JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Yuey - Semi no Oto

Author Topic: Book of Transcendence ~ Book V: (COMPLETE)  (Read 34722 times)

Offline Sherin

• 4Ever Jurina's Oshi
  • Member+
Re: Book of Transcendence ~ Book IV & V: POLL VOTING!! [Close: Oct 15]
« Reply #60 on: October 10, 2013, 10:32:33 PM »
Lol that poll is hard desision, isn't it?

You want to read all the chapters ASAP but at the same time, you know how rushing would ruin the story. XD

Everyday Juriken

Offline Terragen

• If you love me Why'd you let me go?
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • You might be a big fish In a little pond
« Reply #61 on: October 29, 2013, 12:52:42 PM »
great story should be update

luv luv

Lovers, keep on the road you're on
Runners, until the race is run
Soldiers, you've got to soldier on
Sometimes even right is wrong
[/color]

Offline imteedee

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #62 on: October 29, 2013, 04:00:42 PM »
LOL I feel like bugging you again! I expect an update when I get back OHO~! oh no pressure  :twisted:

KEKEKEKEKE HAHAHAHAHA! < most sensible comment I made for today  :heart: :heart: :heart:

GIMME MY TATAMI! hahaha byeee~ Imma fly now  :kickass:
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 07:20:26 AM by imteedee »
my hat is off. saluting.

Offline imteedee

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #63 on: November 22, 2013, 06:22:04 PM »
WHERE ARE YOU?  :cry: I MISS THIS! UPDATE
my hat is off. saluting.

Offline imteedee

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #64 on: November 30, 2013, 03:37:33 PM »
I'm still here and bored. SAVE ME.  :( I don't care, I wanna spam in this thread.....

:catglare:
my hat is off. saluting.

Offline katekyohit

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • My heart beats for Yukirin <3
Re: Book of Transcendence ~ Book IV [Update ~ 21/12/13]
« Reply #65 on: December 21, 2013, 02:59:44 PM »
Sorry guys for a very late update! I've been busy with final exams during the time I put the vote (I completely forgot about that). Therefore it leads to huge delays like this...  :bow: Also! I had to revise the whole thing again and with MANY things to Sherin-san for help editing this chapter! I hope it turns out to be good enough as everyone waited!! Book 5 wouldn't take that long!  :deco: I promise! Well then...I hope you all have fun reading this chapter and thank you for your patience!!  :jphip:

POSTER CREDITS: To Sherin-san!  :bow:

Book IV: [The Inheritor of Resolution]

On one of my simple ordinary days…I met with this person. She’s such a beautiful woman with a very black silky hair and…glimmering violet eyes. Her appearance totally captivated my mind, how weird that I felt nostalgic seeing her. However, her eyes are so lonely…eventhough she’s smiling I could still feel the loneliness from those eyes. I’m so attracted to her; I wonder why…why am I so fond of Jurina?

~XXX~

“Rena, what’s the matter?”

Jurina called my name and I snapped out from my daydream. I turned to her and she was looking at me with eyes clouded with curiosity. Her brown eyes were staring at me, and I didn’t know why every time she was looking at me… my mind just wanted to go crazy.

“N-Nothing!”

“Okay…if you insist? You seemed to be tired these days, take care of yourself.”

“I will! Don’t worry, I’m tough!”

“Hai hai, if you say so.”

Jurina shrugged her shoulders with a vague smile across her face. It had been 3 months ever since I met her at the river. The first time I invited her to my apartment was the time I realized that she actually didn’t had a place to stay. Jurina told me she had been wandering aimlessly each day, and whenever she’s sleepy, she would just sleep on the trees or in some dark alley of the city. That’s when I insisted her to live with me instead… eventhough she said she’s fine as she had been doing it for over 100 years…despite she’s a non-human, I couldn’t help but to care and worry about her. In the end, she couldn’t beat my persistence and she’s been living in the same apartment as me ever since. Jurina learned a lot of things about me, just as much as I learned a lot of things about her too… I learned that she was a royal blood witch and became immortal after defeating a monster. I also knew that Jurina had lost her lover and her sister during the war between humans and non-humans in the past. It sounded like a fiction, but unfortunately it’s not.   

“Are you hungry? I’m planning to cook something.”

I got up to the kitchen to start cooking. Jurina just simply nodded and followed me. As usual, she was here to help me with cooking.

“What are you making today?”

“How about…ramen? I feel like eating it today. Are you okay with it?”

“All the food you cooked always taste good. Please me as usual, Rena.”

Jurina smiled to me and patted my head. That instance, I felt my face flushed badly. My heart started to pound faster whenever she touched me. But even after the contact is no longer there, her presence close by still caused my heart to race. Her gestures and voice…it made my heart feel warm. Sigh, why am I having these feelings? Why am I having this butterfly feeling whenever Jurina smiles to me…this is bad. This is bad.

-

I went to work at an orphanage I grew up on days I had no class at my university. People often misunderstood that I’m a high school student, but I’m actually studying in Tokyo University! How did I manage to support my finance despite being an orphan? I applied for the scholarship and got it! However, I still need to work to find enough money for my daily usage. I don’t have parents that would be financially supporting me. I was surprised at how Jurina managed to get a lot of money in her pocket despite she’s not working at all… she told me that she has a human friend supporting her, but I didn’t know anything more than that. Sometimes I felt so bad that she would buy me expensive textbooks for my courses as well as paying for the electricity and water bills. Even though she told me not to hold back with her…I still feel bad…at the same time, I kinda know why she’s doing this.

“Huh…”

“Rena-chan, what’s with that sigh?”

It was Churi that snapped me back to reality. I turned to her with slight hint of embarrassment. She knew about Jurina as well, but I don’t want her to know that I’ve been thinking about her for almost half of the day.

“E-Eh, it’s nothing?”

“Ho ho ho…is it about Jurina-san again?”

“A-Ah—Uh-N-Noo!”

“Oh I see, you’re so easy to read, Rena-chan~”

Churi chuckled as she stared at me with a sly smile. I have a bad feeling about this. After we had our break from babysitting the kids, she approached me with such curiosity burning in her eyes.

“So~ Is Jurina-san coming to pick you up today?”

“A-Ah…yes?”

“Aw~ So sweet! Why don’t you two marry already??”

“M-Marry!? Churi!!”

I blushed instantly and jumped out from my seat. I could see my colleague laughing crazily at me. This is just so embarrassing that she could see through me so easily. After she had her laugh, she turned to me with a little calmer expression.

“Rena-chan, do you like Jurina-san?”

“A-Ah…”

“Hm?”

I looked away and my cheeks were flushing. I couldn’t deny what Churi was asking me. Maybe I have been denying this feeling for so long despite me knowing that I’ve fallen for the bewitching witch. I simply nodded softly as my reply to her. 

“N-Nnn…”

“Ah, that’s more like it. It would’ve been rather annoying if you’re denying it.”

“Mou…Churi.”

“Hehe, sorry~ But don’t worry about it. I believe Jurina-san have feelings for you too. I can tell it!”

“N-No way Jurina-san has---”

I froze before I could finish my words. It was too late. My words caught Churi’s attention and I felt so guilty that I almost spill Jurina’s personal story out. Yes, I knew about Yuki-san. I heard a lot of stories from Jurina during the past 3 months that we’ve been living together. As I said, I knew about her as much as she knew about me. I knew deeply well that Yuki-san was the only person that Jurina loved, and it seemed that I’m Yuki-san’s reincarnation. That is why Jurina continues to stay by my side and is being nice to me. I knew I’m receiving such kindness just because I’m her past lover reincarnation.

“S-She had a lover.”

“Had?”

“…She’s no longer alive.”

“Damn, that’s really something! It sounds like a drama…”

“That’s why, there’s no way Jurina will even has feeling for me. She might even see me as a mere substitute for her long lost lover.”

I argued back at her. I hated it when I got so irritated like this. It’s not Churi’s fault that she didn’t know about this, and I’m not supposed to throw my anger and dissatisfaction like this onto her. To think that I’m just Yuki-san’s substitute just pained me. I wondered what’s Jurina’s feeling for me…what am I to her? I don’t want to be Yuki-san’s substitute. I don’t want that! I hate it!

“Rena? Rena, are you here?”

A familiar voice called from outside. I recognize this voice immediately, including Churi. She turned to me as we both realized the voice was really close to the window of the staff room. Churi was the one that went to open the window to see who it was, and as we expected…it was Jurina.

“Oh, good afternoon Jurina-san! Aren’t you early today?”

“Ah, yeah, I wanted to see Rena.”

“She’s in here.”

Churi turned to me and I nodded weakly. I walked towards the window and I made an eye contact with those beautiful brunette orbs. Even though they weren’t the bewitching violet eyes, they were still the same eyes that I fell in love with.

“Jurina, what are you doing here? It’s not even the time for my shift to end yet…”

“I know, but aren’t you lonely?”

“…!”

I froze immediately as I remembered what I’ve just forgotten. Jurina once told me she could sense my feelings, and wherever I would be she would always come to see me when I feel lonely… sometimes, it’s scary that she could do such supernatural things like that. I wondered if she could feel the uneasiness I had in my chest when she’s close by to me. Could she sense that I’m in love with her?

“I’m okay now… I’ll meet you in few hours.”

“Alright, I’ll stick around here. Tell me whenever you’re ready to leave.”

Jurina walked away with that gentle smile across her face. I wished that Jurina wasn’t such a bully like this at times. She could be so dense and yet so sharp.

“Rena-chan! We need your help…it’s about THAT kid.”

“Ah…again?” Churi sighed softly and I realized that I had to go do my job now.

I walked after other colleagues of mine and then I spotted this child in the middle of the playground sitting and playing alone. No kids dared go near her, just as the other staff here. Anyone that approached her would be cursed. She had no name when she was abandoned at this orphanage, and there was no single clue of where she came from. She was called ‘YOU’ and ‘THAT’ all the time. I wondered why no one bother to give her a name. Despite many staff don’t want her to be here but this is an orphanage and they’re not supposed to abandon an orphan.  I don’t even think something like curse exist in this world. If it did, then I would be affected when I’m around her already. I wanted to show everyone that she’s just a normal kid like everyone else, but she just has a very unfortunate luck with her. I know Witches exist, but I personally don’t believe in curses. It’s just an excuse for people to use to escape reality.

I’m an orphan just like this poor girl in front of me. I don’t want her to give up and I want to give her hope…she’s still a 4 years old child and she does not deserve any of this. I approached her and tapped her shoulder.

“Rena-san…?”

“Yup, it’s me. Aren’t you sleepy?”

“I am…but if I go in, everyone will be cursed.”

“No you’re not. If you are, then I would be affected already!”

“Rena-san…”

“Well then! Let’s play~ shall we go to play at the swings again?”

I smiled back at her and it made that sadness on her face disappeared slightly. I held her hand and took her towards the swing. This girl… I want to do everything I can in order to proof that she’s no different from anyone. I will make sure I would be by her side and help her until the very end.

