JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Smap - Triangle

Author Topic: ABDC Season 6!  (Read 53803 times)

Offline MochaNutz

• ecchi
  • Member+
ABDC Season 6!
« on: February 19, 2008, 09:33:25 PM »
This show is pretty good.  Yeah, these shows have a bad rep these days, but give it a chance =P

I'm rootin' for Jabbawockeez and Kaba Modern.  Not just because they're asian, but i really think they're the best there. 
Jabbawockeez is clean.  I'm kinda iffy on the masks, but i think its good.  Asians never really get noticed, so maybe its good to see the "white" faces.  Of course, they take them off, so you see their faces.

Kaba Modern has a hot asian girl in it.  Not that the other 2 are ugly, but i'm feelin Yuri.

anyone watch it too?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 05:20:33 PM by MochaNutz »
word.

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
Re: Randy Jackson Presents: Americas Best Dance Crew
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 09:49:15 PM »
I don't follow the show, but I saw Step up 2 and saw that the Jabbawockeez were in there. The masks a very recognizable, and I was like "I know I've seen them on America's Best Dance Crew.
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline maiZe

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 09:53:49 PM »
anyone watch it too?
Heck yea! I love this show!

I'm rooting for the same 2 crews you're supporting. Haven't watched last week's episode yet (I don't get MTV - I'm from Canada, but it's playing on Muchmusic over here on Sundays) and my PVR had it down for one hour, but my brother (who watched it already) says we missed the last 2 crews in the recording. So I have to go find it online and d/l it. XD

Offline Odango

• 。♥Super。Cutie♥。
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 2NE1
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2008, 09:55:10 PM »
I watch it too~ But I missed last Thursdays X.x Who got eliminated?

I'm really rooting for Jabbawockeez, just cause they're representing SD~! :D But Kaba Modern is crazy good~! So I like watching them as well.

♥... soundclick ...  ♥ ... youtube ...  ♥
she isnt in this poll but I would like to make it known that I vote Odango for Ultimate Cutest  :theking

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008, 10:37:53 PM »
ive been watching too. kaba modern is the shit, closely followed by jabawockeez. I really dont like break skate

i stumbled on the show by accident cus i was looking for something to watch for a few minutes before i went to work, and my tv said it was suppoed to be punk'd XD but it turned out to be ABDC and so i started following it. i freakin love dance crews and shit so it was a happy mistake~

last thursday femme 5 got eliminated, odango.

facebook | signatures by boykun. ava by rei-chan. | basugasubakuhatsu

Offline boykun

• トマトケチャップ 100% OK
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2008, 02:28:50 AM »
I don't really watch it, but tenkei told me about the show. And then a couple friends started talking about it.

Jabbawockeez and Kaba Modern are the favorites, obviously. Kaba Modern is awesome, but I like Jabbawockeez personally. Their routine reminds me a lot of Japanese Free Style dance crews, most notably EGU-SPLOSION.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 02:32:08 AM by boykun »

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2008, 04:23:05 AM »
lol haven't watched the show but I've been spending the last half hour or so watching kaba modern vids on youtube. Personally hate the format of the show and prefer to watch the home vids.

I was actually invited to attend the taping of the first episode of this show, but woke up that morning feeling like shit from the flu...

saw some vids of the show though and Kaba modern and Jabbawockeez are definately the best of the crews from what I saw.

Plus Yuri is HOT!

UCI was actually my first choice school for college but I wasn't accepted, we could have went to school together ;_;

« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 07:35:40 AM by StreakInTheSky »

Offline boykun

• トマトケチャップ 100% OK
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2008, 05:29:10 AM »
We could've been in the crew! I would have loved to go to UCI, but there was no way I was getting in that school. :lol:

Offline storyboard

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2008, 06:43:31 AM »
I've been watching Dance Crew also and rootin for the same crews you guys are xD. GO JABAWOCKEEZ AND KABA!!! I go to UCI (didn't think I would get in xD), so it's pretty cool seeing Kaba on TV. I got pretty excited when I saw that they were gonna be on the show and had to tell my bro about it (he's a kaba fan xD and was in the club at UCI). I heard that Kaba didn't get to use their best performers (they're great nonetheless) because they had a competition the same day of the audition or something. Wonder what it would be like if they had their best O_O.

