JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Acidman - Hibikari

Author Topic: LIAR GAME! w Erika Toda and Matsuda Shota (Season 2 & Movie announced!)  (Read 71603 times)

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: LIAR GAME! w Erika Toda and Matsuda Shota (Season 2 & Movie announced!)
« Reply #200 on: February 24, 2012, 09:41:53 PM »
“Liar Game” movie to get spin-off drama

It’s been revealed that the second “Liar Game” movie will be getting a spin-off drama this March.

Titled “Alice in Liar Game“, the drama will focus on the past of Alice (played by Ashida Mana). It will portray the relationship between Alice and Omega, along with the mystery of how her life came to be.

Based on a popular manga by Kaitani Shinobu, “Liar Game” is a suspense story about a college student named ‘Kanzaki Nao’ and genius swindler ‘Akiyama Shinichi’, who work together to defeat the game of deception called Liar Game. It received two drama adaptations starring Matsuda Shota and Toda Erika back in 2007 and 2009. The movie, “Liar Game: The Final Stage“, became a huge success in the box-office as it pulled in a revenue of over 2.36 billion yen (approximately 30.7 million USD).

In the new movie, Matsuda will reprise the role of ‘Akiyama Shinichi’ and is once again dragged into the Liar Game. As reported earlier, Tabe Mikako will be starring as the new heroine with the role of ‘Shinomiya Yu’.

Ashida’s character Alice is an intelligent young girl who is a part of the ‘Liar Game Tournament Office’. She is in charge of the game’s structure, player selection, and traps against the players.

“Alice in Liar Game” will broadcast from March 5th to the 8th, each about 55-minutes long. The movie will open in theaters on March 3rd.

Mantan Web

Offline jafeijai

• Member+
  • Music is my life ♪
« Reply #201 on: February 25, 2012, 12:42:13 AM »
From that same article, it looks like they'll be covering the 'musical chairs' arc in the movie. Though with Tabe Mikako portraying an original character, I wonder how the storyline will changed compared to the manga..

Offline iwillbeban

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #202 on: February 25, 2012, 07:27:36 AM »
Good thing a spin-off drama will be made... I hope the ones who plan the live action adaptations won't get bored until the manga is finished...

Offline yukofan

• Maiyan 4 life!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Shiraishi Mai
« Reply #203 on: March 17, 2012, 05:06:46 AM »
i want to watch the new movie of liar game..at first i was disappointed when i knew that toda erika wouldn't take part in new movie..but because i love liar game season 1+2 & final stage movie,i want to watch this movie.

visit my tumblr : nogibaby.tumblr.com

Offline Chaozhk

• ecchi
« Reply #204 on: April 15, 2012, 09:52:37 AM »
i want to watch the movie, it's a connection to the series right? cause it left us hanging at the end of season 2...  >_<

Offline 123qwesz

• ecchi
I know that this movie is already released in Japan. When will it be released internationally?

Offline yukofan

• Maiyan 4 life!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Shiraishi Mai
@^ : the movie DVD usually released 6 months after the movie hit theater in japan..after the DVD released,i think we won't wait for a long time for someone to upload it on internet since Liar Game is popular..and we should wait for someone to sub it too

visit my tumblr : nogibaby.tumblr.com

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #207 on: July 03, 2012, 04:38:50 PM »
Ah forgot to reply to this thread!  Saw the second movie in the theaters earlier this spring and while I was pleased to see the cast members come on stage and say some stuff about the film, I was totally unaware that Toda Erika was not in it!!!!!  :banghead:

I should have suspected something when my friend who's a huge Tabe Mikako fan asked me if I wanted to go!

Having read the manga up until now, the movie was pretty disappointing in comparison.  At this point, it feels like the series is just dragging on b/c it can capitalize on Matsuda and now Ashida Mana being in it.

Perhaps I was able to like the previous drama seasons and film because at that point I hadn't read the manga?

Offline opfer

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Yes, the picture shows Laughing Octopus from MGS4
« Reply #208 on: September 19, 2012, 02:56:13 PM »
Does anybody know where to get the latest Liar Game movie "Liar Game Reborn" with english subtitles? Thanks in advance.
I'm not a monster, it's only a mask.

Offline rexnax

• ecchi
« Reply #209 on: September 21, 2012, 09:30:09 AM »
Does anybody know where to get the latest Liar Game movie "Liar Game Reborn" with english subtitles? Thanks in advance.

actually the subtitle can be found in many online subtitle data base such as this one
http://www.engsub.net/141021/
Just try if this workable for your video, cuz sometimes it doesn't :drool:

Offline opfer

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #210 on: September 21, 2012, 10:25:04 AM »

actually the subtitle can be found in many online subtitle data base such as this one
http://www.engsub.net/141021/
Just try if this workable for your video, cuz sometimes it doesn't :drool:

Many thanks for the help, but on that site there's "only" subs for the Special (Fukunaga vs. Yokoya) and the Alice in Liar Game spinoff...but again thanks, maybe that site will have the subs for the movie soon.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 11:54:23 PM by opfer »

Offline opfer

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #211 on: October 07, 2012, 09:02:27 PM »
So, I have finally seen the movie and have to say it did not amaze me in the way I thought it would. But is a wortwhile watch nonetheless.

Offline Shenjin

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #212 on: December 05, 2012, 12:51:55 PM »
Btw the whole movie can be found on youtube, just search :D. But yea the trailer made me hyped for reborn but without toda erika it feels like its missing something. But as a fanboy, I still think its pretty good :D

Offline Asahi Mon

• Member+
  • idolinger!!!
« Reply #213 on: March 25, 2013, 01:25:10 AM »
Btw the whole movie can be found on youtube, just search :D. But yea the trailer made me hyped for reborn but without toda erika it feels like its missing something. But as a fanboy, I still think its pretty good :D
same with me without erika toda the liar game seems like a little less interesting....they need to find better replacement for erika toda. miss her in liar game.

Offline ReDDsHaD0w

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #214 on: March 25, 2013, 07:31:23 AM »
same with me without erika toda the liar game seems like a little less interesting....they need to find better replacement for erika toda. miss her in liar game.

What exactly is Reborn about?
&
How similar is the Seasons and Movies compared to the manga?

Offline Asahi Mon

• Member+
  • idolinger!!!
« Reply #215 on: March 29, 2013, 12:16:27 AM »
Liar game reborn is the reborn of liar game after Shinichi Akiyama and Nao Kanzaki won the Liar game. with the new heroin Mikako Tabe as Shinomiya and the new appearance of Alice in Liar Game Reborn.. i dont know how is it similar with the manga series but this movie and the series is good and recommended to watch but like i said prefer Nao Kanzaki  :wub: rather than the new heroin within Liar Game Reborn. 8)2

Offline ReDDsHaD0w

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #216 on: March 30, 2013, 08:06:24 AM »
Wow, that seems pretty far ahead compared to the manga.  :lol:
I read the manga for it, so if the season is farther ahead than the manga, I don't think I'd watch until after the manga ends.
I'd rather not spoil the manga for myself by watching the manga  :(

Although, I'm a bit surprised the Liar Game gets continued after Akiyama & Nao beats it.  :huhuh

Offline jechtly

• Nyiauww
  • @Jechtly
« Reply #217 on: June 19, 2013, 09:34:10 AM »
Seriously is the story original or is the author of the manga makes the story?
i cant believe how amazing the last garden of eden arc is going.
thought the author himself writes it

JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Acidman - Hibikari