-

I stayed with her until my shift was over. I headed out towards the exit gate and met with Jurina who was waiting for me. She was standing with her back leaning against the wall and it made me remember that she had been waiting for me since a few hours ago. She could’ve return home first and come pick me up later… she had been standing there for more than 2 hours! I don’t understand why she had to do this much for someone like me… does Jurina love Yuki-san this much?

“I’m sorry to make you wait…”

“Don’t worry, let’s go home?”

Jurina gave out her hand towards me and I flinched slightly. She’s so kind to me and I couldn’t resist it… I took her hand and she clutched mine gently. That generous smile of her again…it’s like a curse to me. That would be the only curse that could stir my heart so wildly like this. It’s the only curse that could affect me. However, despite my heart feel like screaming out of contentment I couldn’t forget the fact that I’m simply her deceased lover’s reincarnation.

“Rena.”

“Y-Yes?”

“…Nothing.”

It made me curious what Jurina was trying to say, but she stopped before she could’ve said anything. I wanted to ask her what she wanted to say but… Jurina’s silence scared me sometimes. I didn’t ask her in the end until we reached back to our apartment.

-

As soon as we arrived back, Jurina told me to go take a shower first while she would cook something for me tonight. I just did what she said silently and took a long warm shower. I felt so peaceful and calm. After I’m done washing my hair, I went out to the dining table and saw a huge bowl of fried rice in the middle of the table.

“That’s the only thing I know how to make. I hope it tastes good.”

She spoke to me as she took out a bottle of cold milk in the fridge. I took a seat at the table and I remembered that fried rice was the only dish I taught Jurina to cook so far since I’ve known her. She passed me the cold bottle and I took it with a smile.

“Thank you Jurina.”

“Not at all. Eat it while it’s still hot.”

“Okay!”

We both enjoyed the dinner together and it tasted so good! I can’t believe that Jurina remembered how to cook after I taught her only once. She must be very talented in cooking. I kept eating non-stop until I was completely filled up. I sighed in content and laid back against the chair.

“Neh…Rena.”

“…You have something to ask me, do you?”

I asked her back this time and it made her froze. She nodded silently and I was glad the conversation was going in a direction I was hoping for.

“I sensed the stench of… misfortune on your clothes more than usual. What did you do today?”

I was confused by her question. Normally Jurina wouldn’t ask me something like this and I’m not sure if this is what I’m thinking that she’s asking. I shook my head but she didn’t believe me. The witch kept her eye contact with me and I could feel the tension in this room increasing. My instinct was telling me to answer Jurina honestly, if not… an unpleasant consequence will await for me.

“I was with this kid…”

“This kid?”

“She’s one of the orphanage kid that’s under my care since I’m the only one that’s willing to be with her…”

“…”

“J-Jurina?”

“You should stay away from her. You’ll die.”

“H-Huh!?”

“Rena, I told you all the time curses do exist in this world.” Jurina continued as she explained to me about the consequences if I’m still persisted to take care of this orphan girl. She told me that I’m just lucky for not being affected by the curse. If it was an ordinary person, they would be long dead by now. However, sooner or later…it would affect and those around me. 

“You have to stay away from her! Do you understand?”

“I don’t believe curse exists! I don’t! You know I don’t!”

“But you have to! Or else you’ll die!!”

“Then I’ll challenge my destiny then---”

~SLAP~

I froze instantly. It was the first time I was slapped, and also by Jurina nonetheless. She’s always so calm and collected and yet… 

When I turned to look into her eyes, it was the first time I saw regret and hint of distress. She retracted her hands away quickly and avoided eye contact with me. That was the first time she actually lost control of her actions…I never could’ve expect this to happen at the slightest. She bit her lips silently before she turned to give me a stern look once again. That serious aura from her engulfed the whole room and the chill ran down my spine.

“…I forbid you to meet with that child.”

“J-Juri--”

“Do not let me repeat what I said again, Rena.”

Jurina grabbed my wrist to pull me closer towards her even though the table was in between us. She stared right into my eyes and I was completely mesmerized by it. I could see her eyes changed color into violet…and I felt as if my mind was gradually being hypnotized. That’s when I realized that Jurina was using her powers on me in order to make me obey her docilely. I pulled my hand back and closed my eyes instantly.

“Stop it!! You know I hate it when you try to force magic on me like this!”

“…Then do as I say, or else you would not leave me a choice.”

“I can’t always do as you asked me!”

“But this is for your and your friends’ sake. Are you alright with them being cursed instead?”

“Curses don’t exist!”

“If curses don’t exist then witches and other non-humans like me should only just be a mere fantasy as well!”

It was the first time I saw so much anger in Jurina’s eyes. It was the first time I saw her raised up her voice so harsh like this. I couldn’t read anything through those violet eyes. But for some reason, I sensed anxious and pain from those eyes. So far since I’ve known her, I never saw that kind of emotion from her before. It pained me to see her doing so much for me just because I’m ‘Kashiwagi Yuki’ to her and not as ‘Matsui Rena’.

“…Let’s stop talking about this.”

I got up from my seat and wanted to run away from the scene as possible. However, before I could move away, she grabbed my arm harshly and pinned me up against the wall. Despite being in such an awkward situation, my heart was beating so wildly. Her face was so close and I could smell the sweet rose scent from her hair. It’s driving my mind crazy.

“Rena, don’t run away in the middle of our conversation. I’m serious…”

“I-I’m serious too!! You don’t have the right to control me!”

“When it comes to a decision that will threaten your life, I will not tolerate it.”

Her face was now just a few inches in front of me and I could feel my cheeks burning up despite my anger as well. I bit my lips and continued to argue against her. I’m not going to back down even though she’s a witch, even though I love her.

“Then tell me, why do you care so much about my life!?”

“…”

She couldn’t answer my question. I knew it. She only cared for me because I’m Yuki-san’s reincarnation. I’m Jurina’s lover’s reincarnation. That’s why she cared so much about my safety. The more I thought about  the more pain accumulated inside my chest. I shoved her away from me. 

“I knew it.”

“Rena--!”

“This is my life! I’m not Yuki-san…! I’m NOT her!! Just leave me alone!!”

“R-Rena…you…”

That’s when I realized the tears streaming down my cheeks. All the sadness and pain inside of me burst out. At that moment, I ran out from the apartment without a second thought. I couldn’t hear what Jurina was trying to tell me. I don’t care, I just want to get away from her as far as possible. I don’t want to hear anything because I know the answer. Jurina only loves Yuki-san, I’m nothing but a substitute for her deceased lover. I want her to see me as Rena…as me. But no matter what, Jurina wouldn’t see ‘me’ and feel the same way I have towards her. I finally came to stop at the park close by. I cried so much. I felt guilty that I ran away from Jurina. But the truth…it’s just too painful…

-

By the time I returned back, Jurina was no longer there. There was no trace of her. I did tell her to leave me alone, and she did… that might be the best for both of us. Sometimes I can’t understand why she’s being such a stubborn person like this. I sighed and threw myself onto the couch. Why can’t Jurina understand my feelings? I knew that Yuki meant a lot to her…but Jurina meant a lot to me too. I wanted to tell her that Yuki-san’s no longer alive. I wanted her to see me, I’m still alive here and now…

~XXX~

My life returned back to how it used to be before I met Jurina. A simple cliché life each day, and all I did was hoping for each day to pass by quickly. I still have to take care of the orphan girl due to my job. However… few days later Churi had to take a day off for a week due to her having a terrible fever. Jurina’s words began to resound in my head about the consequences regarding my wish to still remain by the poor girl’s side.

“Rena-san…”

“What is it?”

“…That’s enough. You gave me more than what I needed already.”

“E-Eh?”

“I know, that I’m the cause for Akane-san’s sickness. It’s all because of me…”

I don’t know how she managed to know that. A part of me believed that it was due to the curse, but another kept denying that supernatural fact.

“No it’s not your fault!! Things like curses don't exi--”

“It’s my fault! The voice told me it’s my fault Akane-san is sick! N-No…S-Stop it!”

It sounded as if she was not talking to me. She was clutching her head tightly and suddenly I felt the chill running down my spine. She suddenly sprinted out from the orphanage ground and into the streets. I ran after her immediately and hoped that no accidents would happen to her.

“W-Wait!!”

-

I kept running after her and then she stopped in the middle the road. She turned around to face me and I could see pain and tears in her eyes. They was just so sad, yet I could see innocence and purity in those orbs as well. And for some reason I felt so familiar with it. I don’t understand why I felt like I saw those eyes somewhere before. Somehow, she reminded me of Jurina in a way…

“I…I don’t want to live anymore…!”

“What are you saying?! You have to live! You can’t just give up like this!?”

“W-Why? What’s even the purpose for me to live!?”

“Because you’re still alive! That’s why…you shouldn’t give up because of hardships in your life!”

“The curse is a totally different story…I’m a ‘nameless’ child after all…”

She muttered silently but before any of our conversation can carry on, I saw a car rushing towards her direction from behind. I launched and threw my arms around her tightly. I shut my eyes and was ready to embrace the pain from the impact. But nothing came, instead I felt a warm embrace holding me tightly. I remembered this rose scent very well…and when I looked up I saw those beautiful violet eyes. She was holding onto the orphan and me tightly as she used her body as our shield---

~CRASH!~

That was when the car hit us and sent us flying across the road. Jurina collapsed onto the floor and grumbling in pain… if she were to be a human she would be instantly dead already due to spine fracture. However, she slowly sat up while her body was healing itself from the damage. She might be an immortal, but she could still feel pain like we humans do.

“Why are you such a selfless person…!?”

She was glaring right into my eyes. I could see worries and anger mixed together. Jurina was truly mad with my act and for not listening to her warning in the first place.  People around us were starting to approach us to help Jurina but then I saw her eyes glowed luminously.  The sound of our surroundings disappeared. The people stopped moving. It’s only Jurina, the girl and me that were moving right now. The time of the world came to a stop. I immediately went to the little girl’s side.

“Rena! Let go of that kid!!”

She moved in an instant speed and separated us in a blink of an eye. It was even before I could respond and I fell on my back onto the ground. Before I could say a word I saw the immortal witch collapsed onto the ground and coughed blood out. I was shocked…I didn’t understand what was going on but all I know was that Jurina was injured. She was also bleeding at the side of her hip that was facing towards the orphan.

“I told you…c-curses exist…!”

She hissed while she turned towards the orphan girl that was lying on the ground as well. The child slowly stood up but her eyes were glowing red. My body froze instantly and I could feel fear engulfing my subconscious. It was telling me to run away as far as I could…but I was so scared to even move.

“Leviathan…how pitiful are you.”

Those red eyes stared at Jurina and then I could see black mist leaking out via her skin. It turned into blades and stabbed through Jurina’s shoulder. It made me gasp with shock and fear, but then the witch used brute force to shatter the mist with her grip.

