JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Downy - Kuroi Ame

Author Topic: [10/05] Morning Musume。'14 Live Concert in New York  (Read 74809 times)

Offline Sacul097

• Member+
Re: [10/05] Morning Musume。'14 Live Concert in New York
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2014, 05:34:59 PM »
I'll be there if it kills me! Which it possibly might considering I have medical issues and the "standing room only" thing could be a problem since I get dizzy and feel sick if I stand up for too long. Hopefully they make exceptions for people with disabilities.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2014, 05:50:37 PM »
I'll be there if it kills me! Which it possibly might considering I have medical issues and the "standing room only" thing could be a problem since I get dizzy and feel sick if I stand up for too long. Hopefully they make exceptions for people with disabilities.
I'd contact the venue if I were you to ask (maybe they can ask H!P staff for you if they don't know), at least at Japan's H!P concerts they have room at the front for people with disabilities. Just of course be prepared to have to prove your disability >_<

At least it doesn't hurt to ask :3
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2014, 06:17:34 PM »
Is Newark a bad place to get off the plane at? it's like a million times cheaper  :lol:

Also I can't seem to find any night flights from London -> NY so the earliest I can arrive is lunchtime D: ugh, hate wasting a day like that.

Offline Sacul097

• Member+
« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2014, 06:23:25 PM »

I'd contact the venue if I were you to ask (maybe they can ask H!P staff for you if they don't know), at least at Japan's H!P concerts they have room at the front for people with disabilities. Just of course be prepared to have to prove your disability >_<

At least it doesn't hurt to ask :3

Proving it shouldn't be a problem since my neurologist is in NY, but I'll wait until I can get my ticket before I contact them or the venue.

When they announce the ticket sales will it be like, "Okay ticket sales will start on this date so get your wallets ready" or will it be more of a "Ticket sales start now, so fight to the death for them!" kind of situation? How do they do it for other concerts?

Is Newark a bad place to get off the plane at? it's like a million times cheaper  :lol:

Also I can't seem to find any night flights from London -> NY so the earliest I can arrive is lunchtime D: ugh, hate wasting a day like that.

Newark should be okay. I'm pretty sure you can get a train from Newark airport to penn station, which is within walking distance of the venue.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 06:59:34 PM by Sacul097 »

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2014, 07:08:03 PM »
^Don't worry they usually announce when the tickets go on sale beforehand so that you can ready your wallets (or camp out with your credit cards). I'll do my best to be on top of things so everyone knows the latest news!

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline boykun

• トマトケチャップ 100% OK
  • Member+
« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2014, 09:02:47 PM »
Most likely going! Let's do this!

Offline Rina the Robot

• ☠☠☠
  • Member+
« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2014, 12:43:09 AM »
I am a firm maybe. Finances are like way up in the air now (planning a summer trip, possibly moving/rent going up). I REALLY REALLY want to, I just have to work some things out first.  :heart:

Yaaaaasssssss, come be with me!
rina ♥ mini

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Prance. Do it. Now. N.O.W.
« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2014, 02:57:03 AM »
Lol so I'm gonna ask here cuz there's someone on the FB group who made me realize something:

Does the thought of a paper event offend anyone? Because we are essentially holding up (smaller) signs that could potentially block the view for about 1-2 minutes of a 2 hour concert.

I never thought the idea could be so offensive to people who came to see the girls and not wanna get their view blocked for that amount of time but hey, learn something new xD

Offline Chibs

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Confessed Eriholic
« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2014, 05:04:51 AM »
I guess it makes sense, since a lot of people are going to be traveling to see Momusu.  And for many it might be their only chance to see them.  So they want to absorb it as much as possible.  I do think there will be places where you could hold up signs and not block people.  Just not from the seats.