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2008, 07:12:42 AM »
i also wouldve went to UCI, but I wouldn't have gotten in either XD so i of course went to UCR instead :D

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2008, 07:35:15 AM »
I've been to UCI once and really loved the campus. In retrospect I should've probably atleast tried in high school a little :lol:

I actually got into UCR but decided to stay a little closer and pay a whole lot less! :P

As much as I like hip-hop dance though I could never see myself joining a crew, I know plenty of people who have and it pretty much becomes your life XD And I always end up mocking those kind of people too :lol:

Anyways, I noticed one of the Kaba guys has the same pair of november rain sb dunks as me... damn him! First time I've seen another person with them.

I go to UCI (didn't think I would get in xD). I heard that Kaba didn't get to use their best performers (they're great nonetheless) because they had a competition the same day of the audition or something. Wonder what it would be like if they had their best O_O.

Nice! Kaba has crazy good and unique dancers, stylewise, I think they're my favorite of the college dance teams I've seen.
oh and if you know Yuri or at some point in time come to know her, hook me up! XD

My cousin goes there right now too... I should ask her the same thing :lol:

Edit: Okay nevermind, she seems to have graduated last year... :lol:
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 08:02:49 AM by StreakInTheSky »

Offline sazabi

• スペース時間破壊者
  • Member+
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2008, 07:42:46 AM »
lol yeah i watched this show just for yuri. damn shes mad hot. :pimp:

Offline claymore

• Shining Hustler
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2008, 07:44:38 PM »
Jabbawockeez and Kaba Modern are my favorites. I don't understand why the judges love Fysh n Chicks so much.
"This isn’t an invention, it’s a responsibility. We need to study this, and if we find that it will help mankind move peacefully forward, then we shall share it’s teachings, because we are not only men of science, we are men of hope."

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2008, 08:58:34 PM »
fysh n chicks is alright, but theyre no where near good enough to go much further on the show. iconic is pretty awesome too. i was a little doubtful of them after their first perf, but then they did some nice shit in their dance battle and second show.

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2008, 04:51:48 AM »
tonight's show was pretty boss. Jabba and KM were fucking sick; Jabba had the best perf of the night imo. I'm upset the iconic was in the bottom two, citing what i said before about FnC. though I have to admit FnC was pretty good tonight, the reverse was cool, but a little sloppy.

Status Quo and Iconic were both crazy tonight too, but I liked Iconic better. Status Quo to me is more about their crazy stunts and flips. Iconic's shit on their back was really cool.

only the third ep, but the best so far

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2008, 05:42:34 AM »
I like the way iconic moves, they're really quick and precise, but I sorta thought their choreography really isn't anything special.

Fish n chycks are alright dancers, but they're not really that great as a team.

Jabbawockeez are the shit.

Offline boykun

• トマトケチャップ 100% OK
  • Member+
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2008, 07:51:49 AM »
Jabbawockeez slew that shit. They best win.

Status Quo was crazy with that physical stuff.

Offline storyboard

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2008, 08:33:02 AM »
Nice! Kaba has crazy good and unique dancers, stylewise, I think they're my favorite of the college dance teams I've seen.
oh and if you know Yuri or at some point in time come to know her, hook me up! XD

My cousin goes there right now too... I should ask her the same thing :lol:

Edit: Okay nevermind, she seems to have graduated last year... :lol:
I gotta say kaba is my fav college dance crew too XD. More on Yuri is that i heard she has a boyfriend D: and that they're inseparable i guess XD.

I just finished watching dance crew, and JABBA killed it!!! As of now I'm liking them over kaba xD.

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2008, 09:41:05 AM »
they always have boyfriends...

Offline MochaNutz

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2008, 06:27:34 AM »
they always have boyfriends...

whats that joke
Why is finding a woman and finding a parking space alike?
Because the good ones are taken and the rest are all handicapped. 
But yeah, if I was with Yuri, i'd stick with her forever too.  She kinda reminded me of Rika this week

anyways, i too am from Toronto, so i just saw ep3 today.  Jabba is too sick.  Status Quo brought it.  I thought they really sucked before, but dang, that was creative doing the crank like that, and the skipping rope.  Jabba's defy gravity was nice too, i didnt' think they'd do it like that.

Iconic didn't have that xfactor to make them stick out, so i think thats why they got kicked out.  They're really technical, but no one notices
word.

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Smap - Triangle