JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: SKE48 - CAP NO NAKA NO KOMOREBI

Author Topic: [News] S/MILEAGE to add 3rd Gen from KSS + Name Change: ANGERME  (Read 18157 times)

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
Re: [News] S/MILEAGE to add 3rd Gen from KSS + Name Change: ANGERME
« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2014, 08:34:14 AM »
Harder to unsee since its all caps. ANGERME

Someone should just update it to Ange/me

See. no R.
rrrrrr  = bad
/ = good
the / is the fairy feather. its actually nice.
please. don't trust skynet. somebody listen! :pleeease:

Offline Ruka Kikuchi

• Member+
  • Aspiring actress and writing for fun!
    • rukakikuchi
    • rukakikuchi
« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2014, 01:55:43 PM »
Lemme just say one thing. I really like this name change, it's beautiful, but that's not the point. To me, names aren't what make up a person or a group. It's the person/people who do. S/mileage is still S/mileage. They aren't going to change. And I love them. :D

Anyway, we got footage of them performing Yume-miru 15 at their most recent tour. Around point 23:15.

(I seriously went all-out WOTA mode XD)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

:heart: l Completed: Fire and Ice l Black Chocolate l My eternal blue rose l Dishonored l The Black Rose l Fruits of a Rose l Remnants l :heart:
:heart: l Dropped: Tentomu chu l REBORN l Bite me l NMB Gakuen l YumeToki l Cafe 48 l :heart: l Hiatus/Indefinite: Samurai l Blood Bonds l Night Wind's Deed l PRISM l Time Travelers l :heart:
:heart: l Collab threads: Sky&Ruka l Ruka&Michael l :heart:
 l Compilation thread: 48G New Gen l :heart:

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #42 on: December 24, 2014, 02:16:07 PM »
^ Yes!! Some good ol' positivity! ^______________^ I'm feeling the holiday spirit!

Yume miru 15 totally always gets me going! Suki-chan & Yume miru 15, those are the aces 8)

LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo

Offline scorn

• オナニー
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #45 on: December 25, 2014, 10:02:57 AM »
Jicchan.com - ANGERME = ANGER ME = ANGRY WOTA?
- http://www.jicchan.com/?p=1705
Wow, they're angered (lol sorry  :P) more by the teardrop logo than the "anger me" name XD
Beautifulest women of all time 1.)Kim Sohee 2.)Minatozaki Sana 3.)Myoui Mina 4.)Fukumura Mizuki 5.)Uemura Akari 6.)Yabuki Nako 7.)Oguri Yui 8.)Nashiko Momotsuki 9.)Na-yeon 10.)Ikuta Eripon

Offline Ruka Kikuchi

• Member+
    • rukakikuchi
    • rukakikuchi

:heart: l Completed: Fire and Ice l Black Chocolate l My eternal blue rose l Dishonored l The Black Rose l Fruits of a Rose l Remnants l :heart:
:heart: l Dropped: Tentomu chu l REBORN l Bite me l NMB Gakuen l YumeToki l Cafe 48 l :heart: l Hiatus/Indefinite: Samurai l Blood Bonds l Night Wind's Deed l PRISM l Time Travelers l :heart:

Offline sayumi_fan

• 重ピンクがんばって!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Sayummy
« Reply #47 on: December 28, 2014, 04:29:08 AM »
Missed the news of the name change until now, in the craziness of the leadup to Christmas and other stuff happening.  However...

I am not a violent person.  I am actually very peaceable and generally thought of as a positive and encouraging person.

And to get one thing out of the way, I do love the *concept* of calling them 'angel's tears'...  okay...  it's quite sweet.  I know the decision is made, and it's not debatable.  But why not stick to Japanese, which is a language they know, instead of bastardising some French and coming up with something that in English is absolute crap.  (I was thinking, for example, derive from 天使の涙 and go for 'Tenida' or something).

But... (and I rarely use language like this!) ...  what the FUCK are they thinking with a name which, in English, means pretty much the direct opposite of S/mileage.  And has Tsunku taken leave of his senses, leaving something like this to a bunch of girls who are sweet and pretty as all get out, but likely have no commercial sense at all.

I am a huge fan of S/mileage.  I will follow ANGERME (hate these names with all capitals as well..  and in my own files I will be calling them AngeRme just to distract from the awfulness of the name and remind myself where it comes from) ...  but

I will HATE HATE HATE their name forever.

And sadly, Kana will move waaaaay down from the top to the bottom of my S/mileage like-list, up which she was never all that high, but after this she is bottom forever.  And cannot graduate soon enough.

Now, to make some amends:

- sincere apologies to those who really like the name.  There's no accounting for tastes, and I'm glad this makes someone happy...  just not me.
- sincere apologies to Kana fans...  I know there are people who find other members annoying...  she's just not to my taste, and even less now.  Wish she'd learned enough English to see what she was suggesting.

