JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: WINK - Eien No LADY DOLL

Author Topic: LoVendoЯ in San Francisco  (Read 20133 times)

Offline rokun

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: LoVendoЯ in San Francisco
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2013, 04:32:29 AM »
Most of it has been covered, but I would like to apologize for the anemic Stage Right on Day 2.
Yeah, there were times when it felt like I was the only person really cheering them on from that side (I assume you're talking about the west side of the plaza closer to Japantown); the seated area seemed dead from what I saw, while the seated area on the other side was really lively. I even remember seeing some people attempting to stand up only to sit back down right away. The main good thing for Lovendor at Union Square was the chance to perform for a much bigger audience; the Day 1 show was definitely the real show for them.

Hey, Tundra Wind, erilaz (from jplop) and I were on the right side too! XD I was watching you a bit through the live J lol, but we were only the only few people in that mass doing any cheers or jumping. I wish I'd thought of going over to the left... but oh well, at least we gave some support from the right. ^^

Offline Rayle

• Member+
« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2013, 05:28:53 AM »
Fancams!

(I was next to that girl with the black hair and blue hair ribbons, although you can't see me here.)

(I see rokun XD Also I'm pretty sure 99% of those random lonely "whoo"s is me. XD I had earbuds in since I was right next to the speakers, so I couldn't hear the rest of the crowd much.)

Also, highlights of the solo vocaloid dance contest and the karaoke contest:

« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 07:01:30 AM by Rayle »

Offline Tris-chan

• Rhyme Fiend
  • Member+
  • MM girls ain't nothin to F* with
« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2013, 06:38:24 AM »
Also Reina totally ignored me. I caught her eye MULTIPLE times, tried waving, doing the heart sign at her....nada.  :sweatdrop:

So, in my H!P ranking, Saki is still tops. ;)

Since everyone else has talked about LoVendoR, I'll talk a little about the kyary press event. Very little, since that interview will be up in the next couple of days here on the JPHiP front page!

Kyary is small, but not as small as Reina. She's adorable, and wore an outfit that I COVET. Seriously. I covet her clothes from this event. She also was adorable, but seemed tired.

The models, however, are fucking tiny. Like, super tiny. Especially Ayumi Sato, I'm pretty sure that a strong gust of wind would break her in half.

Sebastian is super charming and verbose, and I would love to interview him one day. I bet he'd give some great answers.

The models looked a little surprised to get any questions: they were the sideshow to Kyary's main and they knew it. But it was cute seeing them flustered (Saki was the most flustered of any of them, she had no idea what to say.)

Yura is hilarious and I want to get a beer with her.

That's all!

PS - J-Triumf, if we don't hang out sometime I will be an unhappy camper. Also you should come to my cosplay group's shows. THAT IS ALL.

Offline Dracil

« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2013, 09:34:00 AM »
Fancams!

(I was next to that girl with the black hair and blue hair ribbons, although you can't see me here.)

(I see rokun XD Also I'm pretty sure 99% of those random lonely "whoo"s is me. XD I had earbuds in since I was right next to the speakers, so I couldn't hear the rest of the crowd much.)

Also, highlights of the solo vocaloid dance contest and the karaoke contest:

Nice! I see myself and my friends in that first video (basically everyone with LED glowsticks).  The girl with the black hair and blue ribbons is actually the head maid of Fanime next year (she was also one of the judges for the Vocaloid solo dance contest).  Her and the tall brown-haired girl (also a maid) next to her were probably the biggest Lovendor fans in our group.  And obviously I see myself and some others in our group in the wotagei video. :P

I was also disappointed that Kylee never did her Bluebird English cover on either day. :(
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 09:40:13 AM by Dracil »

Offline ryu1132

« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2013, 01:14:51 PM »
Hey guys ryu1132 from H!O. Just wanted to say, I've been reading the jphip boards for a long time but never participated so why not now.  San francisco was so awesome and getting to meet Lovendor especially Reina Tanaka was mind melting(looks at autograph CD Insert with no CD). Meeting up with J-Triumf and getting to meet rokun and a person I assumed to be Tundra Wind was pretty cool. Anyways here's a video I made of the whole event.

In the words of  Kumai-chan ENJOY!! ENJOY!!

