JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: The Gospellers - Sweet

Author Topic: Report forum problems here  (Read 268600 times)

Offline SayahChanAlso

Re: Report forum problems here
« Reply #280 on: December 05, 2012, 04:41:46 AM »
I forgot my password again, so I went to resend it to my proper email address saramalam@sbcglobal.net so I can get back on as sayahchan and not this name, and it will not send it it wont let me answer a question it gives me some error thing... :( I have also noticed under this name IRC doesn't want to work for me.. I haven't been on the forum in so long because of this issue. can some one message this name and help me get back into my account... I miss my name.. not this Also thing... :(

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #281 on: January 31, 2013, 05:43:50 AM »
I've been getting that message every now and then today:
Connection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

It may be my crappy luck, or maybe I just missed the memo about some technical tweaking happening, but the whole board as a whole just seems to be running slow today. Any other members getting this too?

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #282 on: January 31, 2013, 05:50:37 AM »
Connection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

It may be my crappy luck, or maybe I just missed the memo about some technical tweaking happening, but the whole board as a whole just seems to be running slow today. Any other members getting this too?

It is not only you, it has happened to me too.  Hope it gets fixed soon :)
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #283 on: February 03, 2013, 06:30:08 AM »
Connection Problems

It is not only you, it has happened to me too.  Hope it gets fixed soon :)

Seems okay. I was constantly on Tapatalk. That's what happens when you are one of the top websites in ALL THE LAND!! :ondick:

Thank you for your patience and continued visiting. We will continue to monitor the situation and evaluate if server upgrades are in order :yep:

Offline mrhomiec

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #284 on: March 17, 2013, 11:26:54 PM »
is anyone else getting auto-logged out?

it's been happening to me for about a month now, figured it would fix itself, but it hasn't.

everytime i visit the forum, i have to log in. whether it's from a brand new browser session, to just coming back a few minutes later.

even tho i've tried setting the dropdown menu to "Forever"
and the "Minutes to stay logged in" as "9999"
and also the "Always stay logged in" checkmarked.

PS, and OMG! as i was typing the above, i was timed out. i had just signed in and started writing this post.

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #285 on: March 17, 2013, 11:38:20 PM »
All good here. Check your cookies settings, perhaps?

I'm using Opera and Chrome and been logged in forever :)

Offline mrhomiec

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #286 on: March 18, 2013, 02:59:36 AM »
i guess it was a bad cookie. i use Chrome all the time. kept trying to clear cache, but never cookies. (and now to re-log back into everything)

Offline Assman

• aka 大光
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #287 on: March 19, 2013, 06:01:34 AM »
Coolin man. Keep us informed on your situation. This is daigong "testing" with Chrome lol

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #288 on: May 07, 2015, 04:12:48 PM »
I just want to make sure that it's not just me that's getting this.

I just started getting this yesterday, but has anyone else here noticed that YouTube videos don't always embed properly? I don't mean like if you post it with "HTTPS" instead of "HTTP". What I'm noticing is that instead of showing the videos that they're supposed to, the URL of the embedded YouTube videos gets changed and then ends up leading to this:
Code: [Select]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKY3scPIMd8

Clicking to watch the video directly on it's YouTube page gave me this (the second screencap being done in multiple languages within the video).

Apparently it has something to do with this? Not entirely sure though because it looks like they're focusing on TVs, video game systems, and mobile devices (not necessarily desktop/computer internet browsers).
- https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6098135?hl=en

Here are a couple of specific posts where I've seen it here.

- http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=26191.msg1331105#msg1331105

- http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=2673.msg1331189#msg1331189

Again, I just wanted to make sure that it's not just me getting this. My computer at home is just over a year and a half old, and all of it's software is up to date. I'm also getting it at (and posting this from) this computer that I'm using here at the school at which I'm working today (it's a modern, up to date computer lab that this school uses for programming and cyber/online security classes).

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #289 on: May 07, 2015, 06:55:02 PM »
^ they're not embedding correctly for me either, although i clicked on the link to check it and the video played normally (i posted it with 'http' instead of 'https'), but all youtube posts are showing up as just the links

Offline ebc

• Administrator
  • Member+
  • >:|
« Reply #290 on: May 07, 2015, 07:06:05 PM »
Issue Fixed

Looks like our Youtube auto embed mod had stopped working in the last couple of days. I've uninstalled that one and installed a new one which should embed the videos properly.

But any videos that were posted in the last 1-2 days might need to be edited and reposted with the correct link or they'll just display the device support video.