“You can’t kill me…I’m immortal. It’s your powers after all that I absorbed.”

[How dare you harm me the mighty demon…I will bring pain that is far worse than death to you…for eternity!]

“T-That voice…!” I was so scared, that low scary voice was actually echoing in my head. It seemed Jurina heard it as well as she bit her lips to fight against the pain. I could see nothing but lifeless in the child’s eyes; I knew that wasn’t her who was talking. It’s as if she was not even…alive anymore.

“…I knew it. Even after you’re dead, you’re still following Mayu, huh?”

[No one shall interfere with my rage… NO ONE!]

“Too bad, I’ve been looking for you…for so long. I’ve been waiting for this day in order to destroy you.” The witch took out a luminous silver dagger. For some reason it made the red eye child glared at Jurina even more. It showed fear and fury when it saw the dagger. The only thing I could do was staring with awe…I didn’t know what was going on. I could only watch…

“It took me 500 years to create a blade that will slay you for good…It’s time for you to disappear forever, Leviathan.”

[Anyone who interfere…SHALL DIE!]

“…I’ll save you, Mayu, for sure this time.”

Jurina dashed in and slashed the incoming black mists. It all vanished into thin air and caused the possessed child to retract back. However, the wounds she was inflicted by Leviathan’s hatred couldn’t be healed by her immortality. She grumbled in pain as the demon intentionally struck at the same exact spot on her wounded side. Her speed and reflex dropped in a slight second and that was when the black mist gushed into Jurina’s mouth and into her body. I could see her struggling, and suddenly she stabbed herself with the dagger…right into her stomach.

“Jurina!!!”

I cried her name out without realizing it. The fear of seeing Jurina in pain and losing her was just too overwhelming for me. I could see her coughed the black fluid out from her lips and that’s when she pulled the dagger out. There was no wound on the stomach caused by the dagger…it was no ordinary dagger. I could feel the holiness from it.

[You…insolent witch!]

“…Now, do you remember me? The one that stole all your power.”

The possessed child enraged even more and then leaped towards the witch. However she had to dodge the incoming blade and it had scratched her. The black mist protected the host’s body and caused Jurina to retract away quickly. The demon within the child tried to heal itself from the burning cut it received.

“I’m not weak like before…don’t forget, I lived with your powers for over 500 years already.”

[How dare you underestimate me…you mere witch…you and your sister…I shall grant the endless torment to you all…!]

The host body leaped forward as the witch fought back. Jurina stabbed forward aiming at the child’s chest but then the child grabbed it before it would reach her with her bare hands. I could see blood flowing down from the girl’s hands and down onto the dagger. It was pure crimson color…it made Jurina pulled her weapon away. The enemy followed up with her and strangled her throat immediately.

“U-Ugh…!”

[You can kill me…but you have to kill this child as well.]

“…!”

[Kill me, and wait for another 500 years…when your sister’s soul will go through endless torment once again.]

“Shut up!!”

Jurina shoved the child away but she failed. She was pinned onto the floor and suffocated badly. I wanted to move and go in to save Jurina, but I couldn’t. I was too afraid of the demon that she was fighting with… the black mist surrounded Jurina’s body and it was seeping through her skin.

“U-Uaaaaahhhhh----!!!”

“Jurina…!!”

I tried to move my body but I failed. I was too scared. But I would be scared even more if she died on me like this. I tightened my fist until I could feel sting pain on both my palms. I wished that I could inflicted more pain to myself in order to make me stop trembling like a coward like this. I hate it when I’m being such a coward like this.

(…You’re not a coward…)

I flinched as I could hear the voice echoed in my head. It’s a voice of a woman… I never heard this voice before. I felt a soft nudge on my back. It’s pushing me forward and it calmed me down. My body stopped shaking and I finally regained my control back. 

(You can do it. I believe in you…)

I felt so utterly familiar with it. Finally I remembered it… it was the voice I constantly hear when I was a child. It’s the voice that always encouraged me to not lose hope and taught me living is a bless. But as I grew older, the voice disappeared… I always thought that it happened because I just felt very lonely. However, I was wrong… it was actually Yuki-san!

(I am me…you are you. We’re different…but we love the same person.)
(Only you can reach Jurina.)
(You can do it…Rena.)

I took a deep breath and launched forward towards Leviathan’s host. I bumped her away in order to save my beloved person. I supported her in my arms while she was coughing blood out. She wasn’t only suffocating from the strangling but as well as internally damaged.

“R-Run…you have to go away.”

“No, I won’t.”

“Why…don’t you hate me?”

“…No I don’t. I never could bring myself to hate you.”

I took the dagger from her hand and faced the poor girl who was being possessed by Leviathan. I held the weapon tightly in my palm. I need to be strong if I want to protect the person I love. I won’t lose to Yuki-san.

[You…ah…I see…the princess of Quercus…who would expect to meet you again?]

“I’m not Yuki-san! My name is Rena…and I will protect Jurina!”

[Courageous…or foolish are you?]

I wondered why I felt so calmed. I wasn’t afraid or trembling in fear anymore. All I could think was to protect my loved one. I tightened my clutch and pointed the dagger towards the orphan child.

[You will kill this child if you dare wound me…if you dare.]

“I won’t lose hope…I will save the child, and destroy you.”

Leviathan giggled at me and took her battle stance before it would come after me. I might die in this blink of second yet I’m not afraid at all…I took a deep breath. I could see the child leaping towards me and transformed the black mist into a long black lance.

“STOP IT!!!”

I heard Jurina’s cry and silver chains pierced up from the ground. It protected me from Leviathan’s attack and I could feel the cold touch on my shoulder. I turned over and saw her left eye glowing brightly in blood color. It was the same eye color as Leviathan. She gently took the dagger from my hand.

“Let me take care of this…trust me…I will save her.”

“Jurina…”

“Thanks for giving me hope again…”

It was the happiest smile I ever seen from her. It was utterly beautiful and filled with utmost happiness. She gently pushed me back in order to ensure my safety. She held the dagger once again and I couldn’t feel any slight hesitation from her at all.

[It’s futile…are you going to kill this child?]

“No, I will save her…and kill you.”

Jurina leaped in without hesitation and before Leviathan could even react…the dagger went through the child’s chest and caused her to stumble. I stared with shock as I could see blood oozing from the spot where the dagger pierced through her. Jurina pinned her down onto the floor and made sure the dagger would immobilized her completely. The host itself was suffering from the same wound as Leviathan, but it was a matter of time whether the child or the demon would perish first. The crimson color of the child’s eyes was flickering as it showed how Leviathan was losing its control over its host.

“It’s over…It’s finally over.”

[This child will die…and it will forever be my host.]

“I told you, I would…kill you.”

Jurina took out another knife and cut through the middle of her arm to her palm. She did the same thing to her other arm and it made me froze in shock. Even more, she swiftly slashed the child’s chest and caused both the demon and her to scream out in pain. I tried to run towards Jurina but then her chains tied me down immediately.

“Let me go Jurina! I told you I hate it when you use your magic on me!”

“…Heh, I thought you hate me ever since you told me to leave you alone.”

I flinched. She still remembered my words back on the day we had  fight. I remembered that I told her to leave me alone. There was a hint of sadness in her voice. Did Jurina really take my words seriously?  Why could she be so dense and stubborn like this?!

“No! I could’ve never hate you! I’ve always---!”

I couldn’t finish my sentence. I couldn’t. I wanted to convey my feelings to Jurina, but I don’t want it to become a burden to her. This feeling that I have for her. I bit my lips and continued on anyway.

“…You meant so much to me. During our times together, my feelings started to change and I---!”

“I must’ve hurt you…I’m sorry.”

Jurina replied back to me before I could finish my sentence. She coughed blood out again before she continued to speak. She turned to me once last time. Those beautiful violet eyes of hers…what is this feeling?. I felt like she was about to go somewhere…somewhere impossible for me to reach.

“But please do know this…I’ve never see you as Yuki, not even once…you’ve always been Rena to me.”

I couldn’t believe my own ears. It wasn’t as I believed at all. This whole time we’ve been together, she’s always see me as ‘Rena’. I felt even guiltier that I didn’t believe in Jurina. During our times together, it was real, she was with ‘me’. Tears streamed down my cheeks and I’m lost for words.

“This child, I’ll save her… so please stop crying, I hate it when you cry.”

“Jurina--!”

“…Even if it’s costing my own life, this child must live!”

She chanted some ancient spell and placed both her hands onto the X-wound of the child’s chest. Their blood mixed with each other and I could hear the child screamed even more. I didn’t know what was going on but…I hate this feeling I’m having right now. I knew something bad is happening to Jurina.

“Jurina!!”

[Sacrificing your life energy to save the child…!?]

“Yes…as well as to kill you.”

The black dust surrounded both of them and I couldn’t see what was happening inside. It was different from Leviathan’s black mist… The last thing I knew was that the heavy air had vanished. The dust dispersed and I watched as Jurina’s body slowly collapsed onto the floor lifelessly. The invisible wall that caged me disappeared and all of my surroundings moved once again as I realized that Jurina’s time magic has disappeared.

“Jurina!!!”

I ran towards her and shook her in my arms. The dagger on top of the child’s chest also disappeared as well as her wounds…but not Jurina’s. She remained lifeless as my body trembled with fear for losing her. I couldn’t feel her heart beating. Did she lie to me? She said she’s immortal and now she’s dead? Other people finally moved and called the ambulance for the two of them. I stayed closed to their side, especially to Jurina’s.

~XXX~

Both of them were hospitalized and I stayed by Jurina’s side since then. The doctor who is Jurina’s friend took care of her and the orphan child with special treatments. She convinced me that something similar to this happened before. Her heart stopped and her body was extremely cold…her body was still functioning properly but in a hibernation mode. She’s still alive, yet dead at the same time. However, no one knew when will she wake up again…her body remained cold…it made me so scared that she would never wake up again, that I would never hear her call my name again.

“Matsui-san…is there any change so far?”

The doctor came into the room and I nodded. He came in to tell me about the orphan girl’s condition and she’s recovering very well ever since she woke up a few days ago. However, what amazed me even more was that the staff around her were able to approach her. As if the curse around her had disappeared…or had it?

“She should be able to be dismissed from the hospital by tomorrow.”

“I see…thank you so much.”

“So…nothing had changed for two weeks…”

“It must be something unusual, am I right?”

“A little…there is still a few things I have to confirm, but it’s pointless if she doesn’t wake up.” The doctor sighed softly and went out from the room to give me the privacy I needed with Jurina.

I held her hand tightly and prayed for the day that Jurina would wake up. It was as if I was talking to myself…I constantly talked to her; every single day…telling her the feelings I never had the courage to tell her.

“I love you, Jurina, I love you. Please…Wake up…”

I broke into tears while holding her cold hand tightly. I prayed each and every day that Jurina would wake up with that gentle smile of her. I looked at her sleeping face once again and gently stroked her cheek. She looked like a sleeping beauty that wouldn’t wake up forever.