Okay, now let's get back to loving the new members and looking to the future.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #48 on: December 28, 2014, 09:50:22 AM »
And sadly, Kana will move waaaaay down from the top to the bottom of my S/mileage like-list, up which she was never all that high, but after this she is bottom forever.  And cannot graduate soon enough.
Whaaaaaatttt are you serious?? She does not deserve to graduate for taking the initiative to come up with the new name for the group, which she probably thought about a lot in earnest. Poor girl gets blamed when there probably is no name at all that fans would have been happy with; maybe staff even chose her suggestion because they realized fans might be less likely to blame a member for coming up with a name (well at least SOME fans), especially a less popular member. And since Japanese fans seem more pissed off about the cheapness of the logo than the name, I'd say it was a success in that sense. Kananan must have been so excited when her suggestion was chosen, I hope she never learns about this BS from foreign fans :smhid

EDIT: And the reason why a bastardization of French will go over better than a Japanese-based name in Japan is because languages like English and French are perceived as 'cool' over there (whether people understand it or not) and of course, to make a group seem 'cool', those languages are likely to be used. That's why we have BERRYZ kobo, C-UTE, MORNING musume, COUNTRY GIRLS, Juice=Juice, hangry & angry, MELON kinenbi, PETITmoni, etc. etc. If you wanted to sound old-fashioned then sure, pick a Japanese-based name. Also, Japanese people may be eager to bastardize foreign languages by randomly throwing words together, but bastardizing Japanese is different, and really makes no sense.

IDK maybe sleep over it and re-ponder if such a hostile reaction to a Jpop idol group's new name is really necessary. o_o

"What's in a name? that which we call a rose/ By any other name would smell as sweet".
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 09:58:11 AM by shirenu '14 »

Offline sayumi_fan

• 重ピンクがんばって!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Sayummy
« Reply #49 on: December 28, 2014, 01:47:22 PM »
"What's in a name? that which we call a rose/ By any other name would smell as sweet".

Heh heh...  shirenu '14, ever the well-argued voice of sanity and reason.  After cooling down some, I take most of your points as very fair...  and your understanding of the place of foreign-based words in Japanese popular culture is especially well placed.

As for Kananan...  yeah, you are right...  I was taking out my disbelief and disappointment on the poor girl.  Heck, she's only an innocent teen and I'm a mature bloke (well, maybe the adjective doesn't fit right now, heh heh!)  ...  she's not my fave in the group at all, but truly, I actually hate to see any member of any of the groups graduate pretty much.

So yeah, I am very disappointed with the name.  That stands.  Japanese fans would be less concerned about it because they would not be instantly hit by the impact of the most likely first-reading meaning in English.  And they are right, the logo is pretty poor as well, compared to the quite classy S/mileage logo.  But I will do my level best to constantly read it in my head as the Japanese アンジュルム 'Anjurumu' and block out the 'anger me' reading...  one thing's for sure, I'm never going to quit loving them any more than I would quit on Momusu or C-ute...  and I'll try to love Kananan a little more too   8)

Thanks for talking sense, soon-to-be shirenu '15   :P

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #50 on: December 28, 2014, 02:15:44 PM »
Glad to see that
The Disturbance
in The Force

Found Harmony!

Sometimes I'm right and I can be wrong
My own beliefs are in my song
The butcher, the banker, the drummer and then
Makes no difference what group I'm in
I am everyday people, yeah, yeah

There is a  blue red  one
Who can't accept the green one
For living with a fat one
Trying to be a skinny one
Different strokes
For different folks

And so on and so on
And scooby dooby dooby
Oh sha sha
We got to live together

Thank you both shirenu 14.98 and sayumi_fan,
I have always enjoyed your posts, enthusiasm,
and insights!

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #51 on: December 28, 2014, 02:17:17 PM »
BTW

I saw on this site:
http://utsurome.blog23.fc2.com/blog-entry-1001.html

And Lyrics are from
'Everyday People'
Artist: Sly and the Family Stone
Writer(s): Sylvester Stewart, Todd Thomas

Offline sayumi_fan

• 重ピンクがんばって!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Sayummy
« Reply #52 on: December 28, 2014, 04:19:57 PM »
and insights!

Heh heh, thanks for those soothing words, muppet... I think the tally here would be
enthusiasm:  maybe equal in different ways
insights:  shirenu '14.986 = bucketloads  sayumi_fan = mainly hot air with an occasional pearl perhaps    :lol:

But thank you!

And now as a gift to the community:  a larger version of the excellent pic which muppet found, which confirms that the wonderful attributes which characterised S/mileage will be continued unbroken in アンジュルム

Breathtaking!

