JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Go! Go! 7188 - Cutie Honey

Author Topic: [04/16] Morning Musume 56th single [Toki o Koe Sora o Koe / Password is 0]  (Read 14484 times)

Offline CrypticShadow8

• ecchi
  • Member+
I am so in love.

Offline Baekshim

• Member+
So much back girls' screentime compared to before! *champagne's bottle*
Now, take care of Zukki, cameraman/Upfront/you Zukki-hater.

Offline Baekshim

• Member+
Toki wo Koe Sora wo Koe MV from M-ON Sakidori (TV)

Offline Rayle

• Member+
Toki O's arrangement is everything. It was a mistake to tease at Drum-n-bass in the pre-chorus, (with one of the most generic pre-drop rhythms, at that) but with the way the vocals were directed, the song was absolutely right to maintain its restraint throughout, riding on the main sample. The melancholy of the piano itself is only enhanced by the white noise and its derezzed chopping, invoking the feeling of straining to hear a nostalgic song from a lost love, but even that is obscured by radio static. (Which is a metaphor for life and shit, of course.  ;))
But unlike with DESTINY LOVE and Nakidasu Kamo Shirenai yo, Toki O's composition fits with this style of arrangement. No twinges of dissatisfaction due to overly cheesy melodies, and the DnB missteps are a much smaller offender in terms of breaking the mood.
If the pre-chorus had just gone for a slightly more ballad-esque, this song would have been perfect.

Wow, who is arranging Password is 0? That sounds amazing. Even within Kpop, I've only heard Shinee do that kind of electro, and their arrangements don't quite hit the range this one does. The composition is a little more Tsunku-cheesy, but that's what instrumental tracks are for, amirite?  :P

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
I still maintain that "TokiSora" suffers from an overly simplistic/basic main drum pattern after having been spoiled by the big/crazy/fun beats of the previous single ("Egao no Kimi" in particular); Rayle's comparison to "Destiny Love" and "Nakidasu" actually makes me yearn for those song's stylings even more. :lol: But the subtle presence of choppiness in the pianos and fuzzy synths that I'm finally picking up on now almost make up for this rhythmic shortcoming, and the rest of the instrumentation and melodies work really well for the intended theme. I'm still having trouble pinpointing which video game(s) this song reminds me of beyond the Sonic Generations-style violins...perhaps Metroid Prime? Or maybe it's just that general Japanese game feel I occasionally get from H!P songs that will continue to haunt me...and there's definitely a sense of haunting here that reminds me of my own past experiences in longing for someone. XD Again, "TokiSora" is still a "must remix" for me because of all that; the whole thing just makes me wanna study the song in-depth and give it my own rhythmic touch.

As for the video: so this is what it's like when JJ Abrams gets his hands on H!P...I was almost expecting the Narada to show up. :P The Earth background and some of the color effects make it seem like a continuation of the  "Egao no Kimi" music video, even with yet another line formation in the dance. I'm kinda surprised they actually stuck with going barefoot for the dance, but it's an interesting look and refreshing change from constantly dancing on heeled shoes; it would've been more impressive if they carried it even further by sticking with it for stage performances and outside promotions. :lol: Although I'll have to disagree with Rina the Robot and say I prefer the white sneaker-style shoes to the thin strappy ones, as I like the sportiness and sense of contrast they brought.

One last thing, alhtough I kinda don't wanna end this post on a somber note, but I realized upon saying "haunting" in a more positive manner above: considering the lyrics and the somewhat otherworldly feel of the video, and in light of recent news, is this song Tsunku's way of coming to terms with his own mortality? Or maybe I'm looking too much into this...

(Someone remind me to make a post this for "Password is 0" when that song's video comes out, because I forgot to properly  gush about "Kimi no Kawari" last time. :nervous )
ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

Offline Rayle

• Member+
Didn't even have to change the tempo or anything. Man, Rino is good.

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Tsunku's comments on the single and the members
Quote from: Tsunku
Michishige : Her personality and style has materialized. Her every single gesture and utterance has weight behind it. Even though when she came into the group she was terrible at singing, at this point she's become pretty good at it. Her dancing also evokes that mature attractiveness/sexiness. She has really grown a lot. She can even say something like 「Why can't you even do something like this right!」 sharply to the members. Wished she could say that now to her-10-or-so-years-ago-self too.

