JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: TaeTiSeo - Twinkle

Author Topic: The Tanpopo Thread (タンポポ)  (Read 8662 times)

Offline eglue

• ecchi
  • Member+
The Tanpopo Thread (タンポポ)
« on: February 05, 2008, 12:07:56 PM »
alrite. tanpopo was one of the greatest subgroups. imo they were at their prime during 2nd generation tanpopo. now pretty much all the 2nd generation of tanpopo are gone. when i heard of biyuden breaking up, i thought that it'd be cool if tsunku revived tanpopo. if i was to remake tanpopo, i'd be rika, eri, chinami (berryz), and momoko (berryz). i know it really wouldnt work out since momoko's in berryz and buono, but oh well...do any of you have suggestions? or tanpopo love in general? i noticed there wasn't a tanpopo thread. maybe it just got so old that it disappeared.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 10:18:08 PM by shirenu »

Offline ~Dan~

• Happyyyy~~~
  • Member+
Re: tanpopo remake
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 01:26:49 PM »
I've been saying they should bring back Tanpopo for years.
For me it'd be Mari, Yasuda, Ayaka, Yossie, something like that.
Sig gone. Tinypic is no more.

Offline Setalia

• The Pun Idol
  • Member+
  • Formerly: Charmy, Risuzu
Re: The Tanpopo Thread
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 10:53:44 PM »
I wouldn't mind seeing Atsuko (Inaba), Mari, and Kei in a group like Tanpopo.

Love, Charmy

Offline eglue

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2008, 02:50:17 AM »
how can you guys not want rika to be in the group? that's craziness! haha.

Offline freakn_emo

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Ore Wa Rika Chan fan zutto Zutto!!!!
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2008, 12:10:07 AM »
exactly how can u not have rika in tanpopo.......if i were to remake tanpopo it would be rika shibata and yossie

Offline Setalia

• The Pun Idol
  • Member+
  • Formerly: Charmy, Risuzu
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2008, 03:08:11 PM »
I was thinking of them doing music in the style of 1stGen Tanpopo. And since Rika's already in Ongaku Gatas, I thought my three choices would be good.:)

Love, Charmy

Offline eglue

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2008, 05:23:03 PM »
^ i see that makes sense. im just personally a fan of 2nd gen tanpopo. koi wo shichaimashita... :D

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
Re: The Tanpopo Thread (タンポポ)
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2010, 04:47:42 PM »

Fill in the survey!

My Tanpopo story:
Favourite Tanpopo member:
Favourite Tanpopo generation:
Favourite Tanpopo song:
Favourite Tanpopo PV:
Favourite Tanpopo album:
A memorable performance:
A picture that I like:
Other comments:

Offline Mucca

• Go! Amazon Goddess!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2010, 06:22:26 PM »
My Tanpopo story: No real story to tell. I vaguely knew of them, but the first song I heard was "Oujisama to Yuki no Yoru" on Pucchi Best 2 and loved it, so I decided to check out more.
Favourite Tanpopo member: Kaori, with Aya a close second.
Favourite Tanpopo generation: 1st
Favourite Tanpopo song: 1st: "Last Kiss"; 2nd: "Oujisama to Yuki no Yoru"
Favourite Tanpopo PV: Motto

Favourite Tanpopo album: Didn't they only have one non-compilation album?  :lol: I guess All of Tanpopo.
A memorable performance: That crazy Utaban performance of "Otome Pasta ni Kandou" with the overdone special effects

A picture that I like:

Other comments: Even though 1st gen is my favorite, I still love 2nd gen lots and lots. Their '60s girl group-inspired sound is impossible to resist.