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2013, 03:33:25 PM »

00:00〜 相田翔子コメント
07:32〜 ほたる祭りの日 / ジュリン (MV)
14:05〜 for you / 相田翔子 (MV)
19:44〜 LoVendoя in San Francisco 前編
29:37〜 FREE FOR FREE / 中島卓偉 (まっ卓偉けてるタダシいライブ)
33:59〜 Calling You / 中島卓偉 (まっ卓偉けてるタダシいライブ)
41:13〜 愛の園〜Touch My Heart!〜 / 高橋愛(SEACRET BOX)
45:37〜 HAPPY!いっぷくまる / 高橋愛(SEACRET BOX)
53:00〜 LICKS BOX

Offline Rayle

• Member+
« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2013, 03:28:32 AM »
Finally some Peace Plaza footage!

The amount of fucks Marin doesn't give never fails to make me grin.  :wub:

So the entire take-away from the experience for Reina was "SanFran is @#$%ing cold. And it is troublesome."  :lol:

Man, this needed some Sayu-snark. She would have had a field day with the TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES story.

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2013, 07:35:21 AM »
Yeah, this is why J-Pop Summit needs to stick to being held in August or September. Last year's event had warm sunny weather the whole time, which just doesn't happen in late July.

I'm glad they focused on the Peace Pagoda stage performance (a.k.a. the real show), since most news reports seem to focus on the Union Square show instead. It would've been nice if they showed more of it, but at least Reina commented on the sound system shenanigans for a bit. :lol: She also seems to like our city's sourdough bread bowl soups.

Watching the footage of the freeway ride into the city was kinda perplexing: why would their driver take 280 to enter the city when 101 goes straight there from the airport? But then again, that's kinda awesome, because it means HOLY SHIT REINA WAS IN DALY CITY AND PASSED BY MY HOUSE AND A BUNCH OF OTHER PLACES I SEE EVERYDAY! XD

Hey guys ryu1132 from H!O. Just wanted to say, I've been reading the jphip boards for a long time but never participated so why not now.  San francisco was so awesome and getting to meet Lovendor especially Reina Tanaka was mind melting(looks at autograph CD Insert with no CD). Meeting up with J-Triumf and getting to meet rokun and a person I assumed to be Tundra Wind was pretty cool. Anyways here's a video I made of the whole event.

In the words of  Kumai-chan ENJOY!! ENJOY!!
I finally got around to watching your video just now; it was longer than expected but a great way to catch up on some of the other things that went on that weekend, especially since I was completely focused on Lovendor. I'm glad you were able to make it out here! Also, it's good to see you finally register for this site...don't be a stranger!

PS - J-Triumf, if we don't hang out sometime I will be an unhappy camper. Also you should come to my cosplay group's shows. THAT IS ALL.
Hey, you know where to find me now, so just let me know when you're down for whatever. :P
ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

Offline kitaoji

• Member+
« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2013, 06:26:35 PM »
Well - there was an A's game. And a Giants game.  And the Bay Bridge was closed with warnings of a suspicious package.  Stuff happens.  Plus, with 101 they'd have to crawl through the Hairball.  Heck, I'd take 280 and just deal with 19th Ave if I really wanted to go to the Bridge.

But 280? Passes my house. Exit for the Civic Center? OH HI YOU JUST PASSED THE OFFICE (and Philz Coffee, and City Hall, and Starbucks, and...). :D Van Ness Avenue? I have a project there.  So much shameless SF pride  :nervous

I guess she was fine with the shenanigans too XD  And we need to find that special food truck!

Offline Tris-chan

• Rhyme Fiend
  • Member+
  • MM girls ain't nothin to F* with
« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2013, 07:12:18 PM »
..Yes, it is exceptionally weird to see them drive up 280, do things and go to places I've gone to. Also that tent is familiar - they use the same one for everything I think (it's where the performers for the Cherry Blossom festival go to prep also - so technically I was in the same spot as Reina about 4 months earlier!)

I think they switched to July because Japan Expo, which was a dumb idea because so cold! I felt so bad for the girls, they totally expected sunny California weather and got....July in SF  :nervous

In all honesty, I wish they'd done JE instead of summit - Japantown events are NOTORIOUS for sound issues for everybody, it's a really cold venue, tends to be on the not so professional side, etc. If I didn't have to I'd never perform there again.

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2014, 08:03:25 AM »
The official Lovendor channel on YouTube finally uploaded their own recap of visiting J-Pop Summit 2013:

Nothing really new, but it's nice to relive those times with the festival coming up again soon.

I think I recognize that person in the cyan-colored shirt at the end... ;)

Also: the reason why they took 280 into SF was because they flew in via the San Jose airport instead of SFO...an odd choice considering that 1) San Jose is pretty damn far from where they needed to be, and 2) 101 would've still been faster. I guess they wanted to check out the scenic route?
ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: WINK - Eien No LADY DOLL