sooner."

Pausing after that statement to allow Sayumi some time to digest the sincere apology, she waited until the signal to continue was given.

"I'm in town with the troop for the staging of a musical performance. I'm intending to stay in Japan until I find out what happened to Gaki-san."
AICHAN! :O

"Ai?"

Before the former leader of Morning Musume could confirm her identity, the entrance to the private room swung open.

"Why did you come back? Why must you jeopardize everything I've painstakingly built?!"

Turning her body to face the owner of the voice, Ai watched as Eri entered the room carrying a basket of fruits.
Oshit.
:mon scare:

*ERI'S RANT*
Harsh? Yes. Did someone need to say it? Probably. The abrupt departure was bad enough, but Aichan could have, nay...SHOULD have at least kept in contact with the others, or at least explained why she needed to do what she did (even if it was after the fact).  While it wouldn't have done much to change the structure of MM, it would/could have at least given the members some peace of mind.

Offline ShikyoxYaiba

• The Atomic Warhead of Foolishness!!
  • Member+
  • TakaGakiKame. Yes.
Ehehe....I left my uberly thought out comment over at H!O since I read it over there first. But I'll definitely say this again:

"Your heartless rejection almost killed Gaki-san, your irresponsibility burdened Reina and your absence caused my spiral into depression!"

*insert heartbreak*

I'm so worried about everyone now... I'm sure Sayu will return Reina's feelings, but the TakaGakiKame is still unsettled... Will Ai take Eri's advice, or will Risa just remember? There's plenty of possibilities now... :(

Offline Fenrir

• RPG baka
  • Subcru
  • Member+
*Gasp!*

Rant from Eri!! And Ai-chan never thought that this could happen!? But now that she is back, this makes the TakaGakiKame triangle even more complicated.

GanbaReina!! :lol:

Offline Sukoshi

• Member+
  • Forever in love with the turtle and the hare
Sadness. Warmth. Anger

Kuji almost convinced me that Eri was the bad guy in this story but of course my inner fan girl and faith in hammy san would never let me fully believe that! 

The Remember part was so sad.  Ugh..a little lightheaded from reading about the bathtub...sounds so painful and messy... (and I was just about to shower too!)  :dizzy:....poor Gaki san...hammy is so mean to you at times but at least she let you live!  (though I wasn't too worried...I don't think anyone in your stories have ever died from cutting themselves...more like getting impaled or death by hurricanes...right?...eep I better not be giving you any ideas!)

"Has every one of the members visited?"

"Yes, they make up all of them."

"Really? Cause I feel like there's someone missing."

I was thinking of Sayu....does Risa even know about Sayu?  From what I gather from Sayu's pov...Gaki san doesn't seem to visit either >___<!

Snow

awwwwwwww~   :shy2:
so romantic!  The plane scene and the date-to made my heart melt.  Korea. First Snow. Japan.  It reminds me of the movie Virgin Snow!  That movie has me convinced that good, romantic things are bound to happen when it snows!   cmon snow fairies~ work your magic~ :mon innocent:

oh yes, as a side thought...I'm worried the plane is gonna crash.  I've been waiting for Reina to show up at the hospital...yes, I have no idea how much time has elapsed but so far Ai chan and even Eri have made it there before Reina...so in the hammy fiction world this may be a cause of concern!   :mon scare:  Okay..I'm mostly joking around...I gotta stop putting ideas out there XD  I fear you'll kill one of them by cutting/plane now XD

Flower

Sayu talks slow so I read at her pace...when she said it wasn't Eri, I thought for sure it was going to be Reina...and then I thought it would be Risa!  I can't believe it was Ai chan!  She was so the last person I expected to show up there.  Wait..does that mean I think Ai chan's heartless?  I hope not  :O

hmmm....did Sayu's speech return to normal during the fighting?  or maybe it's just cause their names are short XD

darn it...Eri's rant has me mad at Ai chan....well only slightly...I want to blame her for running away and making their lives a living hell but at the same time I think they're all guilty of that....well except for Sayu..since she couldn't run away even if she wanted to...coma and all. 

okay I think those are all my thoughts....my mind is still in an after-reading haze~

time to do the GA dance and run off =D

:gmon twirl: :gmon twirl: :gmon twirl:

Offline Kuji

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • amqersand
Kuji almost convinced me that Eri was the bad guy in this story but of course my inner fan girl and faith in hammy san would never let me fully believe that!
Haha, that wasn't my intention because Eri is one of my favourites too but numbers don't lie and the tally for 'not so good deeds' for Kame is piling up faster than the other characters. I might have been influenced by the fact that I just rewatched the episode of Hello! Morning where they did the secret psyche tests and it was "revealed" that Eri thought Sayumi was someone she could use (for the second time!). D: But duuuuuuude(ette?). This latest chapter was like one big ERI ISN'T EVIL message. XD
The line "I will remain strong for Gaki-san" had me going all :OOOO ERIRIN YOU DO CAAAAAARE! ...but what about Sayu? Who do you want? YOU CAN'T HAVE BOTH! arglefarglegreedypants. D:<<<<

Speaking of the psyche tests, Gaki-san was revealed to be passionately romantic and the type that would confess and pursue which really came through earlier in this fic but she ended up being rejected by Ai. ;o; I guess those who love strongly feel the pain of rejection even more - hence those horrible drugs she's using. Now I'm worried about how the shock of seeing Ai is going to affect her while Eri is preoccupied with Sayu.

Finally, Eri's plea to Ai too stay away. TOO LITTLE TOO LATE, KAME. But I don't know if Ai will listen to her or not. D: Part of me agrees with Eri but part of me thinks that avoiding the problem isn't going to make it go away and now Gaki-san is going to ask Eri about the hottie she can't remember that knew her name and makes her feel funny. Gosh, she could just go look up some old Momusu pics and be all HAY THAS HURRR ERI U FURGOT 2?

...Anyway, sorry for the horrible non-review. I haven't slept in 24 hours. x_x Hooray for more Guardian Angel!

Offline strawb3rrykream

• JPHiP's official imouto <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
Oh damn, Eri didn't tell Gaki about Ai-chan. :shocked: Somehow Gaki knows she's missing from her life... :heart: My TakaGaki dreams are :wub: But I can see why Eri didn't. IMO, it's fairly rational for Eri to want to protect Gaki after what just happened and Ai-chan kinda caused it all with her hasty departure. So I can't hate Eririn~ :P She's only doing what she feels is best for Gaki.
Dude, Reina's just leaving?! XD That's freakin hilarious and she can totally get away with it too, leader or not. Poor Koha, or should I say poor Aika? :grin: Go get our bunny, Reina~ :twothumbs
Sayu seems to be doing pretty well. :w00t: No way...no freakin way. IT'S AI-CHAN!!!! :shocked She's back. And holy shit, Eri ain't happy. :lol: As much as I love Ai-chan and want her to reunite with everyone, this talk was needed. She kinda needs to hear how her decision affected everyone else, and the fact that it did affect everyone else. In her typical Ai-chan fashion, she didn't realize that she caused so much pain to everyone, especially Gaki. But I'm sort of glad she gets it now. Maybe they can work it out because God knows I want my TakaGaki! XD

Offline kRisZ

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ...shiawasekai...
Omg! Uproar is inevitable. Can't wait for Reina's return... Risa's and Ai's reunion or something

Offline lil_hamz

• Sapphire and Nouveau... like it should've been
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • She makes every summer sweet, every moment happy
New fic! I apologize in advance for the inadequacy of this. I have never tried writing something from this time period. Hope you enjoyed reading this :oops:

-----

Midnight
Chapter 1 - Encounter

“Hang on.”

His bruised and battered body erupted with shards of pain with each unsteady step that he struggled to take while his grip threatened to slackened along with his rapidly failing strength. Urging the woman in his arms to not slip from life itself, he pushed the pain antagonizing him aside and tightened his hold around her limp form. Her face was ghastly pale and her ebony tresses were plastered against her skin over the thin film of cold sweat covering her body. Her head laid against his chest over his heart and he could feel her breathing become more shallow with each passing second.

Clenching his jaw and hence his resolve, he refused to give in to his body’s clamoring need to stop and rest. He was determined to continue until he reached the sanctuary he was so familiar with. It stood just beyond the forest and he knew he could make it there as long as he did not drop from sheer exhaustion.