Fukumura : Her dancing has become more powerful. Back in her Egg days she looked slow but now she has that sharpness in her moves. Her singing and expressions are also coming along nicely. Even though her slowness has disappeared somewhat when you tell her to do an ad-lib or when something's happening unexpectedly her flustered and panicked face are still there. It's so like Fukuchan, so moe.

Ikuta : She always gave me a feeling of 「Ah there she goes」. Whenever she entered into my field of vision, I don't even know why but somehow it makes me happy, like something's about to happen. She always practiced at dancing and singing of course but it still gives you the feeling of 「Eeeh!What exactly have you been practicing!?」 because there's still some incoherence in it. She's very amusing. In Toki wo Koe Sora wo Koe please do have a look at her facial expressions. Her expressions in her own way is a very fine thing.

Sayashi : Whether she's really just a good girl or just simply too serious/diligent for her own good, or perhaps even someone who keeps an ulterior motive or two... It's a riddle. She always straightforwardly tackle everything on her way. When she concentrates in learning something, she'll do it over and over again until she can make it completely her own. She's very highly skilled in that regard. That being the case, when her switch is off... she's not so bright. She fails, she trips, she stumbles all over the place.

Suzuki : Recently she seems to finally grasped her own character. Back when she seemed lost, unable to find her own way, even I got nervous. But it seems like something is finally coming into place and she's started moving towards it now. When the time comes that this girl has her own break of popularity I think that'll be the time Morning Musume' 14 will be commonly recognized in living rooms again. To begin with she has some ability in singing and dancing to an extent, so if she worked on her confidence I think she'll be able to make a decent progress in a single leap.

Iikubo : She's improving at a steady pace. As I expected, even girls with no foundation whatsoever at the beginning could steadily improve later on. In terms of age she's only second to Michishige but when talking about a sense of simple naivety, she's so pure-white she's probably no.1 among the members. This girl after becoming a member is absorbing everything around her rapidly at an amazing rate, like a parched desert ground absorbing water.

Ishida : More and more her "bad" character is showing... didn't expect her to grow into such a little devil. Having said that, she's only 17.. from other people's perspective she's still cute. Her stature in on the shorter side so she looks very young but her sharp expressions has a considerable piercing quality to it. If she put more care into her singing, it (her charms) could be even more persuasive. I'm looking forward to it.

Satou : She got me thinking 「Uhm, what should I do with this girl...」 she confuses me that much. In the past Tsuji and Kago were also pretty nonsensical but it's different with her. She has a serious side to her where she does things properly and she's also well-versed musically but her every actions looks like it you could almost hear the sound effects like "GashaaaA~n!' or "PRII~ngg". As I said before she already knows quite a lot about music so if she could progress beyond just the theories and learn how to sing with her whole body... if she could grasp that understanding she'll grow even more.

Kudou : She's an interesting kid. Actually very airheaded but she's also got that hardworking side of her that's really cute. And she's grown into such a pretty, beautiful girl. There's still probably 1~2 years left until her dancing shows some intensity but once she's grown into a more mature body-type I think she'll have that sharp impact in her dancing. If by that time she still retains her airherdeadness/spontaneity like now I think she'd be a very reliable member of the group.

Oda
: She's calmed down a bit. Maybe she's finally become familiar with her surroundings. She has the look of a motherly 30-something years old but sometimes she also shows expression like a 3years old child. Her singing is really mature, the sounds she belts out is also very consistent. That's why I want her to be able to truly sing, not just with technical cleverness, but also from the heart. She has a very high chance to become an amazing singer, so I want her to put in the effort to not end up as just a "middle-high school girl who's pretty good at singing".

http://ameblo.jp/tsunku-blog/entry-11810962759.html

*Thx to randompasserby from JPLOP

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
07:28~ モーニング娘。'14「Password is 0」(MV)

Offline Rina the Robot

• ☠☠☠
  • Member+
Just a few thoughts on the Password pv

- It sounds weird but I'm amazed by how little Sayu stands out. Considering there's a 10 year age difference with some of the members, she does a really great job of blending in. Plus it's nice that Tsunku has been praising her improvements, she's an inspiring person considering how long she's been working at this. Hard work really can get you anywhere.
- I hate the one sleeve tops that a few of the girls have
- Eripon always stands out in pvs no matter how much or how little screen time she gets, I wonder if she's inherently better at working the camera because she's such an idol fan?
- A tad too much Riho screen time for me but I'm not bitching, she's a valuable member and I hope the push gives the group a recognizable face other than Sayu

I don't really have anything significant to contribute since I'm satisfied with virtually everything we've gotten in the EDM Musume era, oh well. I don't mind feeling spoiled  :P
rina ♥ mini