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2014, 05:21:28 AM »
The paper will be a lot smaller but who wouldn't give to be a part of something like this?

http://youtu.be/HScNKxqfmRo?t=3m11s

Offline Quietriot

• Yankiifest 2012
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • do a thing make a writing
« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2014, 05:58:13 AM »
I am a maybe; if my financial/living situation is pretty stable by that point and I can afford it, I def wanna go haha

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2014, 06:24:24 AM »
^
^

Wait, Hashire, are you the one buying the 4000? O_O;
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 06:57:05 AM by Yuuyami »

Offline Rayle

• Member+
« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2014, 07:41:08 AM »
The paper will be a lot smaller but who wouldn't give to be a part of something like this?

http://youtu.be/HScNKxqfmRo?t=3m11s

I'd rather go with a glowstick ocean and/or a Sayu encore call. Neither block anyone's views.

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #53 on: May 08, 2014, 07:55:59 AM »
^I hope you're getting a decent price quote from your seller. Are they a wholesaler?

Other than a pink ocean, I was thinking of maybe a banner, but the venue doesn't allow it normally...do you think we can work with UF directly for it instead? If THEY put it up, the venue can't disagree. :lol: Something that says "Thank you for the 11 years". The staff can keep a secret after all. Do you think it's at all workable?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 08:15:25 AM by Estrea »

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #54 on: May 08, 2014, 08:34:19 AM »
Well, remember they contacted us for the international fan survey, maybe daigong could use that contact as a springboard. Just throwing down ideas on the floor since that's all I can do from afar (plus donate to the glowstick fund when it comes up XD).

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline tru_harmony

• Ships legally in most jurisdictions
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's Official: ~IshiYoshi is Love~
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #55 on: May 08, 2014, 10:13:42 AM »
If you guys are putting together a glowstick  fund or something like that, let us know. I want to contribute in some way. Law school wouldn't let me be away for that month. At least there'd be a glowstick there in my stead.

I would've loved to meet y'all. I got a visa to the States and I could just stay in NJ, but the timing is just so way off for me.

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2014, 11:10:22 PM »
You can upgrade my status to "very likely" because I got a job now! I'm actually not sure how long it's gonna last (temp contract) so nothing's guaranteed yet, but my chances of going just increased by a whole lot! :w00t:

If only it was a west coast appearance...but hey, I could use a good excuse to visit NYC again!

ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #57 on: May 09, 2014, 11:15:48 PM »
you can push it up to very likely because I do want to go.

The only issue is the ticket before I plan anything :lol:
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline Flyp

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 12th gen supporter
« Reply #58 on: May 10, 2014, 05:23:16 AM »
Man, I'm tempted! Put me down as interested

Offline 55Cyanides

• Member+
« Reply #59 on: May 10, 2014, 09:31:54 PM »
Definitely going, in the pre-pre-pre planning stage, but here goes:

MIDWEST PEOPLE (Specifically Indiana and Michigan)

I was looking at renting a car from Indiana University (my current place of residence) and a 9/30 to 10/07 Rental with my discount, is only $180, or $115 if from 10/01 to 10/07. I was thinking of driving back home to Michigan for a day or so, and then drive to New York. It's an average of 7-9 hours, depending on how fast I drive. I can take 3 to 4 people, and I'm considering of only charging about $20-$40 flat, plus one full of tank gas split between all of us (I'm thinking an extra $15). 7-9 hours, that's like a bunch of IDOL albums you can jam and if you guys need food, I can take care of that.

HOTEL

I'll still need help on this, but I do not mind at all reserving it under my name and having people come stay. Depending on how many people are staying, I will charge a small fee per night, thinking around the $20 to $40 area. I am very flexible with price, if you need something a bit more leeway. However, I am still needing help on places to stay so I can make this happen.

If, at the very least, one of these methods (traveling or hotel) sounds good, contact me and we'll make plans to make sure this is great for you. Also, if you're not from the midwest, but perhaps in the way of Indiana --> Michigan --> New York, I may be able to pick you up.

JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Downy - Kuroi Ame