“I always thought you looked at me as Yuki-san…but I was wrong, you see me…as Rena. I’m so sorry that I didn’t trust you at all.”

Again, I was talking to myself while I wiped tears away from my eyes. I slowly bent in closer to Jurina’s face but I hesitated. I could feel my heart racing. I’m a coward. I never could bring myself to kiss her…even though she’s sleeping right in front of me.

“Jurina…I need you…I miss you…I love you…please call my name again…!”

“…Re…na.”

Was I dreaming? I heard a voice calling my name. As I looked up to the sleeping beauty once again, I could see her brunette eyes looking towards me with half-opened eyelids. She held my hand back and I could feel the warmth returning. Her body wasn’t cold anymore…it was really warm and I couldn’t hold back tears anymore.

“Ju…rina?”

“…Re…na...”

She smiled to me, I immediately launched into her arms and let out all my cry and tears. I could feel Jurina gently stroke my head and hugged me closely to her. However, I made sure I didn’t hug her too tight to hurt her since she was still recovering after all.

“T-This is real…right?”

“I’m certain that…I’m real. I’m surprised…I’m even alive.”

I could hear the door opened from behind and it was the doctor. He was surprised to see Jurina awake as well. He had the heart rate detector on Jurina in order know when would her heart beat returned…it was like Jurina was resurrected back to life once again. He even stated that it was like a miracle that she woke up because she was like a dead body for one whole week. Also, the doctor felt that this was the best time to tell the biggest fact he discovered regarding the eternal witch.

“Your body is no longer immortal, and not a non-human either.”

“W-What do you mean…?”

Jurina wasn’t sure she heard it properly and the doctor friend of hers had to explain it clearly once again. He told them that Jurina’s body was no longer the same as before since she used up all her power and life energy to save the child from Leviathan. It was a forbidden spell that would cost the caster’s life. One could call it a resurrection spell. Jurina was immortal when she used the forbidden spell. Maybe that’s why she was able to survive through that ordeal but as a result…she was no longer a non-human, no longer immortal. Her body’s function and lifespan…it was the mortality of humans.

“You’re…a human now.”

I couldn’t believe what I’ve just heard. I turned to look at Jurina and she was dumbfounded as well. She stared at her hand and tried to use magic but failed. It was true as the doctor said…she couldn’t use any magic anymore, right now, she’s a mere human.

“I’m…human…a mortal human?”

“You can say like that.” The doctor replied but still I couldn’t believe my ears at all.

“H-How’s the child?”

“…Leviathan was gone for good. She’s alive and good as new. You truly gave her a new life, Jurina-sama.”

“I see…thank goodness.”

I turned back to her and I could see tears running down Jurina’s eyes. At first, I thought she was so sad about being a human but then I saw a smile across her face. The doctor seemed to understand the feelings behind those tears and left the room. It was the first time I saw Jurina’s tears like this. It was the first time I saw her raw emotions like this. But as I saw her crying silently… I couldn’t hold back mine as well.

“Rena…why are you crying?”

“That’s what I wanted to ask. Why are you crying?”

“Well…I guess I’m really happy that I could finally die, as a mortal.”

I just listened to her words and I finally understood her loneliness. She had been living as an immortal for so long that she wished to die. I never realized that at all. Slowly, I got up from my chair and embraced her gently. Usually her body would be cold, but today…it was just so warm, like a human body.

“Let’s live together…I’ll be by your side until the very end of your life.”

“Rena?”

“You can’t rely on others for money all the time! If you want to have a good life then you have to work hard for it. We’ll do it together.”

“T-Together…you mean…”

“You don’t deserve to be alone anymore. It’s my turn to make a promise with you… ”

Jurina remained in silence after she listened to my proposal. She held my hands and stared into my eyes silently. I could feel her warm fingers that wiped the tears from my eye. It was a short silence between the both of us as I was dominated by Jurina’s calmness.

“I always hear your voice…calling me in the darkness.”

“Eh?”

“Your voice guided me out from the endless darkness… I always hear your voice that kept calling out for me. Your voice…gave me the hope to live on.”

“Jurina…”

“I want to live…that’s what I felt. I want to live with you until the very end.”

She stroked my cheek and let out her real smile. I could feel her sincerity through those eyes and words. She held my hand tighter and continued where she left off.

“I’m really scared to show any emotions to you…because I’m immortal, and if I’ve grown to be attached to you I… I don’t want to experience the feeling of losing someone I love again.”

W-What did she say again? The word ‘love’ repeated in my head countless times and I stared back at her with confusion. She looked into my eyes and she brought my hand to the top of her chest. I could feel her heart pounding fast against her ribs. It was beating so strongly and clearly.

“But I shouldn’t be afraid of that… I shouldn’t lose hope. That’s what you taught me by the courage you showed me.”

What I’ve done gave Jurina the hope to believe in herself. After she had been living for over 500 years she had lost so many things in life that it hit the point she didn’t want to be attached to anything. Only a painful future would wait for her because nothing could last forever. I used to see only calmness and tinge of sadness through her eyes, but there’s none anymore. It was utterly lively and filled with warmth. Even I never saw this side of hers, I could tell that this was Jurina’s true self.

“Jurina…”

“Things are precious…because they don’t last forever, just like Yuki, Mayu…and you. I love Yuki, but if she knows that I’m still obsessed with the past she would never forgive me.” She chuckled and I simply listened to her silently. I wasn’t sure where this conversation was heading at right now, but I got a feeling Jurina wanted to tell me something.

“…I hope she doesn’t mind that I love someone more than her.”

“E-Eh?”

“Heh, it’s going to take forever to say…how much I love Matsui Rena in the past 3 months that I’m with her.”

When I heard the word ‘love’ and my name, I couldn’t help but blush like a tomato. Before I could even process or react to her indirect confession, she pulled my face in and my lips collided with hers. That was my first kiss in my entire life. It was so gentle and soft. It made me had a mind blown instantly… I held her hand back tightly and clutched onto her shirt. I kissed her back as my respond…and I could feel her moved in closer towards me to deepen up our kiss. I could feel my whole body trembling with this unusual sensation inside me. She slowly broke off from the kiss and we stared into each other’s eyes…passionately.  She whispered those miracle words against my lips.

“I wanted to live with you until the last breath of mine. I felt like I’m alive again by being with you and I want this to be my last love…Will you allow me to love you, Rena?”

“B-Baka…this is not something that you should ask!”

“Haha I’m sorry…I’m still learning a lot about being a human.”

“I’ll teach you.”

I whispered back while my face was burning up even more. I could see that she was slightly surprised with my response. “I’ll teach you everything that you need to know… and you’re taking responsible for stealing my first kiss too.”

Jurina seemed surprise about the latter fact as well and she let out a laugh. As her life was given back to her, the heavy burden call immortality vanished into thin air. Her expression was lightened up so much that it even made me happy. It was like a dream that I would be living with Jurina as a mortal until the end. I love her…and she loves me too. I never thought that such a day like this would even happen in my lifetime.

“I will.”

She replied and stroked my head again. We stared into each other’s eyes again and I moved in to kiss her lips this time. I could feel the warmth on those lips. It’s like a drug. I became so addicted with those lips and I couldn’t stop myself from desiring for more. I think it’s the only curse that affected me… the curse that made me fallen in love with Jurina. 

“I hope Yuki-san won’t be jealous…”

“I think she will, since…”

Jurina teased me and pecked my lips quickly. She’s being so playful and childish that it’s making me blushing even more. Her calm mature side made her look so cool, but at the same time her playful childish side made her look so adorable…it made me love her even more. Whatever she did would make me fell for her even more…I couldn’t believe that I’m like this. I really do love her so badly.

“…I love you more than her, and more than anything else in this world.”

“J-Jurina…jeez, you’re making me felt so embarrassed.”

“Haha, but it seemed the kiss is saying the opposite.”

“Jurina!”

“I’m sorry~”

She’s teasing me so badly that I felt like I could die by a heart attack. She didn’t feel sorry at the slightest at all! However, I never knew that she felt that way towards me at all. I felt so happy and flattered that she cared and loved me this much. It’s making my heart racing so badly. She moved in to put her forehead against mine and our nose touched each other. She kept repeating those miracle words from her lips, endlessly…and I loved it. I could tell from her eyes and touch that she wanted to convey her genuine feelings to me. Her touch made me feel that she would never let me go… forever.

“I love you, Rena.”

“I love you too.”

Without waiting any further, she moved in to steal my lips again. I tightened my clutch and kissed her back without holding back anymore. I could feel she desired more as much as I do but it wasn’t something wild or anything. It’s just a very gentle sweet kiss. Both of us didn’t want to take thing too fast. We still have a lot of time together…until our very last breath. Even though it might not be for eternity, I will make sure every second I’m with Jurina will never make me regret that I’m alive in this cruel world...

Life with an ending is beautiful… That’s what Jurina taught me.

Book IV: [The Inheritor of Resolution]

~BOOK CLOSED~

« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 03:51:11 PM by katekyohit »

Offline Koneki

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #66 on: December 21, 2013, 08:42:05 PM »
 :cathappy: :cathappy: :cathappy: :cathappy: :cathappy: :cathappy: :cathappy: :cathappy: :cathappy: :cathappy: :cathappy: :cathappy: :cathappy:
 :cathappy: :cathappy: :cathappy: :cathappy: :cathappy: :cathappy: :cathappy: :cathappy: :cathappy: :cathappy: :cathappy: :cathappy: :cathappy:

Kate...you know that I love you, don't you? :roll:

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
 :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
 :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Perfect in all the ways, as always  :peace:
ahhhhhhh  :panic:
I don't know what else to say :'D
I just...can't wait for the last book *O*

See ya!~ *3*

~ KamiOshi 松井玲奈 || AKBOshi 高橋みなみ~
Twitter Tumblr (migikata48)

Offline Zita

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #67 on: December 21, 2013, 10:22:17 PM »
I just love this story so much. :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank youthank you thank you ..............etc.
KAMI OSHI: MATSUI RENA

http://kecha94.tumblr.com/

Offline imteedee

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #68 on: December 22, 2013, 12:42:24 AM »
saving spot for the rants...I mean...review.  :lol:
my hat is off. saluting.

Offline Konoe

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Mayu Mayu Mayuyu
    • kibouteki48
« Reply #69 on: December 22, 2013, 08:52:41 AM »
That Leviathan finally died. Wmatsui is so courageous especially Rena as a mortal. I'm really happy for Jurina. She has suffered and lonely for 500 years so she deserves this happy end. :farofflook:

About the child... is she Mayu's reincarnation?

Offline Haruto Lee

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Nothing to do
« Reply #70 on: December 23, 2013, 07:19:28 AM »
Wow a new update!!!!

I was quite surprised when leviathan still follow Mayu's soul..... But luckily it was destroy for good...

Is it real that Yuki's reincarnation is Rena? Then it would be triangle again :cry:

Anyway thx for the new update!!! Looking forward to your new update!!!!!

