JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: The Band Apart - Fuel

Author Topic: [News] Tsubaki Factory is a new H!P unit  (Read 4246 times)

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
[News] Tsubaki Factory is a new H!P unit
« on: April 29, 2015, 05:51:24 PM »
I know what you're thinking - ANOTHER ONE?!?!

Official site: http://www.helloproject.com/special/tsubakifactory/
Barks news: http://www.barks.jp/news/?id=1000115165

Members:
小片リサ、新沼希空、谷本安美、浅倉樹々  山岸理子、岸本ゆめの

Risa Ogata, Kisora Niinuma, Ami Tanimoto, Kiki Asakura, Riko Yamagishi, Yumeno Kishimoto
(Lisa? It's written in katakana)

They are going to be mentored by Cap'n Saki Shimizu is what I heard on twitter? Or lead? I don't know. I'm not good at starting threads :heart:

KISORA!!!!! XD

Hello! Station announcement at 8m 6s:
http://youtu.be/DghX_lIGTZg?t=8m6s
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 06:24:55 PM by shirenu '15 »
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Sacul097

• Member+
Re: [News] Tsubaki Factory is a new H!P unit
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2015, 06:05:55 PM »
Until they show me otherwise, I see no reason for this group to exist  :yawn:

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2015, 06:30:46 PM »
^ Oh excuse me, the reason is KISORA

:lol:

EDIT: I like this line-up better than Kobushi Factory... >_>
5/6 trainees I already had some interest in + I got tears in my eyes being happy for Riko :3

Offline Sacul097

• Member+
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2015, 06:47:17 PM »
I'm not saying the line up is bad, I'm just saying that H!P seems to be making new groups just because they can. Introducing a new unit on the heels of so many other debuts (one of which has pretty much the same name), is just doing a disservice to these girls. Even C-ute and Berryz didn't debut so close together. And having the names be so similar could easily dilute their brand image.

Offline CrypticShadow8

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2015, 08:56:49 PM »
I feel like all of that is on purpose. Release 2 groups that are almost identicle at the same time and be like "ok now prove you're superior to the other or you can easily be replaced and forgotten" that way they get the girls to work way harder than they would have otherwise. Do I think that's really fair to the other group or really nice? Not really but it is a business so I get it. Plus I bet it can turn out to be a lot of fun.

I also think that they wanted Kobushi Factory to have a rival group but they realized that Country Girls wasn't really a fair rival seeing as how they had the whole Momo thing going for them so they made a group that would be their equals.

Offline scorn

• オナニー
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2015, 09:52:13 PM »
Maybe it's to justify to Up-front's shareholders why Kenshuusei being on payroll?
Beautifulest women of all time 1.)Kim Sohee 2.)Minatozaki Sana 3.)Myoui Mina 4.)Fukumura Mizuki 5.)Uemura Akari 6.)Yabuki Nako 7.)Oguri Yui 8.)Nashiko Momotsuki 9.)Na-yeon 10.)Ikuta Eripon

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2015, 10:47:47 PM »
My theory (partly) is that they worry about some talent leaving; I was always certain that Nanami Tanabe would debut, for instance, but then time went on and on and she never did, and then she left - not long before all these new chances popped up... It's possible that she simply decided she wasn't interested anymore, but I wonder if the agency also realized they can't just let trainees wait year after year if they want to bank on them... I don't know if Tsubaki Factory has any such 'high value' members that this group needed to debut NOW, but I thought Kobushi Factory was strongly for Hamachan who has also auditioned about a billion times and never made it until now... Murotan almost gave up until she heard of BK going on hiatus and thought there might be a chance in the near future (and now she's in ANGERME). The agency isn't telling the girls "oh there might be a chance coming up in 6 months" so it must be stressful for the trainees,  but also risky for the agency to keep them in the dark, like "oh we are totally going to have her debut, but not quite yet". But she can't know this, she has to live in uncertainty, and sometimes it just takes too long.

I also wonder if with the Factory thing they are testing out a new sister group system that they've previously had with Morning Musume, Country Musume and Coconuts Musume. Except with a much more even starting ground because there's no way Momusu's sister groups ever could have lived up to them lol.

I admit that even if I'm excited for the girls and freaked out a little when I heard Kisora (and Yumeno) are debuting, I'm a bit underwhelmed by this announcement because there have been so many new additions and groups in such a short span of time. We've already got the feeling before that UF* is really going full steam ahead right now and yet another group reinforces that image, but it's almost like idol inflation. I actually hope they stop here for a while lol.

With that being said I will eat up any and all new stuff about this group because I love n00bs and I really like the line-up.

But damn there are so many newbies to get to know! :lol: I keep wondering which members to put on my sig because my favs keep changing. I mean it's an unimportant problem, but it speaks of a confusing time in the fandom. Haha.

Offline scorn

• オナニー
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2015, 11:33:54 PM »
...wait...this Factory is having Kishimoto Yumeno?