Offline Ruka Kikuchi

• Member+
  • Aspiring actress and writing for fun!
    • rukakikuchi
    • rukakikuchi
Full PV

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

:heart: l Completed: Fire and Ice l Black Chocolate l My eternal blue rose l Dishonored l The Black Rose l Fruits of a Rose l Remnants l :heart:
:heart: l Dropped: Tentomu chu l REBORN l Bite me l NMB Gakuen l YumeToki l Cafe 48 l :heart: l Hiatus/Indefinite: Samurai l Blood Bonds l Night Wind's Deed l PRISM l Time Travelers l :heart:
:heart: l Collab threads: Sky&Ruka l Ruka&Michael l :heart:
 l Compilation thread: 48G New Gen l :heart:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Offline Rina the Robot

• ☠☠☠
  • Member+
Some upcoming performances

April 19th - CDTV (performing Password is 0)
April 21st - Music Japan (performing TokiSora and Password is 0)

Source: http://www.tbs.co.jp/cdtv/guest/ and http://www.nhk.or.jp/mj/
rina ♥ mini

Offline Chibs

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Confessed Eriholic
Quote from: Amped
huge posters at Shinjuku Station Marunouchi Line 
http://twitter.com/kikukawapro/status/455612325534253056

credit xChiyoChii, Cio'14 at other forum

translation

モー娘。「追う者は強くなければ、つまらない。」
"If they don't pursue strength/improvement then it's a bore"

They go from left to right

Suzuki Kanon

Yume miru dake ja kantan sa / Just dreaming is easy (Help me!!)

Soro soro shuppatsu da / it's time to take off/go (Brainstorming)

Between Kanon & Masaki

Tsutawaranai ai wa nai darou / There's no such thing as a love that doesn't reach (Wakuteka Take a Chance)

Jibun wo Shinjite yuku shika nai / There's no other thing than to believe in yourself (Ai no Gundan)

Sato Masaki
Shouri no Megami wa donata ni Hohoeme deshou ka / Who will the Godess of victory smile at? (What is LOVE?)
Kuyashisa wa wasureru mon ja nai / Dissapointment isn't something you forget (Egao no Kimi wa Taiyou sa)

Between Masaki & Haruka
Sainou nante aru to omou na / Don't think you're talented (Kimi no Kawari wa Iya Shinai)

Kudo Haruka
Toki ni MISUru kara tsuyoku naru / We become stronger because we make mistakes (Kimi no Kawari wa Iya Shinai)

Between Haruka & Ayumi
Watashi wa mada ne Mikansei / I'm still incomplete (Toki wo Koe, Sora wo Koe)
Honki de katatte miro / Try to really talk to me (Wakuteka Take a Chance)

Ishida Ayumi
Zenshin de atatte miro / Let's try to be fully succesful (Wakuteka Take a Chance)

Between Ayumi & Riho
Maketakunai kara egao de gomakasanai / Because I don't wanna lose, I won't cheat with a smile (Wagamama Ki no Mama Ai no Joke)
Yashin ga aru nara sorede juubun da  / If you're ambitious, then that's enough (Password is 0)

Sayashi Riho
Sabottenaide Sunetenaide Komottenaide / Don't be lazy , Don't get sulky, Don't shut yourself off (Brainstorming)

Between Riho & Sayumi
Seishun wo muda ni sun ja nai / Don't waste your youth (Wakuteka Take a Chance)
Ooki na chikara ni nomikomarenai / Don't get swallowed by that big power (Ai no Gundan)

Michishige Sayumi
Akiramecha make wo mitomechau sore dake wa dekinai no / If I give up, my defeat will be accepted but that's the one thing I can't do (Help me!!)

Between Sayumi & Erina
Itsuka kitto tassei dekiru / One day you'll be able to succeed (Brainstorming)

Ikuta Erina
Saa mai odore Saa mune wo hare / Come on dance  Come on  be proud (Brainstorming)

Between Erina & Sakura
Doryoku no saki ni wa nan no hoshou mo nai / There's no guarantee for what lies beyond your efforts (Password is 0)
Soredemo doryoku no saki ni nani ka ga aru / But there lies something beyond your efforts (Password is 0)

Oda Sakura
Tanin no me nante ki ni nannai / Do not care about what others think (Ai no Gundan)

Between Sakura & Mizuki
Zenbu mitome Mirai wo shinjiyou / Accept everything and believe in the future (One-Two-Three)

Fukumura Mizuki
Aisaretai Aisaretai / I want to be loved (Wagamama Ki no Mama Ai no Joke)

Between Mizuki & Haruna
ANCHI kara manabiuru genjitsu / From antis, reality can be learned (Help me!!)
PINCHI kara tsukamitoru eikou / I'll grip onto glory when I'm in a pinch (Help me!!)