Offline kevinwkl

• Honmayan!~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Acchan 4eva~ <3
« Reply #71 on: December 25, 2013, 04:47:18 PM »
Finally the leviathan is gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :onioncheer: :farofflook: :wahaha:

When Rena rushed towards the leviathan, I was literally praying that nothing will happen to her..  :prayers: :prayers:

Now that Jurina became a mortal, she don't have to worry about 'cursing' other people anymore  XD XD XD

AND FINALLY~~~~

“I wanted to live with you until the last breath of mine. I felt like I’m alive again by being with you and I want this to be my last love…Will you allow me to love you, Rena?”

My reaction to this sentence was like this =

I wonder what will be in the Book V then...  :? :? :?

Coz from the looks of it, it seems that this chapter is already the end of the storyline..  :P :P

Gosh I can't wait to see the next book~!!  XD XD

Please update soon!!!! :kneelbow: :kneelbow: :kneelbow: :kneelbow: :kneelbow:

Offline anakpanti

• anakpanti
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • プトゥリ
« Reply #72 on: December 26, 2013, 01:23:23 PM »
Here I go again... mumbling in your comment box.  :lol:

First.... This is the first time I read JuriYuki pairing and I like it so much! :inlove:

As I told you before, If you write the novels based on this story... it might become a big hit like Twilight Saga.  :P
Awesome story!! Thanks for Kevin, he gave you the ideas to write this.

==============

Jurina...
Being a pure blood gave her some heavy burdens on her shoulder... I'm sad because from the beginning you wrote about her burdens.  :cry:
I'm sad because I could feel how lonely her life was. As usual, being the one who will step onto the throne... will suffered so much.
When the war began, I was amazed how she still thinking about the peace between 2 kinds of worlds... even though she was in a rush to find Yuki. It proved how fit she is to become an Empress. Yeah, she was born to become a leader.

OMG, her love for Yuki is very huge... yet she even didn't meet Yuki for the last time. She only found the dead body right in front of her eyes.. How sad is this!!! :cry:
Seriously Kate... you're expert in making the death scene. =____="

500 years!! Again.. she's being lonely again. Cruel fate.
And umm.... when you described about Yuki's reincarnation, I imagined her as Yuki.. but No! It's Matsui Rena.  XD
Finally... Jurina found the light in her eyes again.  8)

---

Yuki..
Princess... a human. She's a brave and wise princess. I love her.  :)
She's an open minded girl and love to live in peace... she even didn't care about what kind of creature Jurina and Mayu are.
I'm glad that she wasn't as lonely as Jurina because she had Sae in her life. But still... they have an equal burden. *sigh*

Yuki loved Jurina so much... but I relieved because she wasn't abandon Mayu's presence. She take care of Mayu really well too.
I love how the way she made Mayu felt comfortable and made her feel worthwhile to live.

Well.... she was ready to die even before the war started, it showed how brave she is. She already planned to give her soul and her life to protect Mayu, Jurina, and her kingdom even before she know what will happen to them in the future.. wow!
She deserved to be loved by two people at once, she's an amazing woman.

She's died... yeahh... as I told you before, you're a professional in making character's death.  :bleed eyes:
She wanna protect Mayu without any doubt in her eyes. She sacrificed herself! :cry:
Well... we can't change the destiny after all, no matter how hard she wanna protect Mayu... Mayu had to die.
At that time I felt..... Yuki's death became useless!  :angry:

---

Mayu...
She's my favorite.. as always, you gave her a cool part almost in all your fics. I was doubt that your oshi is really Yuki.. :lol:

Her life... so DAMN sad!! Being a 2nd child, Jurina's shadow, lost her love, felt pain every night because of her curse, sacrifice herself...
Kate, why? Why??!! You didn't give her any happiness part.. I mean.... pure happiness.  :cry:
Yes, she felt happy when she was with Yuki, but...... it also made her suffered so much.

Mayu had the most angst parts in this fic.. but the only one thing that made me can't hold my sadness is when she saw Yuki died right in front of her eyes...
Well... not like Jurina, at least she still had a chance to tell her true feeling to Yuki.. be able to meet and talk with Yuki before she stop breathing.

I love the way you wrote the dialogues between her and Leviathan, I could clearly felt her anger and her jealousy.
You wrote about her emotions really well, I even clenched my fist when I read it.  :lol:
I could feel her pain. Thank you for making the 3rd book became so emotional.  :)
Good job.  :twothumbs

---

Rena...
Well... lucky for her, she's Yuki's reincarnation so she didn't need to put too much effort to make Jurina care about her... and umm..... she lived in the modern world, a better world that Jurina and Yuki dreamed to live at. She had a huge advantage.
She must be happy to be with Jurina all the time.

She is Yuki's reincarnation so... she brought the 'brave and care' line in her blood... she was persistent to not leave that cursed-child alone.
She even willing to protect Jurina from the creepy creature that she never imagined before.

I'm happy to know that Jurina always see her as Rena, not as Yuki's reincarnation like she thought before.

=============

Well.... Jurina is a human now and not immortal.
Even though they happy about it, honestly..... I'm not.
Well... I will be happy if she become a human in last book, but we still have 1 more book left!! It's too dangerous for them.
Jurina became harmless and didn't have a power (except Kate being a kind author and bring her power back although Jurina wasn't an immortal creature like before. :P)
I hope they'll find another way to keep survive in this cruel world. :D

Thank you Kate for your amazing fantasy genre fanfic!  :twothumbs
I'm eagerly waiting for book 5 even though I have no idea what's going to happen next.  :w00t:

Well........ sorry for eating your space again. I know.... my long comment. But I can't help it. :P

Offline katekyohit

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #73 on: December 28, 2013, 02:13:43 PM »
Koneki: LOL! As usual! Your comments are always entertaining to me!  :thumbup :cathappy:
Kate...you know that I love you, don't you?  :roll:
Perfect in all the ways, as always  :peace:
ahhhhhhh  :panic:
I don't know what else to say :'D
I just...can't wait for the last book *O*
LOL! Thank you >///< Wah, I felt so flattered! >< Glad you stay up to date with my fics and glad you have fun reading it too!

Zita:
I just love this story so much. :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank youthank you thank you ..............etc.
LOL, I'm glad you enjoy the story so far! It's finally come to an end too... ><

imteedee:
saving spot for the rants...I mean...review.  :lol:
I DUN SEE ANY OF YOUR RANTS YET GURL :v WHERE IS IT?

Konoe:
That Leviathan finally died. Wmatsui is so courageous especially Rena as a mortal. I'm really happy for Jurina. She has suffered and lonely for 500 years so she deserves this happy end. :farofflook:
About the child... is she Mayu's reincarnation?
Jurina finally deserves to be happy after being alone for 500 years! I think I did stated that the child is actually Mayu's reincarnation :)

Haruto Lee:
Wow a new update!!!!
I was quite surprised when leviathan still follow Mayu's soul..... But luckily it was destroy for good...
Is it real that Yuki's reincarnation is Rena? Then it would be triangle again :cry:
Anyway thx for the new update!!! Looking forward to your new update!!!!!
technically yes~ Rena is Yuki's reincarnation! But don't worry...there is sure no drama happening~ ^^ Glad you enjoy and have fun reading it~

kevinwkl:
I wonder what will be in the Book V then...  :? :? :?
Coz from the looks of it, it seems that this chapter is already the end of the storyline..  :P :P
Gosh I can't wait to see the next book~!!  XD XD
Please update soon!!!! :kneelbow: :kneelbow: :kneelbow: :kneelbow: :kneelbow:
I wonder too!! XD We'll see how Book V goes~ It's the final book so I try to make it a little more interesting :P

anakpanti:
Hi, the 2nd LoyalFlutist. XD Again with your long comments~
[/quote]First.... This is the first time I read JuriYuki pairing and I like it so much! :inlove:
As I told you before, If you write the novels based on this story... it might become a big hit like Twilight Saga.  :P
Awesome story!! Thanks for Kevin, he gave you the ideas to write this.

Well.... Jurina is a human now and not immortal.
Even though they happy about it, honestly..... I'm not.
Well... I will be happy if she become a human in last book, but we still have 1 more book left!! It's too dangerous for them.
Jurina became harmless and didn't have a power (except Kate being a kind author and bring her power back although Jurina wasn't an immortal creature like before. :P)
I hope they'll find another way to keep survive in this cruel world. :D
Thank you Kate for your amazing fantasy genre fanfic!  :twothumbs
I'm eagerly waiting for book 5 even though I have no idea what's going to happen next.  :w00t:
Well........ sorry for eating your space again. I know.... my long comment. But I can't help it. :P [/quote]
LOL! Glad you enjoy the JuriYuki pairing! Its a weird pairing but they can be really cute too! XD Oh wow, big hit like Twilight Saga???? LOL, OMG. >w< Thank you so much~ That's a really sweet compliment. Indeed there is a last book~ I wonder how will it end like! Hope you enjoy the final book as well :)

Offline katekyohit

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Book of Transcendence ~ Book V [Update ~ 28/12/13]
« Reply #74 on: December 28, 2013, 02:45:59 PM »
POSTER CREDITS: To Sherin-san!  :bow:

Book V: [The Ephemeral Spring]

-

“I’m back!”

I entered my house after the school bus dropped me off at the front gate. There was only one pair of shoes at the entrance so I knew that my mom was at home. I went into the kitchen to grab a cold can of coke in the fridge. It was sure refreshing and it wasn’t that long until I heard someone walking down the stairs from the 2nd floor. A figure appeared from the corner of my eyes and she was still wearing her working glasses. She’s tall and had a shoulder length black hair. She looked quite tired as well…maybe she was being an all-nighter again. This’s my mom, Jurina-mama.

I actually have two moms. Even though Jurina-mama usually acted as my dad figure, she would always take care of me while Rena-mama’s working outside at a school since she’s a kindergarten teacher. As for Jurina-mama, she’s a writer. She only went out to give lectures at times when she was called, if not, usually she would just stay at home writing her novels. She’s really famous too! However no one knew that I’m her daughter at school. It’s one big secret~ Also, no one knew that Rena-mama and Jurina-mama are actually married too. It’s almost 9 years that I was adopted by them.

“Welcome home. How’s your day?”

“It’s good as usual, but also quite boring… I did well on the history test today. Thanks to you, mama.”

“Not at all~”

She approached me and gave a soft pat on my head. Her way of showing affections are different from Rena-mama since Jurina-mama’s more playful and flexible. As for my other mama, she’s really strict on me in many things especially studies! I guess that’s expected from having a mom as a schoolteacher. 

“Want to grab some snacks outside? The big boss isn’t here so we can go buy as much snacks we want~”

I couldn’t help but to laugh at Jurina-mama! She would always call Rena-mama the ‘big boss’ of the house when she’s not around. Rena-mama caught her saying it several times and oh dear… the whole scene was just downright funny. Even though these two have been together for so long already…they were still acting like newlywed couples. It’s either there’s a live show comedian or romantic fluff in the house. That’s why, there’s always something funny and new each day!

