JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Tris-chan - JPH!P Delight

Author Topic: Linkin Park  (Read 14731 times)

Offline TheLinkin0213

• Member+
Re: Linkin Park
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2011, 10:34:33 PM »
Favorite band. :) :) :)  I  :heart: Linkin Park

Offline Kid_Alpha

• Jerk Kouhai
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • (」゜ロ゜)」
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2011, 02:02:24 AM »
I loved Linkin Park.

They introduced me into rock music, well more like my sis let me listen to her Linkin Park CDs and then I was introduced into the rock genre. I love their music from their earlier years until 'Minutes to Midnight', though MtM wasn't a great album it had some good songs but nothing that really wowed me honestly. Hybrid Theory is still my favorite album as 'In The End' is my all time favorite song.

Somehow their punk sound turned a little softer and while I can dig it, it just doesn't have the same feel as before or maybe I'm just growing out of them, I mean i was like 10-12 when I was really into them.

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2011, 02:09:32 AM »
^ Hybrid Theory is their best album hands down as for favorite song, I love Faint, although in the end is probably their most famous
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline Kid_Alpha

• Jerk Kouhai
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • (」゜ロ゜)」
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2011, 04:28:14 AM »
^I loved Hybrid Theory and I loved all the songs on that album, I really liked the album art too.

The gundam version of the album was really cool, I remember being all happy about it since Gundam was one of my favorite animes and thinking it was cool that Linkin Park liked it too.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 04:35:24 AM by Kid_Alpha »

Offline pandabiscuit

• ecchi
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2011, 11:19:26 PM »
Their latest album was pretty good.

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2011, 10:39:32 AM »
Ah, Linkin Park...this band put me through hell when it came to discussing music with other people. :lol:

I absolutely LOVED their first album when I first discovered them...besides being quite different from the hip hop and urban pop I was so used to at the time, they did such an awesome job blending and balancing hip-hop with nu-metal/funk-metal. Upon discovering their independent EP from 1999 I instantly pegged them as my new favorite music artist, and the Reanimation remix album is sitll one of my favorite albums of all time. But when Meteora came it didn't seem quite right...the lyrics got simpler and the genre-blending seemed a bit less natural, plus the dreary subject matter became a bit overbearing at this point (though I did appreciate the inclusion of a straight hip-hop track). And when Minutes to Midnight came about, I was glad they wanted to ditch the whole "emo" overtones of their old work, but their music (the most important part) became a bland rock sound, losing the funk and edge that appealed to me in the first place. But having heard a few tracks from their recent album, I might be willing to give them another chance, this time knowing things are different now.

Mike Shinoda really needs to release another Fort Minor album. I've always felt he's at his best when he makes more hip-hop oriented music (my own genre bias aside), and he did as good a job as anyone could to give Styles of Beyond the broader recognition they deserve.

(and I just realized that all the people named Shinoda who are relevant to my interests have first names that start with M--Mike, Miho, Mariko XD )
ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

Offline UltraM

« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2012, 06:40:05 PM »
what happend to this band?

the newest album is just... the last 2 also...
(Meteora was sooooo great... RiP Linkin-Park is no more a "NuMetal" Band)

Offline yooshimen

• Member+
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2012, 06:43:53 PM »
Linkin Park is one of my favourite western bands and my favourite song is Numb and New Divide

Offline RenX

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2012, 01:28:58 AM »
Ah, Living Things came out on June 20th but I listened to it about a week ago, very late :lol:

I like the album, it's great, better than their previous two albums mostly because there are elements present on this album that are reminiscent of their early works, such as the nice return of Chester's screaming and songs like Victimized and Lies Greed Mystery. There are also songs in this album that are similar to the ones in Minutes to Midnight but they are much better because of a rock sound such as Castle of Glass and Roads Untraveled. I like 'Burn It Down' the most, because I think Chester's singing is really great here, particularly when he sings the reff part. That ability of his to sing while screaming so controlled like that is just awesome.

:twothumbs

Offline bgstak69

« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2013, 06:04:48 PM »
I don't have anything against the group itself, but I don't like it because it's fanbase is too edgy for me  :shocked

Offline gek geki

• 松井玲奈 松井玲奈 松井玲奈 松井玲奈
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 松井玲奈 looooooooooooooove~
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2014, 04:50:14 PM »
love living thing

Offline TheLinkin0213

• Member+
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2014, 02:16:12 PM »
Today in Europe appeared in "The Hunting Party" and I think it is not like the previous two albums pretty good, although I do not care what they do all like me.  :)

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Tris-chan - JPH!P Delight