Iikubo Haruna
NEGATIBU ni masaru teki wa nai / No enemy can win against negativity (Kimi no Kawari wa Iya Shinai)
Koko ga funbari dokoro ne / I have to stand firmly here (Help me!!)

Offline Chibs

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Confessed Eriholic
Quote from: Amped
official site is updated with the posters.

they also added password hints "forgot your password?"

http://www.helloproject.com/morningmusume/tokisora/#poster

passwords
0    ⇒Password is 0
123 ⇒ モーニング娘。 「One・Two・Three」 (MV)
14  ⇒ モーニング娘。'14-ハロー!プロジェクトオフィシャルサイト-
910 ⇒ ℃-ute-ハロー!プロジェクトオフィシャルサイト-
10  ⇒ Berryz工房-ハロー!プロジェクトオフィシャルサイト-
1010 ⇒Juice=Juice-ハロー!プロジェクトオフィシャルサイト-
2525 ⇒ スマイレージ-ハロー!プロジェクトオフィシャルサイト-
29 ⇒つんく♂オフィシャルウェブサイト
39 ⇒堀内 孝雄 オフィシャルホームページ
12 ⇒モーニング娘。’14 <黄金(ゴールデン)>オーディション!
321 ⇒モーニング娘。 『3,2,1 BREAKIN'OUT ! 』 (MV)
GERO⇒下呂温泉 旅館協同組合公式サイト
KERO⇒中島早貴プロフィール

for video messages
713   ⇒56thリリース特設サイト限定ムービー道重さゆみ
1030 ⇒56thリリース特設サイト限定ムービー譜久村聖
77  ⇒56thリリース特設サイト限定ムービー生田衣梨奈
528   ⇒56thリリース特設サイト限定ムービー鞘師里保
85   ⇒56thリリース特設サイト限定ムービー鈴木香音
117   ⇒56thリリース特設サイト限定ムービー飯窪春菜
17   ⇒56thリリース特設サイト限定ムービー石田亜佑美
57  ⇒56thリリース特設サイト限定ムービー佐藤優樹
1027 ⇒56thリリース特設サイト限定ムービー工藤遥
312   ⇒56thリリース特設サイト限定ムービー小田さくら
mezasuha1i⇒56thリリース特設サイト"目指すは1位"ムービー モーニング娘。'14

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+

http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/js/d/2014-04-15/more/1/

19:09~ モーニング娘。'14「Password is 0」(Dance Shot Ver.)

« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 06:53:10 PM by oaxiac »

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+

Morning Musume。 '14 interview with Oricon Style for 'Toki wo Koe Sora wo Koe / Password is 0'
Currently making another break! What's an event where you felt your faces and names were remembered?

―― Firstly, we'd like to hear about the first of your two songs from the double A single 「Toki wo Koe Sora wo Koe」 {Crossing time, crossing space}! What sort of song is it?

【Ikuta Erina】 I think that this song, with its grand title (laughs)、 can evoke a response in anyone。 It's packed with tons of lyrics such as “On days when you're lonely and can't sleep, it's okay to cry,” impressive lyrics that can open up your mind。

【Ishida Ayumi】 Although we've already performed this song at a concert, normally when we say things like 「We would like to perform our new song」, all of the fans would obstinately try to dance along together, yet everyone listened carefully when it came to this song。

【Fukumura Mizuki】 That hasn't happened before。 I think that this song really does cross time。 As Eripon (Ikuta) mentioned、 there are plenty of lyrics that can resonate with you, and at the same time, the contents give you a sense of the future。 The music video (MV) is like that as well, and we drew out this amazing 'sense of space' in the concert! Even the dance looks like we're moving in water, creating a sensation of zero gravity。

Full
http://icejiggly.blogspot.be/2014/04/morning-musume-14-interview-with-oricon.html#more

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
Good to see they're getting good sales, and more attention from the general public. And they deserve it, both songs and PVs are really likeable.

Hello Pro Station. Surprised me that the text for solo shots in Password is 0 wasn't CG. Makes me interested in watching the making. :)

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky

JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Go! Go! 7188 - Cutie Honey