The conclusion after weeks of travel to various lands under strict instructions by his king to obtain the respective rulers’ assurance to remain neutral in the ongoing war his country was engaged in with the enemy turned out to be a deadly trap at his final stop. Unarmed to the extent of shedding his amour to demonstrate his friendly intention, he was ambushed from the moment he stepped in to meet the king.

The 'king' turned out to be a soldier in disguise and he was despicably impaled with a short dagger. An army of men banishing broad swords burst into the room in the following seconds and attacked him from all sides. Fighting his way to the exit of the room with his bare hands, he managed to retrieve his weapon previously left with the soldier standing guard outside. Knocking him well across the hallway with a perfectly executed blow, he unsheathed his gleaming sword and went about cutting down any soldier who dared to halt his escape. Though he succeeded in wresting control of a horse which was being led back to the stables and riding away from the castle before its heavy iron gates crashed down, he did so by paying a high price.

Covered with multiple injuries and on the verge of falling from his horse as the stallion galloped swiftly through the jungle, fate had brought him straight into the path of a frail maiden who was being harassed by a trio of men. Though he had rescued her from the brutal attack she was receiving, he was too late to prevent her delicate neck from being griped in a viselike hold and her fragile body from being flung to the ground.

“We thought you were dead!”

A voice exclaimed through the mist and echoed against the grating of wood on stone as the gate rose up. Ignoring the teenage soldier named Mitsui who offered to take the human cargo from him, he persisted in wanting to carry her into the compound.

The blood oozing from a dozen wounds on his body had reached an almost crucial level and his vision blurred as darkness danced at the edge of his sight. His legs wobbled, forcing him to his knees and the impact jarred the deep gash in his thigh. A pair of hands reached for the woman he held protectively in his arms as he gasped at the searing pain shooting through him.

"No."

Pulling her closer, he blinked as he fought off a sudden surge of dizziness.

“You can't even hold yourself up. Let me take her.”

Shifting his gaze from her unconscious face to look into his best friend's eyes, he whispered.

“I can't, or she’ll die.”

The knight had arrived seconds before with a lady in toil. Raking his fingers through his hair in exasperation, he watched as the kneeling man refused to sever his physical connection with the raven haired woman.

"Do you trust me?"

Although he could not see her face as his eyes were in the process of shutting completely, he recognized from her soft voice and gentle tone that she was the fiancée of his exceedingly competent king. Tilting his face upwards at the woman he had secretly loved since the first time he set eyes on her, he murmured a reply.

“With my life."

"Then let me ease her pain."

Proceeding to pry his stiff fingers loose, she motioned to the king's right hand man standing beside her. Nodding back at her, he bent down and waited for his friend to pass her over. Releasing his hold on her with a grateful sigh, he finally succumbed to the intense pain, allowing it to engulf him wholly. The last thing he remembered was the object of his affection touching his sweat drenched brow with her slender fingertips.

-----

Less than a week later, he was up and about, taking an early morning stroll through the castle though his injuries had barely healed. Extremely bored with doing nothing except staring up at the ceiling of his room, he was halfway across a particular hallway when his steps were interrupted by a resounding crash. Pausing for a heartbeat to confirm the source of the commotion, a second sound sent him sprinting in the direction of the room from where the noise emerged.

Calming the young servant girl who was wearing a startled expression and shivering outside the doorway, he asked concerned.

"What happened?"

“She just started throwing things at me.”

Her surprise was replaced by indignation whilst she began answering him but her explanation was cut short when another object was hurled their way from inside the room. Stalking inside, he planned to talk some sense into the woman he had saved. Unexpectently, the sight awaiting him robbed him of his natural ability to breath.

The young woman was standing atop the bed, her midnight dark hair hanging in soft curls past her shoulders in wild disarray. Her similarly jet black eyes sparkled with temper and a light pink flushed her cheeks. God, she was beautiful. His breath whooshed out in that instant and his tongue tied terribly. Watching the play of emotions rioting across her face, he realized that no other woman had ever affected him quite this way except for the lady already betrothed to his king. Recollecting his wits, he approached her demanding.