Anyone remember Morning Musu's 11th gen audition? The one that added Sakura? I found it strange then that only Oda was added..because back in 2012, Yumeno was singing as good as Sakura did

And now this group is getting their own Oda-equivalent?  :twothumbs, Hello! Project,  :twothumbs.
Beautifulest women of all time 1.)Kim Sohee 2.)Minatozaki Sana 3.)Myoui Mina 4.)Fukumura Mizuki 5.)Uemura Akari 6.)Yabuki Nako 7.)Oguri Yui 8.)Nashiko Momotsuki 9.)Na-yeon 10.)Ikuta Eripon

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2015, 12:32:47 AM »
Introducing ‘Tsubaki Factory’, a new Hello! Project unit
April 29, 2015

A new Hello! Project, named Tsubaki Factory (つばきファクトリー) has been unveiled.

The unit is composed of Yamagishi Riko, Tanimoto Ami, Ogata Risa, Niinuma Kisora, Kishimoto Yumeno & Asakura Kiki. The members were selected by former Berryz Kobo captain Shimizu Saki.

Source: Oricon
- https://hellonewsservice.wordpress.com/2015/04/29/introducing-tsubaki-factory-a-new-hello-project-unit/
- http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2052260/

From H!O's Twitter:
Tsubaki Factory special website is up
- http://www.helloproject.com/special/tsubakifactory/
- https://twitter.com/hello_online/status/593404531540627456
- http://www.helloproject.com/special/tsubakifactory/

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline Sacul097

• Member+
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2015, 04:09:11 AM »
Maybe it's to justify to Up-front's shareholders why Kenshuusei being on payroll?

But I thought that the Kenshuusei had to pay for their training, not the other way around.

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2015, 05:01:15 AM »
Haven't really processed this yet. Still too tired to watch the vid.   :yawn:

Yay! Kishimoto Yumeno and Asakura Kiki!  :twothumbs

Offline DJ Maimai

• So jokes.
  • Member+
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2015, 03:41:19 PM »
I know it has a culturally significant meaning, but all I can think when I hear "Tsubaki Factory" is a factory that makes that shampoo...

"Remember, the enemy's gate is down."

Offline Sacul097

• Member+
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2015, 04:46:43 PM »
For me it kinda boils down to,

Saki: "You are the successors of Berryz Kobo..."

Kobushi Factory: "This is such an honor!"

Saki: "And so are all these other girls"

Kobushi Factory: "...oh"

Saki: "And Country Girls have Momoko so I guess they're our successors too..."

Kobushi Factory: *crying in corner*

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2015, 01:50:15 AM »
Hello! Project creates new unit 'Tsubaki Factory'
April 30, 2015

Hello! Project has established a new unit called 'Tsubaki Factory'.

Tsubaki Factory is comprised of 6 members: Yamagishi Riko (16), Okada Risa (16), Kishimoto Yumeno (15), Niinuma Kisora (15), Tanimoto Ami (15), and Asakura Kiki (14). The group was named 'Tsubaki Factory' with hopes that they would become like the Japanese native flower 'tsubaki' ('camellia'), retaining their evergreen freshness and strength while being praised for their righteousness and dignified beauty.

Like 'Kobushi Factory', which was established in January, Shimizu Saki (23), who is the "Hello! Project Adviser" since Berryz Kobo's hiatus, was also involved in the selection of members and naming of this new unit.

Tsubaki Factory will hold their first performance on May 4 at 'Hello Pro Kenshuusei Happyoukai 2015 ~Haru no Koukai Jitsuryoku Shindan Test~' at Nakano Sun Plaza Hall. Afterwards they will make appearances in 'Hello! Project New Fes!2015' and 'Hello Pro Kenshuusei Happyoukai 2015 ~June 2015 no Nama Tamago Show!~'. In addition, they will serve as the opening acts to Angerme's show on May 26 and Morning Musume.'15's on May 27.

Source: natalie
- http://www.tokyohive.com/article/2015/04/hello-project-creates-new-unit-tsubaki-factory
- http://natalie.mu/music/news/145838

Hello! Project Builds Another Factory! Tsubaki Factory!
Apr.30.2015

During the April 29th episode of Hello Pro Station, Hello! Project announced the formation of a new unit named Tsubaki Factory. The members are Kiki Asakura, Yumeno Kishimoto, Kisora Niinuma, Risa Ogata, Ami Tanimoto, and Riko Yamagishi.

The name of the group was selected by former Berryz Kobo captain and current Hello! Project advisor Saki Shimizu. As with Kobushi Factory, Shimizu seemed to be aiming for this new group to keep the spirit of Berryz Kobo alive for future generations. The choice of “tsubaki” originated from the flower (camellia Japonica) which is strongly tied to Japan and is an evergreen plant, so it is hoped that Tsubaki Factory will be just as resilient to any metaphorical “cold weather” they may experience. In flower language, the tsubaki represents “pride”, “modest kindness”, and “supreme loveliness”. While it may seem like Shimizu is repeating what she did for Kobushi Factory, don’t forget that Hello! Project has had several groups in the past that had similar names: Morning Musume, Country Musume, Coconuts Musume, Ice Creamusume or Mini Moni, Pucchi Moni, Eco Moni.
- http://tokyogirlsupdate.com/hello-project-tsubaki-factory-20150443808.html

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: The Band Apart - Fuel