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2010, 04:44:05 AM »
My Tanpopo story: I was watching Otome Pasta ni Kandou PV and fell in love with Kago and Rika
Favourite Tanpopo member: 2nd gen Tanpopo
Favourite Tanpopo generation: 2nd generation
Favourite Tanpopo song: Otome Pasta ni Kandou
Favourite Tanpopo PV: it was just beautiful
Favourite Tanpopo album: All of Tanpopo
A memorable performance: this i felt sad for as this was the last performance for 2nd generation
A picture that I like: the one used for the thread
Other comments: i like third gen because it has two of my favorite members in there but song wise 2nd generation wins hands down
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2010, 07:13:21 PM »
My Tanpopo story: I don't remember how or when it started, but I LOVE TANPOPO!!! :heart:

Favourite Tanpopo member: I don't really think of Tanpopo that way, for me it's all about the songs! But Tanpopo is probably where I liked Kaori best, if that counts!

Favourite Tanpopo generation: 2nd, but I also really like 1st!

Favourite Tanpopo song:
I'll go with Oujisama to Yuki no Yoru!

Favourite Tanpopo album:
Any collection album because I liked both 1st and 2nd gen lol

A memorable performance:
The same live that was posted by kuro. Wow it's been years since I saw it D:

A picture that I like:

Other comments:
OMFG. Tanpopo 1st gen had such mature and sexy songs, then 2nd gen had such adorable and innocent love songs. This unit is golden to meeee lolol
I'm not really feeling the new Tanpopo, even if their lineup isn't that bad, but... They'd really need their own image D:
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2010, 03:38:36 AM »
My Tanpopo story: After running through the history of Morning Musume, I thought I should check out their subgroups, and since I was already familiar with Minimoni, Tanpopo seemed like the next logical step due to their initial theme of being the "mature" group. I had already seen 2nd and 3rd gen in action due to the involvement of Rika and Aibon, so I put my focus on the original trio and what they had to provide, and I was pleasantly surprised by not just how these girls can handle (slightly) less pop-oriented fare, but also a certain PV set in familiar territory.
Favorite Tanpopo member: As far as this group goes, Aya Ishiguro...it was her main chance to shine before disappearing.
Favorite Tanpopo generation: 1st
Favorite Tanpopo song: Motto
Favorite Tanpopo PV: San Francisco, baby! Momusu in California a whole decade before AX...

A memorable performance: Since someone already posted the Utaban SFX fiasco, here's a 1st/3rd gen convergence for "Last Kiss"...

A picture that I like: 1st gen reunion! They look like a mess, but at least they had a good time that night...

Other comments: Even though I liked the subtle hip-hop influence on the 3rd gen song, I wish the group had stayed with the "mature and serious" theme, since it would've been a great way to set the later generations apart from the usual H!P stuff, and I wasn't too fond of the '60s throwback sound of 2nd gen. Then again, the loss of Ishiguro is probably what put a stop to the original plan.
ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
TANPOPO 1
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2010, 04:13:42 AM »
If not for Tanpopo, I might not be here today.

Early 1999: J-pop is my life.  It's all CDs, , J-dramas and renting music programs on VHS.  And also going to the local stores to browse what's hot.  A lot of stores had J-pop, even Tower Records.  One of the main J-bookstores in town had the "TANPOPO 1" album on the shelf.

Every week I saw that CD, with the three girls with silky dresses and heavy makeup looking back at me.  I wondered what kind of music was in that package.  I imagined something very urban, full of attitude and probably inaccessible as I was drowning in J-idol sugar pop.

Later on I finally get my first PC and add the online world to my own surroundings.  Even on dialup there was quite a bit of digital goodies to...  err, sample.  Anything that was new I leeched, including the sultry girls caked in makeup.  Interesting stuff.  Kinda poppy, rather accessible and with a grown-up sound.  Listen to the groove of "Motto" and I knew one thing: it wasn't the 90s idol stuff I was used to.

And then the bombshell from my friend: that very trio were part of another group that was on the previous NHK Kohaku Utagassen.  A group I declared "a mockery of idol groups."  Morning Musume?!  This is an off-shoot of...  THEM?  Yes, and Santa Claus is an alcoholic too.