“Why did you throw a vase at the poor girl sent to see to your needs. Lin Lin is a sweet child.”

Scowling at him defiantly, the woman plopped down on the bed, yanking the covers up to her waist and then glaring hard at him. Shaking his head with mild amusement, he crouched down next to her so that he saw her at eye level.

“Are you in pain?”

She raised her eyes to the ceiling and folded her arms across her chest with a huff, obviously showing no signs of it. Pacing from his position by the bed to the window, he took his time to think of how he should go about getting through to her. When he had finally decided, he twirled around to face her once more.

"I was the one who brought you here."

Here?

She started to say something but no words came out although her lips formed the words. Frustrated by her inability to speak, she pulled on his arms when he walked near enough, trying to get his full attention. She was a rare beauty and it was impossible to not be distracted by her dazzling features at such a close distance.

"Is there something you need?"

With tears welling in her enormous eyes sheltered by long luscious lashes, she placed one hand at her throat.

"Were your vocal cords hurt?"

She nodded her reply, opening her mouth to speak but closing it again when she realized the futility of her attempt. Gazing at him helplessly, a fresh round of tears sprung to her red rimmed orbs. She needed him desperately and for the first time in his life, he felt that his existence was of some worth. Patting on her hands comfortingly, he encouraged.

"Let's start this slow. What is your name?"

Frowning at his question, she stuck out her chin out and shook her head. She was not a child, why was he treating her like one?
Seeing her willful actions, he could not help but tease her.

"Do you want to know my name then?"

Rolling her eyes and blowing out a mouthful of air to remove the strand of hair obstructing her vision, she mouthed some words. Reading her lips intently, he growled when he realized she was cursing him.

"Very well. I can see when my presence is not wanted."

Flinging his hand free from her grasp, he got ready to leave. Sensing his intention, she kicked the covers off and scrambled to stop him. The silk sheets tangled in her legs and her knees were useless as they buckled from her still fatigue state. Falling from the bed with her night gown flying up when the bottom of the material caught the breeze, she sailed through the air, expecting herself to hit the floor hard.

Reacting in a split second from his daily warrior-like training, he moved quickly to break her fall. Catching her in midair and cushioning her with his own body, they landed on the floor with her lying directly above him and his large hands somehow cradling the creamy smooth skin of her waist. Greatly aware of the proximity of their faces merely centimeters apart, they inevitably locked gazes.

Her high cheekbones were stained with a dusky rose and the dimple by her lips and the mole on her chin were begging him to plant kisses. He had always prided himself for his immense self-control but at this moment, he found it wavering. On her part, her breathing became shorter and faster. Clearly, she was as affected as he was. Sitting up slowly with her body still fully pressed against his, he slipped his hands under her arms and knees, easily lifting her back to the mattress.

“You shouldn‘t get out of bed.”

Mumbling under his breath such that she had to strain to hear him, he pulled the covers over her endless long legs and tried to hide the fact that his hands were shaking. She smiled and folded her hands in her lap, concealing her trembling hands from his view.
When he flicked his honey brown eyes up to stare at her, all rational thoughts fled her mind as she recalled how strong his arms felt when they were wrapped flawlessly around her naked skin.

Damn him for arousing her desire. She had no time to deal with such feelings. She had on a mission, not to mention that she wasn’t ready to be involved in a relationship. She was after all not even twenty.

“I‘ll best be leaving. You should rest.”

The sound of his voice snapped her out of her reverie and she looked down embarrassed, pretending to smooth out the creases in the bed linen.

Wait!

Concentrating on the movement of her lips, he realized she was asking for his name as well as promising to tell him hers.

“Niigaki. But you can call me Gaki if you wish.”

Michishige Sayumi.

She beamed at him, her face aglow. In return, he offered her a slow smile which made her entire body quiver. After he exited the room she was residing in, her line of sight remained fixated on the rough oak doors. Her behavior revealed her overwhelming attraction towards him and she pinched her eyes shut to block out the face of the man which kept reappearing in her mind.