“Awesome! Can I hide my snacks in your room again?”

“Obviously, just don’t let Rena-mama caught us.”

I nodded firmly and we went out to the convenience store close by to get all the snacks I wanted. Rena-mama’s really strict with everyone’s eating habit in the house and it’s awesome that Jurina-mama would sneak me out to buy snacks when Rena-mama wasn’t around. I’m curious about many things regarding Jurina-mama. In school today we talked about ‘fantasy’ and ‘reality’… we talked about vampires, demons, and witches. They were fantasies in novels and it reminded me of the famous fiction that she wrote. It’s a story that was consisted of 4 books so far and each book were based on each character’s life story. It’s a legend and it’s well known worldwide. Matsui Jurina, mama’s name is a name that everyone would recognize… she even received plenty of awards from her story that had yet to be completed. To be honest, I haven’t read any of the book yet. I personally don’t believe in those fantasies. I preferred real-life bibliographies than fictions. 

“Jurina-mama, can I ask you something?”

“What is it?”

“Why do you write supernatural fictions?”

She remained in silence while she tried to figure an answer to reply to me. Jurina-mama simply shrugged her shoulders and chuckled softly to herself.

“Who knows?”

“Do you believe…in those things?”

“Hmm, I wonder. What about you?”

“I don't…you know that I don’t believe in witches or vampires…”

“Oh~? Said by a child who used to believe in it so much.”

“W-Whatever!”

I got teased back by my own childhood past. I used to believe in those fantasies so much since both my moms would read me stories about it. I could even remember it until now…it was a story about the two royal witches that became friends with a human princess. It was a very happy and heartwarming story. I was always happy to listen to it every day for my bedtime story. However, that was in the past. I’ve grown up and I prefer being in reality.

“But isn’t being in reality much better? Fictions could only be fictions in the end, right?”

“What do you think define ‘fiction’ in the beginning?”

She asked me back and I couldn’t answer it. I wasn’t sure I even understood her question or not but I felt there was more meaning behind her words. She didn’t even explain anything further. Sometimes I felt that Jurina-mama was hiding something that I didn’t know, but there’s no point of asking her because she wouldn’t say a word about it.

After we were done with buying our snacks we came back home and hide it from Rena-mama. I went to do my homework in the living room and Jurina-mama brought down her computer to continue on her work. She must be working on the final book right now from what I remembered. She finished the 4th book a year ago and everyone was waiting patiently for the final one. It would be the end to the legendary story… but since I didn’t read the story, it wouldn’t matter to me. 

Always, every single day, Jurina-mama would always come to work downstairs when I’m doing my homework in the living room. That’s why I never felt lonely when I’m at home. Very rarely there would be some days that she couldn’t come sit with me.

“I’m back.”

We both heard the familiar voice and the entrance door opened. I knew immediately that it was Rena-mama and I rushed over to the entrance to greet her. She was in her usual teacher outfit and she was taking off her shoes. 

“Welcome home Rena-mama!”

“I'm back~ Are you hungry yet? I brought some ingredients from the supermarket, so how about fried rice for dinner tonight?”

“Sounds like a great idea~”

Jurina-mama came from behind and placed her hands on my head. She was getting hungry already and so Rena-mama decided to cook dinner immediately. Both of them told me to do my work instead while they did the cooking. I could hear Jurina-mama kept teasing Rena-mama all the time and it’s just so funny to listen to it. Every time when this happened, Rena-mama looked really childish and cute.

“You looked tired, do you want a massage tonight?”

“No way.” She rejected her immediately and it made Jurina-mama sulked.

“Ouch…you hurt my feelings.”

“You almost killed me! I told you all the time I’m ticklish and yet you still didn’t stop for the whole night!!”

Ah I remembered that night very well. I heard Rena-mama laughing and screaming so badly from their room. She kept telling Jurina-mama to stop, but obviously she didn’t. Unexpected things between my parents always happened and no one could tell when one would be coming. However, even though they seem to be fighting and arguing every single day…I could tell they love each other so much.

“Ah~ but it’s irresistible to not tease you…”

“Please just give me a normal massage…I’ll kick you out of the room if you do that again.”

“Okay I’ll try…you’re just too irresistible though Re-na-chan…” Jurina-mama whispered against Rena-mama’s neck and it made her flinched immediately. I could tell from her reaction that she was blushing badly.

“J-Jurina!!!” Rena-mama roared back and it seemed she was holding a knife in her hand too…

“Wait! N-Not with that knife in your hand please!!”

There we go again… the usual lover’s quarrel of the Matsui family. It made the whole house so lively. They always tease each other on many various stories and I loved to listen to it. They were different from most of the parents I heard from my friends. They would always be strict to them and told them what to do… which was completely opposite from Rena-mama and Jurina-mama. I can literally talk about anything to them and my friends even said that they were jealous of me.

We sat at the dining table together to enjoy our meal. Rena-mama’s fried rice is the best! It’s always my favorite food of all time. When we’re eating together both moms would always talk to me with many various things. So today, it seemed our conversation was about Jurina-mama’s ongoing story she was working on right now.

“Hm…I wonder how long I can give an excuse to my editor.”

“What did you do this time?” Rena-mama asked with curiosity, but then she mused for a second before she replied back.

“I didn’t start the last book yet. Actually…I didn’t even think about the plot yet.”

“E-Eh?? Really?”

I was shocked. It’s been a year already since Jurina-mama released her 4th book and she didn’t even have a plan for the final one yet. Everyone in the whole world was waiting for this final one! However, it seemed Rena-mama wasn’t even that surprised, as if she was expecting this from Jurina-mama.

“It’s quite complicated so…could you help me out?”

She turned to me and asked for a favor. That’s rare especially on topics regarding her work. I wouldn’t expect her to ask me anything at all and it made me wonder what she wanted me to do for her. I told her I will do my best and I could see a smile across her face.

“Will you read all the books and tell me your opinion about it?”

It made me paused for a second. She knew that I didn’t like reading supernatural or fairytale stories but yet she asked me to do so. It’s not that I hate them but… I just don’t like believing on things that aren’t real. Maybe for this once, for Jurina-mama, I’ll do what she asked me to do. 

“Okay…I’ll do it.”

“Good girl~ I’ll take you to the chocolate café if you succeed~”

“Wow! Really!?”

“Oi Jurina…”

She stared at her but then Jurina-mama ignored her death glare. Since it’s my promise with her, I would make sure I do it! I loved chocolate so badly that I’m more than willing to do whatever it takes to get it.

“Fine…I give up, just once okay?”

That was like a miracle! Rena-mama approved for me to go to the chocolate café! After we finished the dinner, I went back to work in my room before I go back to sleep. I wouldn’t want to sleep so late that I would wake up late for my school. Tomorrow would be the last day before my winter exams. I can’t wait for it to be done so I could spend my time reading Jurina-mama’s book in order to go to the chocolate café with her! I’ll make sure to eat as much as I could!

-///-

I slowly opened my eyes…and I was on the bed. Yes…that’s when my memories begun. I can’t remember anything that happened and the first person I saw was her… She was pretty like a princess. She smiled and held my hand gently.

“Don’t worry…I’m your friend. My name is Rena.” 

“Rena…san…?”

“Yup. That’s me.”

She was the person that always took care of me when I’m still recovering from an accident. The doctor told me that I had amnesia and I might not be able to remember anything about my past. My origin was that I’m an orphan anyway so it didn’t matter if I remember anything about it or not. Rena-san was one of the big sisters that took care of orphans like me. She told me that we played together all the time until I got into an accident with her friend, whose name was Jurina. She has yet to wake up… Every morning Rena-san would come to talk to me with such an angelic smile. Until one day… there was another woman that came with her. She was in a patient’s outfit like me. I looked into her eyes and she stared at me with so much tears. I didn’t understand what was behind those tears but before I had time to think about it, she rushed to my side and hugged me tightly. I didn’t know who is she…but I could feel her kind heart and feelings through her touch.

“This is Jurina…the person I told you about.”

“Jurina-san…?”

“Finally…thank goodness that you’re safe…”

She mumbled when she was embracing me gently in her warm arms. I could feel her sincerity through that hug and her words. It made me felt utterly comforted and… felt loved. It was the first time I met her, yet I felt so sentimental about it. It’s like as if I received this kind of hug before…long time ago…

-///-

Time flew by so fast and after I’m done with this hell on earth exams…I’m completely free to do anything I want during this long winter break! Finally I don’t have to wake up by the alarm! I slept in and woke up at 9am before going downstairs to grab some morning cereal. Mama went off to work already so it’s only Jurina-mama and me at home. After I enjoyed my breakfast, I went to her room and knocked on her door. She should be awake already…I hope.

“Mama! I came get the books to read.”

“Come in~”

Glad that she’s awake already. I opened the door into her room and she was sitting at her working table as usual. She diverted her attention to the 4 books beside her computer and handed them over to me.

“Take your time, you have a long winter break to read.”

“Okay! You better promise me to take me to the most expensive chocolate café!”

“Yes ma’am. I’ll take you there if you manage to help me with the final book okay?”

“Promise!”

I took the books down to the living room to read it. To be honest I was actually curious with her work. I’m a quick reader so it didn’t take me that long to read through the book… the first book was about the princess of the witch clan that was the successor to the throne. As I read through each page, I didn’t pay much attention at the beginning until I felt kind of nostalgic with this story. I heard it somewhere before… Oh right, it was Jurina-mama that told me this story back when I was a kid. Soon I actually started to pay more attention to the story. It felt as if this story was actually real. The feelings of the character… I felt deeply connected to them. I never came across a book that could give me such a vibe like this before.

For some reason as I finished the first book…at this point I was addicted to this story and I wanted to know what happened with the human princess…and the 1st protagonist’s younger sister.

~XXX~

That late night, I took a break from reading the book series… I was currently done with the 2nd one. It was so complicated with the love triangle between the human princess and the other two royal witches. In the end…she died by her own selfless act, yet her soul didn’t waver at the slightest. Do humans like that exist? The title of this book fits her perfectly…the 2nd protagonist really did have an unwavering soul. However, this was a fiction after all. These characters couldn’t be real….

“Are you sure you should be letting her reading those books? Since they’re…”

I heard Rena-mama’s voice as she was talking to Jurina-mama in the living room. I stopped with whatever I was planning to do and walked slowly closer to their conversation. I knew it’s bad to eavesdrop, but I couldn’t help it. They were talking about me after all…

“I don’t see a problem with it? Also, isn’t she’s just like you…doesn’t believe in supernatural and curses.”

“Mou…stop teasing me, will you?”

“Hehe, I’m sorry Rena…”

Jurin-mama smiled and pecked on Rena-mama’s lips softly. The only moments I would see Jurina-mama being all sweet and romantic are when she’s alone with Rena-mama. Usually she wouldn’t show that side of hers in front of others.