Offline scorn

• オナニー
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #53 on: December 29, 2014, 11:20:00 AM »
Be they S/mileage or Anjrumu, whatever the case is, I'd withhold opinion until I've heard new AngerMileage with the 3 new members' 1.) Suki Chan & 2.) Uchoten Love
These 2 songs are SACRED (My fav S/mileage was before Sakichy graduated :nervous)

If the new team ruined both of them to the point that even Meimi can't save or salvage, my fury will surpass even sayumi_fan's  XD
Beautifulest women of all time 1.)Kim Sohee 2.)Minatozaki Sana 3.)Myoui Mina 4.)Fukumura Mizuki 5.)Uemura Akari 6.)Yabuki Nako 7.)Oguri Yui 8.)Nashiko Momotsuki 9.)Na-yeon 10.)Ikuta Eripon

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #54 on: December 29, 2014, 01:01:20 PM »
and insights!

Heh heh, thanks for those soothing words, muppet... I think the tally here would be
enthusiasm:  maybe equal in different ways
insights:  shirenu '14.986 = bucketloads  sayumi_fan = mainly hot air with an occasional pearl perhaps    :lol:

But thank you!

And now as a gift to the community:  a larger version of the excellent pic which muppet found, which confirms that the wonderful attributes which characterised S/mileage will be continued unbroken in アンジュルム

Breathtaking!

i just want to say that even though she's got a lot more posts than you, that doesn't make her opinion worth more than yours nor does it make your opinion worth less - we're all entitled to our own opinions. we're not obligated to like every single thing from this group or from h!p just because we're 'fans' or whatever. and we're certainly able to voice our opinion when we DON'T like something (well at least we SHOULD be able to).

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #55 on: December 29, 2014, 04:15:25 PM »
^ Hey now I'd just like to point out that out of all the complaints in the thread I only started having a problem when the "g" word was brought into picture. :lol:

(graduation)

Other than that, fully agree with the post count point 8)

Offline muppet

• Member+
« Reply #56 on: December 30, 2014, 01:37:44 AM »
Kana not fussed...
Not so sure about Meimi

And for all of you youngsters,
Thank you for letting us be ourselves!

SLY and THE FAMILY STONE Everyday P
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 01:59:45 AM by muppet »

Offline sayumi_fan

• 重ピンクがんばって!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Sayummy
« Reply #57 on: December 30, 2014, 01:52:30 AM »
If the new team ruined both of them to the point that even Meimi can't save or salvage, my fury will surpass even sayumi_fan's  XD
Heh heh, scorn, Meimi-chan is a goddess.  She can do any kind of miracles.  So I am full of hope that she will save any situation with the new group. For some reason, my own fave lineup of S/mileage was always the 6-nin one which just ended, though I did not dislike the two members who graduated, and their first album was IMHO more entertaining than their second done with 6-nin members.  But I live hopeful for the new unit of lacrimous angels, and honestly...  that photo muppet and I posted reveals their truly divine nature.  It is the most stunning pic of any girl group in recent memory, for me, and eases my suffering over their name to a huge degree.  Welcome, Anjirumu  :)

...we're all entitled to our own opinions. we're not obligated to like every single thing from this group or from h!p just because we're 'fans' or whatever. and we're certainly able to voice our opinion when we DON'T like something (well at least we SHOULD be able to).
Thanks for your words, john_hung  ...  voicing my opinion has never been a problem, just learning to do it nicely is something I am still working on  :P  Honestly, what I have appreciated over the years about this forum (and I have been involved in other forums on totally different subjects too) is how overall people here care for one another and encourage one another, and harsh words rarely last long.  Truly, even though there are times when I have long gaps away because of life's pressures, if this forum ever disappeared I would feel as if my heart had been ripped out.

And similarly, although I have been a little seduced at times by other groups, H!P gives so much brightness to my life...  right now I am looking forward to loving the expanded Momusu, the old C-ute and the renamed *grits teeth* ANGERME into 2015 and hopefully way beyond.

^ Hey now I'd just like to point out that out of all the complaints in the thread I only started having a problem when the "g" word was brought into picture. :lol:
...  and Shirenu '14.996   ...  I understand why you were upset by the g word, I hate any graduations really, and also those occasional disappearances without recognition such as Mikitty and others who just walked (or walked the plank when called upon).  So no, I don't call for Kananan's departure, and she does add a certain (IMHO) old-fashioned Japanese vibe to the group.

JPHiP members all, may I take this opportunity to appreciate all of you, and wish you a Happy New Year full of kawaii goodness and the excitement that comes from just knowing that H!P exists.  I am going through a pretty tough time in the outside world right now (some light at the end of the tunnel thankfully) but coming here or getting out one of my trusty H!P blu-rays always makes things seem heaps better!

Offline Ruka Kikuchi

• Member+
    • rukakikuchi
    • rukakikuchi
« Reply #58 on: December 30, 2014, 02:50:27 AM »
Heh heh, scorn, Meimi-chan is a goddess.  She can do any kind of miracles.  So I am full of hope that she will save any situation with the new group.

:mon angel: :mon angel: :mon angel:

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: SKE48 - CAP NO NAKA NO KOMOREBI