No, she wasn't going to fall for him. She could not. He belonged to the enemy’s clan and her sole purpose for infiltrating this kingdom was to eliminate every one of its people.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 06:19:20 PM by lil_hamz »

Offline Sukoshi

• Member+
  • Forever in love with the turtle and the hare
Re: More Than One Story... [Midnight: Chapter 1 - Encounter]
« Reply #435 on: April 12, 2009, 12:31:56 PM »
Okay I have too many thoughts racing through my head and seeing as how I can't make sense of anything at this hour...I'm going to let you read my real-time thoughts as I was reading along.  lol these are my unedited thoughts (with added emotes of course), at some parts my guesses were ridiculously wrong but oh well  :lol:

*Midnight*  starto~

*reads the first seven words*

OMG does the chapter start with the continued beating of Gaki??  :on lol: +  :stoned:
Good grief...he might die of horrible injures in two stories! :scared:

eeek and his girl-to-be is being beaten into a pulp as well?!?!   What kind of story is this? XD

OMG if it's Gaki being beaten (in a past life before he became Glass Slipper Gaki -lol I know the stories don't connect but it would be funny if this were his past life) then that means the girl is Eri?!  and she just got tossed to the ground?!   :OMG:  *gasp*   hidoi yo~

wait raven hair?  Sayu?!  (lol don't tell me it's someone else with black hair cause they didn't have hair dye in the past...that would so crack me up XD)  but if it's Sayu..........Is he...could it be?  Is it Prince Eric the Knight?! (I always call him Prince Eric in my mind)  :heart: :heart: :heart: 

eeek Prince Eric is in love with soon-to-be Queen Risa?!

linlin the servant girl...vs linlin the dishwasher XD  lol hammy san XD  wonder which is the better occupation  :sweat:

ah it is SayU!! oh oh! let it be Eric!!  LET IT BE ERIC!!

KYAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaa~  GAKI!?  (okay some part of me knew he was too manly to be Eric!  but a girl can dream~ and drool?  :ph43r:)

But oh no!  I'm reading crack!  and it's addictive~!! N~oooo~!! XD

Darn I like this so much already!  Usually I like to rewind at the end of a chapter and then comment but this time because I had a million thoughts racing through my mind all at once...I had to write down what I was thinking right away so this is what ya get XD

oh!  oh!  after thought just hit me!  Is it KING ERIC?!  and soon-to-be Queen Ai chan?!  :O and and is Reina the ruler of the Yankii kingdom that beat up Gaki?  :O

anyhoo~ 

Midnight ~Suki~!

Oyasayumin  :sleep:

Offline strawb3rrykream

• JPHiP's official imouto <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
« Reply #436 on: April 12, 2009, 06:12:28 PM »
I'm not usually a fan of period things like this but it's by you, so I can't not read it. :lol:
Gaki and Sayu~ :inlove: Hmm, I wonder why he saved her, if they're from different clans. Wait....omg, she's there for a reason isn't she?!?!?! :shocked:

Offline ringo-hime

• House of Byuntae
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #437 on: April 12, 2009, 06:20:35 PM »
Ohh, i love clans~ and all the mysterious secretive people.  :P
Sayu and Gaki, huh? sweeet Lord, so who's that other guy?  :)

No more punishing Gaki, m'kay? well, u can do it not on purpose. 8D

can't wait till you reveal other chara's not so good at guessing.  D:

oh well, osam again! as usual.

tc, that was really pretty. :D

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #438 on: April 12, 2009, 08:28:33 PM »
Oy vey, another one? :lol:

Midnight
Chapter 1 - Encounter

For some reason, I was getting a "King Arthur-Guinevere-Lancelot raburabu toraianguru" vibe at the mention of the presumed main character (who turned out to be Gaki) having feelings for the king's fiancee. :P

Nekkid Sayu = :drool: :jerk:

GakiSayu? Yet another new, unexpected shipping. :D

SPY SAYU!!! :o

Offline Fenrir

• RPG baka
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #439 on: April 12, 2009, 09:19:30 PM »
Ooh, the middle ages with all the blood and gore from swords, knives, spears, and other sharp weapons! What fun! >.>

Poor Gaki, injured again. You just like injuring him don't you?

And spy/assassin Sayu?! :o Beware the devil underneath that cute exterior of hers! :lol:

I see many relationship triangles abound.

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: B`z - Hadashi no Megami