JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Downy - Kuroi Ame

Author Topic: [04/16] Morning Musume 56th single [Toki o Koe Sora o Koe / Password is 0]  (Read 14480 times)

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+

Offline Rina the Robot

• ☠☠☠
  • Member+
Help, I think I might love electro-Musume too much...

jk there's no such thing.  :P Love Password is 0 and I'm really glad we have more than a 30 second cm clip to loop now.
rina ♥ mini

Offline AmberSan

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Always タカガキ L-O-V-E
"Toki wo..." was performed at today's concert
Quote from: Sohee@Jplop
In the concert they had black dress-ish outfits. Unconfirmed if it's single outfits or not.
Sayashi, Oda, Fukumura main. Lots of unison.
"Grand" mid-tempo goes a bit ballad-y in the middle. EDM sound.
"Relaxed" dance.
Sayashi, Ishida dance battle.

From Twitter.

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ

Toki wo Koe, Sora wo Koe concert rip

This is beautiful. The violins. The harmonizing. I might cry.

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
WELCOME BACK EMO-MUSUME HOW YOU BEEN, YOU LOOK GREAT, I MAY HAVE MISSED YOU

:heart: Lovely!
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
Call me spoiled from the last single and/or just being a general hip-hop head, but I was hoping/expecting a better drum beat for this. :P But hey, the song is actually mid-tempo this time.

Sounds decent so far; I'm sure I'll like it more once a studio preview is released and I can actually hear everything clearly. The piano sounds really nice, and the vocal harmonization adds to the atmosphere and feel of the sound. I can definitely hear the connection to Platinum Era, though this also comes off as a happy and modern version of "As For One Day" to me. It also somehow reminds me of video game music, but I'm not sure exactly which game(s)...I guess the violin parts remind me of Sonic Generations somehow? But different parts of the song are also kinda game-ish too.

"TokiSora" is definitely begging for a remix by me. :P
ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
Listened to the full concert rip, Password is 0 sounds fiercer live with the '14 version. Less comedic compared to the Morisanchuu version, but that's to be expected.

On TokiSora, it sounds like it should be an anime ending theme. XD It's also the first song in a while for this lineup that is actually focusing on romantic love. We haven't had any of that kind of song in an A-side for a while (since Platinum Musume?). It felt like a leftover from Platinum era updated for the new era. XD

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline Baekshim

• Member+
Yes emo song! XD it's a nice change, well-balanced single, I like both songs.

Offline riOtkittin

• h!p fan since 2004
  • Member+
I actually like TokiSora. Usually I tend to dislike the midtempo songs, but this is interesting and not boring. Really like where the trolly Tsunk is taking Momosu since 9ki joined. My only wish is that tsunku was better with beats. But maybe that's just me that listens to aggrotech to much =D

Password is not electro enough for me. It's a bit blah, it needs a better beat imho.

Offline Rina the Robot

• ☠☠☠
  • Member+
rina ♥ mini

Offline Rina the Robot

• ☠☠☠
  • Member+
I've never wanted to cry reading a thread translation until now. Don't make all those comments about it being Tsunku's farewell, damn it.  :cry:

But really, it IS an amazing song and I'm really glad someone compared it to Tanpopo's Last Kiss because reading that was like an aha moment. They are similarly epic, somehow.
rina ♥ mini

Offline CrypticShadow8

• ecchi
  • Member+
Live Performance of Password is 0 at 17:03

http://youtu.be/5hNnroAPYjA?t=17m2s

I like Password is 0 a lot more after watching it live. It conveyed a lot of energy that the studio recording didn't. And of course I love Toki o. I've listened to that song a ridiculous amount of times lol.

I think I want this single to win #1 more than any other single. Not even because I think it's so much better or anything but because it is so different and I want that to be encouraged. I worry that if this single breaks the #1 streak that we won't get anything new and creative for awhile.

Then again I worried the same thing with Egao no Kimi and that still got #1 so let's make it happen again!

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Toki o Koe Sora o Koe radio rip

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!

Offline Chibs

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Confessed Eriholic
I like Password is 0 but Toki wo Koe blows it out of the water.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnTLtE5OpDo#t=2m15s
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 07:00:20 PM by Chibs »

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+

Offline Rina the Robot

• ☠☠☠
  • Member+
Not to pass judgement on a clip that's maybe 20 seconds long at best but based on Password is 0...

HEY GUYS GUESS WHO MOMUSU'S NEW CENTER IS. GO ON, GUESS.  :lol: I love Riho but damn.

Really excited about TokiSora's pv, it looks like it fits the song perfectly (I especially like the bare feet for the dance shot! When the initial costume pictures came out and they had those heeled sneakers on I cringed, but I'm glad they seem to have opted for more delicate heels/bare feet for the actual promotion)
rina ♥ mini

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
Toki o Koe Sora o Koe MV preview. This song is so pretty :heart:

JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Downy - Kuroi Ame