But what a bold new world that opened up.  Because I was forced to reconsider the gaggle of girls that rang flat to me the previous year.  By the middle of 1999 I was hooked and I had a new religion.  Thanks to that iconic CD.

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2010, 05:40:54 AM »
^ awesome tale Brother!! Ah, these H!P Gals grip at our emotional strings no matter how far we astray.

My Tanpopo story: First noticed them with the wave of H!P, "Otome Pasta ni Kandō" and "Koi wo Shichaimashita!" and it was a different take from the wild Happy Summer Wedding and hilarious PVs of Country Musume and Pucchi Moni. Again Rika was a big factor in liking the music. Later on I discovered the old Motto and Last Kiss and enjoyed that soulful R&Bish flava. Then Mari and Kaori graduated and Rika teamed with Shiba-chan and it was like heaven on earth. BE HAPPY was the anthem that I applied to life and everything that troubled me. It was too bad they only dropped one song and none since. Tanpopo always had a special place in my heart, esp. with their B-sides I&U&I&U&I
Favourite Tanpopo member: Rika Ishikawa
Favourite Tanpopo generation: 2nd.
Favourite Tanpopo song: I&U&I&U&I
Favourite Tanpopo PV: I loved this Supremes-esque song, with them looking in the mirror and wishing for some shit haha

Favourite Tanpopo album: All of Tanpopo (even featured Ayappe!!)
A memorable performance: BE HAPPY LIVE!

A picture that I like: ahhh...so innocent.

A video that I like: 2002 appearance on FUN!

Other comments: Can't wait to see what the new Tanpopo can do! GO ERI!

Offline J-Triumf

• Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2010, 03:10:47 AM »
Okay, I'm sure y'all heard of the "Love Machine curse" where the cover of the single predicted the order in which people would graduate Morning Musume, and I'm sure some of you may have come across people saying it was "broken" due to a graduation occuring between those of Nacchi and Iida. Well, that "curse" lived on in the PV for Tanpopo's "Koi wo Shichaimashita!"...just watch.

Notice anything funny about the beginning of the video in relation to graduations? Namely, the "Baby baby ooh" part? :lol: Yeah, it caught me by surprise as well.

Don't thank me, thank Pata and his blog Delicious Cake Project for pointing it out (at least I think he's the first one to do so...I haven't come across any other references to this before).
ねぇ、笑って?

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2010, 06:21:17 AM »
Given the point, I think that person had too much time on their hands but oh well :lol:
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline J-Triumf

• Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2010, 10:34:37 AM »
I'm thinking this guy hand plenty of time on his hands... :guitar:

ねぇ、笑って?

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2012, 01:42:19 AM »
Tell me dis doesn't give you CHILLS!!!

another video. aww teary Nacchi
http://video.jp.msn.com/?mkt=ja-jp&vid=79aa44c2-5a5e-4696-97ff-4d30e4291894&from=sharepermalink&src=v5:share:sharepermalink:

Total coverage (and video) in the Dream Morning Musume thread at CHUUCH of Charmy thx youjok for the hard work :jphip:
http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=28120.msg1013100#msg1013100

I BELIEVE YOUR CAAAAAHHH-REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER MUST GO ON!!!!!!!! :hip angel:

eta:

news clip: 2012/03/12_メ~テレ_ドデスカ_ドリームモーニング娘。武道館ライブ.mp4

DOWNLOAD

via :hipheart: youjok at Chuuch of Charmy
sources,thank you so much
120310 DMM Live
http://www.fileswap.com/dl/z8f9ohm4kb/120310_DMM_Live.mp3.html

120310 Tanpopo
http://www.fileswap.com/dl/07Xi8vwRFl/120310_Tanpopo.mp3.html

:drool: so sexy. like it hasn't been 10+ years lol
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 05:48:37 AM by daigong »

JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: TaeTiSeo - Twinkle