“But you know what I mean…right?” Jurina-mama responded back to her.

“…Yes.”

“Trust me okay? As well as trust her.”

“I know…”

I stopped looking at them being super fluff and walked away without getting caught. I don’t understand why Rena-mama is worrying about me when it’s just   fictional books? Is there something more about the books? I don’t know what they were referring to, but I guess I might as well finish the whole thing to learn about it myself. I started reading the 3rd book, but then it was much longer than the other two books. I was only ¼ through the whole thing and I was already exhausted. I think I deserve some sleep and will resume my reading tomorrow instead…

~XXX~

I slept without my alarm, however for some reason I woke up quite early today. Maybe I was used to waking up early to go to school. Since I was getting hungry I went downstairs and saw Jurina-mama cooking fried rice. She glanced over and told me that she had prepared a plate for me already. Aside from Rena-mama’s cooking, Jurina-mama’s are just as great! I sat down and gobbled down my food while it was still hot. I could see she was laughing at me while I munched loudly with contentment. She seemed to enjoy watching me eating my food happily.

“So…how far have you read it? I hope it’s not too boring for you.”

“It was actually very addictive than I thought. I’ve finished two books already. I hope to finish them all by tomorrow.”

“Sounds great to me. You’re sure eager to eat at the chocolate café~”

“Of course!”

I didn’t technically lie in that answer. That was my initial motivation to read the books, but right now I wanted to learn the secret of this story that Jurina-mama wrote in there. There must be something behind the conversation between both of my moms. I couldn’t just ask them directly because they didn’t know that I eavesdropped them. After I was done with the meal I brought the book down to the living room to read it quietly for the whole day until Rena-mama arrived back from work.

The drama and the complex of this character were just so…extreme beyond reality. If something like that were to happen to me I would be long dead already. Love was the only thing that was needed in order to go through all ordeals in life… It sounded too much like a fiction than to be based on someone’s real life experience… but Jurina-mama stated that it’s based on reality…I can’t believe it. In this book, I couldn’t imagine someone would be going through that kind of pain. The younger witch loved the human princess unconditionally that she was willing to do whatever it takes to protect her, but all her effort was in vain. She turned into a heartless demon…and in the end she killed herself to protect her older sister. It’s just too painful to accept that this story was actually based on reality. I actually cried while I was reading this book. I don’t know why but I could feel a strong connection with this character much more than the other two. But I still don’t understand how it’s relating to what they talked about last night. The answer might be in the last book…

-

That evening, we sat at the dining table again and we had our usual fun family talk. This time it was Rena-mama that asked me what I thought of the books that Jurina-mama wrote. I replied back honestly and told her that I actually loved the story. I was deeply touched and didn’t know that it was this amazing. I was no longer surprised that this story became a legend at all. They were even planning to make a movie out of this soon next year. It made me feel guilty that I didn’t give much attention to what she wrote when I’m living with her 24/7 like this. I told her I was on the last book and Rena-mama seemed to be… fidgeting a little bit? She looked a little uneasy somehow.

“Is something wrong Rena-mama?”

“Well…not exactly…”

“Rena-mama’s favorite book is the 4th one, and the same goes to me too~”

Jurina-mama spoke up and it made Rena-mama glared at her. Rena-mama was blushing slightly by Jurina-mama’s response and it seemed there was something between those two that I was yet to know. I felt like the key to the answer I wanted was in the 4th one… as it was already hinted from the 1st book the 4th protagonist would be the human princess’s reincarnation in the present era.

After the dinner, I went back to my room but I decided to sleep instead. I had enough of being emotional today by the 3rd book. I guess I would be sleeping early today so that I would be prepared to read the last one. The answer I was looking for would be in the last one.

~XXX~

I glanced at my alarm clock and it seemed I slept in quite a bit. I actually had a very weird dream last night. I dreamt that I met this person in my dream. She had such cold…yet beautiful violet eyes. When I stared at her I felt like my time stopped. Shots of scenes flashed into my head. There were so many things happening… I heard the sound of a girl screaming hysterically to the top of her lungs. Then I saw the image of that same girl squirming on the floor with tears of pain… I felt so many emotions through those scenes. It was as if I was that person. Then suddenly, the scene cut off to the huge green hill…it’s filled with happiness. The sky was so blue as if this was a fairytale world. I wouldn’t think a place like this would exist in the world. It’s just so beautiful…and peaceful.

I wondered why I had such a dream…maybe the 3rd book I read yesterday was heavily impacted me. Oh well, it's about time I should get out from my bed. However, I didn’t feel like going down to eat breakfast yet so I ate some snack bars that I kept in my drawer and picked the 4th book to read on my bed. I just felt so eager to read this final book. It’s the last one and I might find my answer in here.

I flipped through the pages and read it. Yes, as I kept read through this final book…I started to feel that I finally found my answers…within this book. This was a story about a young girl that met the immortal witch. She was the 2nd protagonist’s reincarnation. Both main characters’ lives were revolving around this child that was cursed by the demon that was killed at the end of the 3rd book. It kept haunting this child who was the younger witch’s reincarnation. However, something caught my attention about this 4th main character… she received a full scholarship for her studies and was working in an orphanage for her part-time job? That sounded so much like…Rena-mama. Things started to get more realistic to me and I couldn’t stop reading it. I wonder why I felt as if I was reading a real-life bibliography rather than a fictional novel…

“Why…?”

I kept flipping through the page and eventually I arrived at the climax part. It was the scene where the immortal witch was trying to kill the demon within the orphan child. As I read through the dialogue of the characters, I didn’t understand why I felt like I heard it somewhere before… I felt as if it happened long time ago, but I couldn’t remember when. 

As I almost reached the ending, I could feel tears streaming down my cheeks when I reached the scene that the immortal witch woke up. I felt so much sadness and happiness from the mortal girl. I could tell that she really loved the witch... so many emotions conveyed through these words. As if the whole scene was displayed right in front of me. There was this paragraph that struck me immediately... it’s when the immortal witch used all her magical powers and life energy to cast a resurrection spell on the child in order to save her from the demon’s curse. However, it was a miracle she was still alive…but as a result of her recklessness, she lost all her power and became a mortal human. The romance between those two made me shed tears even more. I understood the witch’s position more when she confessed her fear, thoughts, and feelings to her human lover. They promised to stay by each other’s side until the end… that’s expected from a romance story, however if it were to happen in real life…it must be a good feeling to meet and stay with the one you truly love. That’s when the story ends----Huh…

“Wait a minute…there’s epilogue?”

The story didn’t end yet. It continued on…it was the epilogue of the fourth book. I read through it quickly. There were butterflies in my stomach and my heart was racing madly. The story was cut over to the scene that those two main protagonists went to meet with the nameless orphan story at the hospital…they visited her many times but this visit was special than usual…

~XXX~

Jurina and Rena visited the nameless after the ex-witch had finished her physical therapy. She was still not used to her mortal body yet so she needed to learn about her limitations. Jurina was still a patient in the hospital until her doctor friend approved that she’s able to live as a mortal without harming or killing herself as a result. They came to talk and spend time with the nameless orphan, but it seemed something was disturbing Jurina.

“Hm, you still don’t have a name?”

“Ah…yes. Even though the adults told me that I can come up with one myself…but I don’t know what name I should give to myself.” The child replied.

“We should help come up with a name for her, what do you think, Rena?”

Jurina turned to her lover and she agreed with it. The nameless orphan was surprised and excited at the same time. She was wondering what kind of name Rena would come out with. To the child, Rena was the one that was beside her when she woke up from her long sleep. She was the first person that the child saw… and Rena became someone that’s special to the child.

The raven-haired lady mused for a long while as she was trying to figure out a good name that would fit the orphan girl. She wanted to give her a name with a pleasant meaning as well. 

“Hmmm…”

The chilled breeze blew through the opened window grabbed Rena’s attention. The cold air entered, as the winter was approaching soon. Out of the blue, it seemed she figured out a name that would suit the child. She was given a new life; a new beginning… what was awaited after winter is a beautiful spring.

“Ah, how about…”

~XXX~

I broke into tears as I finally finished the last page of the book.

I let it all out and couldn’t help but to felt so touched by it. I finally remembered it all… the epilogue of this book overlapped with my memories. I actually got into an accident and was saved by Jurina-mama many years ago…back then I was still 4-5 years old. As a result from the accident, I lost all my memories permanently. I did not remember anything regarding myself at all, and this scene was one of the early memories I had in the hospital. I remembered that day very well… it felt like yesterday. That was the day that my beloved gave me that name… to a nameless orphan like me.

The ending of the book didn’t reveal the child’s name, it was a cliffhanging ending, but I know full-heartedly what name they would give to the child. Reading through this book made me remembered and thought more about the two protagonists. Did the whole story based on Jurina-mama and Rena-mama’s real lives experiences? If so… everything seemed to be connected together.

-

I simply closed the book and placed it on my bed before I rushed to Jurina-mama’s room immediately. I banged on her door and turned the doorknob even before I received her permission. As usual, she was sitting at her table working and slowly turned her attention to me. She had that calm smile on her face as if she was expecting me to arrive sooner or later. 

“Mama…”

“Good morning, I assumed you had finished the books… so, what do you think about them?”

“I…was deeply touched by the story. I loved it.”

“So, which is your favorite book?” She asked me another question.

“…The 4th one.”

I didn’t hesitate to answer and I could see a smile across her face. She closed the screen of her computer and diverted her full attention to me. I could tell she was about to throw another question at me.

“So…what do you think should be the title of the 5th book?”

“Y-You wanted me to come up with a name?”

“Yup~ also…what name should I give to the nameless child? Since she’s the 5th protagonist after all.”

I was shocked by the question, but at the same time while I was looking into her eyes. Did she know that I knew that the 4th book based on mom and her experience? Jurina-mama allowed me to decide the title of the final book and told me that I should take my time to think through it properly. I felt like she was bullying me indirectly. If that nameless child would be the final protagonist of the 5th book…then that’s me. Was that the reason that she didn’t write the final book out yet? Was that the reason she wanted me to decide the name of the book and the nameless orphan?

“You can take your time, I’m not in a hurry. So, why don’t you go cook some fried rice for our lunch? I’m getting a little hungry now.”

“Basically you’re asking me to cook for you…”

“Yup~ you got it!”

“Hehe~ roger that.”

-

I left the room to go cook for mama and myself. While I had my time to think about the 5th story, I was not certain what name I should tell her. I don’t want to give a bad name for her final book. I sighed and thought about the true meaning that she was trying to convey through the ending of the story. I thought about both the immortal witch and the mortal human’s feelings… an immortal life huh? I never thought about that before. However, when I thought about it, I probably wouldn’t want to have that. The immortal witch had to watch people she cared and closed to her died off one by one. It must be really sad for her, but isn’t death also scary too? I wondered which one is better? Immortality or death? An endless or ephemeral story?