The mod actually should support https links too so that's a plus

« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 11:39:22 AM by ebc »

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #291 on: May 08, 2015, 12:32:04 AM »
Issue Fixed

Looks like our Youtube auto embed mod had stopped working in the last couple of days. I've uninstalled that one and installed a new one which should embed the videos properly.
Awesome sauce. :thumbsup

I hate to be a bother again, but now it looks like the new embed mod doesn't work with videos from other sites like DailyMotion, Youku, Tudou.
:mon sweat:

Obviously, it's not the absolute end of the world if this new mod won't let vids from other sites embed, as the URL link will still be there anyway.
 :nervous

EDIT: Don't know about anyone else, but during the last few hours, if I click the "preview" button, the forum thinks I'm clicking the "post" button instead.

Also, when I go to "modify" a post, if I click the "preview" button to check and make sure that my edits have been done properly, the forum not only acts as if I've hit the "post"/"save button, but it double-posts it as well.

Basically, I'm getting this:
"preview" button = post now
"modify post" + "preview" = double post now
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 06:06:18 AM by JFC »

Offline maruda

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #292 on: May 08, 2015, 06:41:19 AM »
^
I just experienced that problem with the "preview" button.
I venerate ample posteriors and, furthermore, I am unable to fabricate information.

Offline ebc

• Administrator
  • Member+
  • >:|
« Reply #293 on: May 08, 2015, 10:09:19 AM »
Also, when I go to "modify" a post, if I click the "preview" button to check and make sure that my edits have been done properly, the forum not only acts as if I've hit the "post"/"save button, but it double-posts it as well.

Hmm this might be a Stryfe fix. I'm not sure where to start when trying to fix php.

Offline sakura_drop_

• サクゲキと読んでください | Sakugeki to yonde kudasai~ | Please call me "Sakugeki"
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • YukoRena(Geki) & AtsuYuu shipping all the way! ♥♥♥
« Reply #294 on: May 11, 2015, 10:38:46 AM »

Hmm this might be a Stryfe fix. I'm not sure where to start when trying to fix php.

Is there any hopes that the problem will be fixed soon?
"人間みんな変態だから" - 古川愛李, SKE48 新高柳チームKII 「シアターの女神」千秋楽公演, 2014.04.18 <"Because all people are perverts." - Furukawa Airi, SKE48 New Takayanagi Team KII [Theater no Megami] Last Stage, 2014.04.18>

My Blog: J-Pop and K-Pop Abode   The list of my fics in JPH!P: My fics   Let's have fun here: Acchan48   My home and family: United Nations Society of Adorkable Writers

My KamiOshis: Yuuko-sama, Rena-sama  Oshimen: Yuihime Other favorites: Mirukii, Juri-tan, Ripopo

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #295 on: May 11, 2015, 09:51:52 PM »
We are working on it.

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #296 on: May 12, 2015, 05:51:20 PM »
The preview/modify/posting problem should be fixed now.

Getting the Thanks-mod up to speed as well, basic functionality should be there... you might notice some weird/missing stuff but it'll be fixed soon enough.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #297 on: May 12, 2015, 09:07:42 PM »
The tech mods are the heroes JPH!P needs but not what it deserves. Thank you for helping fix these issues. :D

Offline rka001

« Reply #298 on: May 12, 2015, 10:29:11 PM »
Hi, i am rarely posting here, so my apologies if i have missed it, but the Picroda link is gone from the main navigation.

Offline sakura_drop_

• サクゲキと読んでください | Sakugeki to yonde kudasai~ | Please call me "Sakugeki"
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • YukoRena(Geki) & AtsuYuu shipping all the way! ♥♥♥
« Reply #299 on: May 13, 2015, 12:33:41 PM »
The preview/modify/posting problem should be fixed now.

Getting the Thanks-mod up to speed as well, basic functionality should be there... you might notice some weird/missing stuff but it'll be fixed soon enough.

HUGE THANK YOU  :bow:
"人間みんな変態だから" - 古川愛李, SKE48 新高柳チームKII 「シアターの女神」千秋楽公演, 2014.04.18 <"Because all people are perverts." - Furukawa Airi, SKE48 New Takayanagi Team KII [Theater no Megami] Last Stage, 2014.04.18>

My Blog: J-Pop and K-Pop Abode   The list of my fics in JPH!P: My fics   Let's have fun here: Acchan48   My home and family: United Nations Society of Adorkable Writers

My KamiOshis: Yuuko-sama, Rena-sama  Oshimen: Yuihime Other favorites: Mirukii, Juri-tan, Ripopo

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: The Gospellers - Sweet