“Mama! Food is ready!”

I called for her after I was done cooking our lunch. So far that was the only thing I learned how to cook from Jurina-mama. This was Rena-mama’s fried rice recipe and it’s the best! She came down and sat in the dining table with me. As usual we had our random talks as we discussed where to go on our free time today. As I stared at Jurina-san, there were things I had yet to clarify. I took a deep breath before I started asking her a question that would give an answer to my doubts.

“The 4th one…it’s based from both your and Rena-mama’s lives?”

“Indeed it is.”

“…I see.”

I was wondering whether I should ask further or not. It did clarify that my guess was right about the 4th book. However, it looked as if Jurina-mama was waiting for me to say something. I felt as if she knew that I wanted to ask something more than that. I didn’t want to back down either. I arranged my thoughts properly before I finally asked my final question.

“Do you believe in the existence of supernatural beings?”

She remained in silence and looked back at me with such calm eyes. It was actually the same question I asked her quite a while back before my exams. She only smiled at me and took her time before she replied back to my question.

“Everything can be ‘reality’ as long as you believe and have faith in it. It doesn’t depend on what others said, but it is your mind that shapes up the whole world.”

“My mind huh…I see.”

I felt like I found my answer through Jurina-mama’s wise words. Those words had made me understood more about the story and the characters even more. That’s when I finally managed to figure out the name that fits well with the 5th book. I looked back into those calm brunette eyes and I think she could tell that I found an answer as well. 

The Ephemeral Spring…That’s the name of the final book.”

I took another deep breath before mama could speak up. When I looked at her again, she was waiting for me to continue where I left off. She was waiting for the last answer to her request. I was told to give a name to the 5th protagonist of the final book. I’ve been trying to figure out other better names, but there was this one name that kept repeating in my mind. It seemed I didn’t have a choice but to use this name that I felt was right.

“The final protagonist’s name, it is Haruka.”

She smiled at me silently without a word. There were no comments regarding the name of the 5th book and the character’s name. Sometimes her silence could be utterly comfortable or scary, because I didn’t know what Jurina-mama was thinking at the slightest. However, the look on her face told me she seemed satisfied with the answer.

“I see… the Spring Flower hmm? Why did you pick that name?”

The definition of Haruka is Spring Flower. I told her that I believed that’s the best name for the nameless child. The child would receive so much care and love. An ending of one story leads to a new beginning. However…no matter what, there would be an ending waiting for everything. The whole story taught me how nothing lasts forever… As the winter comes to an end, the spring begins… 

“Nothing is permanent and things become more beautiful and precious when there’s an ending to it, isn’t that what you’re trying to convey?”

“Heh…that’s right.”

That story changed my whole perspective in a way. I never thought about things that deeply and in another perspective until I read these books written by Jurina-mama. As I read through it, I didn’t feel like it’s just a fictional story. It felt so real that as if I was inside the story and witnessing the tragic of life before my eyes. There would be so many things I’ve yet to learn, but there’s one certain thing I understood fully… I’m really lucky and blessed to be receiving love from my moms.

-

We stayed home and waited for Rena-mama to come back. She would be leaving work early today since it was her last day before her winter holiday. It was sad that she might have to work at the school despite the school was closed for students. At least she would be free tomorrow! However, she’s supposed to arrive home earlier, but she got into some problems and came back late. I wonder what the problem was, but never mind that! We’re going to spend time together tomorrow at the plaza close by since Jurina-mama had to take me to the chocolate café she promised! I can’t wait for it~ I’m so excited!

~XXX~

I set the alarm last night so that I wouldn’t wake up late for the family hangout today. After I took a shower and went downstairs, both Rena-mama and Jurina-mama were already waiting for me in the living room. I got curious at how they exchanged glances with each other before they turned to me.

“Y-Yes? Is something a matter?”

“Hehe~ I wonder~”

Jurina-mama seemed to enjoy making things mysterious and suspicious to me. It was Rena-mama that walked up to me and put something in my hand. I look at the small object and it's a pocket watch with a sakura design carved on the cover. I have a big obsession with pocket watches and so I could tell from this that… it’s custom-made. I was so surprised that they got one for me…it must be really expensive!

“I was really scared that they wouldn’t make it in time! Glad they finished it yesterday.”

Rena-mama smiled with relief and the actual problem she mentioned yesterday was about this watch. She had to wait at the shop for it.

“This…”

“Don’t tell me you forget your own birthday already?”

Jurina-mama asked me again and I froze in shock. I completely forgot that today was actually my birthday. Not technically the day I was born, but this was the day that Rena-mama gave me a name. It was the day that I was given an existence to world… and it had become my birthday ever since.

“You must be so obsessed with your quest to eat at the chocolate café for free.”

“Mou, Jurina-mama! I was just completely sucked into your books!! It’s not my fault!”

She teased me again and then Rena-mama stroked my head gently before she hugged me tightly in her arms. Her warmth always comforted my heart and soul. This birthday was very special more than any other birthdays I had in the past. I realized the value of time and my family even more than before. I started to appreciate every second I was with both of my mamas… they meant the world to me.

“I love you, Haruka-chan…and happy 15th birthday.”

She kissed my forehead and I couldn’t hold back my smile. I was just too happy to even hide any of my feelings from them. I hugged Rena-mama back and buried my face onto her shoulder. 

“I love you too, mama… thank you for everything.”

-

We were getting ready to leave the house to spend our precious family moments together. Both mamas were waiting for me in front of the house while I made sure the lights were off and windows and doors were locked properly.

“Haruka! Are you done yet?”

“Yes! I’m coming!”

I could hear Jurina-mama called my name and just about time I was done. I made sure the entrance door was locked first before I ran up to catch up with them. I held Rena-mama’s hand and walked by her side while Jurina-mama was on my other side. The weather outside was getting colder as each passing day. It’s almost the end of the year after all… and I couldn’t wait for the spring to arrive. I used to feel normal with spring, but now I loved it more than any other seasons. I can’t wait for it to arrive since it’s my name after all!

That is my name… Matsui Haruka, the name given by Rena-mama… and it’s the name of the final protagonist of the “Book of Transcendence”. I can’t wait to read the last book in order to see the ending of it… This was the first time I was actually looking forward to read Jurina-mama’s book.

…I wonder what await after the spring ends.

Book V: [The Ephemeral Spring]

~BOOK CLOSED~

Thank you for sticking along this long with this story! I hope you all enjoy and have fun reading through this! Finally I finished one of my on-going series~  :cow: :cow: :cow: I shall go back to continue on my other on-going series + oneshots~  :deco: :deco: :deco: Thanks for all your lovely comments and supports for this~ ^^

Offline Koneki

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Book of Transcendence ~ Book V [Update ~ 28/12/13]: (END)
« Reply #75 on: December 28, 2013, 04:18:42 PM »
What should I say?  What should I say?  What should I say? What should I say? What should I say? What should I say?

Though I didn't expect that the protagonist of this book would be a child...their child it surprised me
but wooow I think was the best choice
I can't imagine another better way to end this series of books

I feel like complete right now

Your are the best Kate!!

PS: let's say...you really make me feel the worst daughter in the world with your "childs" in yours stories xDDDDDDDDDD
no problem tho~  I like to be mean 8)

LOL :P

~ KamiOshi 松井玲奈 || AKBOshi 高橋みなみ~
Twitter Tumblr (migikata48)

Offline kevinwkl

• Honmayan!~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Acchan 4eva~ <3
« Reply #76 on: December 28, 2013, 04:29:56 PM »
Haruka was the protagonist~  :stoned: :stoned: :stoned:

Mama Jurina and mama Rena are so cute together~  :mon inluv: :mon inluv:

Wow... I never thought the final book would be like this.. :mon dance: :mon dance:

It's different than the other book and it's just so beautiful~  :shy2: :luvluv1: :nya:

Not to mention Haruka is so kawaii as well~  XD XD XD

After reading this chapter, I was like this =  :mon angel: :mon angel: :mon angel: :mon angel: :mon angel:

Thank you for writing this beautiful story, Kate.. I hope you write more story like this.. And end it beautifully like this as well  :mon inluv: :mon inluv:

Please update Amnesia after this  :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Offline imteedee

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #77 on: December 28, 2013, 11:48:50 PM »
OH my Mayu heart....would be eternally devastated now  :cry: (oh I think this doesn't fit to be an intro for a just-finished-fic  :nervous)

can anyone enlighten me how Mayu had a good ending/resolution in here, at least? aside from sacrificing herself (please see BOOK III) for the WHOLE UNIVERSE and humanity.  XD

Well, the ending is indeed one of a kind. I believe the highlight of it, was the line when Haruka revealed her name, no?  :)

Honestly, I was expecting a twist with a Mayuyu part (oh you can't blame me about this! STAAPH!) but wMatsui is good!  :thumbsup UP until the end, Jurina stayed selfless and caring towards every character that has existed in this story and I'm really glad she finally found peace with Rena and their child.

At first, reading the first paragraph I found myself squealing over that Jurina-mama and Rena-mama names,  XD what the hell? too damn cute!  :deco: and yeah, it even seemed like the epilogue of the 4 first books. am i right?

Honestly, I actually held my hopes high since I heard the ending was awesome from those noisy writers, like I would see everything was just a dream or so, and I'll see my baby back, but yeah I did consider that ending to be a cliche and it wouldn't fit for the story. *insert my live sigh here*

ALL IN ALL! It's one of my favorites! though OMG I still can't get over from my baby's death just so you know. (LOL) I'm dead serious about it. But in case you ask, the third book is actually my fave book  :sweatdrop: Thanks for this out of this world story! I'm looking forward to more of your works! Best wishes in everything Kate-sama.  :bow:

(I don't rate unfinished series, just OSs and short stories so...)

PANDA RATING:

:pandaaa:  :pandaaa: :pandaaa: :pandaaa: :pandaaa: :pandaaa: :pandaaa: :pandaaa: 8/10   :thumbsup
my hat is off. saluting.

Offline Konoe

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Mayu Mayu Mayuyu
    • kibouteki48
« Reply #78 on: December 29, 2013, 03:42:40 AM »
I'm speechless(in a good way, of course).

Wow, Jurina is a writer. :w00t:

I read the whole thing thinking its from the new Mayu's POV with the same name. XD So the name is Haruka..

Your way of writing is very mature. As expected from Kate-sama. You are amazing. :on GJ:

Offline Terragen

• If you love me Why'd you let me go?
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • You might be a big fish In a little pond
« Reply #79 on: December 29, 2013, 07:36:10 AM »
finally it's end!! thank KATE!!!

hahaha rena's favorite book is book 4 hahahaha,

now i will wait for the other amazing fic from you kate, maybe the unfortunated love part 2 or the others...everything its okay

really big thank

Lovers, keep on the road you're on
Runners, until the race is run
Soldiers, you've got to soldier on
Sometimes even right is wrong
[/color]

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Yuey - Semi no Oto